HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perry and Getzlaf talks to start

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
  #426
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,615
vCash: 500
flame fan on trade board said it'd start with palms/etem, which means realistically it would take a 1st and something. Iginla will not return a player with more goals than him and more

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 11:15 PM
  #427
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
How much would it realistically cost to get Ignila?
I'd say a 1st +.

Now if we were going really well, and Iggy said he wanted to go to ANA only, I might be willing to give up a 2nd. But the odds of all those stars lining up are pretty slim.

Eddie Shack is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
  #428
DucksLove
Rookie User
 
DucksLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Apple Valley
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Fingers crossed

DucksLove is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:37 PM
  #429
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
flame fan on trade board said it'd start with palms/etem, which means realistically it would take a 1st and something. Iginla will not return a player with more goals than him and more
If that's the asking price I will pass. Trading away great young talent for a old Iginla seem like back peddling. HF just wrote an amazing article on our star upcoming talent. Good read btw... If its a 1st and a B prospect I would pull it. But Holland Etem Kerdiles and Palms are talent that I just don't see worth trading away.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
  #430
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,395
vCash: 500
If they haven't signed Perry and Getzlaf by the trade deadline we can't afford to send a 1st anywhere because we will need it to replace them. If they're signed then its a possibility the team could use a 1st to improve the team, but I doubt there's a big splash - this team is built on chemistry, I'm not sure they'll want to screw that up.

Ducks DVM is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
  #431
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
If that's the asking price I will pass. Trading away great young talent for a old Iginla seem like back peddling. HF just wrote an amazing article on our star upcoming talent. Good read btw... If its a 1st and a B prospect I would pull it. But Holland Etem Kerdiles and Palms are talent that I just don't see worth trading away.
To the rest of the league, Etem, Holland, etc ARE B prospects.

snarktacular is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
  #432
Nikko*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
To the rest of the league, Etem, Holland, etc ARE B prospects.
Which is why we shouldn't sell them low.

Nikko* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
  #433
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Which is why we shouldn't sell them low.
If you really believe in them, then yes it would be a bad idea. Depends on how good you think they will be/how sure you are they will reach that.

snarktacular is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
  #434
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
To the rest of the league, Etem, Holland, etc ARE B prospects.
To the rest of the leagues prospect pools? Or roster spots? If its roster spots I would say you are correct. But compared to prospect talent league wide I would disagree. You should really read that HF article explaining how much depth we have and rising star talent.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
  #435
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
If they haven't signed Perry and Getzlaf by the trade deadline we can't afford to send a 1st anywhere because we will need it to replace them. If they're signed then its a possibility the team could use a 1st to improve the team, but I doubt there's a big splash - this team is built on chemistry, I'm not sure they'll want to screw that up.
Agree with this. If both are signed and we still havent found a set Top 6 in terms of consistant lines than maybe we consider it. But still Id be hesitant to make a big move, they seem to hurt as often as they help.

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:28 PM
  #436
Nikko*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
If you really believe in them, then yes it would be a bad idea. Depends on how good you think they will be/how sure you are they will reach that.
What is your personal opinion on those two?

Nikko* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
  #437
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
What is your personal opinion on those two?
I really like Etem and he would not be anything I would give up. But I think his NHL readiness is kind of overrated here. And I sometimes worry about his actual offensive upside. He doesn't seem to be improving in terms of using his linemates. He's the one forward prospect with star potential that we have, but I still rate him below Palmieri.

Holland is a guy who I was never really I high on. I would be more g than happy to package him off. That said he has developed on track for a second liner. So pretty much the definition of a B prospect.

snarktacular is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:25 PM
  #438
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,732
vCash: 50
An A prospect, to me, is blue chip or could make an argument as blue chip. None of our forward prospects qualify. I'm not sure any of our prospects period qualify.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
  #439
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,732
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
To the rest of the leagues prospect pools? Or roster spots? If its roster spots I would say you are correct. But compared to prospect talent league wide I would disagree. You should really read that HF article explaining how much depth we have and rising star talent.
I think you're reading too much into the "rising star talent" phrase. They are young stars looking to take the next step... not NHL stars.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:35 PM
  #440
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
An A prospect, to me, is blue chip or could make an argument as blue chip. None of our forward prospects qualify. I'm not sure any of our prospects period qualify.
Gibson, Lindholm are the only two that I'd conisder A prospects

AngelDuck is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
  #441
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,452
vCash: 50
What exactly is a blue-chip prospect? A player who has 1st line/pairing potential and is likely to reach it?

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
  #442
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Gibson, Lindholm are the only two that I'd conisder A prospects
I don't know enough about Karlsson to say for sure, but I definitely think it's possible that he might be in that group, too. I get the sense from the Swedes that there's a ton of hype around two young forwards over there: E. Lindholm and Karlsson. That's how I've been interpreting it at least.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:42 PM
  #443
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I don't know enough about Karlsson to say for sure, but I definitely think it's possible that he might be in that group, too. I get the sense from the Swedes that there's a ton of hype around two young forwards over there: E. Lindholm and Karlsson. That's how I've been interpreting it at least.
Yeah, maybe Rakell? Don't know enough about Rakell to say if he's on that level, but from everything I've read...He seems more like a potential second liner with great defensive upside, then a 1st line blue-chipper. Also haven't seen a ton of Karlsson, but he's having a very nice season in SEL and is definitely someone to keep an eye on

AngelDuck is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:44 PM
  #444
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Gibson, Lindholm are the only two that I'd conisder A prospects
Gibson's the only prospect, in my mind, who could maybe, be labeled as a "blue chip". "Blue chip" is usually reserved for guys who could end up being one of the best at their position, in the entire league. The only current "skater" prospects I would label as a "blue chip" would be Yakupov, Huberdeau, Tarasenko, and Hamilton. (Yes, I know those 4 aren't exactly considered prospects anymore)

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
  #445
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
What exactly is a blue-chip prospect? A player who has 1st line/pairing potential and is likely to reach it?
In Hockey's Future terms, around 8.5 or better (at least in my definition of "Blue Chip"). Guys like Lindholm are a level below.

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:50 PM
  #446
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,732
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
What exactly is a blue-chip prospect? A player who has 1st line/pairing potential and is likely to reach it?
Yeah, pretty much. They're as close to can't miss as you're likely to find.

I'd consider an A prospect(this is pretty arbitrary, for the record) at, or just below that level. Gibson or Lindholm, for example, may be able to make an argument based on potential and how they have looked compared to their peers. I wouldn't call them can't miss, but they probably belong above the B level too. If only because there is huge upside.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:52 PM
  #447
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
In Hockey's Future terms, around 8.5 or better (at least in my definition of "Blue Chip"). Guys like Lindholm are a level below.
Don't know if I agree with that. I mean name 5 defense prospects better than Lindholm.

Hamilton
Schultz
Brodin
Murray???
Reilly???
Dumba???
Reinhart???

He might be a top 5 defense prospect. Pretty close to blue chip.

Edit: And Hamilton, Schultz, Brodin are in the NHL, so he's even closer to the top than I thought

AngelDuck is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:55 PM
  #448
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,362
vCash: 50
To me blue chip is a step above A prospect.

I think the Ducks have 1 A prospect. Gibson. Lindholm might be A-, but is probably B+.

Blue chip? Hmm. Maybe 4 in the history? Kariya, Tverdovsky, Getzlaf, and Fowler?

snarktacular is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:58 PM
  #449
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
To me blue chip is a step above A prospect.

I think the Ducks have 1 A prospect. Gibson. Lindholm might be A-, but is probably B+.

Blue chip? Hmm. Maybe 4 in the history? Kariya, Tverdovsky, Getzlaf, and Fowler?
Bobby Ryan

Not sure if he was considered blue chip or not, but he was a pretty good prospect

AngelDuck is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
  #450
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,732
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
To me blue chip is a step above A prospect.

I think the Ducks have 1 A prospect. Gibson. Lindholm might be A-, but is probably B+.

Blue chip? Hmm. Maybe 4 in the history? Kariya, Tverdovsky, Getzlaf, and Fowler?
I wouldn't have called Fowler blue chip. Talent wise, absolutely, but I wouldn't have called him a sure thing. Huge upside, but lots of risk.

Lindholm, I think, is still on the fence because he's been out with a concussion. If he had been healthy the entire time, I think we'd have a much better idea of exactly where he stands. We'd have a better idea of where he stands developmentally, and we'd probably even see what kind of progress he's making. I think there are very, very few players who are draft eligible who are immediately considered blue chip.

Sojourn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.