Notices

Perry and Getzlaf talks to start

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
flame fan on trade board said it'd start with palms/etem, which means realistically it would take a 1st and something. Iginla will not return a player with more goals than him and more

Old
02-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
How much would it realistically cost to get Ignila?
I'd say a 1st +.

Now if we were going really well, and Iggy said he wanted to go to ANA only, I might be willing to give up a 2nd. But the odds of all those stars lining up are pretty slim.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
DucksLove
Rookie User

Fingers crossed

Old
02-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
flame fan on trade board said it'd start with palms/etem, which means realistically it would take a 1st and something. Iginla will not return a player with more goals than him and more
If that's the asking price I will pass. Trading away great young talent for a old Iginla seem like back peddling. HF just wrote an amazing article on our star upcoming talent. Good read btw... If its a 1st and a B prospect I would pull it. But Holland Etem Kerdiles and Palms are talent that I just don't see worth trading away.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

If they haven't signed Perry and Getzlaf by the trade deadline we can't afford to send a 1st anywhere because we will need it to replace them. If they're signed then its a possibility the team could use a 1st to improve the team, but I doubt there's a big splash - this team is built on chemistry, I'm not sure they'll want to screw that up.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
If that's the asking price I will pass. Trading away great young talent for a old Iginla seem like back peddling. HF just wrote an amazing article on our star upcoming talent. Good read btw... If its a 1st and a B prospect I would pull it. But Holland Etem Kerdiles and Palms are talent that I just don't see worth trading away.
To the rest of the league, Etem, Holland, etc ARE B prospects.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Which is why we shouldn't sell them low.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
Which is why we shouldn't sell them low.
If you really believe in them, then yes it would be a bad idea. Depends on how good you think they will be/how sure you are they will reach that.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
To the rest of the leagues prospect pools? Or roster spots? If its roster spots I would say you are correct. But compared to prospect talent league wide I would disagree. You should really read that HF article explaining how much depth we have and rising star talent.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
If they haven't signed Perry and Getzlaf by the trade deadline we can't afford to send a 1st anywhere because we will need it to replace them. If they're signed then its a possibility the team could use a 1st to improve the team, but I doubt there's a big splash - this team is built on chemistry, I'm not sure they'll want to screw that up.
Agree with this. If both are signed and we still havent found a set Top 6 in terms of consistant lines than maybe we consider it. But still Id be hesitant to make a big move, they seem to hurt as often as they help.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
If you really believe in them, then yes it would be a bad idea. Depends on how good you think they will be/how sure you are they will reach that.
What is your personal opinion on those two?

Old
02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
What is your personal opinion on those two?
I really like Etem and he would not be anything I would give up. But I think his NHL readiness is kind of overrated here. And I sometimes worry about his actual offensive upside. He doesn't seem to be improving in terms of using his linemates. He's the one forward prospect with star potential that we have, but I still rate him below Palmieri.

Holland is a guy who I was never really I high on. I would be more g than happy to package him off. That said he has developed on track for a second liner. So pretty much the definition of a B prospect.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

An A prospect, to me, is blue chip or could make an argument as blue chip. None of our forward prospects qualify. I'm not sure any of our prospects period qualify.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
To the rest of the leagues prospect pools? Or roster spots? If its roster spots I would say you are correct. But compared to prospect talent league wide I would disagree. You should really read that HF article explaining how much depth we have and rising star talent.
I think you're reading too much into the "rising star talent" phrase. They are young stars looking to take the next step... not NHL stars.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:35 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
An A prospect, to me, is blue chip or could make an argument as blue chip. None of our forward prospects qualify. I'm not sure any of our prospects period qualify.
Gibson, Lindholm are the only two that I'd conisder A prospects

Old
02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Gibson Les Palms

What exactly is a blue-chip prospect? A player who has 1st line/pairing potential and is likely to reach it?

Old
02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I don't know enough about Karlsson to say for sure, but I definitely think it's possible that he might be in that group, too. I get the sense from the Swedes that there's a ton of hype around two young forwards over there: E. Lindholm and Karlsson. That's how I've been interpreting it at least.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:42 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I don't know enough about Karlsson to say for sure, but I definitely think it's possible that he might be in that group, too. I get the sense from the Swedes that there's a ton of hype around two young forwards over there: E. Lindholm and Karlsson. That's how I've been interpreting it at least.
Yeah, maybe Rakell? Don't know enough about Rakell to say if he's on that level, but from everything I've read...He seems more like a potential second liner with great defensive upside, then a 1st line blue-chipper. Also haven't seen a ton of Karlsson, but he's having a very nice season in SEL and is definitely someone to keep an eye on

Old
02-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Gibson's the only prospect, in my mind, who could maybe, be labeled as a "blue chip". "Blue chip" is usually reserved for guys who could end up being one of the best at their position, in the entire league. The only current "skater" prospects I would label as a "blue chip" would be Yakupov, Huberdeau, Tarasenko, and Hamilton. (Yes, I know those 4 aren't exactly considered prospects anymore)

Old
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
What exactly is a blue-chip prospect? A player who has 1st line/pairing potential and is likely to reach it?
In Hockey's Future terms, around 8.5 or better (at least in my definition of "Blue Chip"). Guys like Lindholm are a level below.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Yeah, pretty much. They're as close to can't miss as you're likely to find.

I'd consider an A prospect(this is pretty arbitrary, for the record) at, or just below that level. Gibson or Lindholm, for example, may be able to make an argument based on potential and how they have looked compared to their peers. I wouldn't call them can't miss, but they probably belong above the B level too. If only because there is huge upside.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:52 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
In Hockey's Future terms, around 8.5 or better (at least in my definition of "Blue Chip"). Guys like Lindholm are a level below.
Don't know if I agree with that. I mean name 5 defense prospects better than Lindholm.

Hamilton
Schultz
Brodin
Murray???
Reilly???
Dumba???
Reinhart???

He might be a top 5 defense prospect. Pretty close to blue chip.

Edit: And Hamilton, Schultz, Brodin are in the NHL, so he's even closer to the top than I thought

Old
02-20-2013, 07:55 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

To me blue chip is a step above A prospect.

I think the Ducks have 1 A prospect. Gibson. Lindholm might be A-, but is probably B+.

Blue chip? Hmm. Maybe 4 in the history? Kariya, Tverdovsky, Getzlaf, and Fowler?

Old
02-20-2013, 07:58 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:

I think the Ducks have 1 A prospect. Gibson. Lindholm might be A-, but is probably B+.

Blue chip? Hmm. Maybe 4 in the history? Kariya, Tverdovsky, Getzlaf, and Fowler?
Bobby Ryan

Not sure if he was considered blue chip or not, but he was a pretty good prospect

Old
02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:

I wouldn't have called Fowler blue chip. Talent wise, absolutely, but I wouldn't have called him a sure thing. Huge upside, but lots of risk.

Lindholm, I think, is still on the fence because he's been out with a concussion. If he had been healthy the entire time, I think we'd have a much better idea of exactly where he stands. We'd have a better idea of where he stands developmentally, and we'd probably even see what kind of progress he's making. I think there are very, very few players who are draft eligible who are immediately considered blue chip.

Closed Thread