HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
You have to wonder if Avs have said to O'Reilly that if he wants to be traded he has to accept a certain salary. If he's going to ask for $5M/year or something crazy like that, it's going to be very hard to move him. Might not be worth it to Avs.

Edit: Link to Dater on NHL Live
He hasn't "asked" for a trade. Why would he agree with the Avs to accept less than he thinks he's worth to help facilitate their decision to trade him?

I could see him agreeing to that with a potential suitor, though, if it was a team he'd like to play for.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I don't want too many ex-Avs there... How bad would it suck if they won the Cup?
I don't mind ex-Avs winning a cup, including O'Reilly in the future.

The only ones I don't want to win a cup are Quincey and Wolski and I'm not all that passionate about the issue.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:

The only ones I don't want to win a cup are Quincey and Wolski and I'm not all that passionate about the issue.
Individually, I don't mind either. Wish ROR the best, as well. I just don't want to see a top 3 (or top 6) of ex-Avs win, and think, "Damn, they could have won that Cup in Colorado..."

Old
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I don't want too many ex-Avs there... How bad would it suck if they won the Cup?
Rather watch them lift the cup than a lot of other teams. It'll be a little bittersweet, but I'll root for the guys, cause I liked them. Kinda like how I was happy QUincey ended up with the red wings cause I always hated him with the Avs so it was nice seeing him go to a team it was easy for me to hate, thus it is for the guys I liked in their time here going to a team like Florida that it's easy for me to like.

Plus how awesome would it be if a Flash-ROR-Mueller line lead them to the SC finals in a few years when Matty Duchene and co are ready to make their run. That would be a SCF that I'd watch over and over again.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

Agreed, except maybe Quincey.

I really don't want to see him win a cup, but more so because of the team he currently plays for then him as a player.

I actually hope ROR wins a couple cups during his career, he's still a good hard working player who plays the game the right way, Ill still be a big fan of his even after this debacle. I put blame on his agents more so then him for all of this.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:30 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

It really sounds to me like a combo of ROR getting some bad advice, ROR's camp not willing to accept the same deal as Duchene, and the Avs not willing to pay ROR more than Duchene. I think the Avs are correct in that notion, but ROR has every right to try to get as much money as possible, there are just repercussions for that action.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Still really wish ROR would just sign back, gonna be a real sad day when he's traded, regardless of the return.
Here's the thing though, and maybe TPS or someone with closer ties to the team might have a better take or can correct me. But think even if he re-signs he maybe an outsider in the locker room. I mean, true or not there is the perception he's holding out because he's mad and holding out because Lando got the C and that he thinks he's more valueable to the team than its best player(Duchene).

On the fan this Afternoon Dater made it sound like ROR isn't exactly the most popular guy in the locker room right now. So it may just be for the best all around and not just for the front office that he is moved.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Rather watch them lift the cup than a lot of other teams. It'll be a little bittersweet, but I'll root for the guys, cause I liked them. Kinda like how I was happy QUincey ended up with the red wings cause I always hated him with the Avs so it was nice seeing him go to a team it was easy for me to hate, thus it is for the guys I liked in their time here going to a team like Florida that it's easy for me to like.

Plus how awesome would it be if a Flash-ROR-Mueller line lead them to the SC finals in a few years when Matty Duchene and co are ready to make their run. That would be a SCF that I'd watch over and over again.
Yeah, but no one can hate the Panthers. Its nice little team.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:33 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Here's the thing though, and maybe TPS or someone with closer ties to the team might have a better take or can correct me. But think even if he re-signs he maybe an outsider in the locker room. I mean, true or not there is the perception he's holding out because he's mad and holding out because Lando got the C and that he thinks he's more valueable to the team than its best player(Duchene).

On the fan this Afternoon Dater made it sound like ROR isn't exactly the most popular guy in the locker room right now. So it may just be for the best all around and not just for the front office that he is moved.
I'm sure the players know the situation behind the scenes. Some are probably totally okay with it, some may not agree, but understand, and some probably totally hate it. We really don't know who is on what side except Duchene who is in the hate it crowd.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post

I don't think so, Dater is just an emotional guys, and lets his emotions get the better of him when he writes, I don't think the locker room issues are nearly as bad with ROR as he makes them out to be.

I mean sure theres probably a little animosity between some guys and ROR, but ROR is the type of guy who I think would walk into the room, tell the guys he's sorry, and work his ass off to make it up to everyone. One week tops and everyone would love the guy again.

Which is the difference between Subban and ROR(kinda offtopic), Subban isn't the type of guy to do what ever it takes to make amends with his teammates, he probably somewhat shrugged it off as a who cares type thing, ROR wouldn't do that. That's part of the reason why I don't think there would be as much dislike in the first place, ROR cares about his team and teammates a lot more.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:19 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I'd Love that! Every time an avs player goes to FA, I always pull for the cats to pick em up. I live 20 minutes from where the panthers practice so I go check them out a lot and see muells and flash. Also watched Svatos when he tried out. Nostalgia Ill tell you, if half of their prospects somewhat hit, in 3 years the panthers are going to be quite formidable.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
There is no indication that his agent isn't doing what Ryan is telling him. The player is employing the agent. Not the other way around. I'm not sure we should assume he is being controlled by his dad/agent in this situation.

He is a 22 year old man. I'm not going to view him as a victim in this. He has chosen this path for himself.
Yeah maybe...maybe not. In the end, he'll get the blame and will need to accept it.

But a small part of me is thinking that he's not really in the driver's seat here.

- "Hey Ryan, when do you think you'll play again?"

- "I dunno, when my dad wakes up on the sane side of the bed?"

I wouldn't have thought this before I read the manifesto but man, if that guy really believes all of that stuff, I cannot imagine that he's been exactly super easy to deal with growing up even as his son. He talks a lot about 'beating the final boss control management whatever' but maybe he's no better and controls individuals.

For me, it either a little bit of THAT...OR...the alternative is that everything that RoR did last year to prove that he was the 'greatest character player in the history of pro sports' was all for show. All the running up and down stairs after games and taking losses extremely hard (of course while Dater is there to gobble it all up) was, unfortunately all for the build-up of this persona.

My reasoning is that the Ryan O'Reilly that I know, correction that I THOUGHT I KNEW, is not the guy that I'm currently seeing holding out for more money than what is league-wide considered more than fair. He's not a guy that would be upset about NOT being the captain, if it happens fine, if not, fine, he's not the guy that would be JEALOUS about the contract status of OTHER teammates. In other words, he's a REAL character player, he just wants to play and the rest takes care of itself.

So he's either really STILL that guy that I thought I knew and he's being controlled by external forces OR I never really knew Ryan O'Reilly at all. It's certainly not both.

"Jealousy's an ugly color, Bankfarter"

Old
02-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
We're back at .500 now. Landeskog is expected back very soon and EJ is also feeling a lot better according to Dater.

Trade him now and get back a player or two who could can help us.

Last edited by Avs_19: 02-21-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old
02-21-2013, 12:17 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
We're back at .500 now. Landeskog is expected back very soon and EJ is also feeling a lot better according to Dater.

Trade him now and get back a player or two could can help us.
I'm very suprised we have gone 7-7-1 without Downie and RoR for the whole season. And EJ and Landy for quite some time.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:19 AM
jake07

And Wilson probablyour best defenseman before his hurt

Old
02-21-2013, 12:20 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I'm very suprised we have gone 7-7-1 without Downie and RoR for the whole season. And EJ and Landy for quite some time.
The Avs are a better team than are frequently given credit for. That and Duchene is flat out carrying this team on his back.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:23 AM
AvsFanRCN

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
The Avs are a better team than are frequently given credit for. That and Duchene is flat out carrying this team on his back.
the offense maybe, but I'd argue that Varly is carrying this team more than duchene is

Old
02-21-2013, 12:25 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake07 View Post
And Wilson probablyour best defenseman before his hurt
What? Wilson was pretty disappointing before he got hurt.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I am by no means a Wilson fan, but he did look pretty decent for the most part this year. He wasn't our best defender though, that was clearly EJ.

Same story as always though for Wilson. Looks fairly good early, gets hurt, and will probably look like crap the rest of the way.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Agreed. EJ has clearly been our best defenseman.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:28 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanRCN View Post
the offense maybe, but I'd argue that Varly is carrying this team more than duchene is
Varly has let in a number of soft goals this year that have hurt the team, but for the most part he has played really well. Without Duchene I'm not sure this team has 4 wins.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:30 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I am by no means a Wilson fan, but he did look pretty decent for the most part this year. He wasn't our best defender though, that was clearly EJ.

Same story as always though for Wilson. Looks fairly good early, gets hurt, and will probably look like crap the rest of the way.
Hopefully when Wilson gets back he is on the bottom pairing

ROR trade - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Elliott/Hunwick

Old
02-21-2013, 12:44 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

Trade him now and get back a player or two who could can help us.
Agreed.

Not that it matters much, but Mckenzie was on NHL Network and he said Ottawa is the team to watch as they have the assets to bring him back. Ottawa does have a lot of good prospects that would work, but not much that would help a whole lot right now.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Agreed.

Not that it matters much, but Mckenzie was on NHL Network and he said Ottawa is the team to watch as they have the assets to bring him back. Ottawa does have a lot of good prospects that would work, but not much that would help a whole lot right now.
This was recently? He said something similar on the night they first said we're looking to trade him.

Sens could be a good trade partner but they have no defensemen who can help us right away. Someone like Zibanejad or Silfverberg can come in and help our offense but the main target should be a top four defenseman.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:02 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I don't think so, Dater is just an emotional guys, and lets his emotions get the better of him when he writes, I don't think the locker room issues are nearly as bad with ROR as he makes them out to be.

I mean sure theres probably a little animosity between some guys and ROR, but ROR is the type of guy who I think would walk into the room, tell the guys he's sorry, and work his ass off to make it up to everyone. One week tops and everyone would love the guy again.

Which is the difference between Subban and ROR(kinda offtopic), Subban isn't the type of guy to do what ever it takes to make amends with his teammates, he probably somewhat shrugged it off as a who cares type thing, ROR wouldn't do that. That's part of the reason why I don't think there would be as much dislike in the first place, ROR cares about his team and teammates a lot more.
Not to trend off topic here, but this statement is really just not true at all. Have you ever seen Subban in his off-season work outs? Have you seen him on his down-time? The guy doesn't go out and party, or get drunk or spend his money foolishly. He goes home, relaxes, thinks about the game and how he can improve. "The Score" television network in Canada followed him around in the summer, the guy is as humble as they come.

Sure, he looks like a goof on the ice when he or one of his teammates scores, but so what? He's happy his team got a goal, he's just one of those guys who enjoys celebrating a little more than others. If i recall, there was a time when guys didn't even touch gloves after scoring by the bench, and now they do that. Wonder which guy took the brunt of that blame? Subban just enjoys his teammates having success, as much as he enjoys it for himself.

Lastly, at least Subban actually SIGNED a deal, and may I remind you, a great deal, so that he could prove himself to the Canadiens front office and to his teammates. He just wanted to be playing hockey again and was thankful to be in Montreal. Sounds a little like a certain someone around here wearing number 9 does it not? If we are talking strictly personality and work ethic here, based on what has happened, I will take P.K. Subban any day over Ryan O'Reilly. O'Reilly has become a joke now, if he REALLY cared about playing for this club, he'd go around his agent, and sign the deal. His agent doesn't have to speak on his behalf for every single thing. This is a joke

Closed Thread