Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 01:57 AM
trouty

vCash: 500
Don't worry Jets management have little clue,they should pick up more players and not play them.I pity a kid like Puluso we all know Jets don't wanna be tough,then leave this kid alone,could of let him clear waivers least he be playing not being left in the press box.I'd love to see him sent here,if he got claime good for the kid,Jets just wasting his development regarless,like most their prospects

Old
02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
Don't worry Jets management have little clue,they should pick up more players and not play them.I pity a kid like Puluso we all know Jets don't wanna be tough,then leave this kid alone,could of let him clear waivers least he be playing not being left in the press box.I'd love to see him sent here,if he got claime good for the kid,Jets just wasting his development regarless,like most their prospects
Peluso wouldn't clear waivers. STL would be able to get him back and place them on their AHL team like they originally inteded.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:42 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
I never listened nor bothered to check the score,ill give the effort the Jets prospects give and thats zero.Its sad that i wish we sit 90 percent of the Jets Prospects and and play ahl and echl contract guys,thats how much people in St.John's value your farm,some of them anit even worth a 7th rounder nor loanable

Becides O Dell Telegin,Melichori Charot Jaffrey and Cormier,anything else that is a Jet propect has been useless,and fans here would rather them sit then play.

Either or next year will be better so better days ahead
Meh...
1) None of the STJ pieces were TNSE pieces; next season will be the first season you receive "build from the draft" parts, and even then it will take probably two years to move the deadweight... After that it'll be more maintanence.
2) Melchiori, Cormier, Telegin and O'Dell are the only pieces I see with NHL potential, and Telegin is the only one with above bottom rung potential. Mach, Mace + Max are a bit of a touchy topic here but they likely are as good now as they will ever be.

So I wasn't really expecting much...

Old
02-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Gil Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Peluso wouldn't clear waivers. STL would be able to get him back and place them on their AHL team like they originally inteded.
Meh. The world is ending. Don't confuse things with facts.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:24 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 365
Quote:
The defence is exactlly how i expected,young inexperienced making mistakes,bright spots Melchorri Charrot 2 best

Netminding Pazqualle been beyond terrible and probobly cost the Caps more games then hes won.

Forwards Teligin has been good if he adds weight and musicle he will be good

O Dell beyond the best all around prospect,can play between any 2 guys

Klingberg has unfortunitly 1 year left before he stays in Sweden no team will waste a vet slot on him

Cormier heart and sole really love what he brings game in game out

Maxime Mass -had great start to year,lockout ended he returned and became Spencer part 2 another invisable guy

Maxwell-this guy who knows,out of the bunch hes trying the most,i just think Ben's having a offyear honestly

Spencer-attitude coming into St.John's did zero for 2 months,when hint lockout might end he did put up points,soon as he was sent back to Caps does not care,and prob wont do anything rest of season hes totally tuned out now

Gagnon-just no clue where this guys been all year,thou sunday he played his best game

O Neil thou u all love him,is prob the worst rook D and would benifit in Colorado,but i dont see Jets sending him

Sol-I think can be a force hes a big boy but needs to bulk up,once he does bulk god watch out

Most bright spots are being provided by non Jet Prospects unfortunitly,most times the ahl guys are providing the spark
Quote:
I never listened nor bothered to check the score,ill give the effort the Jets prospects give and thats zero.Its sad that i wish we sit 90 percent of the Jets Prospects and and play ahl and echl contract guys,thats how much people in St.John's value your farm,some of them anit even worth a 7th rounder nor loanable

Becides O Dell Telegin,Melichori Charot Jaffrey and Cormier,anything else that is a Jet propect has been useless,and fans here would rather them sit then play.

Either or next year will be better so better days ahead
Thanks trouty for the updates on the Jets' prospects. I usually don't visit this thread, as I can't see much down there that will ever make a difference for the Jets now that Redmond and Postma are up, and you have pretty much confirmed that. But we did get a team with a prospect cupboard pretty bare. Our best prospects are in Junior or the NCAA so chances are pretty good at least some of them will spend some time on the rock.

Quote:
Meh...
1) None of the STJ pieces were TNSE pieces; next season will be the first season you receive "build from the draft" parts, and even then it will take probably two years to move the deadweight... After that it'll be more maintanence.
2) Melchiori, Cormier, Telegin and O'Dell are the only pieces I see with NHL potential, and Telegin is the only one with above bottom rung potential. Mach, Mace + Max are a bit of a touchy topic here but they likely are as good now as they will ever be.

So I wasn't really expecting much...
I agree garret on all your points.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Huffer

vCash: 1458
Quote:
Good thing you're there to help them then with all of your years and years of work in professional hockey at various levels. Better get your resume in because they must need your genius.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:51 AM
trouty

Quote:
Ans your point being,he don't play for your team,if St.Louis claims him,least he will play.I'm assuming sitting in your press box really helps him,he is prob begging to be waived.Then again it must be the Jets great record that's keeping him off the ice,dot want a goon breaking ip your momentium and wiinning ways

Old
02-18-2013, 10:58 AM
trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Good thing you're there to help them then with all of your years and years of work in professional hockey at various levels. Better get your resume in because they must need your genius.
Don't need years of experience to see a orgainizaion is lacking big time,and management is invisable.Jets Icecaos and Eagles all close to last overall. Jets management doing liittle up. Their ,and done zero to try and fix the locker room of icecaps which is split. As a Anaheim Duck fan ur team can play and sit in last forever I don't care.If I pay 1200 bucks to watch your flondering prospects least Jets can do is put a team that tries,winning don't matter ,I had Baby Leafs teams that were bad,but they tried and gave a effort

Old
02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
IceCapsFanNL

I bet Peluso is happier making NHL money on the bench in WPG rather than in Peoria on an AHL salary.

But seriously, why are you bothered? I've read your posts and from my perspective, you are predisposed to be critical of the Jets and Caps management on the ice and off of it.

You have been told repeatedly that from the perspective of the Jets fans they recognize that the cupboard is bare at the moment, and this should improve over the next few seasons. I tend to agree with this.

You state here and elsewhere that the management is neglecting the team. Outside of signing whatever ECHL scorers whom are unsigned, (and they did sign Mouillerat) what is there to be done? Remember they are paying Maxwell, Machachek et al. Trade for other teams underachievers? You can't really expect the organization to sit players they are paying.

I understand the frustration, but your comments aren't helpful.

This is your last sentence.

"Then again it must be the Jets great record that's keeping him off the ice,dot want a goon breaking ip your momentium and wiinning ways."

Leaving aside your presentation, what is the point of this? How is trolling the Winnipeg Jets fans in here helpful? Don't expect the fans in here to take your comments positively in the future.

Huffer is right in calling you out on your comments.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:04 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 50
Quote:
[mod]don't worry May will be here soon.I'm off to the Anaheim board to discuss Wins.Guess my spelling is as good as the season.Sadly next season is expected to be are down season as we get younger.
Trouty - in a perfect world, what would you have them do with the IceCaps roster? Do you agree that the prospect cupboard is a bit bare right now?

Last edited by Jet: 02-18-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: cleanup
Old
02-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Canadienjet

This season has been a trainwreck.

I don't care what the Jets get for certain players ( draft picks,"future considerations",Tims Double Double) just as long as they are out of here.

Guys don't care, it don't take a genius to see it.I'm far from it and I can see it.

Last edited by Canadienjet: 02-18-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Two more goals for O'Dell!

Both goals were assisted by Mouillierat and Klingberg

Maxwell also scored from O'Neill and Mouillierat

Old
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Chevy is at the STJ game and is being interviewed on the other teams stream.

He discussed:
*logistics of the distance between STJ and WPG, basically says it can be a problem at times, but it isn't anything that hard to get used to
*consistent sell outs at STJ
*STJ losing its "two best defensemen" to the main team
*STJ having a rough transfer period due to bare prospect cupboards but will hopefully change drastically in a year or two
*increased non-pro scouting due to lots of picks this year and pro scouting for STJ, including Zinger looking in Europe a lot lately
*he wants a winning mentality on both AHL and NHL teams to promote good practices and avoid poor habits

He was asked which players have really impressed him this year:
*He said Melchiori has really picked up his game with the increased minutes due to Redmond and Postma being taken up.
*He said Cormier has impressed him getting back to his game after a big injury. Said he's been playing with an edge while being sound defensively, but has unfortunately lost a lot of times they would have pulled him on the big team due to his own injuries.

Last edited by garret9: 02-20-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Chevy is at the STJ game and is being interviewed on the other teams stream.
What is he saying?

Old
02-20-2013, 07:42 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
What is he saying?
replied while I was editing it in it's up now

Old
02-20-2013, 07:47 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

HATTRICK O`DELL?!?!?! woot

EDIT:
5-1???!!!! Mace from Maxwell

Looks like that terrible puck luck disappeared for today.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 300
O'Dell with the hatty tonight!

Still can't wait until the first Jets hattrick.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Canadienjet

*increased non-pro scouting due to lots of picks this year and pro scouting for STJ, including Zinger looking in Europe a lot lately

I find that comment intresting.Wonder who they could get for next season?

Old
02-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
O'Dell with the hatty tonight!

Still can't wait until the first Jets hattrick.
MVP of our season.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:00 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Melchiori on PP??? He was barely a PP guy in Jr. More known as a stay at home guy.
Oh dear you guys do miss Postma and Redmond

Old
02-20-2013, 08:02 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Melchiori on PP??? He was barely a PP guy in Jr. More known as a stay at home guy.
Oh dear you guys do miss Postma and Redmond
If not him then who?

O'Neill can't play bith points on both units.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:04 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

No one has mentioned that Mouillierat now has 4 assists.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 300
Quote:

I'm really hoping they take a look at Reto Berra.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:05 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
If not him then who?

O'Neill can't play bith points on both units.
True but I'd put Chiarot or Sol before him on point for shot alone...
O`Neill is definitely a better PP guy and you can always put a forward up there (Maxwell has been a lot lately)

EDIT:
heck Sol beat Melchiori for the PP job last season for the Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllSystemsGo View Post
No one has mentioned that Mouillierat now has 4 assists.
I didn't for two reasons...
*I selfishly more watch the guys that are under 2way contracts
*I didn't know how to spell his name

Old
02-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Aerial

Quote:

Might explain why Zinger's been quiet around St. John's this year, if he's been out scouting especially hard. Still, would have been nice for them to communicate that to fans better.

Closed Thread