HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
Where are these rumors? I haven't seen any... He's been our best player by far... why trade him?
Why trade him? He's 33 and going to demand a big UFA extension that the Caps will never agree to and he'll walk for free. Just my prediction.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
what are you talking about

Backs turned....nuff said!

Old
02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Langway
Intangibles

CHI or ANA make the most sense for Ribeiro should he become a rental. Of course he's quite arguably been their best player so far this season. I don't know the nature of the beef to judge in full but a bit of animosity in the locker room isn't necessarily a bad thing. They'll have a hard time finding a better 2C in the short-term that's for sure.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:27 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

If not for Ribeiro how many points would Ovechkin have? Blah who cares. They play hockey together - don't care if two egos don't quite mesh off the ice.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 PM
msrulo

Ribs is a good fit in our lineup and has chemistry with Ovi, why not lock him up to a contract extension for 3-5 years. If not for ribs we would have almost no points in the standings. Suggesting to trade him is useless to this team unless you want to become a Columbus. McPhee has to try to make the playoffs every season.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:32 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Backs turned....nuff said!
Try and find a still of them celebrating together. I found that one first and figured it was hilarious and i had to post it. I never found one with them celebrating together but have seen it on the ice.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
I don't know the nature of the beef...
So there is some corroboration of this supposed beef? Would someone please provide a link?

Old
02-21-2013, 11:44 AM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Anyone with an educated opinion on Schilling? Could he help this season at left side?
Still has positioning issues. He is close but not fully ready yet.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Halpysback

Can we all at least finally agree that Semin was the glue holding this team together all along?

Old
02-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Can we all at least finally agree that Semin was the glue holding this team together all along?
BB was

Old
02-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
BB was
BB leaves we still make the playoffs and proceed to look better than we ever did in the playoffs under BB. Semin leaves and it's 1974 all over again.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:52 PM
zcaptain

Luongo Trade

Hi Everyone. I want to apoligize if this has been asked before. To the Capital's fans......What would you be willing to give for Luongo? Or for that matter Schneider? Again, I am sorry if this has already been asked. I rarely come to this site and am not used to working the system.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:56 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
It's not necessarily Semin. It's the fact that we have 1 true goal scorer on our roster. Ribeiro>Semin, but as we filled the 2C hole we created an arguably even larger hole at 2W.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
BB leaves we still make the playoffs and proceed to look better than we ever did in the playoffs under BB. Semin leaves and it's 1974 all over again.
Coin flip hockey masked all of their hockey IQ and possession-related issues.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaptain View Post
Hi Everyone. I want to apoligize if this has been asked before. To the Capital's fans......What would you be willing to give for Luongo? Or for that matter Schneider? Again, I am sorry if this has already been asked. I rarely come to this site and am not used to working the system.
Hamrlik? check our we need a goalie thread.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:33 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Semin was the glue that held this team together? Seriously? Does someone actually believe that?

Ovechkin was the plaster that covered the cracks. Now that he's not firing, it's all coming apart.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Halpysback

Usual suspects still denying the undeniable, I see. I guess a few more games of being bashed in the forehead by reality should do the trick.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:10 AM
Stewie G

Quote:
Usual suspects still denying the undeniable, I see. I guess a few more games of being bashed in the forehead by reality should do the trick.
If you do not agree with me, you are wrong.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:27 AM
txpd

caps are happy with their goaltending for the long haul. they dont want luongo. schneider is just another of holtby and neuvirth

Old
02-22-2013, 08:02 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Coin flip hockey masked all of their hockey IQ and possession-related issues.
You don't have to be smart to play "stand in front of the crease, let that 7 foot guy take a slapshot fifteen times and hope it doesn't go in" hockey.

Oates' stuff?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:09 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
It's not necessarily Semin. It's the fact that we have 1 true goal scorer on our roster. Ribeiro>Semin, but as we filled the 2C hole we created an arguably even larger hole at 2W.
Mcphee has been right so far. Brouwer has replaced and improved on Semin with a boost from Ribeiro.

Brouwer's at a 36 goal pace with Ribeiro. Semin's at a 20 goal pace with Staal.

I don't see how anyone can watch this team and say that secondary scoring is a problem. Ribeiro has single handedly fixed that. The problems are top line scoring, defense, goaltending and the pk.

Again, Brouwer has more than twice as many goals and is scoring goals at a quicker pace than Semin has in three years. For pete sake Ward has more goals and as many points as Semin. And yet Semin is the answer to our secondary scoring "problem". Even at $7 million.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:14 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Mcphee has been right so far. Brouwer has replaced and improved on Semin with a boost from Ribeiro.

I don't see how anyone can watch this team and say that secondary scoring is a problem. Ribeiro has single handedly fixed that. The problems are top line scoring, defense, goaltending and the pk.

Again, Brouwer has more than twice as many goals and is scoring goals at a quicker pace than Semin has in three years. For pete sake Ward has more goals and as many points as Semin. And yet Semin is the answer to our secondary scoring "problem". Even at $7 million.
Can we staturbate at the fact that Semin is a +11 right now? And then compare all of the plusses on our team together, who are a combined +13...

Old
02-22-2013, 08:18 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Can we staturbate at the fact that Semin is a +11 right now? And then compare all of the plusses on our team together, who are a combined +13...
I'd rather point and laugh at those who think secondary scoring is even close to our biggest problem.

If you want to take stats out of it entirely you can just say that Semin was given the opportunity to lead a second line and failed. Ribeiro has succeeded.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:21 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'd rather point and laugh at those who think secondary scoring is even close to our biggest problem.

If you want to take stats out of it entirely you can just say that Semin was given the opportunity to lead a second line and failed. Ribeiro has succeeded.
Well, to be honest, I don't even know what can be considered secondary scoring on this ****ing team.

Ovechkin is on the third line still, right? Crabby Beaglin it up? While we dominate a Backstrom and junk first line and Ribs and secondary scoring second line?

"Three Lines That Can Score"? and ****?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Halpysback

Quote:

Where did I say anything about his contributions to the scoreboard? As helpful as his defensively solid PPG play would have been, his contributions first and foremost would have been to the leadership and overall psychology of the team.

It's no coincidence that Carolina is firing on full cylinders while we're tanking like it's 19(7)(4). I mean, I'm sure it is. There's no way a quiet introverted guy could have that much of an effect on a team's psychology, right? We all know it's the canadian squeaky wheels that drive that boat

Closed Thread