HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 08:27 PM
  #401
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
A time transplant? We'll need to call a specialist
Is John Edwards available?

__________________
Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:46 PM
  #402
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
You guys realize when Brooks says he's not trying to "fan the fuels" he is trying to do EXACTLY that.

This rumor all started with Brooks speculating by using the Rangers excuse for Nash not showing up to the season ticket holder event. The Rangers using the excuse that Nash was sick after missing ONE practice is the BASIS for this rumor....nothing more. Yet, we have more evidence it isn't a concussion BASED on Nash finishing the game against Boston, playing against the Islanders, playing against the Caps, and practicing Monday AFTER the Caps game. The Rangers don't disclose day to day injuries (see Girardi) but do disclose longterm injuries (see Powe) yet we have so called fans ready to jump off the 59th street bridge because the Rangers won't disclose an injury. It makes no sense. What if Nash has an inner ear infection and can't fly? What if he has a pneumonia and can't fly? What if Nash is having platelet therapy for a groin injury tomorrow and Friday and can't fly? See that's just three reason Nash won't fly to Ottawa. Also, what evidence does Brooks have that you can't fly with a concussion? Is that some sort of circumstantial evidence that somebody has a concussion OR is that an actual restriction based on medical evidence? Didn't the Rangers fly concussed players to Montreal for YEARS to see Dr Karen Johnson. Oh no, wait she's practices medicine in Montreal and that's where Nash might fly Saturday. That must mean Nash has a concussion! Yup, that's the mentality of this board.....

If Nash is "banged" up with a groin injury and the Rangers know he isn't going to play against Ottawa it would make more sense for him not to travel and get treatment in New York. Jim Ramsey isn't the only member of the Rangers medical staff.

I swear some fans are such masochists they are hoping that this is a concussion. They want to be miserable. They want to see a conspiracy in everything. Who knows what the truth is but to ASS-U-ME it's a concussion is stupid. Brooks is playing you guys and in this day with twitter and news traveling so fast from message boards etc nobody will hold Brooks accountable if this rumor HE started isn't true. I hope some fans remember this if Nash plays Saturday night.


Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 02-20-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:55 PM
  #403
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
boyle begs to differ
Brian Boyle is the greatest 4rth line left winger masquerading as a 4rth line center with the most 2nd and 3rd line minutes and even 1st once upon a time! In the entire history of the New York Rangers!

MidnightRanger is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:56 PM
  #404
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You guys realize when Brooks says he's not trying to "fan the fuels" he is trying to do EXACTLY that.

This rumor all started with Brooks speculating by using the Rangers excuse for Nash not showing up to the season ticket holder event. The Rangers using the excuse that Nash was sick after missing ONE practice is the BASIS for this rumor....nothing more. Yet, we have more evidence it isn't a concussion BASED on Nash finishing the game against Boston, playing against the Islanders, playing against the Caps, and practicing Monday AFTER the Caps game. The Rangers don't disclose day to day injuries (see Girardi) but do disclose longterm injuries (see Powe) yet we have so called fans ready to jump off the 59th street bridge because the Rangers won't disclose an injury. It makes no sense. What if Nash has an inner ear infection and can't fly? What if he has a pneumonia and can't fly? What if Nash is having platelet therapy for a groin injury tomorrow and Friday and can't fly? See that's just three reason Nash won't fly to Ottawa. Also, what evidence does Brooks have that you can't fly with a concussion? Is that some sort of circumstantial evidence that somebody has a concussion OR is that an actual restriction based on medical evidence? Didn't the Rangers fly concussed players to Montreal for YEARS to see Dr Karen Johnson. Oh no, wait she's practices medicine in Montreal and that's where Nash might fly Saturday. That must mean Nash has a concussion! Yup, that's the mentality of this board.....

If Nash is "banged" up with a groin injury and the Rangers know he isn't going to play against Ottawa it would make more sense for him not to travel and get treatment in New York. Jim Ramsey isn't the only member of the Rangers medical staff.

I swear some fans are such masochists they are hoping that this is a concussion. They want to be miserable. They want to see a conspiracy in everything. Who knows what the truth is but to ASS-U-ME it's a concussion is stupid. Brooks is playing you guys and in this day with twitter and news traveling so fast from message boards etc nobody will hold Brooks accountable if this rumor HE started isn't true. I hope some fans remember this if Nash plays Saturday night.
This is the best post I ever read on this board.

MidnightRanger is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:57 PM
  #405
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You guys realize when Brooks says he's not trying to "fan the fuels" he is trying to do EXACTLY that.

This rumor all started with Brooks speculating by using the Rangers excuse for Nash not showing up to the season ticket holder event. The Rangers using the excuse that Nash was sick after missing ONE practice is the BASIS for this rumor....nothing more. Yet, we have more evidence it isn't a concussion BASED on Nash finishing the game against Boston, playing against the Islanders, playing against the Caps, and practicing Monday AFTER the Caps game. The Rangers don't disclose day to day injuries (see Girardi) but do disclose longterm injuries (see Powe) yet we have so called fans ready to jump off the 59th street bridge because the Rangers won't disclose an injury. It makes no sense. What if Nash has an inner ear infection and can't fly? What if he has a pneumonia and can't fly? What if Nash is having platelet therapy for a groin injury tomorrow and Friday and can't fly? See that's just three reason Nash won't fly to Ottawa. Also, what evidence does Brooks have that you can't fly with a concussion? Is that some sort of circumstantial evidence that somebody has a concussion OR is that an actual restriction based on medical evidence? Didn't the Rangers fly concussed players to Montreal for YEARS to see Dr Karen Johnson. Oh no, wait she's practices medicine in Montreal and that's where Nash might fly Saturday. That must mean Nash has a concussion! Yup, that's the mentality of this board.....

If Nash is "banged" up with a groin injury and the Rangers know he isn't going to play against Ottawa it would make more sense for him not to travel and get treatment in New York. Jim Ramsey isn't the only member of the Rangers medical staff.

I swear some fans are such masochists they are hoping that this is a concussion. They want to be miserable. They want to see a conspiracy in everything. Who knows what the truth is but to ASS-U-ME it's a concussion is stupid. Brooks is playing you guys and in this day with twitter and news traveling so fast from message boards etc nobody will hold Brooks accountable if this rumor HE started isn't true. I hope some fans remember this if Nash plays Saturday night.
Winner.

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:14 PM
  #406
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You guys realize when Brooks says he's not trying to "fan the fuels" he is trying to do EXACTLY that.

This rumor all started with Brooks speculating by using the Rangers excuse for Nash not showing up to the season ticket holder event. The Rangers using the excuse that Nash was sick after missing ONE practice is the BASIS for this rumor....nothing more. Yet, we have more evidence it isn't a concussion BASED on Nash finishing the game against Boston, playing against the Islanders, playing against the Caps, and practicing Monday AFTER the Caps game. The Rangers don't disclose day to day injuries (see Girardi) but do disclose longterm injuries (see Powe) yet we have so called fans ready to jump off the 59th street bridge because the Rangers won't disclose an injury. It makes no sense. What if Nash has an inner ear infection and can't fly? What if he has a pneumonia and can't fly? What if Nash is having platelet therapy for a groin injury tomorrow and Friday and can't fly? See that's just three reason Nash won't fly to Ottawa. Also, what evidence does Brooks have that you can't fly with a concussion? Is that some sort of circumstantial evidence that somebody has a concussion OR is that an actual restriction based on medical evidence? Didn't the Rangers fly concussed players to Montreal for YEARS to see Dr Karen Johnson. Oh no, wait she's practices medicine in Montreal and that's where Nash might fly Saturday. That must mean Nash has a concussion! Yup, that's the mentality of this board.....

If Nash is "banged" up with a groin injury and the Rangers know he isn't going to play against Ottawa it would make more sense for him not to travel and get treatment in New York. Jim Ramsey isn't the only member of the Rangers medical staff.

I swear some fans are such masochists they are hoping that this is a concussion. They want to be miserable. They want to see a conspiracy in everything. Who knows what the truth is but to ASS-U-ME it's a concussion is stupid. Brooks is playing you guys and in this day with twitter and news traveling so fast from message boards etc nobody will hold Brooks accountable if this rumor HE started isn't true. I hope some fans remember this if Nash plays Saturday night.
Thanks SOS. All I have to do is read this to know what I need to know about the state of the Rangersphere.

Pizza is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
  #407
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You guys realize when Brooks says he's not trying to "fan the fuels" he is trying to do EXACTLY that.

This rumor all started with Brooks speculating by using the Rangers excuse for Nash not showing up to the season ticket holder event. The Rangers using the excuse that Nash was sick after missing ONE practice is the BASIS for this rumor....nothing more. Yet, we have more evidence it isn't a concussion BASED on Nash finishing the game against Boston, playing against the Islanders, playing against the Caps, and practicing Monday AFTER the Caps game. The Rangers don't disclose day to day injuries (see Girardi) but do disclose longterm injuries (see Powe) yet we have so called fans ready to jump off the 59th street bridge because the Rangers won't disclose an injury. It makes no sense. What if Nash has an inner ear infection and can't fly? What if he has a pneumonia and can't fly? What if Nash is having platelet therapy for a groin injury tomorrow and Friday and can't fly? See that's just three reason Nash won't fly to Ottawa. Also, what evidence does Brooks have that you can't fly with a concussion? Is that some sort of circumstantial evidence that somebody has a concussion OR is that an actual restriction based on medical evidence? Didn't the Rangers fly concussed players to Montreal for YEARS to see Dr Karen Johnson. Oh no, wait she's practices medicine in Montreal and that's where Nash might fly Saturday. That must mean Nash has a concussion! Yup, that's the mentality of this board.....

If Nash is "banged" up with a groin injury and the Rangers know he isn't going to play against Ottawa it would make more sense for him not to travel and get treatment in New York. Jim Ramsey isn't the only member of the Rangers medical staff.

I swear some fans are such masochists they are hoping that this is a concussion. They want to be miserable. They want to see a conspiracy in everything. Who knows what the truth is but to ASS-U-ME it's a concussion is stupid. Brooks is playing you guys and in this day with twitter and news traveling so fast from message boards etc nobody will hold Brooks accountable if this rumor HE started isn't true. I hope some fans remember this if Nash plays Saturday night.
You. You can take your logic and reasoning and get out!

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:35 PM
  #408
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 9,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You guys realize when Brooks says he's not trying to "fan the fuels" he is trying to do EXACTLY that.

This rumor all started with Brooks speculating by using the Rangers excuse for Nash not showing up to the season ticket holder event. The Rangers using the excuse that Nash was sick after missing ONE practice is the BASIS for this rumor....nothing more. Yet, we have more evidence it isn't a concussion BASED on Nash finishing the game against Boston, playing against the Islanders, playing against the Caps, and practicing Monday AFTER the Caps game. The Rangers don't disclose day to day injuries (see Girardi) but do disclose longterm injuries (see Powe) yet we have so called fans ready to jump off the 59th street bridge because the Rangers won't disclose an injury. It makes no sense. What if Nash has an inner ear infection and can't fly? What if he has a pneumonia and can't fly? What if Nash is having platelet therapy for a groin injury tomorrow and Friday and can't fly? See that's just three reason Nash won't fly to Ottawa. Also, what evidence does Brooks have that you can't fly with a concussion? Is that some sort of circumstantial evidence that somebody has a concussion OR is that an actual restriction based on medical evidence? Didn't the Rangers fly concussed players to Montreal for YEARS to see Dr Karen Johnson. Oh no, wait she's practices medicine in Montreal and that's where Nash might fly Saturday. That must mean Nash has a concussion! Yup, that's the mentality of this board.....

If Nash is "banged" up with a groin injury and the Rangers know he isn't going to play against Ottawa it would make more sense for him not to travel and get treatment in New York. Jim Ramsey isn't the only member of the Rangers medical staff.

I swear some fans are such masochists they are hoping that this is a concussion. They want to be miserable. They want to see a conspiracy in everything. Who knows what the truth is but to ASS-U-ME it's a concussion is stupid. Brooks is playing you guys and in this day with twitter and news traveling so fast from message boards etc nobody will hold Brooks accountable if this rumor HE started isn't true. I hope some fans remember this if Nash plays Saturday night.
Did you see the hit Lucic put on Nash?

This isn't baseless speculation, Brooks whole article was based on that type of hit, and how it could be a reason.

Not all serious concussion symptoms magically appear right away. It's also the type of injury that a player himself has to disclose. Many don't because they are so competitive that they don't want to lose any time and want to help the team (macho mentality).

He could have felt 'sick' a few days after when the PCS settled in, and now he's starting to deal with it.

Point is, I hope its a groin tweak, and not something more serious/sensitive like a concussion. However, the concussion rumor was not baseless, because the hit Lucic delivered to Nash was more than worthy of causing a concussion, especially when there is 220lb smashing your head directly into the glass.

Let's hope for the best and see if he's back and ready for Saturday night.

nevesis is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:35 PM
  #409
Soderberg
Registered User
 
Soderberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Just wanted to say I hope Nash is okay and that it's not a concussion. Obviously I'm biased and thought it was a clean hard hit, hoping that Larry's article is just a baseless rumor. Also for ppl who think you need an enforcer to protect your star players, the bruins had Chara looch and Thornton for Savard/Cooke and Bergeron/jones. Enforcers and tough guys do not prevent that sadly.

Soderberg is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
  #410
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Did you see the hit Lucic put on Nash?
Yes

Quote:
This isn't baseless speculation, Brooks whole article was based on that type of hit, and how it could be a reason.
So it's Brooks job to speculate. It's Brooks job to "fan the flames". Brooks article isn't fact. It's speculation about somebody's career, about somebody's health.

Quote:
Not all serious concussion symptoms magically appear right away.
Neither do groin injuries. By your logic every Ranger could have a concussion right now. Also, not all Lucic like hits cause concussions. Would you say that most "serious" concussion symptoms do appear right away? What makes this Nash case different from the Girardi case (both undisclosed injuries by the Rangers) is the Rangers clearly lying that Nash was sick for the season ticket holder even. That lie must mean EVERYTHING is a lie because that's today's media. Look, I could be wrong Nash might be out for the year with a concussion but we have no evidence that's the case. We have more evidence that it isn't the case....right? I know you say the Lucic hit but did you see the Islanders and Capitals games? Did you hear that Nash practiced on Monday? Did Nash seem "foggy" during the post game media scrums after both those games? Has he met with the media since the Boston game? It's not like the Rangers have hidden Nash since the Boston game...right?

Quote:
It's also the type of injury that a player himself has to disclose. Many don't because they are so competitive that they don't want to lose any time and want to help the team (macho mentality).
What type of injury doesn't a player HAVE to disclose? How many players don't disclose concussions? Maybe 20 years ago but I don't think MANY players don't disclose concussions today. What macho mentality are you talking about? Again maybe 20 years ago but today this macho mentality has been replaced with guys who have spent their entire hockey career, going back to bantam hearing about concussions. The Rangers medical personal are also TRAINED to recognize symptoms of a concussion even when a player doesn't recognize them. These doctors and of course trainers are around these players everyday. It's not like Nash needs to make an appointment.
Quote:
He could have felt 'sick' a few days after when the PCS settled in, and now he's starting to deal with it.
THIS here is baseless speculation. This is sports world version of Pareidolia.
Quote:
Point is, I hope its a groin tweak, and not something more serious/sensitive like a concussion. However, the concussion rumor was not baseless, because the hit Lucic delivered to Nash was more than worthy of causing a concussion, especially when there is 220lb smashing your head directly into the glass.


The rumor should've ended when Nash played Sunday and practiced Monday. I'll give you baseless speculation. Brooks is pissed that the Rangers aren't disclosing injuries so he uses speculative reasoning to create a rumor that Nash has a concussion. Brooks knows that some Rangers fans will believe ANYTHING, he's made a career out of that FACT.

Quote:
Let's hope for the best and see if he's back and ready for Saturday night.
Amen.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:56 PM
  #411
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
I don't read any of Brooks' stuff and I thought it's sketchy that a player's been banged up for a few days without the team addressing it. I immediately pointed to the concussion and what happened with Staal. 'Everything is fine'.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:18 PM
  #412
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 9,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
THIS here is baseless speculation. This is sports world version of Pareidolia.
Just wanted to respond to this one point because it isn't baseless speculation, its fact. Notice I used the word 'could have', because this is what can happen a few days after suffering a concussion.

"The abbreviation PCS may also be used to mean post-concussion symptoms. Symptoms can appear immediately, or weeks to months after the initial injury. Their severity lessens progressively over time. The nature of the symptoms tends to change over time: they are most commonly of a physical nature following the injury, but tend to become predominantly psychological later. Signs and symptoms such as noise sensitivity, problems with concentration and memory, irritability, depression, anxiety, fatigue, and poor judgment may be called 'late symptoms' because they generally do not occur immediately after the injury, but rather days or weeks after. Nausea and drowsiness commonly occur two to four weeks after concussion and can be long lasting. Also, headache and dizziness occur immediately after the injury and can be long lasting." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Again, I am have no idea what the injury is, but the hit that Nash took from Lucic could have easily resulted in a concussion, hence the reason why Brooks brought the concussion word into the conversation. If that hit never happened, I am sure the only thing we would be discussing is the injuries he sustained while playing in Switzerland during the lockout (groin)

nevesis is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:45 PM
  #413
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,751
vCash: 500
Whatever it is, I hope he's back soon. This guy is a beast and is a pleasure to watch. In terms of pure talent, I knew he had a lot of it, but I didn't think it was this much. This guy is a one-man wrecking crew and we NEED him back at full-strength.

I just hope that moment is soon.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
  #414
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 12,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
another great example of the leagues' officials not doing their job in calling dangerous hits that target the head, such as Lucic on Nash. This is just another reason why this sport will always remain the bush-league sport that it is. Total BS. nothing changes.
Nothing dangerous, dirty, high, or bush league about the hit. This is big boy hockey.


VeddarRants is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
  #415
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,323
vCash: 500
Yeah, that doesn't look dirty to me.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:09 AM
  #416
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Havent been on this board long and I already wanna quit for good. Some of this fanbase amazes the **** outta me.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:11 AM
  #417
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,733
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Havent been on this board long and I already wanna quit for good. Some of this fanbase amazes the **** outta me.
Two years as of last Saturday. You ain't seen nothing yet.

But please stay. You're contractually obligated as of right now.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:15 AM
  #418
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Havent been on this board long and I already wanna quit for good. Some of this fanbase amazes the **** outta me.
You haven't seen anything yet.

But it'll get better when the team plays better. We are the most bipolar place on the internet.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:19 AM
  #419
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
You haven't seen anything yet.

But it'll get better when the team plays better. We are the most bipolar place on the internet.

Yeah, Ive already noticed that when we play well and win a game, this place is ready to act like we're a game from winning the Cup, and then when we lose, boobirds come out, trade speculation starts, blow it up, etc.

I think its just two separate factions of fans that come out relative to each result. One side just takes the night off and waits til we lose, and vice versa.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
  #420
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Nothing dangerous, dirty, high, or bush league about the hit. This is big boy hockey.

Yeah, it's not a very dirty hit at all. He does finish with his forearm driving Nash's head into the glass, though. Still, I don't see it as a dirty hit, possibly a roughing penalty if at all.

However, I can see a few was Nash could've been injured:

1. Lucic's forearm driving his head into the glass = concussion
2. Lucic seems to drive his knee/thigh in between Nash's legs as he hits him = tweaked groin
3. It's just a very hard hit from a very big man= concussion, tweaked shoulder.


I'm hoping it's Nash just aggravating one of his two previous nagging injuries to the shoulder or groin.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:55 AM
  #421
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,498
vCash: 500
Wow, NHL Tonight saying that it's reported as a concussion.

Where? Larry Brooks' speculation = evidence? Yeah. Okay.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:14 AM
  #422
The Sweetness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You guys realize when Brooks says he's not trying to "fan the fuels" he is trying to do EXACTLY that.

This rumor all started with Brooks speculating by using the Rangers excuse for Nash not showing up to the season ticket holder event. The Rangers using the excuse that Nash was sick after missing ONE practice is the BASIS for this rumor....nothing more. Yet, we have more evidence it isn't a concussion BASED on Nash finishing the game against Boston, playing against the Islanders, playing against the Caps, and practicing Monday AFTER the Caps game. The Rangers don't disclose day to day injuries (see Girardi) but do disclose longterm injuries (see Powe) yet we have so called fans ready to jump off the 59th street bridge because the Rangers won't disclose an injury. It makes no sense. What if Nash has an inner ear infection and can't fly? What if he has a pneumonia and can't fly? What if Nash is having platelet therapy for a groin injury tomorrow and Friday and can't fly? See that's just three reason Nash won't fly to Ottawa. Also, what evidence does Brooks have that you can't fly with a concussion? Is that some sort of circumstantial evidence that somebody has a concussion OR is that an actual restriction based on medical evidence? Didn't the Rangers fly concussed players to Montreal for YEARS to see Dr Karen Johnson. Oh no, wait she's practices medicine in Montreal and that's where Nash might fly Saturday. That must mean Nash has a concussion! Yup, that's the mentality of this board.....

If Nash is "banged" up with a groin injury and the Rangers know he isn't going to play against Ottawa it would make more sense for him not to travel and get treatment in New York. Jim Ramsey isn't the only member of the Rangers medical staff.

I swear some fans are such masochists they are hoping that this is a concussion. They want to be miserable. They want to see a conspiracy in everything. Who knows what the truth is but to ASS-U-ME it's a concussion is stupid. Brooks is playing you guys and in this day with twitter and news traveling so fast from message boards etc nobody will hold Brooks accountable if this rumor HE started isn't true. I hope some fans remember this if Nash plays Saturday night.
Excellent post.

The Sweetness is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:59 AM
  #423
doakacola*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Kreider and Miller aren't even half of the players Dubi/Anisimov/Fedotenko/Prust are at this moment. They aren't NHL players right now, while the players listed are integral parts of the 2nd/3rd line for NHL teams. Miller and Kreider are integral parts of our AHL team's roster, even then, they're on a winning streak without them. Prospects are so overrated on here. Speaking of Miller and Kreider, both would have zero pressure cracking the lineup if we had all this depth here, even if Nash is out.
If you are so down on Kreider the team I root for (Boston) will gladly take him and slot him in
as their 3rd line LW for the entire 2012 - 13 season to go along with the next 5 years as a #3 left wing.

If you don't think Kreiders ankle condition is materially degrading his game then you are not being reasonable.

Ill trade you one of Spooner / Koko, Knight and our #1 in 2013 for Kreider.

doakacola* is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:04 AM
  #424
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
I hate Lucic, but I don't know how you don't make that hit if you get the opportunity. Well this sucks.

__________________
WIN NOW

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 02-21-2013 at 08:05 AM. Reason: bold
Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:15 AM
  #425
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Nothing dangerous, dirty, high, or bush league about the hit. This is big boy hockey.

big boy my @ss. I'm sure guys like you thought differently when Savard and Bergeron got tagged. Lucic is going to get his bell rung one day and its going to be good

NikC is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.