HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rolston / Future Head Coach Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 09:14 PM
misterchainsaw
Garbo is coming

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to misterchainsaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
he really doesn't know what "permanent" means either
I particularly liked "permanent until the end of the year".

I think it's pretty obvious the Sabres have interest in a couple of guys who are currently coaching for other organizations - or at the very least want to make sure their pool of candidates is as large as possible. Hence, the head coaching search will begin in the summer, when these guys are available to interview and evaluate.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Daz28

vCash: 450
ok, let's try to simplify, and use a different word, which means the same thing as interim.

stopgap

I don't want a stopgap coach for the rest(2/3) of this season. LR had been here 15 years, so why did he have to go on the drop of a dime with no plan in place to replace him other than a stopgap. A stopgap is simply less time in which to evaluate a coach.

I guess I'm waiting for someone to step up and tell me how good Rolston is gonna be.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:17 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 50
Because Jacques Lemaire or anyone else who isn't part of the organization would sign knowing that in a few months time they have to fight for the job again.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post

I think it's pretty obvious the Sabres have interest in a couple of guys who are currently coaching for other organizations - or at the very least want to make sure their pool of candidates is as large as possible. Hence, the head coaching search will begin in the summer, when these guys are available to interview and evaluate.
yea, almost everyone gets it. not sure why you've devoted so much effort to the argument

Old
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post

So don't even bother looking at anyone now, because why? The only thing I can come up with is there's no one they like, or they did this in such a dramatic fashion, they have no other options. What if this guy they're "waiting" on doesn't want the job, and they have to go with a guy that was available on say Feb 21st? That'll look smart.

Old
PlamsUnlimited
Get in the Boat Pls

vCash: 476
Let's see what he can do here. Isn't Ron Rolston more of a player's coach and was forced to be more like Lindy?

Old
Shoey
Hello.

Who cares how good Rolston is or isn't?

They're like every other team now, they're not going to keep a coach for 16 years. If it doesn't work they'll get somebody different.

Old
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
ok, let's try to simplify, and use a different word, which means the same thing as interim.

stopgap

I don't want a stopgap coach for the rest(2/3) of this season. LR had been here 15 years, so why did he have to go on the drop of a dime with no plan in place to replace him other than a stopgap. A stopgap is simply less time in which to evaluate a coach.

I guess I'm waiting for someone to step up and tell me how good Rolston is gonna be.
Because the other non-stopgap coaches aren't available to hire at this point in time. I think you're more upset that Lindy didn't get to finish the season than you are having a new coach.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
So don't even bother looking at anyone now, because why? The only thing I can come up with is there's no one they like, or they did this in such a dramatic fashion, they have no other options. What if this guy they're "waiting" on doesn't want the job, and they have to go with a guy that was available on say Feb 21st? That'll look smart.
Because there isn't anyone available at right now. Today, tomorrow, or the next month. Not until the off season.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Because Jacques Lemaire or anyone else who isn't part of the organization would sign knowing that in a few months time they have to fight for the job again.
Is Boudrea or Carlyle at all like Lemaire, or do they feel like jobs should be handed to them on merit alone as well? I don't want a coach who feels like he doesn't have to prove anything. We just fired one.

hey everybody, happy time, we just lost a Jack Adams coach for a guy with 1 yr pro exp. Party time. wooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I'm sure this season will be so much more fun now. Good news is we'll get a new coach next year who feels entitled to our team.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:

stopgap

Still not following. You think the "stopgap" coach gives them LESS time to evaluate a coach? What?

Old
02-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Because the other non-stopgap coaches aren't available to hire at this point in time. I think you're more upset that Lindy didn't get to finish the season than you are having a new coach.
He may as well finished the year out. This will do nothing to improve the club, and will get us nowhere towards evaluating a new coach.

No one is a pretty big word. I guess DR's timing is just pretty bad.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
captaincrunch89

I'm pretty sure this guy is just trolling, bizarre either way though. This is the first time I've seen definitions of words argued over on this board.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Still not following. You think the "stopgap" coach gives them LESS time to evaluate a coach? What?
The Ducks hired Boudrea mid-season, during that time they EVALUATED him. They liked what they saw, re-upped him, and now by this year, there at the top. If they had of used a stopgap coach for the remainder of last season, they would not be as far along as they are now.

Ditto for Randy Carlyle.

Now here's where we beat the dead horse with the notion that no one is available. Strange how there's only 29 coaches. What is this musical chairs, the music stopped, and the Sabres are the only ones w/o a chair???

Old
02-20-2013, 09:29 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
He may as well finished the year out. This will do nothing to improve the club, and will get us nowhere towards evaluating a new coach.

No one is a pretty big word. I guess DR's timing is just pretty bad.
Who said this is to improve the team? It was about getting lindy out, not improving the team right now.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
I'm pretty sure this guy is just trolling, bizarre either way though. This is the first time I've seen definitions of words argued over on this board.
it's an entertaining trollathon at least.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Who said this is to improve the team? It was about getting lindy out, not improving the team right now.
I think it is about getting the team better. I just don't like the poor strategy executed, when the Laffs and Ducks executed a much better strategy. when they changed coaches.

Old
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
The Ducks hired Boudrea mid-season, during that time they EVALUATED him. They liked what they saw, re-upped him, and now by this year, there at the top. If they had of used a stopgap coach for the remainder of last season, they would not be as far along as they are now.

Ditto for Randy Carlyle.

Now here's where we beat the dead horse with the notion that no one is available. Strange how there's only 29 coaches. What is this musical chairs, the music stopped, and the Sabres are the only ones w/o a chair???
They hired Bordeau because he was JUST FIRED and thus was available. He was highly sought after. Name a highly sought after guy who is available right now?

Old
captaincrunch89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
it's an entertaining trollathon at least.
My favorite will always be that dude who posted all the bizarre pictures of pro wrestlers after his arguments. That was the best.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
they hired bordeau because he was just fired and thus was available. He was highly sought after. Name a highly sought after guy who is available right now?
jacques lemaire!!!

Duh!

Old
02-20-2013, 09:33 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

The more important question is what will Jame change his avatar to?

Old
02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
captaincrunch89

Quote:
They hired Bordeau because he was JUST FIRED and thus was available. He was highly sought after. Name a highly sought after guy who is available right now?
This is correct, I have zero interest in Jacques Lemaire thanks. They'll go through the process after the year, it was always going to be like this if they fired him mid season. There have been very few times where guys like Boudreau and Carlyle came available at the same time.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:35 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
This is correct, I have zero interest in Jacques Lemaire thanks. They'll go through the process after the year, it was always going to be like this if they fired him mid season. There have been very few times where guys like Boudreau and Carlyle came available at the same time.
You forgot BYLSMA!

Old
Daz28

Quote:
How about I just say that our timing was bad, and not just that we're unlucky no one is available. Maybe we should have waited until someone did become available(or we chatted up a Lemaire first), because we certainly didn't upgrade.

Old
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Your not even half as cute as ya think you are. I already reported one post, and you're lookin for 2 apparently.

Closed Thread