HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 07:46 PM
JacketsFanWest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Hey Jackets fans...Rangers fan in peace with a quick question.

Out of the three ex Ranger forwards which one do you guys think has the most value to your team?
Vinny, Dubi or Arty?

Rangers board fought all the time on who had more worth, better player, more upside etc. Would love to hear other voices in a different setting on how they fit in.
Vinny may have the most value since he's been a mentor to the younger players. Dorsett credited his help for his offensive increase last season (12 goals, which equaled the number of goals he scored in the previous 3 seasons). Hopefully Vinny can be a good influence on the young forwards, including Anisimov and especially Johansen and Atkinson.

Vinny called out the coaching staff on not practicing at full game speed and seems to be one of the strong voices for change in the organization.

Getting players to live up to their potential is the biggest struggle the Jackets have. There's been efforts to bring in various veterans to change things, and Vinny is the first one that has actually worked out.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Its Dubinsky but Anisimov isn't far behind at all. Vinny distant 3rd.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Its Dubinsky but Anisimov isn't far behind at all. Vinny distant 3rd.
I pick Arty first.... he reminds me of Vanek.... Teams must have guys with the skill to score..

Few talk about the Penguinís, why? Because we all know they have Crosby and Malkin....

Not saying teams need super stars to win but teams do need to have guys who know how to get the puck up and under the bar...

NHL hockey is not air hockey.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Arty is the closest thing we have to a sniper.
Duby comes in a close second - real character guy who is willing to do the little things to win.
Erixon is third.

Of course, we always hope the #1 pick ends up at the top of this list.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:24 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Arty is the closest thing we have to a sniper.
Duby comes in a close second - real character guy who is willing to do the little things to win.
Erixon is third.

Of course, we always hope the #1 pick ends up at the top of this list.
Nobody ever shoots though! Every two on one I've seen they sit and wait and wait and wait telegraphing the pass and then proceed to pass it and come with nothing instead of just coming in recognizing the dman is playing the pass, make a move and go to the net or just shoot it! I've seen a few players wait a second or two too long and it's difference of a goal or pad save.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:16 PM
USNBluejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Nobody ever shoots though! Every two on one I've seen they sit and wait and wait and wait telegraphing the pass and then proceed to pass it and come with nothing instead of just coming in recognizing the dman is playing the pass, make a move and go to the net or just shoot it! I've seen a few players wait a second or two too long and it's difference of a goal or pad save.
This. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a promising rush devolve into this. It's almost as though I can actually watch them thinking. If I can do this, then it's pretty obvious that the opposing goalie can too. Drives me nuts.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:08 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNBluejack View Post
This. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a promising rush devolve into this. It's almost as though I can actually watch them thinking. If I can do this, then it's pretty obvious that the opposing goalie can too. Drives me nuts.
Hahah same, I have a uncanny ability to read plays before they happen (I play goalie so it's my job) and I know what's supposed to happen and it drives me crazy knowing they don't make the right play over half the time. Not saying I could do any better but knowing your players are missing scoring opportunities is enough to make you go mad. And also shooting into the goalies chest or attempting to snip corners instead of throwing it into the goalies pads drives me insane as well.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
It seems like they have two options:
1. Telegraph a blatantly obvious pass
or
2. Shoot it right into the goaltender's breadbasket.

I always applaud a good look shot on goal even if it hits the goalie right in the logo. That said, I'd like to see someone pick a spot for once.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:52 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
It seems like they have two options:
1. Telegraph a blatantly obvious pass
or
2. Shoot it right into the goaltender's breadbasket.

I always applaud a good look shot on goal even if it hits the goalie right in the logo. That said, I'd like to see someone pick a spot for once.
Seems to me you've identified a third option. Shoot it someplace other than at the logo. High, low corner. Hell, Eddie Olczyk even suggested the other night for LA to intentionally miss and look for a crazy rebound. Not tailor made for a 2 on 1 but you never know.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Xoggz22

I'm becoming a big fan of Anisimov. He's done well at both ends and shows he's got more skill than I think was advertised (or seen) by many Ranger fans. Dubi is a heart and soul guy that can lead which is valuable but I'd like to see more out of his game on the ice. Arty isn't consistent yet but he's shown, in my opinion, that he can play against any line and can contribute offensively. I see him as a #2C type guy but would really be a ++ 3rd line C down the road. I like Vinny too but I just don't see him as the total package these days.

Great question and certainly all three have value. I think it becomes more a function of skill, heart, team as someone else pointed out. We need them all, that's for sure

Old
02-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
To date, we are 4-2-1 against the teams that would make the playoffs if the season ended today, and 0-5-1 against teams 9-14. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:55 PM
davidbklyn

silly, but someone posted the CBJ video in a different thread and I found it again on Puck Daddy's Harlem Shake do's and don'ts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...tml#more-50944

Boomer FTW!

Old
02-20-2013, 03:19 AM
major major

Jack Johnson had this to say about the Jackets in a CBC interview:

The core of this team is very good. Itís the closest group of guys Iíve played with [at any level]. If you see one of us, youíre going to see half the team.

Itís a fantastic team. Very rarely can you get a group of twenty, twenty-five guys and everyone gets along. You could pair any two guys to go for dinner and they would have a great time. The closeness is the biggest attribute of this team. The guys really care about each other and want to do well for each other.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

much better lines...

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd
Initial #CBJ lines/pairs: 11-42-71; 18-16-13; 22-10-15; 9-24-40 / 51-6; 7-33; 20-21.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
much better lines...

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd
Initial #CBJ lines/pairs: 11-42-71; 18-16-13; 22-10-15; 9-24-40 / 51-6; 7-33; 20-21.
Aucoin has no business being here, Moore and Erixon need to play.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
slightlystewpid420

Does anyone know when the trade deadline is? I know the lottery selection is April 29th

Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Does anyone know when the trade deadline is? I know the lottery selection is April 29th
April 3rd

Old
02-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Aucoin has no business being here, Moore and Erixon need to play.
Yes, because rushing guys into the lineup and not having any experience around them has helped this team succeed so well in its history.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:39 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I've got a Prospal Jersey for my birthday. Pretty much guarantees he'll leave. Every time...

02-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Yes, because rushing guys into the lineup and not having any experience around them has helped this team succeed so well in its history.
It's not like most of these guys haven't looked like they belong. Nowhere did I say they should be rushed just I do not think one of Moore and Erixon should be sitting. Either play them or send them down.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:09 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
It's not like most of these guys haven't looked like they belong. Nowhere did I say they should be rushed just I do not think one of Moore and Erixon should be sitting. Either play them or send them down.
One of them is in, tonight, and one is out. Perhaps they'll be switched, next game. Isn't that what most of us thought might be done to develope the young defensemen over the course of the season - split time on the third pairing alongside a vet?

Old
02-21-2013, 10:01 AM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
One of them is in, tonight, and one is out. Perhaps they'll be switched, next game. Isn't that what most of us thought might be done to develope the young defensemen over the course of the season - split time on the third pairing alongside a vet?
Yeah, the problem lies in the fact that we thought the vet would be outplaying the kids. Right now Moore and Erixon (and Golo) are all outplaying Aucoin. Aucoin can mentor in practice and in games as a healthy scratch.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Congratulations to Jay-Bo for your record breaking career!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0004--nhl.html

Remember when he was a sure thing Blue Jacket to be?

Old
02-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

What a great article.

Old
02-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Can someone help me understand the difference between J-Bo and Olli's "accomplishments"? I'm sure once someone explains it, I'll kick myself for being so dim (I also haven't had coffee yet this morning), but I don't get it.

Closed Thread