HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm - Phx

Old
02-20-2013, 09:59 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
I value OEL and Hanzal highly. Would love both of them in Oiler silks.

But the Oilers get taken to the woodshed in this one.

I wouldn't mind Torres for a second round though. Can't be any worse than Eager.
I do not want the dirty **** near the Oilers . Yes we need to get some grit and toughness . But we do not need a dirty cheap shot artist on our team . Rather get someone that hits like a truck ,but is clean about it . Take the 6.7 center from the rangers , Boyle

McSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:13 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Switch Gagner with MPS and take Torres out of the deal and I'd have a really hard time deciding if I could accept that one.

Switch Gagner with Hanzal and we again are still lacking depth at center.

Hanzal would be an ideal predecessor to for the checking line center after Horcoff gets bought out, but there's no way you're going to convince me that he's going to help Hemsky or Yakupov's numbers much.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:47 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle
Part time Leaf fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

Your either putting way to much value on OEL, or you dont value Eberle enough...sorry but Edmonton gets robbed on this one... How about Ebele,Potter,Gagner for OEL,Gormely, and a first.
Watch OEL for a game, just OEL, and you will realize just how good this guy is. From your comment, I can assume you either don't know a defenseman with future norris written all over him, or you simply like flashy forwards above all else.

He is the best player in this trade, thus, the Coyotes would likely say no.

Just to add, I am a huge fan of Eberle. He is a seriously sick player.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:51 PM
XX
One More

OEL is on a 50 point pace and living up to his billing. Given roughly equal value, the edge always goes to the D. I would never, ever swap Eberle for OEL straight up. So the proposal dies before you even consider Gagner is historically a 45 pt center, and Hanzal can match that while providing excellent defense.

That's before we get to the contracts. Eberle is going to make 6 million, and Gagner will probably want a healthy raise.

Pass, all the way around.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Switch Gagner with MPS and take Torres out of the deal and I'd have a really hard time deciding if I could accept that one.

Switch Gagner with Hanzal and we again are still lacking depth at center.

Hanzal would be an ideal predecessor to for the checking line center after Horcoff gets bought out, but there's no way you're going to convince me that he's going to help Hemsky or Yakupov's numbers much.
The value in the OP at least seems like effort was put into it, but switching Gagner with MPS is awful for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
OEL is on a 50 point pace and living up to his billing. Given roughly equal value, the edge always goes to the D. I would never, ever swap Eberle for OEL straight up. So the proposal dies before you even consider Gagner is historically a 45 pt center, and Hanzal can match that while providing excellent defense.

That's before we get to the contracts. Eberle is going to make 6 million, and Gagner will probably want a healthy raise.

Pass, all the way around.
Let's wait until Hanzal has actually matched 45 points to say that, especially if you're going to knock Gagner for historically being a 45 point center.

Both Gagner and Hanzal appear to having breakout years, but both of them could drop off at any point and go back to what they usually produce.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:48 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

This deal actually has really fair value. It's the kind of trade that would go down on NHL 13, but not in real life because of the risk associated with swapping two key players on each side.

Personally, I would do it as an oiler fan.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:52 AM
Parise09*

Eberle/Yakupov, Gagner, 2nd for OEL, Hanzal, 1st

Parise09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:08 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Honestly, the value isn't too far off. There's no way I'd accept as a PHX fan, but this isn't worthy of flaming. It's not a poor proposal. The Coyotes need more goals for, and the Oilers need fewer goals against. It makes a reasonable amount of sense and the value is reasonably close. People should be less sensitive around here.

I expect each fanbase will prefer their own players. I certainly do. That said, it's really not poorly thought out and it's not poor value.

Thanks but no thank, OP. But I will say "Good Job!"
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Giving up Ebs would hurt, but we would be getting 2 great prices back. I understand PHX not wanting to do this, and I think EDM would have to add at least a small piece to make it fair.

So most likely a no from PHX fans, but the cries of one side or the other getting robbed are ludicrous.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote