HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal signs Samsonov

Old
07-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Montreal signs Samsonov

link - tsn.ca

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 07:59 PM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
I forgot Zednik was looking to get moved.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:03 PM
kariya9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
why

kariya9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Osprey

Wow. Montreal is one of the last places that I expected to see him sign. I guess fellow Russian Kovalev convinced Sergei to sign there.

Elsewhere in the article, Mike Johnson probably wasn't intenting to be rude to Phoenix, but it sure comes across that way:
"It's certainly going to be much different than Phoenix, and that's a good thing," said Johnson. "I'm looking forward to playing where people are passionate about their team, and care about how the team's doing. I'm excited to be back in a hockey town."

Ouch. I know what he means, but it's sometimes better to not say anything than to say something that could be misinterpreted as rude. I'd feel a tad offended if I were a Coyotes fan.

Last edited by Osprey: 07-12-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2006, 10:33 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Mike Johnson probably wasn't intenting to be rude to Phoenix, but it sure comes across that way:
"It's certainly going to be much different than Phoenix, and that's a good thing," said Johnson. "I'm looking forward to playing where people are passionate about their team, and care about how the team's doing. I'm excited to be back in a hockey town."

Ouch. I know what he means, but it's sometimes better to not say anything than to say something that could be misinterpreted as rude. I'd feel a tad offended if I were a Coyotes fan.
Not unlike leaving Los Angeles, me thinks... except that at least Los Angeles has the ocean.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Wow. Montreal is one of the last places that I expected to see him sign. I guess fellow Russian Kovalev convinced Sergei to sign there.

Elsewhere in the article, Mike Johnson probably wasn't intenting to be rude to Phoenix, but it sure comes across that way:

Similar with what Roenick said when he thought he was going to Canada. Then he ends up in Phoenix - LOL.

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote