vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
That title looks much better.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:27 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

MUCH better than just the bare leather behind the logo. Take off some of the bling though, like somebody said previously. Not all of it, but some of it.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:32 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
now that is a nice looking title!

is this just a fan creation, or was this one of the options (that they didn't choose)?

Old
02-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
and then everyone could have a good laugh at the old guy who is taking something targeted primarily at children and early teenagers way too seriously.

When Cena is saying kayfabe stuff like that, it isn't for you, it isn't for the smarks. But yeah, you sure would have shown him with your great response!
I can understand that argument, but he also didn't give this interview in a promo on Saturday Morning Slam, he said it on NOLA.com (the local New Orleans newspaper's online site). Not sure how many kids were firing up their computers to see what John Cena had to say about Wrestlemania on NOLA.com.

Quote:
Beautiful. I really don't even mind the bling in this version.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Shoalzie

That wireframe globe in the background makes that a more interesting belt. I didn't like all that plain black space behind the logo. Love the eagles on the side panels as well...similar to that of the older belt.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Exactly. Jones and Fox are just proving how PC everything is today, but I'm happy WWE is standing their ground and continuing with the storyline. Hell, they said...

Spoil:
Barrett was apart of the problem tonight at the SD taping

which is hilarious.
I think they need to keep doing that, so that people don't start taking him too seriously. Have him insult Canadians, Great Khali etc. to make it a little more obvious.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:25 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I think they need to keep doing that, so that people don't start taking him too seriously. Have him insult Canadians, Great Khali etc. to make it a little more obvious.
The WWE has been insulting Canada for 20 years

Old
02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
That wireframe globe in the background makes that a more interesting belt. I didn't like all that plain black space behind the logo. Love the eagles on the side panels as well...similar to that of the older belt.
It would not surprise me if the one that The Rock has now is his to take with him once he leaves after WM and that this belt is the one they'll use afterwards

Hopefully that's the case

Old
02-20-2013, 09:28 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
now that is a nice looking title!

is this just a fan creation, or was this one of the options (that they didn't choose)?
Fan edited.

02-20-2013, 09:29 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
That is very very nice. Much improved.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Fan edited.
damn, that's too bad

Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
I've been without internet for the past 5 days, can someone give me a brief summary of Elimination Chamber and Monday's Raw?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Make the WWE logo solid gold as opposed to diamond studded and I could REALLY get on board with that.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Definitely has to insult ALL non-Americans.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I can understand that argument, but he also didn't give this interview in a promo on Saturday Morning Slam, he said it on NOLA.com (the local New Orleans newspaper's online site). Not sure how many kids were firing up their computers to see what John Cena had to say about Wrestlemania on NOLA.com.
Cena is first and foremost for the kids, regardless of where he is being interviewed and then secondly he's targeted at the parents to be someone they are happy for their kids to support and consequently throw money on all his crap. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids were checking it out to be honest, in the end just read this

Quote:
So I literally just had to stop being a boo-boo face, get off my horse of pouting and get back in the mix. That's just what I did.
That is for children.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

Quote:
Cena is first and foremost for the kids, regardless of where he is being interviewed and then secondly he's targeted at the parents to be someone they are happy for their kids to support and consequently throw money on all his crap. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids were checking it out to be honest, in the end just read this

That is for children.
I'm more of the opinion that Cena just can't turn off his cheesy idiot persona, but agree to disagree

Old
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
Quote:

That is for children.
It is even worse hearing the words come out of his mouth. Boo-Boo Face really? 1:00 mark

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-orton-at-nxt/

Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I'm more of the opinion that Cena just can't turn off his cheesy idiot persona, but agree to disagree
he get pays millions to not forget. he is in character.
hell he even wears jorts in family pictures.... ( )

Old
02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
he get pays millions to not forget. he is in character.
hell he even wears jorts in family pictures.... ( )
John Cena doesn't show up in pictures... you can't see him.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

3.3 rating.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Brad Maddox oozes charisma.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:14 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
and then everyone could have a good laugh at the old guy who is taking something targeted primarily at children and early teenagers way too seriously.

When Cena is saying kayfabe stuff like that, it isn't for you, it isn't for the smarks. But yeah, you sure would have shown him with your great response!
So an interview w/ NOLA.com, which when the link is clicked looks as if it's the online site for the Times-Picayne, which some can consider a legitimate print journalism paper, is supposed to automatically be all kayfabe?

The response is more or less representing what the majority of us that are tired of Cena's schtick...we're sick of it, it's insulting to fans, I don't care how "old" someone is, and for the record I'm 27 years old, it's still Entertainment, and all forms of Entertainment do require a certain amount of "Suspension of Belief", but what he's trying to sell is garbage.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
So an interview w/ NOLA.com, which when the link is clicked looks as if it's the online site for the Times-Picayne, which some can consider a legitimate print journalism paper, is supposed to automatically be all kayfabe?

The response is more or less representing what the majority of us that are tired of Cena's schtick...we're sick of it, it's insulting to fans, I don't care how "old" someone is, and for the record I'm 27 years old, it's still Entertainment, and all forms of Entertainment do require a certain amount of "Suspension of Belief", but what he's trying to sell is garbage.
Pretty much everything Cena does is kayfabe, that comes with being the face of WWE. That's his job. His job doesn't end when he leaves the arena, his job is a 24/7 thing. Wherever he is in front of people, media especially, he is John Cena.

Again the "majority" that you are referring to are not the demographic that Cena is targeted towards, the "us" you refer to is only one portion of the audience, and if that portion of the audience had close to the power you would like to think it does, then this would have changed a long time ago. The entertainment Cena provides isn't targeted at you, it's targeted at people much younger than 27. Cena is not for you, Cena is for the kids.

and it isn't Cena "trying to sell" anything, it's Cena doing what the WWE wants him to do. Cena is paid to do exactly this, this is what WWE is trying to sell you. If it tears you up that much, then the way to communicate this to WWE is to change the channel. If not, then you'll just have to accept that you are watching something where you are outside the target demographic.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:55 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
Pretty much everything Cena does is kayfabe, that comes with being the face of WWE. That's his job. His job doesn't end when he leaves the arena, his job is a 24/7 thing. Wherever he is in front of people, media especially, he is John Cena.

Again the "majority" that you are referring to are not the demographic that Cena is targeted towards, the "us" you refer to is only one portion of the audience, and if that portion of the audience had close to the power you would like to think it does, then this would have changed a long time ago. The entertainment Cena provides isn't targeted at you, it's targeted at people much younger than 27. Cena is not for you, Cena is for the kids.

and it isn't Cena "trying to sell" anything, it's Cena doing what the WWE wants him to do. Cena is paid to do exactly this, this is what WWE is trying to sell you. If it tears you up that much, then the way to communicate this to WWE is to change the channel. If not, then you'll just have to accept that you are watching something where you are outside the target demographic.
I guess we'll agree to disagree on the interview part.

I will agree that I'm not the "target demographic" (Though shouldn't males 18-49 be the demo they want?)

But I'm sorry, this wasn't an interview on WWE.com, this was legitimate Print Journalism, he can be in character, but that stretches it in my opinion, and I am not buying the fact that the WWE scripts every word of his interviews, maybe some notes on "Key Points" to talk about.

And my original post had said that I would have liked to have been there because I would have wanted to give that response, never said I would do it lol. When people hear something that they disagree with or have a problem with, often times the thoughts on what they should say are much more exaggerated than what eventually comes out of their mouths.

But like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree, respectfully of course.

Closed Thread