HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread #39

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 01:11 AM
  #676
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,527
vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
That title would be sick.

OmniSens is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 01:39 AM
  #677
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
That title looks much better.

Morozov is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:27 AM
  #678
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4
 
TheMurdocktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
MUCH better than just the bare leather behind the logo. Take off some of the bling though, like somebody said previously. Not all of it, but some of it.

TheMurdocktor is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:32 AM
  #679
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
now that is a nice looking title!

is this just a fan creation, or was this one of the options (that they didn't choose)?

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:42 AM
  #680
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,962
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
and then everyone could have a good laugh at the old guy who is taking something targeted primarily at children and early teenagers way too seriously.

When Cena is saying kayfabe stuff like that, it isn't for you, it isn't for the smarks. But yeah, you sure would have shown him with your great response!
I can understand that argument, but he also didn't give this interview in a promo on Saturday Morning Slam, he said it on NOLA.com (the local New Orleans newspaper's online site). Not sure how many kids were firing up their computers to see what John Cena had to say about Wrestlemania on NOLA.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Beautiful. I really don't even mind the bling in this version.

Engebretson is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:02 AM
  #681
Shoalzie
Registered User
 
Shoalzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portland, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
That wireframe globe in the background makes that a more interesting belt. I didn't like all that plain black space behind the logo. Love the eagles on the side panels as well...similar to that of the older belt.

Shoalzie is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
  #682
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 49,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Exactly. Jones and Fox are just proving how PC everything is today, but I'm happy WWE is standing their ground and continuing with the storyline. Hell, they said...

Spoil:
Barrett was apart of the problem tonight at the SD taping


which is hilarious.
I think they need to keep doing that, so that people don't start taking him too seriously. Have him insult Canadians, Great Khali etc. to make it a little more obvious.

Jussi is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:25 AM
  #683
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I think they need to keep doing that, so that people don't start taking him too seriously. Have him insult Canadians, Great Khali etc. to make it a little more obvious.
The WWE has been insulting Canada for 20 years

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
  #684
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
That wireframe globe in the background makes that a more interesting belt. I didn't like all that plain black space behind the logo. Love the eagles on the side panels as well...similar to that of the older belt.
It would not surprise me if the one that The Rock has now is his to take with him once he leaves after WM and that this belt is the one they'll use afterwards

Hopefully that's the case

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:28 AM
  #685
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
4/4 - CP31
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 49,894
vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
now that is a nice looking title!

is this just a fan creation, or was this one of the options (that they didn't choose)?
Fan edited.

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:29 AM
  #686
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,155
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
That is very very nice. Much improved.

tp71 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
  #687
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Fan edited.
damn, that's too bad

RJ8812* is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:05 AM
  #688
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,905
vCash: 835
I've been without internet for the past 5 days, can someone give me a brief summary of Elimination Chamber and Monday's Raw?

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
  #689
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Make the WWE logo solid gold as opposed to diamond studded and I could REALLY get on board with that.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:23 AM
  #690
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I think they need to keep doing that, so that people don't start taking him too seriously. Have him insult Canadians, Great Khali etc. to make it a little more obvious.
Definitely has to insult ALL non-Americans.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:42 PM
  #691
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I can understand that argument, but he also didn't give this interview in a promo on Saturday Morning Slam, he said it on NOLA.com (the local New Orleans newspaper's online site). Not sure how many kids were firing up their computers to see what John Cena had to say about Wrestlemania on NOLA.com.
Cena is first and foremost for the kids, regardless of where he is being interviewed and then secondly he's targeted at the parents to be someone they are happy for their kids to support and consequently throw money on all his crap. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids were checking it out to be honest, in the end just read this

Quote:
So I literally just had to stop being a boo-boo face, get off my horse of pouting and get back in the mix. That's just what I did.
That is for children.

Morozov is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
  #692
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,962
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Cena is first and foremost for the kids, regardless of where he is being interviewed and then secondly he's targeted at the parents to be someone they are happy for their kids to support and consequently throw money on all his crap. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids were checking it out to be honest, in the end just read this



That is for children.
I'm more of the opinion that Cena just can't turn off his cheesy idiot persona, but agree to disagree

Engebretson is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
  #693
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer
 
Xenophobia Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adver City
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Cena is first and foremost for the kids, regardless of where he is being interviewed and then secondly he's targeted at the parents to be someone they are happy for their kids to support and consequently throw money on all his crap. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids were checking it out to be honest, in the end just read this



That is for children.
It is even worse hearing the words come out of his mouth. Boo-Boo Face really? 1:00 mark

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-orton-at-nxt/

Xenophobia Catalyst is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM
  #694
Disclose
Registered User
 
Disclose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,469
vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I'm more of the opinion that Cena just can't turn off his cheesy idiot persona, but agree to disagree
he get pays millions to not forget. he is in character.
hell he even wears jorts in family pictures.... ( )

Disclose is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
  #695
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,962
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
he get pays millions to not forget. he is in character.
hell he even wears jorts in family pictures.... ( )
John Cena doesn't show up in pictures... you can't see him.

Engebretson is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
  #696
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
4/4 - CP31
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 49,894
vCash: 233
3.3 rating.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
  #697
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
4/4 - CP31
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 49,894
vCash: 233


Brad Maddox oozes charisma.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:14 PM
  #698
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,246
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
and then everyone could have a good laugh at the old guy who is taking something targeted primarily at children and early teenagers way too seriously.

When Cena is saying kayfabe stuff like that, it isn't for you, it isn't for the smarks. But yeah, you sure would have shown him with your great response!
So an interview w/ NOLA.com, which when the link is clicked looks as if it's the online site for the Times-Picayne, which some can consider a legitimate print journalism paper, is supposed to automatically be all kayfabe?

The response is more or less representing what the majority of us that are tired of Cena's schtick...we're sick of it, it's insulting to fans, I don't care how "old" someone is, and for the record I'm 27 years old, it's still Entertainment, and all forms of Entertainment do require a certain amount of "Suspension of Belief", but what he's trying to sell is garbage.

__________________


Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
  #699
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
So an interview w/ NOLA.com, which when the link is clicked looks as if it's the online site for the Times-Picayne, which some can consider a legitimate print journalism paper, is supposed to automatically be all kayfabe?

The response is more or less representing what the majority of us that are tired of Cena's schtick...we're sick of it, it's insulting to fans, I don't care how "old" someone is, and for the record I'm 27 years old, it's still Entertainment, and all forms of Entertainment do require a certain amount of "Suspension of Belief", but what he's trying to sell is garbage.
Pretty much everything Cena does is kayfabe, that comes with being the face of WWE. That's his job. His job doesn't end when he leaves the arena, his job is a 24/7 thing. Wherever he is in front of people, media especially, he is John Cena.

Again the "majority" that you are referring to are not the demographic that Cena is targeted towards, the "us" you refer to is only one portion of the audience, and if that portion of the audience had close to the power you would like to think it does, then this would have changed a long time ago. The entertainment Cena provides isn't targeted at you, it's targeted at people much younger than 27. Cena is not for you, Cena is for the kids.

and it isn't Cena "trying to sell" anything, it's Cena doing what the WWE wants him to do. Cena is paid to do exactly this, this is what WWE is trying to sell you. If it tears you up that much, then the way to communicate this to WWE is to change the channel. If not, then you'll just have to accept that you are watching something where you are outside the target demographic.

Morozov is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:55 PM
  #700
RockLobster
Moderator
Jon Snow, Uneducated
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 16,246
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Pretty much everything Cena does is kayfabe, that comes with being the face of WWE. That's his job. His job doesn't end when he leaves the arena, his job is a 24/7 thing. Wherever he is in front of people, media especially, he is John Cena.

Again the "majority" that you are referring to are not the demographic that Cena is targeted towards, the "us" you refer to is only one portion of the audience, and if that portion of the audience had close to the power you would like to think it does, then this would have changed a long time ago. The entertainment Cena provides isn't targeted at you, it's targeted at people much younger than 27. Cena is not for you, Cena is for the kids.

and it isn't Cena "trying to sell" anything, it's Cena doing what the WWE wants him to do. Cena is paid to do exactly this, this is what WWE is trying to sell you. If it tears you up that much, then the way to communicate this to WWE is to change the channel. If not, then you'll just have to accept that you are watching something where you are outside the target demographic.
I guess we'll agree to disagree on the interview part.

I will agree that I'm not the "target demographic" (Though shouldn't males 18-49 be the demo they want?)

But I'm sorry, this wasn't an interview on WWE.com, this was legitimate Print Journalism, he can be in character, but that stretches it in my opinion, and I am not buying the fact that the WWE scripts every word of his interviews, maybe some notes on "Key Points" to talk about.

And my original post had said that I would have liked to have been there because I would have wanted to give that response, never said I would do it lol. When people hear something that they disagree with or have a problem with, often times the thoughts on what they should say are much more exaggerated than what eventually comes out of their mouths.

But like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree, respectfully of course.

RockLobster is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.