Guys? Apparently we host the Kings tonight - 8:00mt on TSN

Old
02-21-2013, 12:04 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
yeah could be in 3-5 years.

how about now and next 3-5 years? they are all maybes and Bernier has the potential to be a great one.

Instead the suggestions are a soft 6'5 defenseman or a center prospect that projects no better than Backlund along with a 1st they don't even have? great thinking
Look at Anahiem they found Fasth for nothing, goalies can be found in the late round picks, lets focus on the top end offensive talent we actually need. But no lets load up with goalies since they have the lowest trading value

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I don't even know what to say.

This team's bad. No lines have had continuous good games.
The Defense is small and not very physical. The forwards seem tiny, any cycle game can beat Calgary. The forth line does very little. Can't win a faceoff to save their lives. Can't connect on any pass.

I don't know what to say. This team wasn't built to win many games, and they're going to keep force feeding them to win. It'll end up just losing Calgary a chance of doing a quick rebuild this season.

Seriously. I think it's time. How many bad games can they have, clearly getting dominated for 50 minutes a night.
That's because they are tiny. So long as the Flames ice a lineup like this, get used to bigger teams pushing the Flames around. It's not going to be a pretty season.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:06 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
yeah could be in 3-5 years.

how about now and next 3-5 years? they are all maybes and Bernier has the potential to be a great one.

Instead the suggestions are a soft 6'5 defenseman or a center prospect that projects no better than Backlund along with a 1st they don't even have? great thinking
Actually no one said anything about it being a 2013 1st rounder.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Why do we want Bernier? I mean he is a good goalie but we have some good guys in the pipe and Ramo.

Just don't see him being a piece we would be looking for.
Ramo may not even come over and if he does ther eis no saying how well he will play. And those guys look good now, but so did Irving, Krahn and Keetley and look where they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Look at Anahiem they found Fasth for nothing, goalies can be found in the late round picks, lets focus on the top end offensive talent we actually need. But no lets load up with goalies since they have the lowest trading value
Yes look at Anaheim, they still picked up Fasth while having Hillier and having Gibson in their pipeline.

You can never have too many good goaltenders.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:07 AM
tfong

vCash: 500
Wasn't around but it sounds like Joey did alright.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Couple of weak goals, but yeah not bad for a third string goalie

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I cheered for Darryl Sutter when he won the cup last year. But the more I have thought about it, the more I look at him the madder I get. I hate that ****er for what he did to this team.
Quote:
I agree, the ****er drove this team so deep into the ground and left us with practically no prospects.
Well I'm glad other fans are getting around to recognizing Sutter's madness.

He joined a rudderless team of mismatched players and a poor prospect pool that couldn't make the playoffs and left a rudderless team of mismatched players and a poor prospect pool that can't make the playoffs. Of course, ownership's constant meddling in everything hasn't helped.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:09 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Ramo may not even come over and if he does ther eis no saying how well he will play. And those guys look good now, but so did Irving, Krahn and Keetley and look where they are now.

Yes look at Anaheim, they still picked up Fasth
Beneir hasn't proven to be a starter goalie and is on a very defensive team and you want him to be the center piece in maybe our best trading chip? That seems like a huge waste of assets. We could very easily develop our own goalie or trade for one much cheaper than Gio.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Come on... The day I take my girlfriend to a suite to try to get her in to hockey and we get dominated... Every year for the past few years, I've tried to ignore the sceptics and ignore all the predictions of us missing the playoffs and just hope we're gonna surprise everyone. How many years has it been 4? 5? The point is, changes need to be made. Ya we have guys like Baertschi and Backlund coming up but in comparison to division rivals like Minny or Edmonton, we're pretty far off. Not just that but our roster right now isnt THAT exciting.... Signing 2nd line free agents in the offseason isn't going to fix everything. It's just too frustrating watching us trying to compete. Blow it up or at least restrucure it

Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Basically about as good as Irving. Made some good saves and let in a few weak or questionable goals. But at least with Irving, there's a chance he could get better. This is about as good as it gets with MacDonald.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Beneir hasn't proven to be a starter goalie and is on a very defensive team and you want him to be the center piece in maybe our best trading chip? That seems like a huge waste of assets. We could very easily develop our own goalie or trade for one much cheaper than Gio.
Bernier has proven alot more than alot of the guys available.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:12 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:

Yes look at Anaheim, they still picked up Fasth while having Hillier and having Gibson in their pipeline.

You can never have too many good goaltenders.
Yes but he also might, saying either or is a fallacy. We don't know. For the record, he said he would come over if he could "compete" for a starter spot, and it looks to me as though he have one available.

Yes, prospects bust, but we have far greater needs in other positions.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:14 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Bernier has proven alot more than alot of the guys available.
Yes he has but not enough to use our best trading chip on him, most starting goalies are drafting with late picks or are traded for with 2nd rounders. We need young offensive talent not a goalie.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Yes he has but not enough to use our best trading chip on him, most starting goalies are drafting with late picks or are traded for with 2nd rounders. We need young offensive talent not a goalie.
Giordano is not that good! He is getting eaten alive out there because of that. It's time to wake up are realize he is a 3/4 defenseman and nothing more, and he isn't even that unless he starts hitting again.

If he continues how he has been playing we would be lucky to get anything for him

Old
02-21-2013, 12:18 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Giordano is not that good! He is getting eaten alive out there because of that. It's time to wake up are realize he is a 3/4 defenseman and nothing more, and he isn't even that unless he starts hitting again.

If he continues how he has been playing we would be lucky to get anything for him
I agree, but he has a huge reputation for being a good defensemen we should use that to our advantage not to mention how many teams are looking for defense men. Also I would do Toffilo straight up before Bernier straight up.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:

Develop our own?!

Krahn, McElhanney, Irving, etc.

Track record isn't that great...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:20 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:

I think he is quite a good defender. Its painfully obvious he does not fit in this system anymore though.

I still think he would excel in a system like St. Louis where he can play a more defense first game, while not having to be one of the "top" guys.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:22 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:

If Giordano isn't playing the same physical game that he used to our scouts probably know it. If the Kings trade Bernier we need a rock solid 3-4 defenseman, or a genuine sniper coming back our way.

Bernier's stock is on the rise with the way he has been playing. Hopefully Sutter gives him more games and the Kings can get more for him when the time comes.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:22 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

Develop our own?!

Krahn, McElhanney, Irving, etc.

Track record isn't that great...
Krahn got seriously hurt
McElhanney got rushed
Irving we gave up on before he was given a chance

Yea we have a bad record of taking the time needed for our players to develop,

Old
02-21-2013, 12:28 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Krahn got seriously hurt
McElhanney got rushed

And why do you believe it would be any different with another guy?

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:29 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
And why do you believe it would be any different with another guy?
Because in a actual rebuild there is no need to rush anyone and we would have more than enough time to give everyone a good look.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Krahn got seriously hurt
McElhanney got rushed

McElhinney was older than Irving when he amde his debut and got his opportunity.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:31 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Because in a actual rebuild there is no need to rush anyone and we would have more than enough time to give everyone a good look.
I disagree. Our ownership group is obviously of the mindset that we need to stay winning to stay relevant, so why wouldn't they rush prospects to the big leagues if it could [potentially] mean sooner success?

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:33 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
McElhinney was older than Irving when he amde his debut and got his opportunity.
Yep I don't think he was ready for the nhl, also he has good numbers every where but Calgary, looks like an extra year was all he needed. Again he was a 6th rounder him not making it isn't a huge blow, we have several other goalies who are better than he was.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:34 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
I disagree. Our ownership group is obviously of the mindset that we need to stay winning to stay relevant, so why wouldn't they rush prospects to the big leagues if it could [potentially] mean sooner success?
Obviously an actual rebuild means ownership buys into it. If they don't its not a real rebuild.