HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

What's this strange feeling I have? Is it... nausea?!? The Pessimism Thread 2013

Old
02-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
What's this strange feeling I have? Is it... nausea?!? The Pessimism Thread 2013

We need it. Vent, and maybe it will bring the opposite that the Optimism thread brought. (Or atleast balance it out)

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:38 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Blow this thing up I am so tired of trying for 8th place every ****ing year, lets build a contender or atleast a team that shows up every game.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:38 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:40 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
**** THIS TEAM. Honestly, no one seemed to care tonight. If they blew it up tomorrow I think I'd be just fine with that. The same leaders keep bringing this team the same results, again and again. No consistency and we are now on pace for a top 5 pick.

Sadly I'll probably be back next game to cheer them on. Sigh.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
**** THIS TEAM. Honestly, no one seemed to care tonight. If they blew it up tomorrow I think I'd be just fine with that. The same leaders keep bringing this team the same results, again and again. No consistency and we are now on pace for a top 5 pick.

Sadly I'll probably be back next game to cheer them on. Sigh.
Downside to loyalty, I guess.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:42 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Downside to loyalty, I guess.
Not me I'm out, I am going to cheer for Philly and won't even have to see a late game this year. See you at the draft when we trade down.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Not me I'm out, I am going to cheer for Philly and won't even have to see a late game this year. See you at the draft when we trade down.
Sounds nice actually...

Old
02-20-2013, 11:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Sounds nice actually...
I might even go out side, maybe make some friends. I think I am going to like this season

Old
02-20-2013, 11:46 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Ill be watching Devils games for the most part.

I just get too disappointed every time we lost, because this team is such a ******* tease. Just when they are starting to look like they will pull it together, it all falls to pieces again.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:46 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
The team learned how to play defence for like one game (maybe two games if you mash separate periods of play together). After that they tossed that plan in the garbage.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:47 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
I fully endorse trading everybody. The compete level of this team is horrible, and it has been for years. I am not advocating a full scale 5-8 year rebuild but at some point there has to be a culture shift. That absolutely means that #12 is gone. I don't put this teams failures on his shoulders by any means but nothing will change until he is gone. He deserves better anyways.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Nordberg

Enough is enough. It's time to put 'er down.

Nordberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:50 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
So ****ing disappointing.. We need Kipper and Backs back ASAP.. Or maybe it's time to make a move for a center. Something needs to happen soon or we're done. Although I have a feeling Feaster will wait and see how we do with Kipper and Sven back...

**** I'm so pissed. Not to mention I decided to start drinking half way through the game and now I'll probably feel like **** at work tomorrow with the amount I drank in the 3rd. **** **** ***** .

I think by time this season is ****ing over, I will be a ****ing raging alcoholic. ****

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
DBU
All You Can Do

Kill it with fire!

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:55 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
The optimism thread is closed

Please refrain from recreating the same spam in this thread.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:56 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I fully endorse trading everybody. The compete level of this team is horrible, and it has been for years. I am not advocating a full scale 5-8 year rebuild but at some point there has to be a culture shift. That absolutely means that #12 is gone. I don't put this teams failures on his shoulders by any means but nothing will change until he is gone. He deserves better anyways.
I feel this way about Iginla as well, he still gives a great effort most nights and he is still a great captain but, the fact is the leadership on this team has just failed again and again, and you have to start at the top. I would move Iginla to a team where there is already a core in place and he can just play his game, and show his skill. He deserves better than to waste away on this zero effort club.

He has done so much for the organization and I would rather watch him win a cup in another sweater than watch my favorite player ever fade into nothingness for the next 5 years.

Also, Cammy has just rubbed me the wrong way all season every time I see him on the bench he is smiling and chatting someone up whether the Flames are winning or losing. Maybe its just me but I want to move him as well.

Even just moving Iginla and Cammy could return a pair of 1st's and a couple good prospects. Draft well this year and the rebuild is probably already a 1/3rd over.

Move Kipper (he deserves to chase a cup too, the guy is a champ just like Iginla and deserves a shot).

Old
02-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
I would expect nothing less from a Canucks fan

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
DBU
All You Can Do

Okay, serious post time.

I love this team, but... god. There is nothing here. Seriously. We have maybe a handful of players who come to compete on any given night, and usually that consists of our fourth line, random other guys, and the goalie. That is simply not enough for us to be able to compete, let alone win games.

On the topic of goalies, can we please ****ing settle on one guy? Irving should be the guy. Win or lose, we need to develop our younger guys. I'm sick and tired of ownership stepping in. Clearly they have no idea what is best for this team, which is to get younger and rebuild. Scrambling for 8th every year is useless and apparently a tough task for this team to accomplish, so maybe ownership should open their eyes.

/rant

Last edited by MarkGio: 02-21-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Can't put that on display
DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I would expect nothing less from a Canucks fan
Why should I waste my time watching a team that doesn't care enough to even try.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Why should I waste my time watching a team that doesn't care enough to even try.
At this point ill be watching to enjoy The young B's: Backlund, Bartschi and Brodie.

Brodie just impresses the heck out of me, such a smart and creative player with room to grow.

Dont blame you though honestly. This team doesn't care why should you.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Like I said just like a Canuck, going gets tough and they dive or turtle.

Real fans stick around, if you don't want to watch the team then don't, just don't ****ing come back after.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:11 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Like I said just like a Canuck, going gets tough and they dive or turtle.

Real fans stick around, if you don't want to watch the team then don't, just don't ****ing come back after.
Real fans watch as their team doesn't even try? I am not saying I won't watch if they were to lose and give 100% or **** even 90% but this constant sub par efforts aren't worth my time, if they don't show up neither will I.

Also I guess sarcasm doesn't come across the internet, I am still going to watch this team I will just expect a ****** effort.

But hey take shots at me because I think grown ass men should try their best at their jobs.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:12 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I don't blame the roster, I blame Feaster. He knew we lacked centre depth and he knew faceoffs were an issue. He did nothing about it.

He brought in a coach who needed the puck to have a successful system, but didn't bring him the centremen to win the puck.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:14 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I don't blame the roster, I blame Feaster. He knew we lacked centre depth and he knew faceoffs were an issue. He did nothing about it.

He brought in a coach who needed the puck to have a successful system, but didn't bring him the centremen to win the puck.
Who was he suppose to get, guys like that don't fall out of the sky?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Real fans watch as their team doesn't even try? I am not saying I won't watch if they were to lose and give 100% or **** even 90% but this constant sub par efforts aren't worth my time, if they don't show up neither will I.

Also I guess sarcasm doesn't come across the internet, I am still going to watch this team I will just expect a ****** effort.

But hey take shots at me because I think grown ass men should try their best at their jobs.
Being dominated =/= lack of effort. I saw lots of guys trying tonight, possibly trying too hard. The team is just not as good as most teams in the league so they will look outmatched, its what happens.