HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else wish Jeremy Roenick did the regular Intermission reports instead of

Old
02-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Kayluvsredwings

vCash: 500
Anyone else wish Jeremy Roenick did the regular Intermission reports instead of

instead of Mike Milbury? I do, I have always loved JR. He's a down to earth guy that tells it like it is, but isn't a "snob" either. Also, just curious....do a lot of Hawks fans dislike Detroit fans the the Wings here? I'd like to say I honestly have no mean feelings towards any Hawks fans or the team. Toews reminds me of a Young Stevie Y. He's one of the best Captains in the NHL. And I love Pat Kane and Hossa! Thanks

Kayluvsredwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayluvsredwings View Post
instead of Mike Milbury? I do, I have always loved JR. He's a down to earth guy that tells it like it is, but isn't a "snob" either. Also, just curious....do a lot of Hawks fans dislike Detroit fans the the Wings here? I'd like to say I honestly have no mean feelings towards any Hawks fans or the team. Toews reminds me of a Young Stevie Y. He's one of the best Captains in the NHL. And I love Pat Kane and Hossa! Thanks
Thanks Man! I'd rather JR as well, Milbury is awful and Toews reminds me of the late 90s Stevie Y, when he made a solid commitment to being a great all around player!

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Kayluvsredwings

No Problem! Thanks for the Reply back....I'm new to this site and trying to make some Hockey Friends

Old
02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

He's hilarious, whether he intends to be or not.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Kayluvsredwings

haha yes he is! He has tweeted me before actually....super nice guy. (Obviously my twitter is all about hockey)

Old
02-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

BTW, I said thanks Man, and I assumed you were a guy but you might have been a girl instead. Anyways you mentioned something like what we thought of Wings fan I've never had any hard feelings on these guys and I respect the hell out of that team. This years Hawk team reminds me of the 07/08 wings team with the puck possession strong 2 way play, active D just wish our PP could run as smoothly as the Wings did back then. Thanks for coming out!

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:03 AM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
I think most of us will say that we hate the Wings but respect the hell out of the organization and the individuals involved. I've always had great experiences with Wings fans too, at games and otherwise.

On the topic of J.R.: I wish he and Millbury both did it together. I think it was at the last Olympics, but they were hilarious together. I don't think it was intentional, but the two clashed and it caused some very funny moments.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

agree on everything that's written here so far

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Hell, I wish YOU did the Intermission reports instead of Milbury...

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:04 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeLincolnsGhost View Post
I think most of us will say that we hate the Wings but respect the hell out of the organization and the individuals involved.
Eh, not me. I've always found Ilitch to be a bit of a scum bag, personally.

Also, since the OP asked about fans, almost every Wings fan I've met in real life has been a self entitled pompous ass hole. I know that doesn't speak for the majority, but just my experience.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I've only met Wings fans who lived in Illinois so they were all pseudo Hawks fans too.

Have to respect the Red Wings though. Class A organization from top to bottom for the past 20 + years.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:18 AM
hockeydoug

Outside of Ken Daniel's nearly constant whining and Redmond's insufferable hatred of things skating with stripes, I've found very little to dislike about the organization compared to everybody else. I a little less Journey would help, but the fans and the organization have been among the best for a long time.

About JR and Milbury, is there a third option?

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:21 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
How about here in Chicago instead of Konroyd, so sick of that guy. Love Foley and Troy Murray, that's pretty much it though. Wideman is good too, nothing like Foley, but solid. The color guys we have don't really provide anything IMO.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Also, just curious....do a lot of Hawks fans dislike Detroit fans the the Wings here?
I would say most have a pretty pompus attitude toward Hawks fans. For that reason, I've tended to stay away from them. They are going through a nervous breakdown right now with everything that is happening so I try to respect that.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Cullksinikers

"JR, are you surprised at the red hot start by the Chicago Blackhawks through the first 16 games?"

"Absolutely not since it's the Chicago Blackhawks, man."

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
"JR, are you surprised at the red hot start by the Chicago Blackhawks through the first 16 games?"

"Absolutely not since it's the Chicago Blackhawks, man."
Classic!

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Hawkaholic

I read a quote online that he said "John Scott shouldn't even be in the NHL" ..which isn't a shock to us, but at least someone publicly said it!!!

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:16 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I read a quote online that he said "John Scott shouldn't even be in the NHL" ..which isn't a shock to us, but at least someone publicly said it!!!
Yeah, he said that last night. He was actually taking a jab at Millbury when he said it, too. JR pointed out how Millbury said Scott gets the credit for Vanek's start by opening things up. JR said Milburry is basically an idiot, and that Ott was a good addition for some grit and toughness, but like you said... Scott has no place in the NHL. I agreed with everything he said, it was a good little segment.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Chevrier

Jeremy Roenick is absolutely hilarious without trying to be, at least not intentionally. He's pretty honest and brash and opinionated which usually can go either way. See Milbury. Get the record for opening the season hot, Hawks-- as a Wings man myself, I look at the Hawks like your little brother that's always a step quicker, stronger, taller than you but at a younger age just beginning to come around. Absolutely dominant performances this season based on what I've seen. I saw a shot of Toews during the shootout against Vancouver and the guy looks possessed at time. Fantastic leader, awesome player. Gotta' respect the hell outta' them-- big on Bolland and Hoss, too

Chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Blue Liner

I don't hate Detroit, really. I don't (and never have) felt about them how I do about a team like Vancouver now. I don't think there's been that kind of animosity between these two franchises since the late 80's-mid90's. I've hated their success and thus always had an envious respect of their organization and I certainly have no trouble watching them struggle a bit right now but I don't hate them. As for their fans, most are good hockey people but there are definitely some I've encountered who had a certain arrogance and pompousness towards us as Hawks fans and our organization but I guess they've earned that, so it is what it is. I'm sure there are Hawks fans who act like that now towards other organizations.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:53 AM
JPE123

JR is one of those guys who doesn't have a politically correct bone in his body. He thinks it, he says it! I love the guy and he is so much more fun to listen to than the canned broadcaster who tow the network line. When you're like JR, you're bound to get somebody mad at you because that's how life is.

JPE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Cullksinikers

I still love Milbury after he said that Russia brought their "Euro trash" game in the 2010 Olympics when Canada wasted them. That was amazing.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Trance Kuja
Retired for now.

"Chicago Blackhawks, man."

I love Roenick.

Trance Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Hawksfly2gether

Roenick is a fan favorite and definitely missed by most if not all. He's a personality not just a commentator he added a lot to the show I felt. Would welcome him back in open arms but doesn't he have his own spot on NBC sports?

I have a couple of michigan friends who are huge wings fans. We give each other **** and always get together for hawks wings games but there is definitely a mutual respect and adulation between us. The wings were one of the most dominant teams the last 20 years, you have to give credit where its due.

Hawksfly2gether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Hawkaholic

He's the reason I became a Hawks fan at the age of 8.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote