HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Oscar Pistorius charged with premeditated murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

Old
02-16-2013, 08:18 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
if he wanted her to leave he could've tell her to come live at my place.I would have shown her my great hospitality.

And besides , let's face it , I'm a much better catch , having two legs and all.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:41 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Am I the only one who finds most of these responses wrong and disgusting?

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Never did care much for Pistorius, as I found his battle with the IOC to be quite selfish and unnecessary. Couldn't accept the fact that he had a handicap, and continued pushing for rules to be bent solely for his benefit. Finally gets his way, and it's "inspirational"? I'm sorry, but I don't get why he's somehow more important or a greater athlete than every other paralympian in the world.

And now this. I'll wait to see how it all plays out before labeling him as a murderous puke, but it's looking like the sports world's love affair with the one they call "Blade Runner" has come to a crashing halt.

02-17-2013, 12:17 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Never did care much for Pistorius, as I found his battle with the IOC to be quite selfish and unnecessary. Couldn't accept the fact that he had a handicap, and continued pushing for rules to be bent solely for his benefit. Finally gets his way, and it's "inspirational"? I'm sorry, but I don't get why he's somehow more important or a greater athlete than every other paralympian in the world.

And now this. I'll wait to see how it all plays out before labeling him as a murderous puke, but it's looking like the sports world's love affair with the one they call "Blade Runner" has come to a crashing halt.
I'm kind of with you. The specialty blades they put on him seemed to give him a training advantage over many able bodied people. Many of us are not born to be high class athletes for one reason or another. he was missing lower legs, but could still compete in Paralympics. I, on the other hand, never seemed to have delevoped proper reflexes and have bad spacial perception, which may or may not have been resultant from severe jaundice I had at birth.I've always tried to be athletic, but have problems tracking, so am terrible at almost everything. Would it be fair for me to get brain implants to improve my reflexes so I can compete at higher levels? How about paraplegics? Should they be allowed motorized wheelchairs?
We have to draw the line somewhere...

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:44 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

vCash: 500
The Olympics are dead anyway. No wrestling. Travesty.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:56 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

He was crushing the Paralympics. It wasn't even fair. I have no problem with him being an inspiration. Maybe some people don't see it, but a lot of others did - especially disabled people. He also got very popular and donated a lot of money and time to disabled children - that's more than enough.

Of course then he killed his girlfriend and yeah.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

http://twitter.com/DavidGrann/status...26846369853440
Quote:
Oscar Pistorius, after allegedly shooting girlfriend, cried: "My baba, I’ve killed my baba. God take me away." *******/XS0Fmq
Sad

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:11 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
It could very well be true. Stupid, but true. Maybe she wasn't supposed to be home? Or maybe she was trying to surprise him for Valentine's Day (her last Twitter status was asking what special things they had planned for their special someone for VD), although the second is doubtful since it was the morning, not the night.

Pistorius had a twitter status, all the way back in November, about going stealth into his laundry his room with a gun because he thought he heard a burglar - ended up only being the washing machine going.

EDIT: Found the status...

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-17-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 08:21 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Apparently, they found a bloodied cricket bat at the home of Pistorius...

Quote:
South Africa' City Press says police are working on three theories about the bat: that Pistorius beat her with it; that she defended herself with it; and that he used it to break down the door to the bathroom.
SOURCE: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8498442.html

Pistorius called his friend after the incident...

Quote:
The best friend of Oscar Pistorius told yesterday how the Paralympic hero called him moments after his girlfriend was shot and later sobbed: “My baba, I’ve killed my baba. God take me away.”

Businessman Justin Divaris, who introduced model Reeva Steenkamp to the London 2012 double gold winner, said Pistorius phoned him first instead of emergency services, the Sunday People has reported.

Speaking exclusively to the Sunday People, Justin, 27, said: “It’s all very sad. Oscar called me at 3.55 am saying that Reeva had been shot.

“I said to him, ‘What are you talking about? I don’t understand you?’ He then repeated himself – ‘There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva’.

“Next thing his neighbour picked up the phone and told me it was true and told me to get to Oscar’s home.

“I was in total shock. I asked the neighbour, ‘Is she OK?’ Did the gun go off by accident?’ She replied, ‘No. She’s not OK. You need to get here’.”
SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ther-says.html

Pistorius tried to revive Steenkamp;

Quote:
According to the accounts of security guards who rushed to Oscar Pistorius ’ home at the sound of gunshots, the Olympian was found carrying his fatally wounded girlfriend downstairs and desperately trying to resuscitate her.

Sources tell Beeld that guards and neighbors heard Reeva Steenkamp’s last breaths as Pistorius gave her mouth-to-mouth, but neither he nor arriving paramedics could revive her. A trail of blood marked Pistorius’ route from upstairs and blood-soaked towels were on the floor when police arrived, according to the Telegraph’s retelling. The four bullet wounds she sustained were in the chest, head, and hand.
SOURCE: http://entertainment.wagerweb.com/sp...end-49443.html

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-17-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Propane Nightmares
Only Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
He was crushing the Paralympics. It wasn't even fair. I have no problem with him being an inspiration. Maybe some people don't see it, but a lot of others did - especially disabled people. He also got very popular and donated a lot of money and time to disabled children - that's more than enough.

Except he was beaten in one of his events in the Paralympics and then cried about it

Lirl

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Rizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
Innocent until proven guilty, no?
This is the internet, so it's exactly the opposite.

HE'S CLEARLY GUILTY ETC.

Yay for values of justice! Let's get that lynch mob ready, boys!

Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

No jury in SA

Just the judge man

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post

That's certainly what killed it for me. Other than the shooting gf in the face thing, he was a pretty cool all-around dude.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:34 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
http://www.extratv.com/2013/02/18/pi...y-cricket-bat/

Reports of steroids and a bloodied cricket bat.Oh boy.(Althougal origional reporting paper seems to be The Sun, so credulity maybe in question)

Obviously was killed by Lizzie Borden.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Cynicaps

He's innocent and was framed. Why would anyone in perfect, modern SA kill anyone?

Cynicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:28 PM
nutbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicaps View Post
He's innocent and was framed. Why would anyone in perfect, modern SA kill anyone?
I don't know, he seemed to have it pretty good.

Not like he had blocked ambitions or anything.

nutbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:16 AM
MeticulouslyDishevel

I've been following his bail hearing for the past couple of days. Looks like the prosecution really f'd up. The lead detective got slammed in cross-examination and, quelle surprise, is himself charged with attempted murder. This case just gets more and more interesting.

MeticulouslyDishevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Kitten Mittons

That guy was apparently very paranoid about intruders. Seems like a terrible accident to me but I don't know what the bat is all about.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:18 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Guy told cops he didn't put on his legs. Testimony says that the angles of the shots came from a height that would have required him to have his legs on.

Something's not adding up. Witness also claiming to have overheard an argument.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:24 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Apparently the lead detective in the case is being charged with attempted murder himself...

Wow.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:53 AM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
The lead detective not only has admitted to multiple blunders in the investigation, but man his credibility took a huge hit. This is going to be Jon Benet all over again. Or OJ. It's possible he did this, but the evidence is looking weak, if there even is any.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:58 AM
FadeToBlack

I think the dude is innocent. Imagine being a guy without legs who feels there is an intruder in his home. I'd be losing my ****, too. In that moment, I can understand not thinking clearly and firing shots without checking to see where my girlfriend/fiancee was first.

FadeToBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:30 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Apparently the lead detective in the case is being charged with attempted murder himself...

Wow.
Yep

Quote:
The lead investigator in the murder case against Oscar Pistorius faces attempted murder charges himself over a 2011 shooting, police said Thursday in another potentially damaging blow to the prosecution.

Prosecutors said they were unaware of the charges against veteran detective Hilton Botha when they put him on the stand in court to explain why Pistorius should not be given bail in the Valentine's Day shooting death of his girlfriend.

Prosecutors say Pistorius intentionally killed model Reeva Steenkamp and have charged him with premeditated murder. Pistorius says he mistook Steenkamp for an intruder and that the shooting was accidental.

Police Brig. Neville Malila told The Associated Press that Botha who gave testimony in the Pistorius bail hearing on Wednesday is scheduled to appear in court in May on seven counts of attempted murder related to an incident in October 2011 when Botha and two other police officers fired at a minibus they were trying to stop.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...ve-charge.html

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote