HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 11:35 PM
  #1
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,730
vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXV

Old thread here

Passed 1000 posts. Obligated new thread!

Continue here!

OmniSens is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:44 PM
  #2
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Hey has anyone heard of this Ryan O'Reilly guy?

Sens Mile is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:45 PM
  #3
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,760
vCash: 50
Who would you guys deal, Zibanejad or Silfverberg for O'Rielly if it came down to it.

Remember that Zibanejad and Landeskog are best friends since they were 9 so might play a role there.

Regardless, getting back one of the best 2 way centers in the game, who would you give up?

Extra question, who do you guys think will be better, Turris or O'Rielly?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:52 PM
  #4
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,730
vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Who would you guys deal, Zibanejad or Silfverberg for O'Rielly if it came down to it.

Remember that Zibanejad and Landeskog are best friends since they were 9 so might play a role there.

Regardless, getting back one of the best 2 way centers in the game, who would you give up?

Extra question, who do you guys think will be better, Turris or O'Rielly?
I wouldn't give neither. One or the other, they'd be greedy and ask for a bit more. As they should, but Ottawa wouldn't want to pay the price.

Turris or O'Rielly? Tough one. I'd give O'Rielly the slight edge, but in 4-5 years with the right linemates, I think the production will be close from both.

OmniSens is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
  #5
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Who would you guys deal, Zibanejad or Silfverberg for O'Rielly if it came down to it.

Remember that Zibanejad and Landeskog are best friends since they were 9 so might play a role there.

Regardless, getting back one of the best 2 way centers in the game, who would you give up?

Extra question, who do you guys think will be better, Turris or O'Rielly?
Would much rather move Zibanejad than Silfverberg. I think O'Reilly is better now and in the future than Turris.

I just hope this is resolved soon. Tired of the bickering lol.

Cujomi is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:06 AM
  #6
FrankUllah
Registered User
 
FrankUllah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
I would trade Zibanejad for O'Reilly cause I think he has similar upside in terms of point production but ROR has an amazing 2 way game, is still young and can help us immediately. Wouldn't even care to add Wiercoch and a pick cause I think guys like Ceci and/or free agent signings can come in a few years and do similar things. Not to mention I think once Lundin shakes off the rust will fill his role fine.

No way I would trade Silf over Zib just cause our lack of potential top 6 wingers and decent centre depth.

FrankUllah is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:05 AM
  #7
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 2,951
vCash: 4116
I would absolutely love Mark Streit on this team as a 2nd pairing d-man with Cowen.

I don't even care that hes 34. Sign him to a 2 year, maybe three year contract and I think he would be awesome here in our system.

I know he has a little problem with injuries, and hes the Islanders captain so he might not leave, but hes a UFA and we have a shot.

This is a contending defense imo:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Streit
Phillips / Gryba - Wiercioch
Phillips / Gryba


Bingo call ups:

Borowiecki
Ceci

You have a solid shut down man on each pairing, and an offensive guy. That's the way I think pairings work best. I know the positions may be wrong, but its semi-changeable. Then you have a back up in bingo to replace either a dfd or ofd.

I think if we come out of free agency with Streit, at least one top 6 winger, and if Alfie came back thats a legitimate contender.

derriko is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 01:30 AM
  #8
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,019
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Who would you guys deal, Zibanejad or Silfverberg for O'Rielly if it came down to it.

Remember that Zibanejad and Landeskog are best friends since they were 9 so might play a role there.

Regardless, getting back one of the best 2 way centers in the game, who would you give up?

Extra question, who do you guys think will be better, Turris or O'Rielly?
Id trade Silfverberg + Da Costa/Bishop for ROR. Would not trade Zibby or Wiercioch or Ceci.

ROR is and will always be better than Turris.

Benny FTW is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:43 AM
  #9
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,048
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I would absolutely love Mark Streit on this team as a 2nd pairing d-man with Cowen.

I don't even care that hes 34. Sign him to a 2 year, maybe three year contract and I think he would be awesome here in our system.

I know he has a little problem with injuries, and hes the Islanders captain so he might not leave, but hes a UFA and we have a shot.

This is a contending defense imo:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Streit
Phillips / Gryba - Wiercioch
Phillips / Gryba


Bingo call ups:

Borowiecki
Ceci

You have a solid shut down man on each pairing, and an offensive guy. That's the way I think pairings work best. I know the positions may be wrong, but its semi-changeable. Then you have a back up in bingo to replace either a dfd or ofd.

I think if we come out of free agency with Streit, at least one top 6 winger, and if Alfie came back thats a legitimate contender.
I'm all for it.

18Hossa is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:50 AM
  #10
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
So we're basing Havlat as a player on a 15 game sample size, and ignore the fact that he's never had a season in which he as under 0.73ppg since 2002?

And we'd rather keep a low-scoring grinder on a team full of low scoring grinders and not address the fact that we were thin in our top 6 even before Spezza and Michalek got hurt?

That's good talent assessment right there.


... Greening would be a pittance to pay for Havlat.
No, I am basing Havlat as a player on his while career, which is why I said he's the most one-dimensional player we've ever had, but just included his current production. His injury issues sort of go without saying, don't they? Obviously you are aware of that otherwise you likely wouldn't have gone for ppg numbers.

It was addition by subtraction when we traded him away. And presently he's not even bringing that one dimension. All the talent in the world, but no head to put it all together, and you'd trade a "low-scoring grinder" for a low-scoring, overpaid floater.

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:06 AM
  #11
JackBauer
Registered User
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,399
vCash: 500
Completely unwilling to trade Silf until he's given a full season in Ottawa. He has a track record of starting off slow and once adapting, becomming a monster. He's slowly starting to get his groove in the Bigs, and while it might take a little longer than it did in the Swedish League or AHL, I want to see what he can do when he's had time to adjust.

Silf for RoR is completely off the table for me, as apart from what I wrote above, that would be trading a weakness (wingers) for a strength (centre) and makes no sense.

JackBauer is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:12 AM
  #12
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
No, I am basing Havlat as a player on his while career, which is why I said he's the most one-dimensional player we've ever had, but just included his current production. His injury issues sort of go without saying, don't they? Obviously you are aware of that otherwise you likely wouldn't have gone for ppg numbers.

It was addition by subtraction when we traded him away. And presently he's not even bringing that one dimension. All the talent in the world, but no head to put it all together, and you'd trade a "low-scoring grinder" for a low-scoring, overpaid floater.
Well, if that's how you honestly see it, it's clear that what we have here is a fundamental difference in how we see Martin Havlat. If difference of opinions were measured in distance, one of us would be in the "Berkley" area of San Francisco, and the other in orbit around Neptune.

Honestly, we're probably so far from each others' opinion that it would be pointless to debate it further. We can just agree to disagree, and move on.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:35 AM
  #13
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Well, if that's how you honestly see it, it's clear that what we have here is a fundamental difference in how we see Martin Havlat. If difference of opinions were measured in distance, one of us would be in the "Berkley" area of San Francisco, and the other in orbit around Neptune.

Honestly, we're probably so far from each others' opinion that it would be pointless to debate it further. We can just agree to disagree, and move on.
That's fair. I honestly thought Christmas came early when we traded him AND Smolinski.

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:09 AM
  #14
wilfred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Bunswick
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Would the Avs take.... Smith, Wiercioch and Pick(not 1st) for ROR

Next year

Greening/Spezza/Michalek had success last year
Slifverberg/Turris/Alfredsson Playing well right now
Zibby/ROR/Stone Good young Line
Condra/O'brien/Neil

Method/Karlsson
Cowen/ UFA or trade
Phillips/ Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

3 lines that can score and are good defensively

wilfred is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:18 AM
  #15
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
Would the Avs take.... Smith, Wiercioch and Pick(not 1st) for ROR
Seriously, seriously doubt it.

I like the idea of moving Smith in a RoR deal, but Smith is a secondary piece in an O'Reilly deal, not the main one.

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:21 AM
  #16
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
Would the Avs take.... Smith, Wiercioch and Pick(not 1st) for ROR
lolno.

It's like them offering Olver, Barrie and pick (not 1st or 2nd) for Turris

White Goodman is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:22 AM
  #17
Johnny Hanson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,217
vCash: 50
I'd trade zib over silf for sure. Silf has pedigree and has shown he can score in various leagues. Zib has shown nothing and I think we picked him way to early at 6th overall

Johnny Hanson is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
  #18
wilfred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Bunswick
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Seriously, seriously doubt it.

I like the idea of moving Smith in a RoR deal, but Smith is a secondary piece in an O'Reilly deal, not the main one.
thought so

wilfred is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:27 AM
  #19
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Right now it would seem to make sense to move Zibanejad over Silfverberg especially considering the talent coming back.

But most people on here are what have you done lately people, Zibanejad needs to develope more in the A he just came off 3 concussions... He shouldn't be up here right now.

BK201 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:45 AM
  #20
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Right now it would seem to make sense to move Zibanejad over Silfverberg especially considering the talent coming back.

But most people on here are what have you done lately people, Zibanejad needs to develope more in the A he just came off 3 concussions... He shouldn't be up here right now.
3 concussions?

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
  #21
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Right now it would seem to make sense to move Zibanejad over Silfverberg especially considering the talent coming back.

But most people on here are what have you done lately people, Zibanejad needs to develope more in the A he just came off 3 concussions... He shouldn't be up here right now.
I think you have to be realsitic about expectations. Silfverberg doesn't have Zibanejad's draft pedigree, but he has developed leaps and bounds since the draft. Even in his draft year he was viewed as a potential star, but there were a lot of questions. He gets better every year and he has shown the ability to dominate at various levels. (SEL -> AHL) He just takes time and is a slow starter (even in his MVP season last year he started pretty slowly). Every game you watch Silfverberg with Ottawa you can see that he is improving and catching onto things.

The biggest issue I have with Zibanejad is that I don't see improvement -- even from last year he looks like essentially the same player. I know he's had injury issues and problems, but I just don't see the elite upside in Zibanejad. He has never dominated any level of hockey (even the WJC...golden goal aside...he was outplayed by a lot of younger players where he should have had a big physical advantage).

Personally I don't think that Zibanejad has higher upside than a 2nd line winger. Maybe that's just me. If you can provide some kind of evidence that points elsewhere besides 'he has nice tools' that would really be encouraging.

I'm much more optimistic about our 1st round pick last year in Ceci. I think last year was just not a good draft year for us.

Cujomi is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:51 AM
  #22
SenzZen
Registered User
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 500
What do you guys think happened to Silfverberg's value from the ages 19-22?

SenzZen is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
  #23
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
3 concussions?
One in Sweden last year, one when he came to the AHL during the playoffs and never played(which may have been still from the firsts not really talked about) and one this year (but also may have been lingering from last year).

All I can tell you is there are 3 times separated by months at a time were he had concussion symptoms.

BK201 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:59 AM
  #24
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I think you have to be realsitic about expectations. Silfverberg doesn't have Zibanejad's draft pedigree, but he has developed leaps and bounds since the draft. Even in his draft year he was viewed as a potential star, but there were a lot of questions. He gets better every year and he has shown the ability to dominate at various levels. (SEL -> AHL) He just takes time and is a slow starter (even in his MVP season last year he started pretty slowly). Every game you watch Silfverberg with Ottawa you can see that he is improving and catching onto things.

The biggest issue I have with Zibanejad is that I don't see improvement -- even from last year he looks like essentially the same player. I know he's had injury issues and problems, but I just don't see the elite upside in Zibanejad. He has never dominated any level of hockey (even the WJC...golden goal aside...he was outplayed by a lot of younger players where he should have had a big physical advantage).

Personally I don't think that Zibanejad has higher upside than a 2nd line winger. Maybe that's just me. If you can provide some kind of evidence that points elsewhere besides 'he has nice tools' that would really be encouraging.

I'm much more optimistic about our 1st round pick last year in Ceci. I think last year was just not a good draft year for us.
Second line would be great IMO I'd be really happy. My point isn't that he's amazing it actually kind of coincides with what your saying.

Basically he hasn't been developing very well and has struggled through some bad head injuries.

We need to put him in the A like we did with all our prospects and leave him their until he starts getting better. It's becoming obvious that he is a bit of a project with good upside and should be treated as such.

BK201 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:07 AM
  #25
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,372
vCash: 265
I hope Silf goes no where. Especially after buying his jersey.

Qward is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.