HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Bourque-Plek-Gio
Pac-DD-Cole
Prust-Chucky-Gally
Moen-Eller-Army/White

We need wingers?

If we get on we'll pretty much have to trade one...
I think he meant we need top 6 wingers

Old
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
ryanwb

Not sure if it would actually happen, but Lebrun is saying that Alfie might get moved if (when?) Ottawa begins its fall in the standings.

I think he would be a great fit here, besides the fact Ottawa might not want to move him to a division rival. He's not loathed in Montreal (is he?) like he is in a place like Toronto, it's close to his home in Ottawa, and if we are in a hunt for a playoff spot he could be a piece to really improve the team, especially if he sees us as a contender.

What do you think it would take for an Alfredsson rental?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:56 AM
No Team Needed

Alfie would cost a first and two prospects.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:29 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Why would he cost as much as Hossa did?

Old
02-20-2013, 05:12 AM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Why would a team pay that for an 40 y/o washed up guy going in retirement at the end of the year. A first and a roster spot Imo

Old
02-20-2013, 06:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Why would a team pay that for an 40 y/o washed up guy going in retirement at the end of the year. A first and a roster spot Imo
I don't see anybody paying that much unless he picks up his game big time. He is on pace for 30 points in 48 games.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:28 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Players and rentals never cost as much as HFBoarders think they would. Also, Alfie wouldn't come here unless we were playing really, really well.

If he get traded, he'd go as a gift from Ottawa to him in order for him to try to get a cup (kinda like the Gilmour trade) - to Chicago or Pittsburgh or something.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Players and rentals never cost as much as HFBoarders think they would. Also, Alfie wouldn't come here unless we were playing really, really well.

If he get traded, he'd go as a gift from Ottawa to him in order for him to try to get a cup (kinda like the Gilmour trade) - to Chicago or Pittsburgh or something.
I'd see him fitting well in Pittsburgh....but I doubt he'd leave Ottawa unless he was told the return would help the team.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:09 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Montreal is playing really really well compared to other clubs. Short season, remember... Anything goes.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:02 AM
MarkovsKnee

I don't know about the Sens falling off that much. There are not a lot of great teams in the East. I can see them easily staying ahead of Buffalo, Washington, Florida, Philly (boy does their D suck), NYI and Winnipeg. I doubt they'll make the playoffs, but I just don't see them falling off that much. For 3 reasons: they are well coached, have a solid #1 goaltender and they have a tremendous work ethic with a lot of speed.

Last edited by MarkovsKnee: 02-20-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old
02-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Probably just Weber to Oilers for a pick.
I hope, sign me up!

Old
02-20-2013, 12:07 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
With the rumors of Ottawa looking at MAB, I wonder if they wouldn't be interested in Weber. Not as proven as MAB, but not as bad defensively either. Also has his whole career ahead of him while Bergeron is constantly looking like he's on his last legs.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:09 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
With the rumors of Ottawa looking at MAB, I wonder if they wouldn't be interested in Weber. Not as proven as MAB, but not as bad defensively either. Also has his whole career ahead of him while Bergeron is constantly looking like he's on his last legs.
Trading in division is rare unless you're Brian Burke trading with the Boston Bruins.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Trading in division is rare unless you're Brian Burke trading with the Boston Bruins.
They also gifted the Bruins Rask, but it wasn't Burke

Grabovski was gifted from us to them. It happens but it's rare

Old
02-20-2013, 01:40 PM
habsrock76

From a habs fan who's lived in Ottawa his whole life i can tell you that Alfie will never be traded regardless if the Sens fall out of the playoff race (which I dont think they will).

In terms of admiration by Sens fans he is the Ottawa equivalent of Maurice Richard, it would be a PR disaster if he was ever traded.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They also gifted the Bruins Rask, but it wasn't Burke

Grabovski was gifted from us to them. It happens but it's rare
We got a 2nd and a prospect back...hardly a "gift". Grabovsky was far from a lock to have a long NHL career.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
From a habs fan who's lived in Ottawa his whole life i can tell you that Alfie will never be traded regardless if the Sens fall out of the playoff race (which I dont think they will).

In terms of admiration by Sens fans he is the Ottawa equivalent of Maurice Richard, it would be a PR disaster if he was ever traded.
They said the same about Smyth in Edmonton and it was nothing.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Yep that's what I meant. I like our wingers alot but if we can find an upgrade for Gionta why not.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

It would be more like the Bourque situation. They would trade him *IF* he asked them to. I don't think Alfredsson will ask. But in the scenario where he felt like he wanted to go out with a Stanley Cup ring, then the Sens probably honour him so much that they'd actually go along with his wishes, even in the face of any PR backlash (although Sens fans too might be ok with it).

Old
02-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
Yep that's what I meant. I like our wingers alot but if we can find an upgrade for Gionta why not.
I would be all for that. It's just that your post suggested a defenseman for a forward swap. We already have too many forwards as it is when Nokia and Gally come back so a forward would have to go if we are to add one.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:06 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:

as former gatineau beach resident and part-time sens enthusiast, i get what your saying and agree, but even ray ****ing bourque was traded. i think i'd be a nice gift to trade him to a team like chicago. give him a legit chance at a cup again

Old
02-21-2013, 08:01 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

I hope Alfredsson ends his career with the Sens, lose or win makes no difference. He's a real gentleman and gentlemen don't put their own interests in front of their own team.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I hope Alfredsson ends his career with the Sens, lose or win makes no difference. He's a real gentleman and gentlemen don't put their own interests in front of their own team.
I disagree. I think he deserves to have 1 last good playoff run. Sens aren't going anywhere this year anyways, might as well get another good prosect or 1st round pick. Sens have a very bright future.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
same here and like I said in the trade section on the main boards I really don't understand why the Sens would give up in the 1st place, yes they lost Spezza and Karlsson but they have one of the hottest goalies in the league and a little trade here and there can get them in the top 8. They aren't bad enough IMO to finish really low and get a top pick so no point really. The Sens are a team that should be all over the possibility of picking up ROR from the Avs

Old
02-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We got a 2nd and a prospect back...hardly a "gift". Grabovsky was far from a lock to have a long NHL career.
Lang played what 3/4 of the season and Pateryn well i'm not so sure if he ever makes it so it was a steal by the Leafs especially considering the production the Leafs have got since acquiring the services of Grabovski. Please don't tell me you would make that deal over if you had the choice right now!

Closed Thread