HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Fantasy Discussion Thread Advance | Teams AVAILABLE | SEASON 3

Old
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
xVx Santillo

vCash: 500
Bluth Fantasy Discussion Thread Advance | Teams AVAILABLE | SEASON 3

Welcome to Bluth Fantasy, sister league of The Bluth Company

Below are the rules that I copied and pasted from The Bluth Company...
----------------------------------------------

RULES:
==========================================

-Game Schedule: 2 weeks=3 real days schedule, games will be played for 2 weeks, 3 real days, and then i will sim the 2nd 2 week, 3 real day period. This means that roughly half of our season will be involuntarily simmed. This will be done so we can fit in a few more seasons and hopefully play about 9-11 seasons instead of 4-6. It has become a great blend of being both a talented player, and intelligent GM. With this extra seasons that are now allowed, growing your prospects for the future is now equally as important as utilizing your current players to their full potential.

Playing Your Opponent's CPU: In Bluth Fantasy we have a 3 day sim period that covers 2 weeks of NHL Games. GMs have 2 days to schedule their games. On the 3rd day, ONLY if you have made a honest effort to schedule a game with your opponent, either through HF Boards messaging or Xbox, can you then play your opponent's computer.

Messaging your opponents: Message your opponents! Its an almost statistical certainty that if you message all of your opponents you will get all or most of your games in that block and it is a Requirment for League Participation

2) When you message your opponents, all you need to do is the following...

-Go to the 1st page of either this thread or the Trade/Lineup thread
-Click the HF Username of your opponent, its a hyperlink to their PM Box
-Send them a message that looks like this...

This is a league requirement. GMs not doing this will be subjected to other, active, GMs playing their team's CPU and/or be removed from the league due to inactivity. This is a League Rule because i automatically sim half of the season already. That is the amount of games i've decided is the appropriate blend of actual skill at the game vs skill of managing your team. When you dont play your games, and force me to sim them, you're adding to the amount of simmed games per season, which disrupts the "Balance" of Play Skill vs GM skill.

================================================== ==
DNF vs CPU: From now on, your DNF vs CPU is never allowed to be higher than 0%. If this happens, you'll be given 1 warning. After that warning, i'll kick you from the league again, resetting your DNF vs CPU back to 0%. If it goes above 0% again, you lose the privilege to play CPU games for the rest of the season. If your DNF vs CPU goes above 0% at any point after that, you'll lose the ability to play CPU games for as long as your in Sitwell Enterprises.
================================================== ==
TRADE RULES:

1. You are not allowed to trade your 1st round pick for 1 full season

2. I've been thinking about it and seeing how we had a draft and the core of every team is significantly different theres no point in having max trades BUT if any trade is deemed ridiculously UNFAIR and we get many complaints about it we will decline it

=================================================
Tanking: Any GM caught "Tanking" or trying to lose games on purpose, will be removed from the league, no questions asked.
=================================================
Additional Bluth Fantasy Rules: Effective Immediately

1) PLAYSTYLE: What is and Whats Not Allowed

Anything and everything is allowed in the Bluth Fantasy. Shortside dekes, backhand-forehands on the breakaway, rebound goals, tying people up on faceoffs, wrist shots from the slot, etc...

What is NOT ok with me is Excessive Use of anything mentioned above or anything not mentioned above. This league is about having fun. There aren't leaderboards, no Cash Prizes, no special recognition. Hell, even when you win the Stanley Cup the only thing you get are moderate bragging rights between 29 other people and one special post from the Commish congratulating you. This league is about having fun and doing any one sort of tactic over and over and over again takes away the fun from your opponent. If you're confused about this, just keep the word "Diversity" in your mind. Mix your playstyle up. Nobody should be scoring all of their goals from doing the same thing over and over again. Nobody should be attempting to be doing the same thing over and over again (even if it doesn't result in a goal). If you've scored two breakaway goals doing the same move, try something else next time you get on a breakaway. If you've scored a few goals from wristers in the slot already, mix it up and work in some one-timers and rebounds. DIVERSITY people!

I want GMs to enjoy playing their games. This league should be about having fun, not putting up as many goals as you can. NHL 13 has a lot of flaws so lets not make those flaws worse than they already are by playing like some top 100 VS player schmuck. Mix things up, try something new, have fun! Its a videogame afterall.

Backup Goalie Rule:

Effective immediately, All teams are required to start their backup goalie atleast 10 Games in the regular season. EA didn't take goalie fatigue into the equation and as it is now, its extremely easy to have your goalie start 82 games without consequence. Goalies can be put in during double advances or be used in actual games.

Failure to do this will cost a GM a 2nd round pick in the next draft.

Flipping Players:

Any player acquired via trade cannot be traded for 2 seasons AFTER they are acquired.

(Only exception to this rule is if they are a pending UFA, not RFA)

Backup Goaltender Rule:

Your starter cannot play in more than 72 regular season games. This is to ensure that GMs put some importance on a suitable backup just like the pros. Failure to abide by this rule will keep you out of free agency for that offseason.

Teams Open:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are AVAILABLE!

Last edited by xVx Santillo: 05-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.
xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
xVx Santillo

Last edited by xVx Santillo: 05-10-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
xVx Santillo

WESTERN CONFERENCE

HF USERNAME Team Trade Block
dbridge92 Trade Block
noexult Trade Block
AVAILABLE
DaGHeR Unavailable
jpereira89 Unavailable

Stockey Trade Block
Falco5 Trade Block
dimes Unavailable
lstoffel93 Unavailable
xVx santillo Trade Block

vReckiess Unavailable
JDinklage Morgoone Unavailable
matt1396 Trade Block
Sinurgy Unavailable
Jack De la Hoya Unavailable

Last edited by xVx Santillo: 05-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
xVx Santillo

Season 1 Standings and Awards

Old
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
xVx Santillo

Season 1 is now underway!

Enable your cpu and start messaging your opponents!

Good luck!

Old
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
TheFadedLine

Woooooooooooooo

TheFadedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

are amazing.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Price 89

Still don't got Demers. Wondering when ill get him gave countless offers. Even ridiculous ones and still nothing.

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:28 PM
matt1396

still don't have couture.... well at least I have Piets and Doughty as a pairing for one block haha, did SJ get the boot so we can trade with the cpu?

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
still don't have couture.... well at least I have Piets and Doughty as a pairing for one block haha, did SJ get the boot so we can trade with the cpu?
Yes, guys. Stated that in the previous thread.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:30 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Alright, here is some clarification since it seems a few people are not aware.

1. You must send a private message to each of your opponents to be eligible to play their CPU.
2. You must wait until the day of the advance to play a person's CPU only if you made an effort to contact them and they did not respond or give you any time to play.
3. You must not simulate a game. Always play the CPU if it comes to that.
4. You must have your CPU enabled so I don't have to boot you if you aren't active.

A GM accidentally simmed one of their games and wasn't aware of the rule. Make sure you are aware of these four points so we can have a productive and friendly league.

New contact information will hopefully be provided shortly in the OP, but in the meantime it shouldn't be hard to find a way to send a message to your opponents by a simple search.

Finally, advance will be Saturday at 9 P.M.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:31 AM
Gary83*

Injuries off is lame. What is the point of bodychecking?!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:41 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

Can't be undone now without starting all over again...

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:20 AM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Injuries off is lame. What is the point of bodychecking?!
The injuries were getting a bit out of hand in the other league... For instance, I had 6 main players out for my playoff series... when does that ever happen! Personally, I don't mind trying one league with injuries off. Nothing worse than spending 10 minutes re-doing your entire lineup everytime someone gets a minor injury. That lame way that EA loves to just random shuffle your lineup was a joke.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:44 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

with the double advances it is better with injuries off...as HaroldDruken mentions, the AI lineups when you have injured players blows

Old
02-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
with the double advances it is better with injuries off...as HaroldDruken mentions, the AI lineups when you have injured players blows
That's part of building your team. Yes, if you have 7 C's for your top nine the computer isn't going to determine who to put where, that's the risk you take when playing guys out of position.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
That's part of building your team. Yes, if you have 7 C's for your top nine the computer isn't going to determine who to put where, that's the risk you take when playing guys out of position.
Its a Fantasy league. This league is meant to be a more casual version of Bluth. We wanted injuries off in the beginning so this league can be more relaxed/fun. Not to mention, when 29 other teams have 7 chances to draft all of your depth on D/C/W it gets unrealistically difficult to manage that as a GM.

I'm sure we've all had our full of injuries in Bluth

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:14 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Its a Fantasy league. This league is meant to be a more casual version of Bluth. We wanted injuries off in the beginning so this league can be more relaxed/fun. Not to mention, when 29 other teams have 7 chances to draft all of your depth on D/C/W it gets unrealistically difficult to manage that as a GM.

I'm sure we've all had our full of injuries in Bluth
Oh wow. Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know that this was a Fantasy league in NHL13's GM Connected mode.

I just feel so silly.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:31 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Oh wow. Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know that this was a Fantasy league in NHL13's GM Connected mode.

I just feel so silly.
I dont want Letang!

Old
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I dont want Letang!

The ********* is strong within this one.

Look forward to beating you again.

And again

And again. Didn't even need Letang to do it either, but god forbid someone be annoyed when they're the only person to have their 1st round pick picked for them after a whopping twenty minute wait time. amirite?

Old
02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Alright, here is some clarification since it seems a few people are not aware.

1. You must send a private message to each of your opponents to be eligible to play their CPU.
2. You must wait until the day of the advance to play a person's CPU only if you made an effort to contact them and they did not respond or give you any time to play.
3. You must not simulate a game. Always play the CPU if it comes to that.
4. You must have your CPU enabled so I don't have to boot you if you aren't active.

A GM accidentally simmed one of their games and wasn't aware of the rule. Make sure you are aware of these four points so we can have a productive and friendly league.

New contact information will hopefully be provided shortly in the OP, but in the meantime it shouldn't be hard to find a way to send a message to your opponents by a simple search.

Finally, advance will be Saturday at 9 P.M.
PLEASE PLEASE follow the rules guys! they aren't hard to follow!

Thanks to ArGar I finally updated the contact information

Old
02-21-2013, 10:02 AM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
PLEASE PLEASE follow the rules guys! they aren't hard to follow!

Thanks to ArGar I finally updated the contact information
Should we also specify to not play the CPU until closer to the actual advance time?

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
The ********* is strong within this one.

Look forward to beating you again.

And again

And again. Didn't even need Letang to do it either, but god forbid someone be annoyed when they're the only person to have their 1st round pick picked for them after a whopping twenty minute wait time. amirite?
Kidding Gary! I was really, REALLY happy to have you in my division though.

On topic, injuries off should be interesting. Like i said earlier, having 29 other teams pick apart your depth makes it hard to manage a team with tons of injuries. We already have Bluth where as a GM you have to make smart decisions due to injuries.

Just sit back and enjoy this league. It'll be fun playing with guys all 82 games

Old
02-21-2013, 10:18 AM
xX Hot Fuss

From the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
How wonderful! ea just came out with another update to increase overalls of young players that stayed in the NHL.. http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...-roster-update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
wtf!!!!! Restart! why did they have to go and do that.... Grigorenko 71! gally 79!!!!! yak 79!!!
No ****ing way I/anyone else is accepting 210+ trades again. You've all waited long enough to get your teams ready. Time for games.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:43 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
Should we also specify to not play the CPU until closer to the actual advance time?
I believe this is needed, seems someone has played my cpu at least, sinurgy(Phoenix)...