HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Tambo, the obvious truth is before you...

Old
02-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Honestly I was hoping for a little stronger showing from Petry this year. I think he's slipped a bit since his peak last season.
Probably shouldn't have cut his hair
I don't know why it's not being said more often but we're 15 games into a year with no preseason and the season started over 4 months after it should have. It's really not suprising that guys who weren't playing like Petry have started a little slow, although he's still passing the puck very very well IMO. Petry will be fine.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I keep saying it but it bears repeating: Youth is not a detriment in this league any longer. The vast majority of the National Hockey League's best players are between 20 and 26, 27 years of age.

The Oilers' roster is very one-dimensional and has a tonne of deficiencies and it's holding them back from taking the next step. The lack of size, specifically at the centre position, being the primary problem.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:10 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Just for some reference, the top 3 scoring teams in the West are the Blackhawks, Ducks, and Blues. Here are scoring stats of their top 6 forwards.

Chicago: 16 games, 35 goals, 79 points
Anaheim: 15 games, 26 goals, 75 points
St Louis: 17 games, 35 goals, 75 points

We rank near the bottom of the conference in goals but here are the stats of our top 6.

Edmonton: 15 games: 26 goals, 69 points

For a tiny top 6 that gets pushed around all the time, they seem to be producing just fine. I think the lack of production from our bottom 6 and our dmen is clearly the problem. We should look to fix those areas before we try get bigger in our top 6.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I keep saying it but it bears repeating: Youth is not a detriment in this league any longer. The vast majority of the National Hockey League's best players are between 20 and 26, 27 years of age.

The Oilers' roster is very one-dimensional and has a tonne of deficiencies and it's holding them back from taking the next step. The lack of size, specifically at the centre position, being the primary problem.
Size/grit, lack of offense from the bottom 6 and D, and playing one or more of Whitney and Potter on any given night IMO is what ails us. I'm liking what Paajarvi has been bringing to the table, same for Eager and Belanger (minus Belanger's continual lack of offense). Smyth minus his game after being scratched and Hartikainen have left a lot to be desired of late. We need some offense every now and then from the lower lines to put us up a goal so that we aren't always chasing the lead. Petry needs to get his offense going, Whitney needs to be better while he's here, hell Potter could do better in that regard as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Just for some reference, the top 3 scoring teams in the West are the Blackhawks, Ducks, and Blues. Here are scoring stats of their top 6 forwards.

Chicago: 16 games, 35 goals, 79 points
Anaheim: 15 games, 26 goals, 75 points
St Louis: 17 games, 35 goals, 75 points

We rank near the bottom of the conference in goals but here are the stats of our top 6.

Edmonton: 15 games: 26 goals, 69 points

For a tiny top 6 that gets pushed around all the time, they seem to be producing just fine. I think the lack of production from our bottom 6 and our dmen is clearly the problem. We should look to fix those areas before we try get bigger in our top 6.
While I agree that those issues need to be addressed, I still think that adding some size to our top 6 would cure a lot of what ails us.

02-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Size/grit, lack of offense from the bottom 6 and D, and playing one or more of Whitney and Potter on any given night IMO is what ails us. I'm liking what Paajarvi has been bringing to the table, same for Eager and Belanger (minus Belanger's continual lack of offense). Smyth minus his game after being scratched and Hartikainen have left a lot to be desired of late. We need some offense every now and then from the lower lines to put us up a goal so that we aren't always chasing the lead. Petry needs to get his offense going, Whitney needs to be better while he's here, hell Potter could do better in that regard as well.

While I agree that those issues need to be addressed, I still think that adding some size to our top 6 would cure a lot of what ails us.
I want to get bigger in the top 6 as well, but I don't want to downgrade our skill just to get bigger, when improvements can be made in other areas first. Replacing Whitney with a good dman that can play on the 2nd PP unit would make a huge difference for this team I think.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:37 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
I want to get bigger in the top 6 as well, but I don't want to downgrade our skill just to get bigger, when improvements can be made in other areas first. Replacing Whitney with a good dman that can play on the 2nd PP unit would make a huge difference for this team I think.
If we're going that route then we may as well add another player that can provide some offense to the bottom 6 or do you think that Jones' return takes care of that?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
What I think most of us are failing to recognize is, besides the San Jose game couple of weeks ago, we've been in pretty much every game. Our goaltending has been, IMO, better than expected. Hemsky and Gagner have both justified their positions with the team with real bounce back seasons so far.

I see the real problem as predictability. What I mean is that these young guys are so damn fast that they push the play too hard or, at times, over pursue. You can't depend on all your offence coming off the rush. Drive deep, pull up, find trailers! There are too many one on one, one on two speed rushes to create the offence 5 on 5. While its fun to watch Hall, Ebs etc... rush the puck hard to the net, it's low percentage play.

If the opposing team clogs the neutral zone, turn back, reload or dump the puck with speed hard on he opposing wings! When you can carry the zone, drive deep hard (with speed) and pull up looking for trailers and support! Our teams speed is intimidating and drives opposition defence into collapsing which should open up the top of the zone.

Would I like to have more size in the top 6? Yes. At the expense of the creativity and skill? No.

The young forwards need to be less predictable. Dump, drive deep, straight line speed, agility in tight to draw penalties... they are too focused on stretch pass, speed, one on one, shoot, save.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
If we're going that route then we may as well add another player that can provide some offense to the bottom 6 or do you think that Jones' return takes care of that?
Jones will help a lot and I think Paajarvi will be able to contribute in that role as well. I always thought he kind of sucked, but he has shown great signs this year. I think with their speed, those 2 could make for a good 3rd line if we can find a center fast enough to keep up with them.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:26 AM
OiledUp

Quote:

I'd say very few of the leagues best players are 20-21.

Erik Karlsson is the youngest of the stars in the league, he's 22. Toews and Kane are 24. Sid is 25. Malkin is 26. Stamkos is 23. Pietrangelo is 23. Weber is 27. Doughty, 23. Giroux, 25. Ovechkin, 27.

Guys like Vanek, 29, Datsyuk, 34, Zetterberg 32, Sedins, 32, Chara, 35, Kovalchuk, 29, Thornton, 34, St Louis, 37 are still top names.

Tavares, Hedman, Duchene are all 22 and are starting to find their games this season, Tavares has always been putting up points, much like our youngsters, but this season is the first I start to see a really good player and he still got flaws he needs to work out before I'd call him one of the leagues best players. Hedman is starting to really break out this season, so does Duchene.

I'd say Oliver Ekman Larsson is the best 21 year old in the league and ofcourse there are guys in that age who are real good but to say a vast majority of the best players are found in the ages 20-27 is skewing the stats a bit.

To me it seems that most young top players start to truly break out around season 3-4.
Erik Karlsson who's had an extreme development broke out last season, his third, the year before he put up good numbers but was -30(!) and horrible in his own zone.

We tend to look to much at points when we value how good a player is, a lot of young players put up points without substance, I'd say that's the case with our youngsters and still somewhat the case with Tavares. A good player is a player who makes sure his team is winning.
Our young players still haven't gotten to the level where they can lead a team to wins. They put up good offensive numbers, but they don't take charge, they don't control games, they don't turn it up when needed. That's what players with slightly more experience can do. Our guys couldn't even lead a team in the AHL to becoming a winning team despite putting up great numbers. They still have ways to go.

And our veterans just aren't good enough to lead the team.

Still I think we're slowly improving and it's way to early to panic despite this team being really frustrating at times. It's tough losing all the time but I'm ok with a 9-11 finish in the west this season. Next season is when I'd say we need to be in he playoffs.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:33 AM
OiledUp

Quote:
This. I don't mind adding size. But first we need an upgrade in other areas. A good d-man and a third line center who can provide even the slightest of offense would be my first issues.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiledUp View Post
This. I don't mind adding size. But first we need an upgrade in other areas. A good d-man and a third line center who can provide even the slightest of offense would be my first issues.
well this is the catch 22. you are going to need to sacrifice some of the skill in order to get more size in the top 9. hopefully, hemsky will be enough, but it could, quite probably, take Gagner as well. I would not sacrifice Yakupov for at least a couple of years and see how every shakes down.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
well this is the catch 22. you are going to need to sacrifice some of the skill in order to get more size in the top 9. hopefully, hemsky will be enough, but it could, quite probably, take Gagner as well. I would not sacrifice Yakupov for at least a couple of years and see how every shakes down.
Why does it have to require a sacrifice of a roster player? What was the point of stockpiling prospects for the past few years if not to have options for trade? I keep saying it, but it's true: the kind of trades people here are talking about making just don't happen in today's NHL unless there's some kind of extenuating circumstance.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:
Horcoff (cap hit $5.5 million), and Smyth (cap hit $2.25 million) are the two bottom six forwards on this hockey team that should be supplying offence, but aren't.

Season is 33% over and they have 2 goals and 6 points between them, even though they get PP time with terrific young players, on one of the best powerplays in the NHL.

Don't we have this conversation about Horcoff every year for the past 4 seasons or so? Doesn't he crap the bed offensively, or get injured, every year?

... and Smyth makes Horcoff look good.

I don't like the phrase "add another player". How about we "subtract the crap" we have, and then go out and get some UFA players in their physical primes and insert them into our bottom six. We could easily add 3 just using the cap space we would save after amnesty buyouts on Horcoff and Smyth.

Last edited by Red Deer Rebel: 02-21-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Red Deer Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:36 AM
27theROCK

I think we are making this a bigger problem than we have.

Our top 6 is scoring and creating chances and it will come together.

The problem we have is the bottom 6 and D. Look at that bottom 6 forward group, it is a group that doesn't scare anyone. Not one team comes in and is worried about even getting so much as a bump. Ben Eager is the only players that will hit and fight.
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Petrell/PRV/Harti

Look at the teams we compare ourselves too all the time and the guys they have that bang and crash:

Chicago - Shaw, Bolland, Bickell, Carcillo, Bollig, Kruger
Wings - Abdelkader, Tootoo, Franzen, Cleary
Pens - Cooke, Glass, Sutter, Neal, Kunitz

On top of this they have very physical bluelines.

Looking at the other teams in the league it is even worse comparing to what we have.

Montreal was in a similar position but the last 2 years they added and now have grit like: Moen, Prust, Pcioretty, Armstrong, Cole, Gallager is a rookie who crashes and even Eller is surprisingly physical.

Maple Leafs whole culture changed adding some very physical players and bringing back Orr.

To me this is when a GM makes his worth. We have the top 6 and the talent, we have some solid farm team now what. Where is us turning that into a team?

27theROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Why does it have to require a sacrifice of a roster player? What was the point of stockpiling prospects for the past few years if not to have options for trade? I keep saying it, but it's true: the kind of trades people here are talking about making just don't happen in today's NHL unless there's some kind of extenuating circumstance.
I mentioned in another thread possibly OSing ROR if we believe that Gagner is an adequate 2C going forward, it'd be hard to give up that 1st round pick for sure, but it would give us an elite 3C and it would tell the team that we are giving them help because we believe they can win, this is something that IMO management has yet to do in the rebuild and maybe some of the players are waiting for a sign from management that they are serious about winning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Horcoff (cap hit $5.5 million), and Smyth (cap hit $2.25 million) are the two bottom six forwards on this hockey team that should be supplying offence, but aren't.

Season is 33% over and they have 2 goals and 6 points between them, even though they get PP time with terrific young players, on one of the best powerplays in the NHL.

Don't we have this conversation about Horcoff every year for the past 4 seasons or so? Doesn't he crap the bed offensively, or get injured, every year?

... and Smyth makes Horcoff look good.

I don't like the phrase "add another player". How about we "subtract the crap" we have, and then go out and get some UFA players in their physical primes and insert them into our bottom six. We could easily add 3 just using the cap space we would save after amnesty buyouts on Horcoff and Smyth.
To be fair Horc has been hurt for awhile but I can't disagree with you. Eager isn't paid to score, Belanger like Smyth has lost his touch but at least provides other intangibles, Petrell has a good shot but that's about it, Paajarvi and Harski are still trying to learn how to be effective at this level, etc. I hope that Tambo and the Oilers pro scouting staff have a bunch of players in mind and are feverishly trying to acquire some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27theROCK View Post
I think we are making this a bigger problem than we have.

Our top 6 is scoring and creating chances and it will come together.

The problem we have is the bottom 6 and D. Look at that bottom 6 forward group, it is a group that doesn't scare anyone. Not one team comes in and is worried about even getting so much as a bump. Ben Eager is the only players that will hit and fight.
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Eager - Belanger - Petrell/PRV/Harti

Look at the teams we compare ourselves too all the time and the guys they have that bang and crash:

Chicago - Shaw, Bolland, Bickell, Carcillo, Bollig, Kruger
Wings - Abdelkader, Tootoo, Franzen, Cleary
Pens - Cooke, Glass, Sutter, Neal, Kunitz

On top of this they have very physical bluelines.

Looking at the other teams in the league it is even worse comparing to what we have.

Montreal was in a similar position but the last 2 years they added and now have grit like: Moen, Prust, Pcioretty, Armstrong, Cole, Gallager is a rookie who crashes and even Eller is surprisingly physical.

Maple Leafs whole culture changed adding some very physical players and bringing back Orr.

To me this is when a GM makes his worth. We have the top 6 and the talent, we have some solid farm team now what. Where is us turning that into a team?
IMO this is a much better team with a really good 3C and another banger on the 4th line. Another center that has some offensive instincts would do a world of good for guys like Paajarvi, Harski, and Jones. However unless we are doing our shopping via free agency what are we going to move to acquire that 3C? Picks, Kelfbom, and Marincin seems to be our best trading chips.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Fat Jughead

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
I think Kreuger is trying to achieve this. It employs strong defensive gap coverage, puck support and deep back check by the forwards. Personally i think our forwards get better touches and more touches working the transition in this manner. Reminds me of the Oilers of the 80s where most breakouts would have every player touch the puck with not a lot of gap between players. I also bbelieve our players are now comfortable with the system (i think they have only had 4 practices this year since puck drop thanks to the new rest day rule) and you can see pretty clearly who relieed on having a great pass rather than ability to actually defend.
Yessir. And above all else, the most important thing it does in this day and age, is it keeps your blue line pretty cheap

Really eliminates the need to go out and splash around cash you can't spend when you just eliminate the need for that type of defenseman altogether. Aside from the Dougie, the B's are remarkably unskilled back there Frustrating at times, but the system is there to help them out. They're all excellent, physical, defensive defenseman, which is all we need them to be. It's an old cliche, but it really is just about playing their role, and not trying to do too much.

Center ice is where teams are loading up now. I hope you guys take a real good run at Getzlaf. I think the trickle down effect throughout your forward lines would be immense. Enough drafting and waiting. The talent is already there, so part with some high end picks (which you likely won't be able to afford soon anyway) and bring in some leadership. I think you guys just need 1 top line veteran center, a top pair blue liner who plays a meat n taters style defensive game, and a couple bangers who can skate with the top 6, stand in front, and punch people in the face when they have to (Ben Eager?) Basically, 2 or 3 guys to come in, take this team by the scruff, and show em what it takes to win. This team is too young and too good to be rudderless.

Last edited by Fat Jughead: 02-21-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Fat Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Master Lok

Quote:

Sorry thats just an outright myth.

Name the 20 year old dominant players in the league please.

Unless you're suggesting that RNH, Hall and Yakupov is as good as they're going to get, and they won't improve.

Good lord people where do you come up with the ideas.

Quote:
Size/grit, lack of offense from the bottom 6 and D, and playing one or more of Whitney and Potter on any given night IMO is what ails us. I'm liking what Paajarvi has been bringing to the table, same for Eager and Belanger (minus Belanger's continual lack of offense). Smyth minus his game after being scratched and Hartikainen have left a lot to be desired of late. We need some offense every now and then from the lower lines to put us up a goal so that we aren't always chasing the lead.

Sorry BBO, nope not correct either. We're not losing games because our bottom six isn't scoring enough. Unless you're suggesting that our top line is scoring enough for the team to win? They're not.

Look, what I see in this thread is a lot of myths and personal biases as to what the team "should look like" as cures for what ails the Oilers.

Its not because the Oilers aren't big enough. Its not because of Horcoff (you guys know he's injured right?). Its not because the bottom six isn't scoring.

To know the answer - what is the Oilers bottom in the league right now?

Even strength scoring. Krueger is matching our top two lines against others top two lines, and they're getting munched at even strength.

The fact that our top line isn't good enough RIGHT NOW. As much as you adore Hall, RNH and Eberle - they're simply not good enough to outplay Thornton, Marleau and the Sedins.

Our second line isn't good enough to beat other teams second lines.

You can make all the trades you want in the bottom six, it simply isn't going to matter. We have to wait for the kids to develop. RNH is going to get better. So will Yakupov, Hall and Eberle.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:
To be fair Horc has been hurt for awhile but I can't disagree with you. Eager isn't paid to score, Belanger like Smyth has lost his touch but at least provides other intangibles, Petrell has a good shot but that's about it, Paajarvi and Harski are still trying to learn how to be effective at this level, etc. I hope that Tambo and the Oilers pro scouting staff have a bunch of players in mind and are feverishly trying to acquire some of them.
He has zero even-strength points this year, and has provided piddling amounts of even-strength offence during the entirety of his current 6 year, 33 million contract. This is not a recent phenomena and injuries are not the issue - lack of skill is.

Horcoff has the highest cap hit on the team to this day, and will continue to have the third highest cap hit for the last 2 years of his mammoth deal.

Until this year, Horcoff has always started in the top 6 as well, and played with our best offensive players - including Hall and Eberle 2 seasons ago.

My point is a simple one, if your best-paid players aren't your best-producing players, you need to move that player and get a more productive player into that ice time. Efficiency requires it, as we get closer to the cap.

Defensively, we are not a bad hockey team. Our special teams are very good - with or without Horcoff. We are losing games and will miss the playoffs this year because of a lack of even-strength scoring. There are several problems on this roster, but Mr. Horcoff and Mr. Smyth are two of the biggest ones. Fortunately, the resolution to this problem is easy, so long as our management makes a hockey decision, not a business decision, or a 'suck-up to the fans' decision.

Get rid of the players who are paid to produce, but aren't, and replace them with productive players.

Last edited by Red Deer Rebel: 02-21-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old
02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Sorry BBO, nope not correct either. We're not losing games because our bottom six isn't scoring enough. Unless you're suggesting that our top line is scoring enough for the team to win? They're not.

Look, what I see in this thread is a lot of myths and personal biases as to what the team "should look like" as cures for what ails the Oilers.

Its not because the Oilers aren't big enough. Its not because of Horcoff (you guys know he's injured right?). Its not because the bottom six isn't scoring.

Even strength scoring. Krueger is matching our top two lines against others top two lines, and they're getting munched at even strength.

The fact that our top line isn't good enough RIGHT NOW. As much as you adore Hall, RNH and Eberle - they're simply not good enough to outplay Thornton, Marleau and the Sedins.

You can make all the trades you want in the bottom six, it simply isn't going to matter. We have to wait for the kids to develop. RNH is going to get better. So will Yakupov, Hall and Eberle.
Oh my god, thank you. Bottom 6 scoring is vastly overrated. Look at Chicago. Their entire bottom 6 have just a few more points put together as Patrick Kane has alone. Teams in this league live or die by the top six and we have a group that is 5/6ths under the age of 24. Probably the youngest Top 6 in the whole league, getting their first taste of tough competition. Adding some knuckle dragger to the third line isn't going to help them one bit.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:
If they were getting "munched" at even strength, they would all have bad +/- numbers, which they don't. In fact, they play the other team's best players roughly even, in addition to being prolific at scoring on the PP, which is pretty much carrying the team at this point.

Check out Horcoff's stats over the last 3 seasons if you want an example of a player getting "munched" at even strength.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
If they were getting "munched" at even strength, they would all have bad +/- numbers, which they don't. In fact, they play the other team's best players roughly even, in addition to being prolific at scoring on the PP, which is pretty much carrying the team at this point.

Check out Horcoff's stats over the last 3 seasons if you want an example of a player getting "munched" at even strength.
Come now we all know he has been sheltering everyone on the team by playing all the tough minutes while all the rest of the forwards on the team get butter soft minutes.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Master Lok

Quote:

What does Horcoffs stats over the last 3 seasons matters for the oilers slump right now?

You could dump Horcoff or waive him right now and it MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Its not going to make RNH, Hall and Eberle score any more.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Come now we all know he has been sheltering everyone on the team by playing all the tough minutes while all the rest of the forwards on the team get butter soft minutes.

Horcoff was playing the tough minutes in previous years, and getting eaten up for it.

So.... how is the Oilers first line looking right now with tougher minutes?

Old
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:
What does Horcoffs stats over the last 3 seasons matters for the oilers slump right now?

You could dump Horcoff or waive him right now and it MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Its not going to make RNH, Hall and Eberle score any more.
Disagree. If we had two productive players in their primes on the third line, instead of (i) a chronically injured, non-producer who puts up almost no offence, and (ii) a worn out 37 year old fan favorite who is here for non-hockey reasons, maybe the team would have some secondary scoring, which would make A BIG DIFFERENCE.

When we had a 4th line of Brodziak, Glencross, and Stortini putting the puck in the net, it changed the fortunes of a middling team, and we almost made the playoffs.

You're the one who claimed RNH, Eberle, and Hall are getting "munched". It's total nonsense. They've had some bad shifts, and even a bad game here and there, but generally, they have the puck, and outshoot, outchance, and outplay whoever they are matched up against. The statistics and visual evidence is completely clear on this.

Gagner and Hemsky are also getting the job done.

It's the chronic non-producers on this team who need to be gone, and with the amnesty buyout provisions, there is no reason it cannot finally happen this summer.

Upgrading the crap area of the roster is the approach we should take, rather than inventing problems with the only players on this team WHO ARE IN FACT PULLING THEIR WEIGHT.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:03 PM
AM

Quote:
Sorry thats just an outright myth.

Name the 20 year old dominant players in the league please.

Unless you're suggesting that RNH, Hall and Yakupov is as good as they're going to get, and they won't improve.

Good lord people where do you come up with the ideas.

Yup,

funny that Hfboards thinks its the bottom 6, who arnt seeing any icetime, or players who are injured.

Our defene is spotty and our top lines arent good defencively.

Not hard to see the problem.

AM is offline   Reply With Quote