HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester expected to net the Flames a "hefty" return

Old
02-21-2013, 07:51 AM
saillias

vCash: 50
I think Flames should look at unloading Iginla, Tanguay, Cammalleri first but whatever. Get rid of the whole core.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:58 AM
madmike77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
I think Flames should look at unloading Iginla, Tanguay, Cammalleri first but whatever. Get rid of the whole core.
Odds of this happening are next to zero. This same conversation has gone on for years.

Although this year it looks like they may bottom out sooner, so there's always a chance....

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
It's not going to be very easy.

I still don't understand the decisions they made in the off season signing Hudler and Wideman, they should have begun the rebuilding process last summer

They're not just going to trade guys like Cammalleri and Tanguay for 2nd round picks and a lower ranked prospect, doesn't make much sense.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Robert Theodorson

Send him back to Florida, him and Brian Campbell can play 25-30 minutes a piece.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Send him back to Florida, him and Brian Campbell can play 25-30 minutes a piece.
I would think the Flyers would be interested but would depend on the return. Not sure about their cap situation

Old
02-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
He's also very good defensively, skates the puck quickly out of danger, and makes a great stretch pass. Oh yeah, and he hardly ever gets injured. Did I mention he also plays 25+ minutes a night?

These guys don't exactly grow on trees.
You must've been a Panther fan back when, sound just likes his defenders back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Ridiculous that people are discounting him. He's been playing great this year. Most of these people who think he couldn't get a first and a decent prospect are dreaming.

The only problem is in order to trade Bouwmeester they have to either admit defeat and rebuild or continue on with this charade.

If they trade him for picks/prospects it will be seen as the start of a rebuild.
But if they trade him for a late 20's/30 year old forward then wow what a waste of an asset. Which makes me believe that they won't trade him because I don't think Calgary will admit that they are sellers.
GMs know who Bouw is. He could fetch a 1st and a prospect, all that's in the op? Nope.

02-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Horseradish

I hope they ship him out for Jack Johnson. That would make my next decade of watching hockey, I think!

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:27 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Did you say "Gord Miller"?

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I would think the Flyers would be interested but would depend on the return. Not sure about their cap situation
I honestly think the Flyers would be interested in him around the deadline.

It's hard to judge his value, but if Homer gave up 2 1st, prospect, and a young roster player I would hate the deal.

I could see the Flyers doing something like 1st, Gus, and 4th rounder or something like that if we are in contention at the deadline. The Flyer will have played 19 games after tonight, so we have to wait and see if the teams below them in the standings catch up a little before we are thrown into contention. Also the teams ahead of us of course too.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:30 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I could see him getting a return similar to Kaberle. A decent top-six prospect (maybe a struggling former first rounder like Colborne), plus a 1st and a conditional 2nd.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Osgood As It Gets
The Underdog

vCash: 651
Bouwmeester for Kindl, Nyquist and a 1st in 2014.

Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I could see him getting a return similar to Kaberle. A decent top-six prospect (maybe a struggling former first rounder like Colborne), plus a 1st and a conditional 2nd.
I think he would get a little more than Kaberle, but not a whole lot. Not going to get the huge ransom mentioned in the OP.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:36 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Seems like the word "if" should be in the thread title. I came here thinking he was being shopped.

Anyway..........he appears to have a no trade clause?

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SpezDispenser

I hope he garners a huge return from an Eastern team not named Ottawa. Shoot for the moon!

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
birddog*

Quote:
I don't know how many of you caught this, but on tonight's Kings/Flames broadcast on TSN, Gord Miller mentioned that if the Flames were to put Jay Bouwmeester on the trading block, he would net the Flames a "substantial" return, especially as we get closer to the trade deadline.

Bouwmeester's having his best season as a Flame. He's still relatively young, only has 1 year remaining on his contract, and eats up minutes like crazy! The demand for puck-moving defencemen is also sky high.

Expect the Flames to get back at least one (maybe two) 1st round draft picks, a blue chip prospect, plus a young roster player! And then wait till the rest of the guys (Iginla, Kiprusoff, Tanguay, Cammalleri, etc.) get put on the block!

My mouth is already starting to water.
If that's the case -- now is the time to move him. I'd also move Tanguay, Cammalleri etc. Any 'B' players.

Kipper would have to be a good return -- even on a rebuilding team a veteran goalie is good to have around.

Iginla I would not move. I believe in tradition and he should stay and retire a Flame. His leadership can help a young club.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KeziaTML

vCash: 279
So essentially he is going to Toronto for Mike Brown, Joe Colborne and a 2nd?

KeziaTML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
MauDevils

2009 this is not. He's turning 30 this year and hasn't even put up a 5g+ or 30+ point year in his last 3 seasons.

MauDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:46 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Holmgren in Philly LOooooooves Bouwmeester, so....
They have zero cap space tho, dont they? I dont see how they could make it work, although im not 100% sure of the cap space in deals since the new CBA

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
They have zero cap space tho, dont they? I dont see how they could make it work, although im not 100% sure of the cap space in deals since the new CBA
We would have to LTIR Pronger and Walker to make it work. That is if we are not moving any roster players. There wouldn't need to be any salary retained though.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Mats86

Quote:
I don't know how many of you caught this, but on tonight's Kings/Flames broadcast on TSN, Gord Miller mentioned that if the Flames were to put Jay Bouwmeester on the trading block, he would net the Flames a "substantial" return, especially as we get closer to the trade deadline.

Bouwmeester's having his best season as a Flame. He's still relatively young, only has 1 year remaining on his contract, and eats up minutes like crazy! The demand for puck-moving defencemen is also sky high.

Expect the Flames to get back at least one (maybe two) 1st round draft picks, a blue chip prospect, plus a young roster player! And then wait till the rest of the guys (Iginla, Kiprusoff, Tanguay, Cammalleri, etc.) get put on the block!

My mouth is already starting to water.
Sounds like you over zealous. Generally its a package teams get for top players at the deadline. Usually a bottom six forward, late first round pick and a decent prospect but not top one. With cap declining teams aren't fierce like before to deal off their future for large caphits.

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:01 AM
mohare

The only 'hefty' return Bouwmeester would get is in hefty, bloated contracts coming back to offset his.

Every time a Leafs player moans that Phaneuf is the most overpaid D in the league they should remember Bouwmeester makes more than him.

Let's remember what the Leaf's gave up to get Phaneuf... spare parts. I doubt anyone would give up much more than that to get Bouwmeester.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:02 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Expect to be disappointed...

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguars Fan View Post
Boomhauer for Couturier + Pick

Bouwmeester
YES!!!!!!!

Give this man the gold in the world and all of the finest biatches with the bodacious bosoms...a Boomhauer reference deserves it.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Expect to be disappointed...
which is always the case when a trade is made

Old