HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zack Kassian Appreciation Thread: Cody Who?

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
How long has it been since Kesler ever had real good chemistry with anyone?
Last night.

Raymond set him up for 3 grade A scoring chances.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Last night.

Raymond set him up for 3 grade A scoring chances.
Danny - Hank - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen (Kassian if Hansen is suspended)
Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian/Weise (Until Kass finds his game again)

Should be our lineup for the next bit. The Amex line had success, Schroeder has great chemistry with Raymond and Hansen. We need that third line to keep producing like they are and breaking them up isn't the best idea, they're on a roll.

Kass needs to take a breather and get his game back together. He was on a tear at the start of the season but he's trailed off, the short season probably has a bit to do with it, what with all the games being played.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
I'm not going to say Kass had a great game last night, but for the first period and a half it seemed like he was the only Canuck that showed up. Then I hear people saying he got some shifts with the Sedins and looked good(Which is during the period of time I missed.) So in 10 mins of ice time it seemed to me he had a pretty good game all things considered.

He really shouldn't have scored so much in a row, people are expecting too much.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Fat Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen (Kassian if Hansen is suspended)
It's a phone hearing so no suspension.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:13 PM
croutonsinmysalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
You can still suspend a person via phone.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
The only thing a phone hearing means is that he's getting less than 5 games (or whatever the cut off was).

Old
02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Phone hearings are max 5 game suspensions.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
They should have Schneider answer the phone to play a prank.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Fat Tony

Is that a change or was I always wrong?

Edit-wrong all along.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
They should have Schneider answer the phone to play a prank.
Maybe he'll imitate a little bit of Jannik Hansen?

Old
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
StringerBell

@BradZiemer

Quote:
Kassian on his recent struggles: "I hope you guys weren't thinking I was going to score 48 goals." #Canucks

Old
02-20-2013, 04:52 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
@BradZiemer
Kass makes me smile all day errday.

The poor guy hasn't had any consistent linemates since Burrows got put back with the twins, and I'm not really sure why people are expecting him to produce with the fourth line of Weise and Lapierre.

I rewatched the Sharp goal again and actually Kassian was the only player taking his assigned man, making the right play and finishing his check.

I want Kesler to be forced to use his line mates. He has 2 2nd liners (Kassian, Booth) now so he better start utilizing them. The excuse was there with Bad Raymond and Broken Samuelsson but come on.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:16 AM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
You're saying the Sedins make Kassian look better than Volpatti and Weise/Lapierre?

Stop the presses.
Let me clarify: the Sedins made him look like the player he can be. His effort level is higher when he's with them. If Kesler doesn't hog the puck I could see Kassian putting in his best effort all the time on that line. Hopefully early returns don't mean that we're going to see last year's Kesler again, but I think there's a reason why he looks like he is trying with the Sedins and not in his brief 2nd line stint.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Kassian needs to playing with his Sedins. He fits them like a glove and everyone makes everyone better when they're playing together. Also, it's ultimately his destiny to playing on the first line with them so better to get the growing pains of that line out of the way now than wait for it down the road.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:56 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

Kassian needs to get involved, throw some hits, smack somebody around, fight somebody! He had 2 fights early in the season, threw hits, and scored goals! since then he's done none of those 3 things. He's a typical power forward, if he's not physically involved he is not going to produce.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Jeez he had a seperated shoulder and never even brought it up as an excuse for poor play at the end of the season. Pretty good sign. Burrows, Kesler, Bieksa and the Sedins never talk about their injuries either. Never use it as an excuse even when it is a big reason for poor performance. If true it is a good sign that Kassian accepts responsiblity and does not feel the need to protect his ego.

Come on, now. Kesler says he won't talk about any excuses, and then his agent has faxed copies of xrays and MRI reports and doctor's notes and Kesler's diary entries to every reporter in Vancouver within 12 hours.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Kassian needs to playing with his Sedins. He fits them like a glove and everyone makes everyone better when they're playing together. Also, it's ultimately his destiny to playing on the first line with them so better to get the growing pains of that line out of the way now than wait for it down the road.
Disagree completely. Burrows is much better there and Kassian has bee nwoefully inconsistent.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:12 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Disagree completely. Burrows is much better there and Kassian has been woefully inconsistent.
He's been consistent in more then 50% of our games played. How high are expectations? I don't think Hodgson has even been good in 50% of his games.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

After watching Kassian last year, I wasn't very high on him at all. I figured he might end up being a third liner at best. I just didn't think he had the hockey IQ to be anything more than that.

Even though he's cooled off in the points department lately, and has the occasional lazy tendencies, what I've seen from him this year makes me a believer. Sometimes when you look at him it's hard to remember how young he still is. By the time he's 25 this guy is going to be a beast. We just need to be patient with his development.

Old
02-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Even though he's cooled off in the points department lately, and has the occasional lazy tendencies, what I've seen from him this year makes me a believer. Sometimes when you look at him it's hard to remember how young he still is. By the time he's 25 this guy is going to be a beast. We just need to be patient with his development.
That's because he looks like he's in his late 30's.

Kassian is probably at least 2 years away from being someone you can rely on in the top 6, but he's definately shown enough flashes to make me think he'll get there in time.

It's scary to think how tough he's going to be in 5 years. The only guys that will want to fight him are going to be the 230lb+ enforcers.

I just hope we get to see him and Iginla drop the gloves before all is said and done. Iginla's been a world class spot-picker up until this point by going after the Kesler, Ohlund, Burrows, Mitchell's etc. of the team and it would nice to see him fight someone in his class for once. For Iginla's sake, he better hope it doesn't happen 3 years from now.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Karl Hungus

Quote:
I think you are probably right about the future. Kassian has to learn to channel a little bit of that Burrows work ethic to lock down that position. The Sedins can be a little slow so Burrows is a nice counterpoint to their pace. I will say that Kassain is just as good or better than Burrows at their cycle game when they do set up in the offensive zone.

Old
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
**** growing pains. They're the Canucks, not the Oilers. After they win a Cup they can do as much experimenting as they want, but for now go with what works.

Last edited by Wheatley: 02-23-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Noheart II

He was inconsistent in Chicago, Im not sure why everyone is so surprised he is inconsistent in Van.

Most players are at his age.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

"Inconsistent"

The most cliched word in hockey.

Keslers inconsistent, Luongos inconsistent, Sedins are inconsistent, Ovechkins inconsistent, LA Kings are inconsistent, the refs are inconsistent, Shannahans inconsistent... etc

Wanted to mention this a while back and forgot.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Bleach Clean

Kassian is doing just fine. Developing.

I don't want him with the twins. I would like him to mesh with the depth guys so that he can add something there because they need it.

Closed Thread