HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What's Cal Clutterbuck worth?

Old
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Zhamnov10

vCash: 500
What's Cal Clutterbuck worth?

I would love to see him in a jets uniform not sure what your teams needs are but would something around Mark Stuart work?

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
I would love to see him in a jets uniform not sure what your teams needs are but would something around Mark Stuart work?
I would love to see him on Oilers . There about 29 teams that would love to have him . The one team that i left out is the Wild as they have him

supert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:55 PM
SoulAssassin

Always thought a deal around JM Liles for Clutterbuck could work. Adds a reasonably priced puck moving defenceman to Minny's lineup that would surely help spark some offense. Maybe the value's not there.

Would love him on the Kings but not sure we have any pieces that we could move to make it happen.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Would love him on the Kings but not sure we have any pieces that we could move to make it happen.
Our needs are either a top-4 D-man, lefty, who could play with Tom Gilbert on the 2nd pairing OR a legit PWF. Seeing as nobody really has the latter to spare, we'll take the D-man.

Our defense is currently as follows:

Suter - Brodin
Stoner - Gilbert
Falk - Spurgeon
Prosser

We also have Marco Scandella in the AHL, who has frequently played with the Wild but is just too inconsistent for the 2nd pairing. Stoner would be just fine but he's quite bad with the puck. Someone of his mold but with better puck skills would be nice.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

I'd take Stuart, pair him with Gilbert so that that pairing can still move the puck.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:42 AM
ThorntonFan19

Would Murray be of any interest? What else would be of interest on our roster?

ThorntonFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:49 AM
El Nino22

I think Justin Braun would be interesting. Obviously we would want more for Clutter though.

As far as his value I think he is most likely to be dealt in a package deal for a bigger piece in order to maximize his value. Clutter alone I don't think gets a ton of value.

El Nino22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:32 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

The thing about Clutterbuck is, like mentioned, 29 teams want him, and there's only one of him. Supply and demand. He's going to fetch way more than he's actually worth, because if they decide to put him on the block, there's gonna be a nuclear holocaust of bidding.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:47 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Sens offer Colin Greening, Mike Lundin and a mid-round pick... and that's probably just to get negotiations going.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:22 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
The thing about Clutterbuck is, like mentioned, 29 teams want him, and there's only one of him. Supply and demand. He's going to fetch way more than he's actually worth, because if they decide to put him on the block, there's gonna be a nuclear holocaust of bidding.
If we do market him I hope you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Sens offer Colin Greening, Mike Lundin and a mid-round pick... and that's probably just to get negotiations going.
Mike Lundin? Been there, done that. When he actually was healthy and played, he was 'meh' at best. Greening ain't chopped liver, but he doesn't hold much appeal for the Wild. If we trade CC, one of our youngsters from Houston(prob Coyle or Zucker) will take his roster spot.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:19 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
Mike Lundin? Been there, done that. When he actually was healthy and played, he was 'meh' at best. Greening ain't chopped liver, but he doesn't hold much appeal for the Wild. If we trade CC, one of our youngsters from Houston(prob Coyle or Zucker) will take his roster spot.
Oh right, I forgot which team I was dealing with, forgot that Lundin was already there.

Well, the offer was based around Greening, with Lundin clearly the toss-in. If he doesn't hold much appeal, there's probably other pieces we'd move instead. Like I said in my original post, it was just to get talks moving.

Problem with the Sens making an offer is that our blueline is so decimated, we'd be tough to really make a quality offer with a defenceman going your way. If the Wild were interested in a rental, we'd offer Gonchar.

We have some up-and comers on the blueline. Borowiecki is going to be a play-your-heart-out physical, defensive defenceman, (a defensive version of Clutterbuck, in that sense) but he's probably a year away. I'd offer Weircioch in a package, if our blueline wasn't already without Karlsson and Cowen for the rest of the year.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:05 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Cal Clutterbuck for Ryan White & Louis Leblanc?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:07 AM
DANOZ28

im a huge clutterbuck fan so i dont want to see him go, but if i was trading him i would ask for 2- 2nds & an experienced puck moving D-man. cheers!

DANOZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Tis a shame Minnesota and Vancouver are unlikely to trade. Clutterbuck is among the few I would overpay for. Can't see what the Wild would want though, unless Ballard+ has interest.

If it helps, we'd bench him in every Wild game.

Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 02-21-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Marcus Johansson and the 3rd?

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Lost Cowan too BonkTastic? Yeesh that stinks. Sorry. It sounds like yours needs mirror our needs. If we did somehow pull off a trade for Clutterbuck, Gonchar would almost certainly have to come back for your team's sake. Not cuz we want him, but Cal really really doesn't like Gonchar for a cheap shot in 2010. Pretty sure it's mutual.
http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice...n-clutterbuck/
Quote:
SARGE THROWS DOWN

D SERGEI GONCHAR was fairly direct — and unusually fierce — about his incident with WILD RW CAL CLUTTERBUCK on Monday at Minnesota.

Gonchar admitted he “took a run” at Clutterbuck, who along with Minnesota HC TODD RICHARDS is upset the league did not suspend Gonchar, whose reputation is not that of a cheap-shot artist.

Clutterbuck had harsh words for Gonchar after Monday’s game:

“I don’t know what he’s thinking,” Gonchar said of Clutterbuck. “He took a run at me, I took a run at him; game-situation, it happens all the time.”

Gonchar said his hit, for which he was assessed a major penalty for interference, was a reaction to “a late hit” from Clutterbuck.

“His arms were up. He hit me in the head, which I thought the NHL was now looking for. I had a chance to hit him. I thought the puck would get there and I’d hit him when the puck arrived, but the puck kind of stopped halfway there, and he didn’t have the puck.

“At the same time it’s a situation and it’s the game, and I wish we played them again.

“I got hit in the head with his arms up. I don’t think he was going for a clean hit. In my opinion it was a late hit, his hands were up. In my opinion it was a late (hit), a (dirty) hit and that’s why I paid him back.”

The NHL has neither suspended nor fined Gonchar, whose sterling reputation is perhaps his best friend on this matter.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:35 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
im a huge clutterbuck fan so i dont want to see him go, but if i was trading him i would ask for 2- 2nds & an experienced puck moving D-man. cheers!
Kaberle + NAS 2nd & MTL 2nd for Clutterbuck good?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Our needs are either a top-4 D-man, lefty, who could play with Tom Gilbert on the 2nd pairing OR a legit PWF. Seeing as nobody really has the latter to spare, we'll take the D-man.

Suter - Brodin
Stoner - Gilbert
Falk - Spurgeon
Prosser

We also have Marco Scandella in the AHL, who has frequently played with the Wild but is just too inconsistent for the 2nd pairing. Stoner would be just fine but he's quite bad with the puck. Someone of his mold but with better puck skills would be nice.
Sounds to me like you really want Ryan Whitney!

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points

Stalberg?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:27 PM
NugarifiK

vCash: 57
Preferably somebody big, talented, and is right-hand shot...offense or defense doesn't matter.

NugarifiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:28 PM
10 ft. pole

Jon Bernier?

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:43 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
Jon Bernier?
Absolutely not.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

The guy that wanted 2 2nds AND a PMD.....

It isn't NHL13 here.

And I do love the Clutterbuck for Hjalmarsson proposals. Hjalmarsson-Gilbert is a very nice 2nd pairing.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post

Suter - Brodin
Stoner - Gilbert
Falk - Spurgeon
Prosser

Actually I think a lefty or a righty top 4 d-man would work. If it's a lefty we place him alongside Gilbert like you said but if it's a righty we either play him alongside Suter or knock Gilbert up to the top pairing and play the new righty alongside Brodin on the 2nd pairing.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote