HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Part 2| Game #18| Feb. 20, 2013|Flyers at Penguins |7:30 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 06:57 AM
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ

vCash: 500
BTW, my Simmonds mancrush is activated. Hope Cannon isn't the jealous type.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:00 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Garbage Goal buddying up to the Pens on their GDT saying that there's nothing but negatives to take from a game where we came from 2-0 down to win against one of the best teams in the league.
Well that's just....I don't know what the hell that is

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 02-21-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Typo
Old
02-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Garbage Goal buddying up to the Pens on their GDT saying that there's nothing but negatives to take from a game where we came from 2-0 down to win against one of the best teams in the league.
im glad im not the only one who saw that. what a kiss ass . you just lost your fan card buddy.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:25 AM
poneill27

What a GREAT game!!! I woke up just as stoked as when I went to bed!

Old
02-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Just reading up on the PS4, the graphics card has 1.83 terraflops, or 1.0 James Neals.
And we have a winner.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:27 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Giroux

wat r u doin?

Giroux

STAHP

Old
02-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
It's getting harder every month to say we lost the Richards and Carter trades. And Bryzly Bear (saw that name somewhere and it was hilarious) is actually looking like a legitimate top ten goalie.

If they can get Mezsaros to stay healthy and play how he can (and Hartnell obviously) then they might just have something here. I think Meszaros asserting himself as a reliable puck mover besides Kimmo is really essential to having an effective 6 man d-unit. Gus looks serviceable as a third pairing guy right now, possibly more moving forward. Kimmo is Kimmo.

Kimmo Luke as your first pairing.
Coburn Grossmann can eat up some tough defensive minutes.
Gus and Meszaros as a third pairing that can really move the puck out, probably get a lot of the softer minutes.

Or you could move Grossmann to the third pairing and have a more balanced bottom two pairings.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I think its funny how all the Pens fans are saying how they need to stop stooping to the Flyers level, and stop playing their disgusting game. Yet, in all these games I only see one team losing their mind and taking dumb unnecessary penalties. I think they go wayyyy below our level lol.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:55 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I think its funny how all the Pens fans are saying how they need to stop stooping to the Flyers level, and stop playing their disgusting game. Yet, in all these games I only see one team losing their mind and taking dumb unnecessary penalties. I think they go wayyyy below our level lol.
Well apparently the Pens need to figure out how to deal with the Flyer's shenanigans..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
This team's woes against Philly will continue to occur until they figure out how to deal with their shenanigans.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I forget where I read it, but it has been said that wolves lose no sleep over the opinions of sheep. **** em'.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Actually, a little more careful reading of the Pens boards would reveal that, actually, not ALL the Pens fans are are saying that at all (it's so easy to generalize and simplify things, I know). Most Pens I know are, actually, stating that the Pens are: 1) inexcusably stupid, again, for so easily getting off theire game, especially when they are very effective when they stick to game plan; 2) garbage officiating generally throughout the game, and 3) Vokoun took a massive dump that game. Other than that, fairly entertaining.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:09 AM
poneill27

Did anyone see Fedoruk and Lisa Hillary on CSN discussing the game? There was a weird vibe. It was terrible. It seemed like he said "Hey you're pretty hot" and the segment producer yells "live in 3..2..1.." After such a great win their vibe was so weird. I cant put my finger on it.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

It's quite easy to overlook the smart guys over there over all the ********....

/generalizing

Old
02-21-2013, 08:11 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Actually, a little more careful reading of the Pens boards would reveal that, actually, not ALL the Pens fans are are saying that at all (it's so easy to generalize and simplify things, I know). Most Pens I know are, actually, stating that the Pens are: 1) inexcusably stupid, again, for so easily getting off theire game, especially when they are very effective when they stick to game plan; 2) garbage officiating generally throughout the game, and 3) Vokoun took a massive dump that game. Other than that, fairly entertaining.
Nice, give no credit to the team that actually won.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
PG Rated

Oh dear

Old
02-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Nice, give no credit to the team that actually won.
I'm trying to accurately summarize, literally, over a couple thousand comments on the Pens boards and much discussion here locally. So, no, I didn't mention that becuase I haven't heard or read anything about what a great game the Flyers played. I'm not, however, surprized about that, fans generally don't do that after a game like that. I'm guessing, but probably not even Flyers fans.

Looking forward to the 7th!

Old
02-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja;60154859[B
]It's getting harder every month to say we lost the Richards and Carter trades[/B]. And Bryzly Bear (saw that name somewhere and it was hilarious) is actually looking like a legitimate top ten goalie.

If they can get Mezsaros to stay healthy and play how he can (and Hartnell obviously) then they might just have something here. I think Meszaros asserting himself as a reliable puck mover besides Kimmo is really essential to having an effective 6 man d-unit. Gus looks serviceable as a third pairing guy right now, possibly more moving forward. Kimmo is Kimmo.

Kimmo Luke as your first pairing.
Coburn Grossmann can eat up some tough defensive minutes.
Gus and Meszaros as a third pairing that can really move the puck out, probably get a lot of the softer minutes.

Or you could move Grossmann to the third pairing and have a more balanced bottom two pairings.
Dude we won those deals the day they went down. Lets move on why not. Mike and Jeff are doing fine and we have some young talent that will a big part of this club for years to come. Schenn, Simmonds,Voracek,Couturier,Grossman and Cousins in junior. We did allright You know what they say about looking back!

Old
02-21-2013, 08:36 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
im glad im not the only one who saw that. what a kiss ass . you just lost your fan card buddy.
Dude is becoming a doomer of toughguy83 proportions. Shameful.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Prongo
Beer

I hate the Harlem shake ****, but this was funny.

Also I remember when the Harlem shake was popular when I was younger, what made it come back lol

Also probably has been posted already.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:55 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Who cares what the Pens fans are saying? 2 points for us and 0 for them. Let them eat cake.

02-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
Well I read through like 6 pages of the +/- thread thing, and that seemed to be the general consensus. The Pens were stupid for being undisciplined and playing "the flyers' game". I apologize though for saying "all", as I was unaware that someone would actually take that at it's literal face value. Also, way to not even mention the team that won the game as being a reason the Pens lost.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:13 AM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well I read through like 6 pages of the +/- thread thing, and that seemed to be the general consensus. The Pens were stupid for being undisciplined and playing "the flyers' game". I apologize though for saying "all", as I was unaware that someone would actually take that at it's literal face value. Also, way to not even mention the team that won the game as being a reason the Pens lost.
Saw multiple people blame the refs. Thought that was the funniest thing ever.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:14 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Delivery!

It's pretty anti-climatic, sorry to all those who I've disappointed haha, feel free to make a not-crappy version!

Old
02-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Akanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
I lose it when Vokun falls flat on his face towards the end. Perfect
Me too! I had to make this

Old
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Saw multiple people blame the refs. Thought that was the funniest thing ever.
Another poster agreed with me when I said the biggest missed call came on Crosby last night. It was right before the **** storm that had us send 100 players to the box. We were on the power play and in our own zone, Crosby is forechecking but clearly gets his stick into Brieres midsection. Briere even lost the puck as a result of the hook. They didn't call it, the ref was 10 feet away. I firmly believe it was not called because we were already on the PP, but it was a clear hook.

Closed Thread