Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Wrestlemania 29 - All discussions/predictions here

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 12:52 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Completely forgot about Big Show. Where the **** do you go with him now?

Old
02-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Completely forgot about Big Show. Where the **** do you go with him now?
Unfortunately, he probably gets lost in the shuffle and likely ends up in a gimmick match for Mania.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:10 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Yeah, there are quite a few guys that are big enough names that don't have anything.

I wouldn't be against maybe Sheamus (or Ryback) v Reigns at Mania and on the RTWM have Rollins/Ambrose take the Tag titles off of Kane/Bryan. That gets all Shield members on the card. I mean, they can't keep doing 6 man tag matches and be on special teams forever they need to start spreading wings.

Then you have a 4 corner match for the titles:

Rollins/Ambrose
Rhodes/Sandow
Team 3
Team 4

Mix and match from the list of names and it depends on how intent they are on Miz/Cesaro and Barret/Dallas. I don't think either makes it to Mania because how on Earth will they extend those programs 7 weeks and 14 episodes of TV?

Heck, a Barrett/Cesaro team looks pretty enticing to me and maybe you team Miz/Big Show or Miz/Christian or Big Show/Christian etc as Team 4.

To me a 4 corner tag Rollins/Ambrose, Sandow/Rhodes, Cesaro/Barret, Christian/Miz looks solid and continues to bring up the tag division and having Rollins/Ambrose go over at Mania keeps them on the path. I know some of these are just teams I am throwing together for the sake of fantasy booking, but there are 7 weeks to get the ball rolling and get these teams solidified if they wanted to. I dont think they would even go to the well for PTP, Cara/Mysterio, or Brodus/Sweet T (joke team and brings down the match). Maybe a a spot goes for Cara/Mysterio if they don't do the "dream Lucha match of a lifetime," but either one of Mysterio or Cara could be getting injured as you read this.

I think 4 corner Tag titles is the way to go for the "cluster ****" match. You could do Team Booker v Team Teddy, but we just saw that last year essentially. There will be that match that gets 8 guys on Mania, it is just figuring out what match it will be and how we get there.

Last edited by El Dandy*: 02-18-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old
02-18-2013, 01:22 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

I'd like to see Ambrose/Rollins vs Mysterio/Cara. It seems like it'd be a fun match. Reunite Rhodes Scholars because breaking them up was ****ing stupid. Kofi/Truth too. PTP can get momentum.

I think Ryback/Sheamus will go one on one, because what else can they do? If one faces Reigns, the other is left out. Unless they do Reigns/Sheamus and Ryback/Show.

Reigns looked like a future major player in the match tonight, so I'd love to see what he can do in a 10 min one on one match. Maybe put the US Title on Miz to advance Cesaro up the card post-Mania and have Reigns quickly take the title off Miz so Reigns is the US champion and Ambrose/Rollins hold the tag titles.

Mania in general isn't looking so good right now. Simply swapping Punk/Lesnar would make it better too IMO, giving us Lesnar/Taker and Punk/HHH.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
I'd like to see Ambrose/Rollins vs Mysterio/Cara. It seems like it'd be a fun match. Reunite Rhodes Scholars because breaking them up was ****ing stupid. Kofi/Truth too. PTP can get momentum.

I think Ryback/Sheamus will go one on one, because what else can they do? If one faces Reigns, the other is left out. Unless they do Reigns/Sheamus and Ryback/Show.

Reigns looked like a future major player in the match tonight, so I'd love to see what he can do in a 10 min one on one match. Maybe put the US Title on Miz to advance Cesaro up the card post-Mania and have Reigns quickly take the title off Miz so Reigns is the US champion and Ambrose/Rollins hold the tag titles.

Mania in general isn't looking so good right now. Simply swapping Punk/Lesnar would make it better too IMO, giving us Lesnar/Taker and Punk/HHH.
With how many people there seems to be, some type of battle royal seems like the easiest thing to do.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Takeo

I think Kane vs. Bryan is a lock for WM at this point. I expect that they'll lose the titles on a Bryan heel turn in the near future. To whom, I have no clue. But Ambrose and Rollins should challenge at WM.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:09 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Quote:
As of this weekend, the top matches for WrestleMania 29 were planned to be:

- The Rock vs. John Cena (WWE Title)
- Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger (World Heavyweight title)
- CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
- Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

Aside from Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H, the rest of the matches could change by WrestleMania. There has been no change in the uncertainty surrounding The Undertaker’s status for WrestleMania. If he does not work the show, there’s been talk of adding Punk to the Rock vs. John Cena match.

John Cena vs. CM Punk on Monday’s RAW also puts the Rock vs. Cena match in question. However, a lot of promotional material for WrestleMania 29 has already been sent out and features The Rock vs. John Cena as the top match on the card.

Jack Swagger’s DUI & drug arrest on Wednesday is another wrench in the plans.

A Ryback vs. Chris Jericho (working as a heel) match has also been planned, but there was no tease of the match on RAW when Ryback and Jericho partnered with Sheamus against The Shield. With Jericho off television for several weeks, it appears WWE is going in a different direction with them as well. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry has been discussed, but we’ve yet to see any buildup there either.

Top superstars like Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton, Big Show, The Shield, Kane and Daniel Bryan are also without any obvious opponents headed into WrestleMania.

Despite the lack of direction thus far, the feeling is that the show will still be a huge success due to the WrestleMania brand, the special attractions appearing (The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Bruno Sammartino) and the show taking place in the hot New York market.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

How ****ing lazy can the WWE Creative team be? Holy ****.

02-21-2013, 09:18 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

How ****ing lazy can the WWE Creative team be? Holy ****.
They just seem to be mailing it in.

"Oh well, let's just trot Bruno, Brock and Dwayne out onto the field at the Meadowlands and it will sell."

It's sickening, but the worst part is that it's true. The names and the location will sell it.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:48 AM
elias026

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
They just seem to be mailing it in.

"Oh well, let's just trot Bruno, Brock and Dwayne out onto the field at the Meadowlands and it will sell."

It's sickening, but the worst part is that it's true. The names and the location will sell it.
Its sad really, it does not seem like WM is the next PPV

Old
02-21-2013, 02:41 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Well I can solve one of those upper-midcard matches...Kane vs. Daniel Bryan. Bam. That's simple. That angle/feud writes itself, and has been for the past few months now.

Heel Orton vs. Face Sheamus...another one, though it may take some time to develop that.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Based on tapings and other stuff, looks like they're going in the direction of Barrett-Sheamus and Show-Miz (which I actually said I think Show-Miz will take place at WM so Show can get his heat back in the EC thread). And I'd also prefer Barrett-Sheamus over Barrett-Dallas 10 times out of 10.

I think they should put the tag titles on The Shield and do the freebird rule, or put the tag titles on The Shield and a mid-card title on Roman Reigns, maybe the IC title because Barrett should be higher than that and Reigns >>>>>>> Dallas.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:17 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara is off the table for Wrestlemania 29 according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
This is a situation where a MITB match would be perfect to fill in the rest of the holes for Wrestlemania. You can get 7-8 mid-carders/main-eventers all in one match that always gets attention.

Hopefully the WWE will end their love affair with gimmick PPV's soon...

Old
02-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Megahab

I feel like WWE doesn't even know what matches will happen at Wrestlemania yet.

So far, there's only 3 matches that are either confirmed or strongly teased - Rock-Cena, Del Rio-Swagger, and Lesnar-HHH.

In the last few Wrestlemanias, I think we had a pretty good idea of what most of the card would look like by the end of February.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:45 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Rock-Cena
Punk-Taker
HHH-Lesnar
ADR-Swagger

Kane-Daniel Bryan
Cesaro-Miz
The Shield-Orton,Sheamus, Ryback
Jericho-Ziggler for the briefcase

Divas Match...?

And then something on the preshow, like a massive battle royal. This is why I wish they still had MITB at 'Mania. Would be easy to stick guys like Barrett, Rhodes, Sandow, Christian, Kingston, R-Truth, Sin Cara, and a couple of other guys in there to get them on the card.

Old
02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Rock-Cena
Punk-Taker
HHH-Lesnar
ADR-Swagger

Kane-Daniel Bryan
Cesaro-Miz

Divas Match...?

And then something on the preshow, like a massive battle royal. This is why I wish they still had MITB at 'Mania. Would be easy to stick guys like Barrett, Rhodes, Sandow, Christian, Kingston, R-Truth, Sin Cara, and a couple of other guys in there to get them on the card.
6-Man MitB match to open up Mania would be an epic way to start the show.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
The Omega Dreamer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Rock-Cena
Punk-Taker
HHH-Lesnar
ADR-Swagger

Kane-Daniel Bryan
Cesaro-Miz
Divas Match...?

Jericho and Ziggler already had a match for the briefcase. Jericho lost and was fired.
I think that a match with them would be good but they already had that as a stipulation, although creative might assume we have already forgot that and as long as no one mentions it it will seem fresh just like Rock and Cena who have never had a high profile match before.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Rock-Cena
Lesnar-HHH
Taker-Punk
ADR-Swagger
Shield-Jericho/Ryback/Orton
Barrett-Sheamus

and then some other matches.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:04 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

This Wrestlemania gives off the vibe that it's going to have a ton of random, short singles matches to get superstars on the show. I can see the card going over 10 matches. There's no real angle that will mean we see a bunch of superstars grouped into one match like MITB had or the 12 person tag team match last year. I hope Christian returns soon, because Antonio Cesaro looks like he'll have nothing for Wrestlemania. If I had to predict the full card mixed with what I hope gets announced between now and Wrestlemania, I'd have...

WWE Championship: The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger
No Holds Barred; Career vs. Career: Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
The Streak: CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
6 Man Tag Team Match: The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Ryback & Chris Jericho
Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Sheamus
Divas Championship: Kaitlyn (c) vs. Layla
Grudge Match: Big Show vs. The Miz
United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Christian
Grudge Match: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
YouTube Exclusive Pre-Show: Rhodes Scholars vs. R-Truth & Kofi Kingston

TWO BIG names I can't find anything for: Mark Henry and Dolph Ziggler. Dolph will probably cash in at Wrestlemania, but Mark Henry, after defeating Khali... I really don't see anything. Another dreadful match with Khali? Something involving Floyd 'Money' Mayweather?

Old
02-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Jericho and Ziggler already had a match for the briefcase. Jericho lost and was fired.
I think that a match with them would be good but they already had that as a stipulation, although creative might assume we have already forgot that and as long as no one mentions it it will seem fresh just like Rock and Cena who have never had a high profile match before.
Why do people think that WWE is going to ignore that Rock and Cena have wrestled before? The build to this match will be based on the fact that The Rock already beat Cena.

-Rock vs. Cena - WWE Title - Cena wins with the STF.

-Del Rio vs. Swagger - World Title - Del Rio wins, Ziggler cashes in.

-CM Punk vs. Undertaker - Taker wins but they gotta make CM Punk look strong.

-Lesnar vs. HHH - No DQ match - Lesnar wins

-Barrett vs. Sheamus - IC title. - Barrett wins

-Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars vs. Mysterio/Sin Cara vs. R-Truth/Kingston - Tag Titles - Mysterio/Sin Cara win. Team Hell No officially splits.

-Jericho vs. Mark Henry - Henry wins clean

-Cesaro vs. Miz vs. Christian vs. Ziggler vs. Big Show - Championship Scramble - US Title - Ziggler wins. At the end of the night, he is both the World and US Champion. This is a step down for Big Show but I don't know where he can fit on this card.

-Shield vs. Orton/Ryback/Khali - Shield wins, Orton or Ryback turns heel.

-Some divas match

Old
02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Ziggler in the US title picture is random as ****. He's above that.

And the tagline for Rock-Cena this year is "Greatness vs. Redemption", so it's not like they're forgetting about Rock-Cena I.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Megahab

Big Show is above the US title too but I don't know where else to put them.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Like I said in my post, there's probably gonna be random singles matches to get guys on the card that should be there but they don't have any real direction right now.

Show-Miz, Cesaro-Christian, etc.

Only guy I don't have anything for is Henry and Ziggler.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Quote:
This Wrestlemania gives off the vibe that it's going to have a ton of random, short singles matches to get superstars on the show. I can see the card going over 10 matches. There's no real angle that will mean we see a bunch of superstars grouped into one match like MITB had or the 12 person tag team match last year. I hope Christian returns soon, because Antonio Cesaro looks like he'll have nothing for Wrestlemania. If I had to predict the full card mixed with what I hope gets announced between now and Wrestlemania, I'd have...

WWE Championship: The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger
No Holds Barred; Career vs. Career: Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
The Streak: CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
6 Man Tag Team Match: The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Ryback & Chris Jericho
Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett (c) vs. Sheamus
Divas Championship: Kaitlyn (c) vs. Layla
Grudge Match: Big Show vs. The Miz
United States Championship: Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Christian
Grudge Match: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
YouTube Exclusive Pre-Show: Rhodes Scholars vs. R-Truth & Kofi Kingston

TWO BIG names I can't find anything for: Mark Henry and Dolph Ziggler. Dolph will probably cash in at Wrestlemania, but Mark Henry, after defeating Khali... I really don't see anything. Another dreadful match with Khali? Something involving Floyd 'Money' Mayweather?
Mayweather? That is pretty random.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:25 PM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

Mayweather said he'd be at Wrestlemania 29 this year, and his match with Big Show from Wrestlemania 24 was surprisingly good. One of the better celebrity appearances. Maybe he does something with Henry.

Closed Thread