HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Make a move?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
bauer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Perry is a giant ********, hits a lot, scores a lot, and gets under people's skin.

He tried to kill Giroux too; gave Giroux his first concussion his rookie year.

Remember if you get Perry, you almost have to move a winger for a defenseman, and it also means you don't have room to get Ryan.
not necessarily. Ryan still has a couple more years to go before he's a UFA. the cap could go up 5m by the time he's a UFA. a lot can happen before then.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:33 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
If your thinking about next year then why are you trading Coburn?
because Coburn isn't as good as most Flyers fans make him out to be

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 10:50 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
not necessarily. Ryan still has a couple more years to go before he's a UFA. the cap could go up 5m by the time he's a UFA. a lot can happen before then.
....You're proposing......

Hartnell - Giroux - Perry
Simmonds - Schenn - Ryan
Read - Couturier - Voracek
Talbot - Laughton - McGinn

....I just want to make sure you realize what you're proposing.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
He can be. A lot of the time he's not though. Aside from last game, he's been downright "meh" for the season.

02-20-2013, 01:24 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
He can be. A lot of the time he's not though. Aside from last game, he's been downright "meh" for the season.
Coburn for Voynov? I dunno, just a random thought...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:45 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Coburn for Voynov? I dunno, just a random thought...
Doubt they would do it, but I think I would.

Its a real shame that PIT is an unlikely trade partner and PHX isn't a good fit, because both of them have some nice young assets that would be just great over here.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:54 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
I hope holmgren isnt going all in HOPING Bobby Ryan will be a Flyer. Some people are just setting themselves up for dissapointment. if it happens great, but for God sakes some peope are acting like we can start printing the Ryan Flyer jerseys.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:59 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Doubt they would do it, but I think I would.

Its a real shame that PIT is an unlikely trade partner and PHX isn't a good fit, because both of them have some nice young assets that would be just great over here.
Would love to get Morrow from PIT, but we might need to spend more than Coburn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I hope holmgren isnt going all in HOPING Bobby Ryan will be a Flyer. Some people are just setting themselves up for dissapointment. if it happens great, but for God sakes some peope are acting like we can start printing the Ryan Flyer jerseys.
Would love Ryan, but he would take way too much to get, which is something I know we shouldn't do. Just win the sweepstakes in Perry and maybe try to get Ryan when he becomes an UFA.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Coburn is a very good defensemen who just needs a steady partner. He is just not good enough to be the lead guy in a pair, as he has failed every time they try to put him in that role. Coburn and Grossman is a very good pair. Coburn and Gervais is about as terrible as it gets.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:35 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Coburn / Grossman is one of the better 2nd pairings in the league.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
This. Everyone is assuming Ryan will be a Flyer because he's from New Jersey. He's still a pro athlete looking for a big contract. He won't sign here for cheap, if he indeed does sign here.

02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Perry is a giant ********, hits a lot, scores a lot, and gets under people's skin.

He tried to kill Giroux too; gave Giroux his first concussion his rookie year.

Remember if you get Perry, you almost have to move a winger for a defenseman, and it also means you don't have room to get Ryan.
If we could get Perry for free...you do it. Then trade away other assets for need. And then if you can get Ryan for free...you do it. Then trade away more assets for need or futures. That's the thing with adding a Pronger type. We gave away assets, and now with him hurt, we didn't win AND never re-couped any assets. That is my issue with Kimmo. He will retire a Flyer...and while that is all nice to see, it doesn't help the team. I would have rathered him go to a team this year for a 1st rounder, and then us try and re-sign him.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
This. Everyone is assuming Ryan will be a Flyer because he's from New Jersey. He's still a pro athlete looking for a big contract. He won't sign here for cheap, if he indeed does sign here.
Do you think the Flyers won't give him a good contract?

Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
It's obviously not a guarentee, but if he reaches free agency, I'd say our chances of signing him are better than any other team in the league as long as we don't low ball him

Also, he's not just from New Jersey, he's also got ties to the organization

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
bauer

Quote:
....You're proposing......

Hartnell - Giroux - Perry
Simmonds - Schenn - Ryan
Read - Couturier - Voracek
Talbot - Laughton - McGinn

....I just want to make sure you realize what you're proposing.
i did mention that i'd move JV for a Dman, but what i'm saying is that it's so far away now it's not even worth worrying about. a lot can happen until then, and i guarantee you the roster will likely look quite different then than it does now. besides, who would you rather have anyway, Perry or Ryan? i'll take Perry anyday.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
It's obviously not a guarentee, but if he reaches free agency, I'd say our chances of signing him are better than any other team in the league as long as we don't low ball him

I think he also mentioned either earlier this year or last year when there were contract or playing time issues or something where he said he wanted to play here. Again, not a guarantee by any means, but I don't think it is too far fetched to think the Flyers would be in the lead to sign him heading into his UFA year. I wouldn't go as far as to pencil him in, but it wouldn't be crazy to think he would wind up here. Hamhuis and Suter are two recent big time UFAs that seemed to have their mind made up prior to free agency starting (though they may have used other teams to up the price).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Do you think the Flyers won't give him a good contract?
Oh I'm not saying that, I fully expect them to go all out and offer him a great one.

Quote:

I agree. I'm just saying that 1) he may not make it to FA and 2) he still may not sign with the team. The odds are very good, however it's certainly not set in stone.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:36 AM
whskybarJM

I can live with our D if Coburn takes the Briere route and the next level comes in the playoffs. The rare flashes of a nasty coburn is needed for the playoffs in the worst way.

They need a big shot from the point

i would love a push for yandle, I just do not want to give up anything on the roster.

can they start drafting some stud D prospects? please

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:24 AM
blinds

So can someone give me a breakdown of the situation with Perry? Is it just assumed he's going to UFA status, is Anaheim not gonna resign him? People seem confident we could get him, but a FA like Perry would get all kinds of interest from the other teams in the league.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
So can someone give me a breakdown of the situation with Perry? Is it just assumed he's going to UFA status, is Anaheim not gonna resign him? People seem confident we could get him, but a FA like Perry would get all kinds of interest from the other teams in the league.
Bob Mac said that they might have to choose between Getz and Perry. He thinks they will make the choice of Getz. Perry then would be traded at the draft or just make it free agency. If he makes it to free agency I can guarantee you the Flyers will be right in the bidding. He will command probably over 8 million a year too. I don't think Anaheim moves him mid season especially with the team playing the way they are. They could resign him, but he would have to take a contract below market value no doubt. The possibilities are endless really

Of course though we will have to compete with Toronto, because every FA that is born in Ontario wants to play for the Leafs

At the draft try to trade for his rights. Also try to get Bobby Ryan thrown into the mix LOL.

Perry's rights
Bobby Ryan

for

2 1st rounders
2nd rounder
Laughton
Read

That would get it done no doubt

Last edited by Prongo: 02-21-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
This is from the Ducks board: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1322835

Ducks fans seem worried about Perry, but I think it's a little too early to make any assumptions.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:09 AM
kicksave27

I'm pretty sure Ryan considers Clarke to be like family. If they have the room to offer him a reasonable contract, he'll be in O&B. After this year, homer is going to want to do something big, which would mean perry, but I wouldn't mind going after some of the RFA dmen. Our forwards, when healthy, are pretty good. Get an RFA dman this offseason, ryan the next to play with our stud centers, I'd be ok with that.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Psuhockey

If Voracek continues playing like he has, the Flyers might not need a 1st line winger anymore. Flyers forward lineup in two years:

Hartnell Giroux Voracek
Read/Cousins Schenn Simmonds
Laughton Couturier McGinn/Noebels
Rinaldo Talbot McGinn/Noebels/Wellwood

That's not too bad. If they keep what they have now, they could dedicate their resources going forward to improve the defense. It's all on Voracek filling that spot. So far so good.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:29 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
I think there's a VERY good chance that Ryan will sign here if and when he reaches UFA. Why wouldn't he? If we have the money then and he's on the market it's a no brainer. He grew up in nj as a flyers fan, his family is close with bobby Clarke and the flyers organization, he's expressed interest in playing for the flyers WHILE under contract with the ducks and the flyers are a premier franchise and one of the wealthiest in the league. If he reaches UFA, I really don't see how he won't be a flyer.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:34 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
If Voracek continues playing like he has, the Flyers might not need a 1st line winger anymore. Flyers forward lineup in two years:

Hartnell Giroux Voracek
Read/Cousins Schenn Simmonds
Laughton Couturier McGinn/Noebels
Rinaldo Talbot McGinn/Noebels/Wellwood

That's not too bad. If they keep what they have now, they could dedicate their resources going forward to improve the defense. It's all on Voracek filling that spot. So far so good.
Yeah but imagine this next year.

Perry-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Read
Cousins-Couturier-Simmonds
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo/McGinn/Noebels

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote