HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Hotline w/ K-Sly and general WGR talk

Old
02-12-2013, 10:22 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Nah I'm just talking anecdotal evidIdence. like everyone I know who took the survey put down that they hated him.
Yet the Sabres reaction to that hate was even more K-sly exposure to the public.

Makes you wonder if there is a bit of snarkiness with the higher ups that they don't show in public. That would explaining giving a 2 hr 5 day a week show to a poorly informed annoying tool the fans hate.

Last edited by joshjull: 02-12-2013 at 10:30 PM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:13 PM
indigoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Yet the Sabres reaction to that hate was even more K-sly exposure to the public.

Makes you wonder if there is a bit of snarkiness with the higher ups that they don't show in public. That would explaining giving a 2 hr 5 day a week show to a poorly informed annoying tool the fans hate.
Could be, but I also wonder about the exposure he gets on the radio. Considering the high ratings of the games, perhaps it's better to have him on a ******, joke of a radio show on weekdays?

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Trobes

I generally dont hate or like the show as I figured since Kevin is an employee of the Sabres he wouldnt criticize the club too much. I really enjoy when Peters is on because he is kind of off the wall with his ADHD. The problem with WGR is that besides the morning show, much of the station is awful. However, I would rather listen to Kevin than Schopp & the Bulldog everyday.

Trobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Sylvester in a ornary mood this morning.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 AM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Sylvester in a ornary mood this morning.
What will it take to get you to change your avatar...this is the only place I have to see that a**hat's face these days...

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:19 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Yikes. Dying to listen to news about the firing and moving forward and I had to turn off WGR. Mind numbing, inane and uninsightful. Holy crap. Can't wait until Hockey Central at noon to get some decent hockey talk.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
Yikes. Dying to listen to news about the firing and moving forward and I had to turn off WGR. Mind numbing, inane and uninsightful. Holy crap. Can't wait until Hockey Central at noon to get some decent hockey talk.
Hockey Central is the best hockey talk show bar none imo. No bias, spent alot of time on all teams, and tell it like it is.

Hockey Hotline is a joke, the guy hosting is clueless.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Hockey Central is the best hockey talk show bar none imo. No bias, spent alot of time on all teams, and tell it like it is.

Hockey Hotline is a joke, the guy hosting is clueless.
What station is hockey central on? Never listened before.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

SN 590
Every day from 12-1

I just stream it instead of using an AM radio (better quality)

http://player.rogersradio.ca/cjcl/on_air

Coming on in 20 min. I am sure they will talk about the firing and their thoughts on Rolston and potential future HCs

Old
02-21-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
What station is hockey central on? Never listened before.
Its Canadian(sportsnet). You may be able to get in on tunein radio if you search Fan590. Monday-Friday at 12-1

Old
02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
stokes84

Thanks for the info, but these guys sound pretty clueless. Claiming Vanek's draft year was '07, then correcting to '06 and bashing Barnaby's opinion of Lindy even though he's played for him. Pretty bad, honestly.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Thanks for the info, but these guys sound pretty clueless. Claiming Vanek's draft year was '07, then correcting to '06 and bashing Barnaby's opinion of Lindy even though he's played for him. Pretty bad, honestly.
Missed the Vanek draft comment. Caught their view on Barnaby's comments and I agreed.

In comparison to the vast majority of Buffalo hockey media (a few exceptions), these guys are leaps and bounds ahead in their hockey knowledge and insight. IMO.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

Quote:
Personally I'd rather hear listen to these guys make comments,however uninformed, than listen to that shill K-Sly make assinine comments on a regular basis...

Old
02-21-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
They make a few errors sure, but they are covering 30 NHL teams. I don't see the big deal if they mix up a guys draft year.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:36 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
They make a few errors sure, but they are covering 30 NHL teams. I don't see the big deal if they mix up a guys draft year.
We'll it was part of a larger overall point, and maybe you guys are right, but this is the first time I've heard them and that Sabres segment strained credibility IMO. Better than listening to Jim Rome though, and at least they'll give their honest take, unlike K-Sly, who is all fluff.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Bahahahahahaha. This gets more hilarious everyday. Frank was just hung up on. I would've hung up on him too.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:22 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Geez some terrible callers.

"Lindy deserved to be fired when he put Kaleta on the 1st line"

2nd line actually

"Kaleta deserves only 3 minutes too and he should get in a fight"

Sigh

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:27 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post

2nd line actually

Sigh
This is my first experience with the show, and it's already embarrassing. Callers and host alike. Jeeeeez.

THE GAI GAT FIYURD, HE DIDN"T DAI.

I'M BEING A BIT FACETIOUS.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:28 AM
stokes84

Quote:

2nd line actually

Sigh
Heard that. Why call with such a mindless opinion? I guess that's the nature of the beast.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:49 AM
TragicallySabres

Quote:

2nd line actually

Sigh
Seriously. He was pretty much the only one who showed up in the Winnipeg game. That deserves more than three minutes, and fights or not, he still plays his game

TragicallySabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Erie89

I don't mind the show, he gets some ridiculous calls. Absolutely terrible calls, actually, and when he hangs up on callers it's because they deserve it the majority of the time.

Erie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:37 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie89 View Post
I don't mind the show, he gets some ridiculous calls. Absolutely terrible calls, actually, and when he hangs up on callers it's because they deserve it the majority of the time.
Don't mean this to sound as harsh as it may come across, but in my experience the quality of the cast and production inspire the quality of callers.

Inane and uninsightful discussion encourages poor quality of callers.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Erie89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
Don't mean this to sound as harsh as it may come across, but in my experience the quality of the cast and production inspire the quality of callers.

Inane and uninsightful discussion encourages poor quality of callers.
No offense taken. I don't know, I feel like sometimes fans of this team will find anything to complain about. Jeeze, there's a fire rob ray thread for goodness sakes. THE LEAST of this team and city's problems, lmao. You may not like some of the points he makes, but it doesn't make him wrong about them. The show isn't terrible, I don't know what a lot of people expect. Having a host just agree with everything every caller says doesn't make for a good show, but I get the feeling people want that. He's entitled to his opinion just like the people that call in are entitled to theirs. Whether or not you like it, since it's his show, his opinion does carry more weight. Maybe I feel that way because I have a degree in that area and understand why he does somethings he does. Everyone is terrible WGR, TBN, the D&C, no one knows what they are doing. Worst sports coverage ever.

Erie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:24 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post

Uh, no it wasn't.

He went from being their part time play by play guy and studio host on the television broadcast to being given a radio timeslot that didn't exist before. In my opinion, they didn't have it in him to fire the guy, so they gave him his own radio show.

Being on almost every sabres broadcast (that I have to listen to if I want to watch the sabres) is way more exposure than being on a terrible radio time slot that I can not listen to and still not miss anything.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:48 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie89 View Post
No offense taken. I don't know, I feel like sometimes fans of this team will find anything to complain about. Jeeze, there's a fire rob ray thread for goodness sakes. THE LEAST of this team and city's problems, lmao. You may not like some of the points he makes, but it doesn't make him wrong about them. The show isn't terrible, I don't know what a lot of people expect. Having a host just agree with everything every caller says doesn't make for a good show, but I get the feeling people want that. He's entitled to his opinion just like the people that call in are entitled to theirs. Whether or not you like it, since it's his show, his opinion does carry more weight. Maybe I feel that way because I have a degree in that area and understand why he does somethings he does. Everyone is terrible WGR, TBN, the D&C, no one knows what they are doing. Worst sports coverage ever.
When he tells me it was a "pretty good game" and "a good effort" after it's obvious to everyone that it was neither...yeah, he's wrong. I mean this about Ray...if you're talking about K-Sly...well I don't know what to tell you...he's just damn lucky they created a radio show for him.