HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa

Old
02-21-2013, 09:18 AM
SkHawksfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Link?
Well, the only link I have is from a website of slovak newspapers. But if you want: http://sport.sme.sk/c/6710529/hossov...ras-mozgu.html

SkHawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:19 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkHawksfan View Post
Good news from Slovakia. Hossa´s father says, that it is not a concussion, Hossa will undergo another medical test that will show wheter he will play the next game.
Great news if true. Have no reason to doubt the source but I'll wait for the official word.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
SkHawksfan

Quote:
Hossa's mother said that Marian is actually 100% healthy and is break-dancing on his head and smashing watermelons with his forehead to prove that he's fine. His mother also said Marian has the strongest skull in Czechoslovakia.
I just wanted to make you sure that he is OK. I consider his father to be trustworthy when talking about his son´s health, especially, when it is good news.

SkHawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Well, the only link I have is from a website of slovak newspapers. But if you want: http://sport.sme.sk/c/6710529/hossov...ras-mozgu.html
Translation:

Quote:
BRATISLAVA. Vancouver Forward Jannik Hansen got a foul on Marian Hossa in utorňajšom NHL game in Chicago stop at one game. He decided to head Disciplinary Committee NHL Brendan Shanahan. For elbow blow to the head from behind the Danish hockey player sat out the third period of two minutes, now come to an additional punishment.

Shanahan saw the entry 'unlawful forearm blow to the head, ruthless and violent. "Hansen missed Canucks team in Thursday's game in Dallas. The plate comes about $ 7297. It is his first in the NHL disciplinary action.
Tridsaťštyriročný Hossa after stroke remained lying on the ice. Went to the dressing room shaken, then support the team doctor. In April 2012 suffered in the match play off at the same location on the United Center ice severe concussion after rough foul Rafi Torres. Phoenix attacker then got a penalty for 25 games, then eased him to 21 sessions. Hossa was treated until December.

"With Marian I phoned after the game. He was at home, he felt quite well, "said his father Frantisek Hossa. "He has a concussion. On Thursday, he waited for medical examinations. After them decide whether it will be able to start in Friday's game against San Jose. "

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
I just wanted to make you sure that he is OK. I consider his father to be trustworthy when talking about his son´s health, especially, when it is good news.
I know man. We all know that here. Always post a link though. We love Hossa and we're all holding our breath to make sure that he's ok so ANY news about him is gigantic. Thanks for taking the time to look it up though.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:27 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
"With Marian I phoned after the game. He was at home, he felt quite well, "said his father Frantisek Hossa. "He has a concussion. On Thursday, he waited for medical examinations. After them decide whether it will be able to start in Friday's game against San Jose. "
Dammit

Old
02-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Dammit
I know. He has a concussion. Sucks.

Wasted Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:31 AM
ChiTownPhilly

Send a message via AIM to ChiTownPhilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
A few more games would have been nice just to see the reaction from all the Canucks fans
A few more games would have been nice, just to put a memo out that there'll be palpable consequences to players without a significant fraction of the victim's ability making (choose one or more) dirty/reckless/uncontrolled plays that result in the injury of NHL stars. However, as has already been hinted here, the NHL front-office continues to be the-gang-that-can't-shoot-straight on this front...

Last edited by ChiTownPhilly: 02-21-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: redundant word removed
ChiTownPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
ChiTownHawks

Quote:
Dammit
Looks like that is a Google translation and it sounds like pretty broken English so I would not trust it. Everything around being said before and after makes it sound like he does not have another one.

Unless you are being sarcastic, b/c then I'm slow.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Cullksinikers

FYI, Google Translate isn't always reliable. I learned the hard way in Spanish.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Looks like that is a Google translation and it sounds like pretty broken English so I would not trust it. Everything around being said before and after makes it sound like he does not have another one.

No sarcasm. I dont know man, his dad says "he has a concussion". I dont live in Czechoslovakia or the Czech Republic or Slovakia for that matter, nor do i speak the language but seemed pretty clear to me.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:

I am slow too. And hoping for the best.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:46 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:

article is saying that he has NOT concussion
http://translate.google.com/#auto/en...otras%20mozgu. <-place dot on the end of sentence..

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:49 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
http://translate.google.com/#auto/en...otras%20mozgu. <-place dot on the end of sentence..

Thanks for the clarification. Machine translators like Google are not reliable.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

It would be great if someone on here spoke the language and could do an actual translation. I love Google, but not for its translation capabilities.

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:52 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

the picture makes me sad

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:52 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

The OP is Slovak.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I wouldn't have any issue at all if contact to the head was an automatic 5 minute major. You just don't do it.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:01 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
It would be great if someone on here spoke the language and could do an actual translation. I love Google, but not for its translation capabilities.
BRATISLAVA. Vancouver Forward Jannik Hansen got stop in one game after foul on Marian Hossa in Tuesday's NHL game in Chicago . Head of Disciplinary Committee NHL Brendan Shanahan made this decision. For elbow punch to the head from behind the Danish hockey player was punished with 2 minutes penalty. Additional punishment came today.

Shanahan saw the ' illegal forearm punch to the head, ruthless and violent'. "Hansen Canucks team will miss Thursday's game in Dallas. Financial penalty is about $ 7297. It is his first disciplinary punishment in the NHL.

34 yo Hossa remained lying on the ice after stroke. Went to the dressing room shaken, then supported by the team doctor. …description of his last concussion…

I called with Marian. He was at home, he felt fine" said his father Fratnisek Hossa. "He doesn't have the concussion. On Thursday he has another medical examinations. After these examinations it will be decided if he plays against San Jose"

I am sick at home. but I hope it helps little bit
if you want fix grammar please. (then paste it here or send me PM) It will help me to make my English better

Last edited by slovakfan*: 02-21-2013 at 10:09 AM.
slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:05 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
BRATISLAVA. Vancouver Forward Jannik Hansen got stop in one game after foul on Marian Hossa in thursday NHL game in Chicago . Head of Disciplinary Committee NHL Brendan Shanahan made this decision. For elbow punch to the head from behind the Danish hockey player was punished with 2 minutes penalty. Additional punishment came today.

Shanahan saw the ' illegal forearm punch to the head, ruthless and violent. "Hansen Canucks team will miss Thursday's game in Dallas. Financial penalty is about $ 7297. It is his first in the NHL disciplinary punishment.

34 yo Hossa remained lying on the ice after stroke. Went to the dressing room shaken, then supported by the team doctor. …description of his last concussion…

I called with Marian. He was at home, he felt fine" said his father Fratnisek Hossa. "He doesn't have the concussion. On Thursday he has another medical examinations. After these examinations will be decided if he plays against San Jose"

if you want fix grammar. (send me PM) It will help me to make my English better
Thanks for the fix man! You're English is fantastic for being a second language.

Edit: Hope that doesn't come across as a backhanded compliment

Last edited by xX Hot Fuss: 02-21-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old
02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
BRATISLAVA. Vancouver Forward Jannik Hansen got stop in one game after foul on Marian Hossa in Tuesday's NHL game in Chicago . Head of Disciplinary Committee NHL Brendan Shanahan made this decision. For elbow punch to the head from behind the Danish hockey player was punished with 2 minutes penalty. Additional punishment came today.

Shanahan saw the ' illegal forearm punch to the head, ruthless and violent'. "Hansen Canucks team will miss Thursday's game in Dallas. Financial penalty is about $ 7297. It is his first disciplinary punishment in the NHL.

I called with Marian. He was at home, he felt fine" said his father Fratnisek Hossa. "He doesn't have the concussion. On Thursday he has another medical examinations. After these examinations it will be decided if he plays against San Jose"

if you want fix grammar please. (then paste it here or send me PM) It will help me to make my English better
Thank you very much! Much appreciated!

Kurtosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:33 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:

Thanks for the info, good job on the English. Here is a revision to help you:

BRATISLAVA. Vancouver Forward Jannik Hansen got suspended after a penalty on Marian Hossa in Tuesday's NHL game in Chicago. The decision was made by Brendan Shanahan, the Head of the NHL Disciplinary Committee. For an elbow to the head from behind, the Danish hockey player was punished with a 2 minute penalty. Additional punishment came today.

Shanahan saw the ' illegal forearm punch to the head, ruthless and violent'. "The Canucks' Hansen will miss Thursday's game in Dallas. The financial penalty is about $7297. It is his first disciplinary punishment in the NHL.

The 34 year old Hossa remained lying on the ice after the hit. He walked to the dressing room shaken, then was supported by the team doctor. …description of his last concussion…

I spoke with Marian. "He was at home and he said he felt fine" said his father Fratnisek Hossa. "He doesn't have a concussion. On Thursday, he will undergo other medical examinations. After these examinations it will be decided if he plays against San Jose"

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:35 AM
ChiTownHawks

Quote:
Thanks. That's what I thought. Google translate had his dad saying he feels fine and they are testing to see if can play on Friday, but he has a concussion. That is how I knew it was off. When you have a concussion you don't feel fine and playing the next day is not on the table.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up!