HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 07:16 AM
  #51
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 8,857
vCash: 539
I don't think you can evaluate our players strictly from the pittsburgh games.

For some reason our guys really step up their play against them. Yet they are unable to duplicate the performance against other teams ( i.e. NJD)

This was the first game all year where i though couturier was a beast. Why can't he show it more often.... If he doesn't we can't solely judge him from these few games.

Jtown is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:36 AM
  #52
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't think I would advocate trading Couturier, but if the right deal came along I wouldn't be opposed to it.
That goes for any player. I think trading Couturier now is a huge mistake because you won't be getting full value for him. He is nowhere physically mature enough yet and he probably shouldn't have been playing in the league last year. Claude Giroux really didn't start to shine in the NHL until he was 22-23 years old. Same with Jeff Carter. Couturier is 20. Give him some time.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:49 AM
  #53
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
gagne had those seasons because of forsberg. you center read with giroux for an entire season and he could muscle his way to a 40 goal season. its just hard to believe until you see it.
gags had a pretty good year when forsberg was out. he was a 1st liner in his own right.

i like read but he is to the sniper role what hartnell is to the power forward adequate but not ideal. he can compliment giroux but id rather a natural scorer for that role

captainpaxil is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:57 AM
  #54
BernieParent
HFB Partner
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I don't think you can evaluate our players strictly from the pittsburgh games.

For some reason our guys really step up their play against them. Yet they are unable to duplicate the performance against other teams ( i.e. NJD)

This was the first game all year where i though couturier was a beast. Why can't he show it more often.... If he doesn't we can't solely judge him from these few games.
Flyers - Penguins is like dumping sugar cubes into a kindergarten. Every player on both sides looks like they are on sensory overload and that it's SCF #7. Teams like the Devils are consistently good because they rarely get off the system.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:49 AM
  #55
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't think I would advocate trading Couturier, but if the right deal came along I wouldn't be opposed to it.
You can't trade Coots for the simple fact he's planted inside Baby Huey's head for the next ten years.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:56 AM
  #56
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,607
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade Couts right now at all. The only player I would consider trading him for is Piety out of St Louis. Young capable #1 dman, but we would have to add a lot. Couts is still just 20 years old and seems to be working through the sophmore slump the same way Schenn has. Our center depth is amazing, and I see Laughton playing on our 4th line next year or even the next. We have time to let our centers grow and mature into NHL stars. Couts offensive game scares me a little, but then after games like last night you see why he has all the potential scouts saw in him.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
  #57
CyborgLindros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade Couts. 20 year old who once again shut down Malkin last night. Defensively he showed his strengths last year and his offensive upside can be seen from his work in Jr's and the Pens series last year.

CyborgLindros is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:42 AM
  #58
CyborgLindros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
In other news McGinn getting the healthy scratch two days in a row? Harry Z replacing him? Idk if it means he just needed to watch a few or if he's being floated out as bait/being sent back down?

CyborgLindros is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
  #59
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,016
vCash: 500
I thought Couturier seemed faster last night. It was kind of odd because it was a very noticeable difference.

Protest is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM
  #60
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgLindros View Post
In other news McGinn getting the healthy scratch two days in a row? Harry Z replacing him? Idk if it means he just needed to watch a few or if he's being floated out as bait/being sent back down?
Or Harry Z is being showcased? He will should be back in the lineup with Matt Read hurt.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:39 AM
  #61
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,607
vCash: 500
Also doesn't anyone else find it weird that Mcginn still be a healthy scratch? I don't see why we wouldn't send him back down to the AHL if they are going to keep sitting him? Maybe they are in trade talks for ROR and Mcginn might be part of the package? Of course more would be included, but they don't want to risk injury? Harry Z should not be in there over Mcginn though.

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:04 AM
  #62
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,715
vCash: 50
Harry Z has shown little why he should be in over Tye Mcginn.
trade showcase? What are you gonna get for Harry Z? A 7th round pick?

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:09 AM
  #63
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
What are you gonna get for Harry Z?
On HF?? Bobby Ryan straight up.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 AM
  #64
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,679
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Harry Z has shown little why he should be in over Tye Mcginn.
trade showcase? What are you gonna get for Harry Z? A 7th round pick?
At which point everyone would act like a 7th round pick is worthless and the trade was terrible...then he will trade a 7th round pick and everyone will lose their mind about how stupid Homer is with draft picks.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:27 AM
  #65
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This was the first game all year where i though couturier was a beast. Why can't he show it more often.... If he doesn't we can't solely judge him from these few games.
Watching the game last night I was thinking the same thing about Couturier. It's not that he's been actually bad in other games, but he's only been, well, middling. I do think he has more in him, but unfortunately this season, apart from a couple of flashes, he hasn't shown it yet. There's still plenty of games to played, though, and I'm not worried about him.

Ryker is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:37 AM
  #66
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,715
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
At which point everyone would act like a 7th round pick is worthless and the trade was terrible...then he will trade a 7th round pick and everyone will lose their mind about how stupid Homer is with draft picks.
right. Just a tad different then trading a 2nd and a 4th for Kubina.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:46 AM
  #67
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,679
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
right. Just a tad different then trading a 2nd and a 4th for Kubina.
I never said that was a good trade, but it is interesting to note that he gets killed for that move (and others in the same category), but when he gets draft picks it is simply glossed over. While he has probably traded more draft picks than he has received (though I never actually counted), he has also received a number in return for players. The ones he gets back never seem to register the ecstatic response I would expect from the people who lose their minds when one is traded. Wouldn't you think if people get so mad that he traded away a precious 2nd and 4th rounder that when he got a 2nd and two 4th rounders back after that people would be jumping for joy?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:57 AM
  #68
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 33,694
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
At which point everyone would act like a 7th round pick is worthless and the trade was terrible...then he will trade a 7th round pick and everyone will lose their mind about how stupid Homer is with draft picks.
Yeah, no. Not at all.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:58 AM
  #69
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,607
vCash: 500
Really let's not turn this into a Homer thread please.

Harry Z isn't worth a lot. Let's not mention trading him lol.

Also add Boyd Gordon to the list of players that I would like to acquire if Phoenix is out of it and we are in it.


Last edited by Prongo: 02-21-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Prongo is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
  #70
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I thought Couturier seemed faster last night. It was kind of odd because it was a very noticeable difference.
He was more noticeable..however not sure why he tried to pass on that one scoring attempt where he was right on Vokoun's doorstep....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:11 PM
  #71
Larry44
FlyersTankNation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
At which point everyone would act like a 7th round pick is worthless and the trade was terrible...then he will trade a 7th round pick and everyone will lose their mind about how stupid Homer is with draft picks.
Nominated: Post of the Month.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  #72
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,715
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I never said that was a good trade, but it is interesting to note that he gets killed for that move (and others in the same category), but when he gets draft picks it is simply glossed over. While he has probably traded more draft picks than he has received (though I never actually counted), he has also received a number in return for players. The ones he gets back never seem to register the ecstatic response I would expect from the people who lose their minds when one is traded. Wouldn't you think if people get so mad that he traded away a precious 2nd and 4th rounder that when he got a 2nd and two 4th rounders back after that people would be jumping for joy?
yeah. there is a double standard. you keep telling yourself that. I hope it makes you feel better.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
  #73
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,607
vCash: 500
Honestly how do we feel about Jay Bouwmeester people? He has played pretty well this year in Calgary, and if we can get them to retain some salary, would you pull the trigger on a deal for him?

Prongo is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  #74
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,679
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yeah. there is a double standard. you keep telling yourself that. I hope it makes you feel better.
Yeah, maybe there isn't. That is why so many people on here get so excited about the draft picks Homer has acquired. Like when he flipped Ryan Parent for a third rounder. If the Flyers had traded a third rounder for Ryan Parent at that point in his career, Homer would have been flamed beyond belief for his poor asset management and loss of such a valuable pick for such a ****** player. He gets a third rounder for him and it is rarely ever mentioned after the few days after the trade is made. Certainly never mentioned when people are talking about his track record of trading valuable picks away. But yeah, it is probably just my imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Honestly how do we feel about Jay Bouwmeester people? He has played pretty well this year in Calgary, and if we can get them to retain some salary, would you pull the trigger on a deal for him?
I'd be in to that. I wonder what it would take. Picks and/or prospects or if they would want a roster player or more?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 12:47 PM
  #75
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,715
vCash: 50
im not turning this into a Holmgren hate thread or whatever DFF. If you want to bump that Holmgren thread from last week feel free. Otherwise you will just be talking to yourself in this thread on the subject.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.