Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets interested in O'Reilly? UPDATE: CGY Offer sheet COL matches

Old
02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
Colorado isn't interested in Postma, their defensive situation is similar to ours. Lots of offensive RHD.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:44 AM
almostawake

vCash: 500
I think there are a lot of good points being made in this thread regarding RoR's whole situations with the Avs.

I respect the fact that the Avs are trying to limit 2nd contracts to bridge contracts. But at the same time there's no reason the Jets should play by the same rules. They've already handed out large 2nd contracts that buy UFA years. If they feel RoR is up to that standard then they should pull the trigger.

What RoR would cost is a pretty big issue though. I'm not certain what we'd have to send to beat the offers they have on the table. I view him as a player that has a good chance to develop in to something close to Patrice Bergeron so I'd be behind them paying the price to make it happen.

I think that Zachy Goj's point regarding the Av's handling of RoR is really why he isn't signed yet. I think that all last season they (Avs brass) were praising RoR as a high character player, one that they were happy to be building around and a guy they were asking to take on more of a leadership role in the dressing room. Then when it came to negotiate the contract they started playing all that down, saying he's shown some promise but still isn't there, etc. I can definitely see why this was upsetting from the point of view of RoR's camp. Money, of course, is the overriding issue but they have handled the situation quite poorly IMO.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:54 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Maybe getting this kid into Winnipeg gives Kane a big break in terms of attention But yeah, a meddling dad a la Lindros (or was that the mother?) maybe not going to go over well in Winnipeg.

I don't want to see us trade Burmistrov. I know he's not bringing the points but he's bringing everything else to the table and really is still finding his way in the NHL IMO. I'd say keep him. I understand it will take something very good to get ROR here but Burmistrov wouldn't be who I want to move. How about Postma, Antropov and a bucket of pucks?
The way I see it is that ROR as he currently is as a player is what we all hope Burmistrov turns into. ROR is an exceptionally good two-way player has shown himself capable of scoring 50+ points while being roughly the same age as Burmie.

I personally would take the proven player in ROR then bank on Burmiatrov taking the next step offensively. If Burmistrov and Postma get it done I do that trade every time.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:06 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
The way I see it is that ROR as he currently is as a player is what we all hope Burmistrov turns into. ROR is an exceptionally good two-way player has shown himself capable of scoring 50+ points while being roughly the same age as Burmie.

I personally would take the proven player in ROR then bank on Burmiatrov taking the next step offensively. If Burmistrov and Postma get it done I do that trade every time.
Yeah, I'm just greedy. I want to keep Burmistrov and have ROR as well. Maybe not feasible in the scheme of things.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:29 AM
flyingjay

vCash: 1500
I also am a big fan of Burmi...but RoR seems exactly what Chevy wants on this team. A gritty power forward who can score. Still not a true #1 centre (yet) but pretty darn close. I would support Burmi + Postma + Chicago 2nd.

From what I recall, didn't Chevy make a run at M. Richards before he went to LA? I hope Chevy is giving it his best shot...but not at the expense of a roster player and our 1st rounder. We have assets...so I see why the rumors are there. But we can be sure that if Sherman thinks our offer is about the same as another team from the East, he's making the deal with them simply due to re-alignment.

flyingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Maybe getting this kid into Winnipeg gives Kane a big break in terms of attention But yeah, a meddling dad a la Lindros (or was that the mother?) maybe not going to go over well in Winnipeg.

I don't want to see us trade Burmistrov. I know he's not bringing the points but he's bringing everything else to the table and really is still finding his way in the NHL IMO. I'd say keep him. I understand it will take something very good to get ROR here but Burmistrov wouldn't be who I want to move. How about Postma, Antropov and a bucket of pucks?

Old
02-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Agree. I'd even add one of our 2nd round picks to the deal if it got it done.

Burmistrov + Postma + 2nd

Many Jets fans will probably look at that and call me crazy, call it overpayment, and that's fair. Maybe it is, but if it got us a guy who from all accounts could be (he's almost there in my opinion and is still very young..) a Mike Richards, sign me up. Every single time.

02-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Libertyhaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post

Many Jets fans will probably look at that and call me crazy, call it overpayment, and that's fair. Maybe it is, but if it got us a guy who from all accounts could be (he's almost there in my opinion and is still very young..) a Mike Richards, sign me up. Every single time.
I'd pull the trigger on that. No need to give up Little

Libertyhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
I am not interested in giving up the moon for a second line center. But that said, I would easily give him $4.5-5.0M over 5-6 years. We don't have any guys that are giving it 100% every night and producing and ROR can bring that. Short term he'd probably be #1C, but I think everyone and their grandmother knows TNSE will be looking for a long term option at #1 Center.

Little or Burmi+ a 2nd rounder would hurt a bit, but I'd probably pull the trigger on either. I mean it might not be great value for what Colorado wants either...But both are capable two way guys. Little might make more sense as he can easily play wing on a team that has two solid centres on it already. Tough to say.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:57 AM
PaperRockChamp

How are you guys determining your value on ROR? I have never noticed him in the one or two Colorado games i've seen in the last year or so.. How many Avs games have you guys watched since he's been in the league?

Also, from what I've seen, Colorado isn't demanding 1st/2nd line C value return, they are not putting a value on him, and saying "make us and offer"?

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:59 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Goj View Post

I'm on the fence with this one. At the beginning of the season I would have pulled the trigger in a second, but Burmi seems to be just starting to find is way.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyhaze View Post
I'd pull the trigger on that. No need to give up Little
Me too. That would hurt, but I'd do it for Burmi, Postma and a 2nd. Not sure the Avs do, but...

And, OT, very cool avatar!

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
How are you guys determining your value on ROR? I have never noticed him in the one or two Colorado games i've seen in the last year or so.. How many Avs games have you guys watched since he's been in the league?

Also, from what I've seen, Colorado isn't demanding 1st/2nd line C value return, they are not putting a value on him, and saying "make us and offer"?
From reports I have read in the last week, Colorado wanted a high pick, roster player, and high end prospect.

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 1066
IMO they're asking way too much for him. His numbers were inflated by his linemates and his value is way lower without a contract. Burmistrov + Postmaster is too much - the Jets aren't the ones dealing from a position of weakness. Little/Postmaster + picks (not a first) should be all the Jets are willing to give. Avs can take it or leave it.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:02 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
You really think Colorado would take a guy who can't score (Burmi) for a guy who can, they are only a year apart in age.

Little, and a pick might work though.

The Jets are currently over paying two forwards $4.5 million each who don't do anything so paying $4.5M for a guy that can score might work.
Both born in 91.

jetkarma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
IMO they're asking way too much for him. His numbers were inflated by his linemates and his value is way lower without a contract. Burmistrov + Postmaster is too much - the Jets aren't the ones dealing from a position of weakness. Little/Postmaster + picks (not a first) should be all the Jets are willing to give. Avs can take it or leave it.
....i personally think little has more value then burmi...or am i out to lunch?

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjay View Post
I also am a big fan of Burmi...but RoR seems exactly what Chevy wants on this team. A gritty power forward who can score. Still not a true #1 centre (yet) but pretty darn close. I would support Burmi + Postma + Chicago 2nd.

From what I recall, didn't Chevy make a run at M. Richards before he went to LA? I hope Chevy is giving it his best shot
...but not at the expense of a roster player and our 1st rounder. We have assets...so I see why the rumors are there. But we can be sure that if Sherman thinks our offer is about the same as another team from the East, he's making the deal with them simply due to re-alignment.
i believe he was in the conversation for mike richards, but holmer was trying ot hose him, Kane + bogo for mikey..

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:19 PM
jetkarma

From what has been mentioned as the price Colorado wants back I doubt the Jets have any serious interest.

I mentioned I don't think they would take Burmistrov and player like Postma , they have 2 high priced centers and don't want to pay ROR equally imo. They would like a top 6 player with a good contract , a high high draft pick and a legitimate prospect. That is an awful lot , although I do really like ROR and he would fit in and look really good here imo.

The one thing is there seems to be no chance he signs with Colorado , so at some point the asking price may become more reasonable. Or not.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:20 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I agree. Little is a proven commodity and one that I'd lime to hang onto with the intention of converting him to RW full time. Trading him for ROR just seems likea lateral move to me not to mmention it creates another hole in the top 6.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post

They've asked for Michael Del Zotto to be included in a package for RoR.

Without even considering that they want players in addition to him, Del Zotto alone is a pretty high price.

As far as RoR goes. I only watched ~5 of his games last season. He's good. He draws the hardest matchups and holds his own. He's growing offensively.

I mean, he's far from a finished product but he'd easily be the Jets best center and probably their most effective and important forward.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
I think so as well , the only way he doesn't is if one believes that Burmistrov will put things together , consistently and produce. So far imo that is a pretty big assumption. Not impossible however.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Libertyhaze

Quote:
No man, you're spot on. Alot of people on these boards over rate burmi.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
From what has been mentioned as the price Colorado wants back I doubt the Jets have any serious interest.

I mentioned I don't think they would take Burmistrov and player like Postma , they have 2 high priced centers and don't want to pay ROR equally imo. They would like a top 6 player with a good contract , a high high draft pick and a legitimate prospect. That is an awful lot , although I do really like ROR and he would fit in and look really good here imo.

The one thing is there seems to be no chance he signs with Colorado , so at some point the asking price may become more reasonable. Or not.
Err, you do know that the contract they've offered RoR is literally identical to the one Duchene has right now?

Old
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Libertyhaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Me too. That would hurt, but I'd do it for Burmi, Postma and a 2nd. Not sure the Avs do, but...

And, OT, very cool avatar!
Thx! I was playing around with 3rd logo ideas, I was gonna post the full sized image in another thread till I noticed you already made something pretty much exactly the same without the compass great minds think alike

Old
02-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Libertyhaze

Quote:
I agree. Little is a proven commodity and one that I'd lime to hang onto with the intention of converting him to RW full time. Trading him for ROR just seems likea lateral move to me not to mmention it creates another hole in the top 6.
Exactly! Good post