HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bouwmeester expected to net the Flames a "hefty" return

Old
02-21-2013, 10:45 AM
RedMenace
100% Less Babcock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Bouwmeester for Kindl, Nyquist and a 1st in 2014.
How about something more like:

Flippula or Franzen: both top-6 wingers who can put up ~60 points.

Quincey or Kindl:
Either one of these guys give the middle-pairing some all-around effectiveness

McCollum or Gustavsson: With Calgary's question marks in goal this season (and potentially going forward), Gustavsson might make sense as a 1b, and McCollum isn't quite a bust yet -- but he's not going to progress any further in the Wings orgainzation

A pick conditional on whether or not Filppula re-signs

Or if Calgary is in need of any bottom-6 guys, we have a butt-tonne of those not named Helm or Tootoo.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post

Quincey or Kindl:

McCollum or Gustavsson: With Calgary's question marks in goal this season (and potentially going forward), Gustavsson might make sense as a 1b, and McCollum isn't quite a bust yet -- but he's not going to progress any further in the Wings orgainzation

Or if Calgary is in need of any bottom-6 guys, we have a butt-tonne of those not named Helm or Tootoo.

Honestly, nothing in that really helps us moving forward.

Filp and Franzen are both great, but they are really stop-gaps, If the Flames unload Jaybo they are signalling a rebuild, we dont need top 6 guys coming back if that is the case (we already have about 5 too many).

Dont need Goalies, as much as our goaltending has been an issue, its not a priority, plus we have Ramo coming over next year.

We need young players and picks.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Reign Nateo

Canucks fan, but people underrate Bouwmeester. He's an incredible skater, clears the net well, and is normally in the right position. Highly coachable and makes good, smart plays out of his zone. Have to look beyond stats sometimes.

I think people would be surprised by the return, he'd be highly regarded around the league. Though maybe not quite what the OP is anticipating.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:06 AM
rajuabju
The One & Only

maybe they meant 'big' as in 'fatty' ???

if so, Kings offer Dustin Penner for JB

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:13 AM
bsmith14

To Philly:

Bouwmeester

To Calgary:

2nd round pick 2013
Nicklas Grossmann
Scott Laughton

bsmith14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Halak Ness Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
A quality prospect and a late 1st? Absolutely..
Exactly.

For the Blues it'd be something like Rattie and a 1st.

1-2 firsts, a blue chip prospect, and a young roster player is ridiculous.

JayBo is soft, has no playoff experience, and has a terrible contract that doesn't warrant giving up a plethora of young assets.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 AM
THW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

I see a team like Detroit offering Filppula, Kindl and Frk.
No way...Maybe Abdelkader with Mursak and a 4th or Abs and maybe Nyquist. No way Fil++.

THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Bieber fever

Let me check his playoff stats before giving a 1st , a blu chip prospect and a young roster player

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Sam67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
I'm asking for Bouwmeester, not Chris Letang.

Letang is always hurt. As well as his other attributes JBo is the current iron man in the NHL

Sam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by THW View Post
No way...Maybe Abdelkader with Mursak and a 4th or Abs and maybe Nyquist. No way Fil++.
The Flames would have no interest in an expiring contract like Filppula anyway, nor anyone above the age of 26.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Petes2424

Quote:

Quincey or Kindl:

Filppula would be a good fit for the Flames but his contract is a question. I actually think Detroit might be able to move Franzen even with his contract.

Im not sure the Flames would be interested in either Quincey or Kindl

McCollum is destined to be nothing. This might be his best year but he's not exactly appealing. Gustavsson on the other hand is still intriguing. Like Fasth, he might just need a little more maturing but his actual skill is there.

If Detroit wants him, it's going to be something more like Nyquist, Sproul and Gustavsson. That is a hefty price but it might be in Detroit's best interest. Especially the way he's currently playing.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:28 AM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster View Post
Exactly.

For the Blues it'd be something like Rattie and a 1st.

1-2 firsts, a blue chip prospect, and a young roster player is ridiculous.

JayBo is soft, has no playoff experience, and has a terrible contract that doesn't warrant giving up a plethora of young assets.
Not a flames fan but I think that would be a fair offer that goes back to the offseason.
I think he would look good with the blues. Has hitchcock ever coached him with team Canada or anything?
I also think that he could be useful with the Avs. Perhaps a trade of Statsny straight up for him. However with ROR holding out this may deplete their centre position too much.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
goal1228

I wonder if something around Bouwmeester and Okposo might work?

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
RedMenace
100% Less Babcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
If Detroit wants him, it's going to be something more like Nyquist, Sproul and Gustavsson. That is a hefty price but it might be in Detroit's best interest. Especially the way he's currently playing.
Okay, so more younger guys than roster players. I think they're going to give Nyquist an honest shot next season, and Sproul is arguably exactly what the Wings need coming down the pipe. How about Ouelett, Jurco, Gustavsson?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Okay, so more younger guys than roster players. I think they're going to give Nyquist an honest shot next season, and Sproul is arguably exactly what the Wings need coming down the pipe. How about Ouelett, Jurco, Gustavsson?
Ouellet is better than Sproul and has a legitimate shot at playing in the NHL as soon as next season. Jurco is hit or miss... The deal's not out of the question though depending on what Calgary really is gonna want. If they want a guy who can play in the NHL today, they'll ask for a Nyquist, Tatar, Smith, etc.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I liken Bouwmeester to Redden, except Redden had a longer period of success, whereas whatever success Bouwmeester has had (if you could call it that) came was with the Panthers, and since departing he has regressed dramatically. Funny how both Redden and Bouwmeester declined after signing big, fat contracts.

In reality, Bouwmeester would be a good #2-3 defenseman behind a better player and a formidable defense, which again, Redden had the benefit of when he had Chara and a solid defensive fort to play with in Ottawa. These players aren't go-to-defensemen.

Bouwmeester won't yield a big return. Maybe a mid-late 1st and a prospect with some promise and an okay player who can play now. That's the best I think Feaster could get if he dealt Bouwmeester.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I hope they ship him out for Jack Johnson. That would make my next decade of watching hockey, I think!
This will happen approximately never in a million years. Contract situations, player attitudes, and the very lateral nature of the move all combine to make it so jaw-droppingly stupid that JK would set a franchise record for "shortest amount of time from hiring to firing."

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Prongo
Beer

I think if you get Bouw out of Calgary he might surprise some people.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
MisterD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Let me check his playoff stats before giving a 1st , a blu chip prospect and a young roster player
His playoff stats are impeccable, never lost a playoff game.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Mac Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
I don't know how many of you caught this, but on tonight's Kings/Flames broadcast on TSN, Gord Miller mentioned that if the Flames were to put Jay Bouwmeester on the trading block, he would net the Flames a "substantial" return, especially as we get closer to the trade deadline.

Bouwmeester's having his best season as a Flame. He's still relatively young, only has 1 year remaining on his contract, and eats up minutes like crazy! The demand for puck-moving defencemen is also sky high.

Expect the Flames to get back at least one (maybe two) 1st round draft picks, a blue chip prospect, plus a young roster player! And then wait till the rest of the guys (Iginla, Kiprusoff, Tanguay, Cammalleri, etc.) get put on the block!

My mouth is already starting to water.
Your joking right, u honestly think he is gonna land u that much...if so then u can expect 4 1st rounders and 2 top prospects and a super star for Iginla...hahaha what a load of crap, he prob wont even be dealt...i can c iggy goin b4 j-bo...

Mac Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I liken Bouwmeester to Redden, except Redden had a longer period of success, whereas whatever success Bouwmeester has had (if you could call it that) came was with the Panthers, and since departing he has regressed dramatically. Funny how both Redden and Bouwmeester declined after signing big, fat contracts.

In reality, Bouwmeester would be a good #2-3 defenseman behind a better player and a formidable defense, which again, Redden had the benefit of when he had Chara and a solid defensive fort to play with in Ottawa. These players aren't go-to-defensemen.

Bouwmeester won't yield a big return. Maybe a mid-late 1st and a prospect with some promise and an okay player who can play now. That's the best I think Feaster could get if he dealt Bouwmeester.
The value you give might be fair and could ultimately be what he's worth. Only though, due to his contract. However, comparing him to Redden is just not fair and saying he's regressed dramatically is stretching it on a pretty large scale. He's a top 2 D and he's playing like it. Redden never really did that after his contract.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I think if you get Bouw out of Calgary he might surprise some people.
i dont get this comment... hes been great all year, he looks like a 6million dollar defense man now

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
i dont get this comment... hes been great all year, he looks like a 6million dollar defense man now
A lot of people argue about the money he makes his offensive production isn't there. You don't pay a defender 6.8 million per year to play solid defense. He has been putting up more offense this season, but overall he has been pretty bad offensively his whole time in Calgary.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Soft + Avoiding physical contact = ironman

Nonsense, there are truck loads of truly soft players that get hurt all the time.

A guy that is a good Dman, excellent pkiller and eats up 25 minutes a game year after year after year is invaluable. A guy that plays that much uninterrupted is tough because when other guys sit out with boo boos these guys play, much like cogliano... Oh he's not tough....well except for getting a puck in the mouth, heading to the dressing room and rushing the Dr to stitch him up so he can get back out there.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:23 PM
zombiekopitor

vCash: 50
that was one of the funniest OP I've seen here in a while
That is an astronomical return haha

Detroit would be a great fit, but they don't have much young talent to trade away

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote