HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Anything Goes 6: BBH/Culk Containment Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Hopefully only an hour and a half to go and I'm done with my second 14-hour shift in a row. Hate getting those back to back. Looking forward to parking it on the couch on my day off tomorrow and watching the Hawks game. Love me some Sunday afternoon hockey.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Cullksinikers

A kid I've known almost my whole life just won a state title down at U of I for wrestling. So awesome.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:54 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Had some Korean BBQ tonight. So god damn good.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

What do you do, Blue Liner?

Old
02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post

Sitting here on the couch about to have a cold cut sandwich and a miller after my 14 hour shift and I see that? Rude.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:00 AM
digdug41982

They put it on a tee, Culk, where's the one liner?

Old
02-17-2013, 09:25 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Weekly weigh in report... under 190 lbs for probably the first time in a decade, though just barely.

Only lost just over two pounds this week, though. Hopefully because I accidentally cheated on my diet for the first time (misread a menu, ordered what I thought was a roasted chicken but it was a breaded broasted chicken), so went well over my carb amount there, and not that I'm beginning to hit a wall.

Fingers crossed that another week of no cheating on my diet increases my weight loss... though that's assuming I don't cheat at Soldier Field today for the doubleheader!

Old
02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Sitting here on the couch about to have a cold cut sandwich and a miller after my 14 hour shift and I see that? Rude.
It was even better than it looked. First time I had ever done the Korean BBQ thing. Will definitely be doing again. It's a fun way to go out with friends and share some food.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:22 AM
RayP

What the hell did I just read?

Many Suburban Cops Allowed To Work "Half Drunk"

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigat...#ixzz2LY0KMGlJ

Old
02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
What do you do, Blue Liner?
I'm a paramedic.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
What the hell did I just read?

Many Suburban Cops Allowed To Work "Half Drunk"

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigat...#ixzz2LY0KMGlJ
On the news last week, they were talking about how the city has already went through millions of dollars they had budgeted to pay off the victims of police brutality. ONLY 6 WEEKS INTO THE YEAR, IT WAS ALL GONE! They mentioned that a couple of the guys who had wrongfully shot/killed people were drunk at the time. They haven't even been suspended and are working desk jobs instead. When they were asked if there would be any further discipline, they declined to comment.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:47 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:

Looks like the stuff I get in my area. I think most Korean places serve it like that. Its very good and Ill have it often but the meat isnt marinated. Flavor comes from the dipping sauce which I like.

I like the marinated meat but its hard to find b/c its too expensive for restaurants now. Maybe 5 years ago, most used marinate the meat and cook over a real charcoals but that type of restaurant is rare now.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:51 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Looks like the stuff I get in my area. I think most Korean places serve it like that. Its very good and Ill have it often but the meat isnt marinated. Flavor comes from the dipping sauce which I like.

I like the marinated meat but its hard to find b/c its too expensive for restaurants now. Maybe 5 years ago, most used marinate the meat and cook over a real charcoals but that type of restaurant is rare now.
Yeah, our server suggested we get something that is no marinated. He said the marinated stuff is just bland, and like you said, doesn't take advantage of the rest of the stuff they offer.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:14 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

If the meat is marinated, most Korean restaurants do not do a good job of marinating. Their recipe is meh and they dont marinate for as long as they should. 48-72 hours is a good soak time.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Cullksinikers

Speaking of marinated meat, I am getting the greatest tacos in the world Wednesday.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:30 PM
digdug41982

Al Pastor?

Old
02-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Cullksinikers

Biker bar that my neighbors own. Literally the GOAT tacos. I was told they were the best ever, and I was like "Yeah, ********." Well, they are insane. Homemade spicy, green salsa with half melted and half tossed cheese, tomatos, lettuce, and some of the most ridiculously good marinated steak. Some places also gip you out of steak/beef, but this place overloads it and it just pours out when you try to eat it. It's a plethora of deliciousness. They only do it at the bar on Wednesdays for Mexican night. They have a Mexican chef come in, and he does a wicked job. They also have chicken tacos, but I am afraid to be full and not like the chicken one as much as be pissed I could have had the kick ass steak one instead.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:56 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Lol, doesnt sound like any biker bar I remember. Tried to avoid them actually. Outlaws.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Lol, doesnt sound like any biker bar I remember. Tried to avoid them actually. Outlaws.
I never said I was eating the food there.

My neighbor is a b.a. dude. He is cool as hell. You guys will laugh, but I used to go there to watch football on Sundays, including Bears games, up until like four years ago. There are your loudmouth alcoholics and the guys that will yap about women until they go hoarse, but it is still alright. I just won't eat in there.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:08 PM
digdug41982

I remember when I was Columbus, we went to a random bar to go to use the bathroom. I decided it would be good to just buy a quick drink since we were drinking anyway and wanted to use the bathroom. I'm not going to say it was a biker bar, but it was the same type of crowd, middle aged to old, leather jackets, hats, really dingy place too, old, very little lighting. As soon as I opened the door, everybody turns their head to us and it was like a basement in there with the lighting and everything. I decided, let's make that drink a shot, asked them if they had any Patron. They had never heard of it. I asked them if they had any Grey Goose, never heard of it. So I said, fine, I'll have a beer, do you guys have Corona, of course they didn't, so I asked for an MGD, which they had, then asked me if I wanted to drink it from a glass (I got the strong impression they thought I was some kind of yuppy even though I look nothing like it). Of course I laughed and told them to put the glass back. Quickest beer I ever drank though. The guy sitting next to me reminded me of the old boat captain from Jaws.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Cullksinikers

It's not bad atmosphere, and they also don't deal meth out of this place. Just a bunch of people who like to drink (a lot) after work and ride their Harley Davidsons.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
It's not bad atmosphere, and they also don't deal meth out of this place. Just a bunch of people who like to drink (a lot) after work and ride their Harley Davidsons.
You would know?

Old
02-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
You would know?
I guess this is true. It's just a bunch of brochachos that like to guzzle beer after their shifts end.

However, I'm not getting some authentic tacos from the Hells Satans.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Talk about witnessing the lockout first hand. I just took $156,770 off my company's system for Allstate radio ads we couldn't air during Hawks games.

Last edited by IU Hawks fan: 02-21-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old
02-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I remember when I was Columbus, we went to a random bar to go to use the bathroom. I decided it would be good to just buy a quick drink since we were drinking anyway and wanted to use the bathroom. I'm not going to say it was a biker bar, but it was the same type of crowd, middle aged to old, leather jackets, hats, really dingy place too, old, very little lighting. As soon as I opened the door, everybody turns their head to us and it was like a basement in there with the lighting and everything. I decided, let's make that drink a shot, asked them if they had any Patron. They had never heard of it. I asked them if they had any Grey Goose, never heard of it. So I said, fine, I'll have a beer, do you guys have Corona, of course they didn't, so I asked for an MGD, which they had, then asked me if I wanted to drink it from a glass (I got the strong impression they thought I was some kind of yuppy even though I look nothing like it). Of course I laughed and told them to put the glass back. Quickest beer I ever drank though. The guy sitting next to me reminded me of the old boat captain from Jaws.
A place we hit up after the game in Columbus was a bar called 'R Bar'. It was a cool little sports bar a few blocks from the arena...about half the patrons there after the game were Hawks fans.

Closed Thread