HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bouwmeester expected to net the Flames a "hefty" return

Old
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
SheasRebellion6

vCash: 500
When they say "hefty" I think they might mean literally. So Kessel?

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:27 PM
BoeserOfTwoEvils
moron

Are they trading Bouwmeester or Alex Pietrangelo?

BoeserOfTwoEvils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
A lot of people argue about the money he makes his offensive production isn't there. You don't pay a defender 6.8 million per year to play solid defense. He has been putting up more offense this season, but overall he has been pretty bad offensively his whole time in Calgary.
All this conjecture on his return to form on a 15-game sample none the less.

J-Bo is a ideal #2 defenseman. He's overpaid by about 1.5-2M per season, so teams are going to have to be in a position to accept he's not going to deliver on the full monetary value of his contract and that drastically reduces his actual trade value as a result.

Blue Chip Prospect + First Rounder.

That's probably where his value lies today. If he had a more reasonable contract he'd fetch more, or if he played up to the value of his contract.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:38 PM
RedMenace
**** Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Ouellet is better than Sproul and has a legitimate shot at playing in the NHL as soon as next season. Jurco is hit or miss... The deal's not out of the question though depending on what Calgary really is gonna want. If they want a guy who can play in the NHL today, they'll ask for a Nyquist, Tatar, Smith, etc.
I've honestly not seen Ouellet or Sproul much, but one man's trash and all. HF has them rated neck and neck, and the Wings will more than likely keep a big, right-shooting d-man over an average-sized lefty -- but hey, I've been wrong before and it's very likely to happen again, and soon.

Jurco has so much potential, and I just think he's struggling a bit to adapt to the North American game; in his defense, however, it is his first season. I'm really hesitant to give up Tatar or Nyquist, but then again I'm also not the GM, so it doesn't really matter what I think.

Last edited by RedMenace: 02-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:48 PM
LarKing

I'm pretty sure there was a rumor about Calgary wanting three of Nyquist/Smith/Filppula/1st for Jaybo in the summer. That doesn't look as bad now but god I think they're only going to move him if they **** a team in the trade.

LarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I've honestly not seen Ouellet or Sproul much, but one man's trash and all. HF has them rated neck and neck, and the Wings will more than likely keep a big, right-shooting d-man over an average-sized lefty -- but hey, I've been wrong before and it's very likely to happen again, and soon.

Jurco has so much potential, and I just think he's struggling a bit to adapt to the North American game; in his defense, however, it is his first season. I'm really hesitant to give up Tatar or Nyquist, but then again I'm also not the GM, so it doesn't really matter what I think.
Jurco is more struggling with his first pro season. He's pretty adapted to the game as he's been in NA for awhile now. He needs to work on his play without the puck. Which is pretty normal for young skilled players.

I'd be hesitant too in giving up Tatar or Nyquist but the Wings are at a pretty important place in their rebuild/reload, etc. If they gave up Nyquist for instance and Bouwmeester came in and logged 25 minutes a night for 5 years and played well against other teams top players, it wouldnt really matter how good Nyquist ended up being. If he's a 25 goal guy, I'll still take that D guy. Especially when the Wings have more guys in the stream.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Holland has never been a guy to trade much. He's been really loyal and patient. Sometimes though, you have to make a game changing deal.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
kasper11

I think Calgary fans will be disappointed by the return if they are expecting a monster package for JBo. I basically see it as a mid-late first and a decent roster player. Although Calgary could probably get a little more by eating some of the salary.

He has the bad combination of not putting up big numbers and not being a big hitter. Yes, he is good defensively. And yes, he can move the puck up the ice. Both are valuable skills. But teams usually look for more physical play from their stay at home dmen.

Then there is the fact that he is a UFA after next season. That means that a team is getting only 1.5 seasons of him. Maybe he re-signs, but you can't count on that.

I can't think of any players that have gotten a monster return back who were that close to UFA. Kovalchuk returned a first, a decent prospect and two so-so roster players. And he was considered a top-10 player in the league at the time. Hossa brought back a first, a so-so prospect and two ok roster players. Kessel went for 2 firsts and a second, but Toronto expected to be a playoff team (and he was only 24 and signed a long-term deal).

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:59 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I liken Bouwmeester to Redden, except Redden had a longer period of success, whereas whatever success Bouwmeester has had (if you could call it that) came was with the Panthers, and since departing he has regressed dramatically. Funny how both Redden and Bouwmeester declined after signing big, fat contracts.

In reality, Bouwmeester would be a good #2-3 defenseman behind a better player and a formidable defense, which again, Redden had the benefit of when he had Chara and a solid defensive fort to play with in Ottawa. These players aren't go-to-defensemen.

Bouwmeester won't yield a big return. Maybe a mid-late 1st and a prospect with some promise and an okay player who can play now. That's the best I think Feaster could get if he dealt Bouwmeester.
This simply isn't true, his numbers went down due to the fact that Sutter didn't allow him to use his skills, he is the same player. If you watch him now he looks as good if not better than he was in Florida.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:00 PM
RedMenace
**** Cancer

Quote:
Jurco is more struggling with his first pro season. He's pretty adapted to the game as he's been in NA for awhile now. He needs to work on his play without the puck. Which is pretty normal for young skilled players.

I'd be hesitant too in giving up Tatar or Nyquist but the Wings are at a pretty important place in their rebuild/reload, etc. If they gave up Nyquist for instance and Bouwmeester came in and logged 25 minutes a night for 5 years and played well against other teams top players, it wouldnt really matter how good Nyquist ended up being. If he's a 25 goal guy, I'll still take that D guy. Especially when the Wings have more guys in the stream.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Holland has never been a guy to trade much. He's been really loyal and patient. Sometimes though, you have to make a game changing deal.
Yeah, that's something we both agree on.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
I can see Detroit giving them a 1st and thats it.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Kronwall, Cleary, Andersson and Pulkkinen for Jay-Bo

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Wondercarrot
Casual Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Honestly, nothing in that really helps us moving forward.

Filp and Franzen are both great, but they are really stop-gaps, If the Flames unload Jaybo they are signalling a rebuild, we dont need top 6 guys coming back if that is the case (we already have about 5 too many).

Dont need Goalies, as much as our goaltending has been an issue, its not a priority, plus we have Ramo coming over next year.

We need young players and picks.
Ottawa has what you are looking for, unfortunately i dont think anyone in Ottawa wants to know what Calgary wants in return based on the OP.

id give Zibinejad + 2nd rounder 2014 (only because we dont have one this year.)

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:14 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Ottawa has what you are looking for, unfortunately i dont think anyone in Ottawa wants to know what Calgary wants in return based on the OP.

id give Zibinejad + 2nd rounder 2014 (only because we dont have one this year.)
done

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:19 PM
DL44
Use your Game Sense!

vCash: 75
Hmm.. some other D trades:

Zidlicky for a 2nd, 3rd, prospect, depth D, depth F
Methot for a Top 6(9) forward (Foligno)
Schenn for a Top 6 forward (JVR)
Michalek for a 3rd, 2 prospects
Visnovsky for a 2nd
Ellerby, Lovejoy, John Scott for 5th's
Fistric for a 3rd
Oduya for a 2nd and 3rd
Grossman for a 2nd and 3rd
Quincey for a 1st and a prospect
Kubina for a 2nd, 4th, prospect

Yeah.. i think the JBo return will be pretty substantial..

It's funny seeing comments like Brewsky's "I can see Detroit giving them a 1st and thats it." with such certainty when they gave up more for Quincey just the previous yr.

Simple same ol' phenomena of people overrating unknown picks over known talents.

DL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Wondercarrot
Casual Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
done
what? you've accepted?! clearly ive offered too much.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post

Visnovsky for a 2nd
Fistric for a 3rd
Oduya for a 2nd and 3rd

It's funny seeing comments like Brewsky's "I can see Detroit giving them a 1st and thats it." with such certainty when they gave up more for Quincey just the previous yr.

Simple same ol' phenomena of people overrating unknown picks over known talents.
Im by no means a Calgary fan, but you're right. His value is leaps and bounds above most the guys you mentioned. He's going to get a really good return.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:25 PM
DL44
Use your Game Sense!

vCash: 75
Quote:
Im by no means a Calgary fan, but you're right. His value is leaps and bounds above most the guys you mentioned. He's going to get a really good return.
and i'm a canuck fan... But let's be reality here.

DL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:53 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
He's also very good defensively, skates the puck quickly out of danger, and makes a great stretch pass. Oh yeah, and he hardly ever gets injured. Did I mention he also plays 25+ minutes a night?

These guys don't exactly grow on trees.
Well that's what happens when you avoid any kind of physical contact.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:54 PM
TOML

J-Bo for ROR?

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:54 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Just wait and see my friend. Just wait and see!
No you actually won't get that

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:59 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post

Visnovsky for a 2nd
Fistric for a 3rd
Oduya for a 2nd and 3rd

Conditional 2nd, a 3rd, Stephane Veuilleux, Nick Palmieri (bust), and Kurtis Foster

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Puckgenius*

bouwmeester for Seguin

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

In this thread, Flames fans will be seriously disappointed when Jbow is moved for half of the price listed in OPs post.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Co Ho*

I'm going to lol so hard if he gets traded to a contender and they somehow miss the playoffs.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
wwvdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Flyers on the upswing.

You never know.
Bouwmeester might be a play-off beast.

You never know.

wwvdw is offline   Reply With Quote