HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonas Hiller

Old
02-20-2013, 10:41 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
We go from paying Hiller 4.5 mil to paying Miller 6.25 even though Miller hasn't been worth his pay for a few years now AND we give up Bobby with Hiller?

Atleast this makes the Hiller for Kessel crap look better

Personally I doubt we trade Hiller till after the season is over if we do trade him.
o that sucks just as bad

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
o that sucks just as bad
1. Spelling "oh" as "o".

2. Not capitalizing first letter.

3. Not using punctuation.

4. Not giving any reason as to why what he is saying is true.

-All the reasons people should not take this poster seriously.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Hiller wont be traded until the offseason, if at all.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
This Ducks fan agrees with you
Hiller is arguably a top 10 goalie but definitely a top 15 goalie. Basically he's a solid starter. Concerning that list: I take Hiller over Varlomov any day. I also take him over Miller. He's simply not been the same since the lucic incident. Arguably over some of the others too. That puts him at 12th.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:59 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
1. Spelling "oh" as "o".

2. Not capitalizing first letter.

3. Not using punctuation.

4. Not giving any reason as to why what he is saying is true.

-All the reasons people should not take this poster seriously.

Who cares? this is a hockey forum not a national spelling championship. For the record I was on my phone and it screwed up but even if it didn't I'm not going to care half as much on my phone

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Who cares? this is a hockey forum not a national spelling championship. For the record I was on my phone and it screwed up but even if it didn't I'm not going to care half as much on my phone
Its okay your username says it all

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Hiller is arguably a top 10 goalie but definitely a top 15 goalie. Basically he's a solid starter. Concerning that list: I take Hiller over Varlomov any day. I also take him over Miller. He's simply not been the same since the lucic incident. Arguably over some of the others too. That puts him at 12th.
It's close between Varly and Hiller, but Varly has been better lately, so he get's the nod imo.

And you talk about Miller being bad since his concussion, but Hiller has been down right average since his vertigo...same situation.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
And you talk about Miller being bad since his concussion, but Hiller has been down right average since his vertigo...same situation.
Well, Hiller has actually been outstanding the second half of last year. So we already have seen he can still be a top-goalie since that issue. That said, Miller has been huge lateron in the year, as well. They are indeed very similar in quite a few ways, and frankly, if Hiller would be considered to be of somewhat similar value by the common masses, that would help a lot.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:44 AM
palindrom

Anaheim fans, is your asking price for Hiller lower or greater than the asking price for Luongo, Miller or Kiprusoff?

Last edited by palindrom: 02-21-2013 at 09:50 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Anaheim fans, is your asking price for Hiller lower or greater than the asking price for Luongo, Miller or Kiprusoff?
I think it can't be compaired to Luongo. Luongo has an NTC and can decide whether he wants to go to one team, three teams, or anywhere. That drives the asking price. With Miller, I think it would be reasonable to have a slightly lower asking price than him, based on the individuals themselves, but with Buffalo's goaltending situation, they have a far bigger need to keep Miller, which would probably impact their asking price. Then again, I don't see Hiller being shopped in any capacity before September, anyway. With Kipper, I don't know. I don't think anyone is too certain what the asking price for Kipper actually reasonably can be these days. The estimates differ considerably. Can't really say whether we'd be asking for more or less than an unknown quantity.

Anyway, with the situation Buffalo and Calgary would be in given such trades, I think it's very likely we'd be looking for a rather different kind of return, to begin with. I wouldn't expect it to be a rebuilding trade, but one that brings in some quality in a different spot around the lineup.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:07 AM
jameswrjobe53

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
And you call yourself a mod.

I always wanted to say that.
I love this board lol

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
I love this board lol
I hate this board.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
If say1st+something small at draft.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, Hiller has actually been outstanding the second half of last year. So we already have seen he can still be a top-goalie since that issue. That said, Miller has been huge lateron in the year, as well. They are indeed very similar in quite a few ways, and frankly, if Hiller would be considered to be of somewhat similar value by the common masses, that would help a lot.
Miller was pretty good in the second half of last year too.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
This is just delusional. Hiller is nowhere near the top ten, and Miller is ahead of both him and Varly.
Don't comment on a players game if you don't watch them play, it makes you sound completely incredible (as in not credible).

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Miller was pretty good in the second half of last year too.
As I specifically said in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
This is just delusional. Hiller is nowhere near the top ten, and Miller is ahead of both him and Varly.
Don't comment on a players game if you don't watch them play, it makes you sound completely incredible (as in not credible).
Seen plenty, and I tend to agree with him. Hiller is well within a tier of goalies around #6-13 in the league, that all have the high-end play, but lack the consistency to be considered elite, IMO. I have Miller higher than him, as well, but he's pretty similar in many ways, and not worlds away - maybe half a tier.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Seen plenty, and I tend to agree with him. Hiller is well within a tier of goalies around #6-13 in the league, that all have the high-end play, but lack the consistency to be considered elite, IMO. I have Miller higher than him, as well, but he's pretty similar in many ways, and not worlds away - maybe half a tier.
I don't doubt that you have at all, just saying that its asinine to put Hiller>Miller at this point like my quoted poster said. I'm sure you've all heard it plenty of times this year, but our Defense is swiss cheese, and Miller has faced the most shots in the entire league, not exactly helpful to a goalies GAA. He has been phenomenal and won a few games for us this year, he just gets no help from the D. I think he's completely back to Pre-Lucic Ryan Miller.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I don't doubt that you have at all, just saying that its asinine to put Hiller>Miller at this point like my quoted poster said. I'm sure you've all heard it plenty of times this year, but our Defense is swiss cheese, and Miller has faced the most shots in the entire league, not exactly helpful to a goalies GAA. He has been phenomenal and won a few games for us this year, he just gets no help from the D. I think he's completely back to Pre-Lucic Ryan Miller.
Oh, don't worry, I'm not basing any rankings on stats purely, let alone GAA. I know he's been good. I wouldn't make a ranking based on one season of 15 games, either.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Right now? (not talking about career, because its a what have you done for me lately when it comes to trades)

Rinne
Quick
Lundqvist
Price
Anderson
Lehtonen
Rask
Miller
Smith
Ward
Luongo
Schneider
Varlamov
Fasth

Hes an average goalie, there's no arguing that fact. I'm not even sure I would take him over any of these goalies. OK, he's maybe top 20.
Might as well throw Dan Ellis, Ben Scrivens and Ray Emery in there too. All that matters is the less than ten games they've played this season right?

Jonas Hiller has a 100 SV% in his last 7 minutes though. Hes done a lot for me lately.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Might as well throw Dan Ellis, Ben Scrivens and Ray Emery in there too. All that matters is the less than ten games they've played this season right?

Jonas Hiller has a 100 SV% in his last 7 minutes though. Hes done a lot for me lately.
Lol.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
It's close between Varly and Hiller, but Varly has been better lately, so he get's the nod imo.

I don't think Varly and Hiller is very close. I take Hiller with out thinking twice. No problem if you disagree.

Hiller has not been average since his return from Vertigo. You may assume that based on numbers but that's very wrong if you watch the games. Hiller was very good last year. He was a big reason we had such a streak going last year.

Anyway it's really moot because unless Fasth stays at this elite level the entire season (which no one realistically expects), there's no way Hiller is moved during the season.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post

Ya, because the goalies I listed are as bad as those goalies.

I think you are ignoring the fact that the majority of those goalies have been better than Hiller for more than a season+.

Just because other posters go based off of 10 games, doesn't mean everybody does.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Hiller in January - April last year played 41 games and had a SV % of .921. Take out the last 3 games where the season didn't matter and the team mailed it in in front of him and his SV % was .926. That's not "average". People saying he's no good are going off the games prior to January 2012 and the post lockout start of the season.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Hiller in January - April last year played 41 games and had a SV % of .921. Take out the last 3 games where the season didn't matter and the team mailed it in in front of him and his SV % was .926. That's not "average". People saying he's no good are going off the games prior to January 2012 and the post lockout start of the season.
The problem I think people have is that outside of the really elite guys, there's truly not a huge difference between the rest of the guys in the "good" category. As such, someone saying Hiller's only around 20th, vs. someone who says he's around 10th ... the reality is that the gap in play between the players you'd conceivably have in that range is not very big.

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Ya, because the goalies I listed are as bad as those goalies.

I think you are ignoring the fact that the majority of those goalies have been better than Hiller for more than a season+.

Just because other posters go based off of 10 games, doesn't mean everybody does.
You tell people that they should watch other goalies more before they comment on them, but it's pretty clear to me that you watch very little of Hiller.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote