Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
So I was trying to think of a way the Flames could go after a #1C without giving up futures, and while possibly rebuilding. The two names I kept coming back to was Cammy and Tanguay.

As a tandem, they are essentially top line wingers, they only issue is their combined cap is gigantic so in any trade the Flames would most likely have to eat some. However, together they should hold a lot of value to a team looking for a ton of playoff depth.

I am not sure which teams we would shop this package to, however I think it could be enough to land a future, or possibly current #1C.

Thoughts?

Old
02-21-2013, 11:18 AM
BVicious

vCash: 50
Jarome + Butler to STL

For Berglund and 2nd (1st if Iggy resigns)

Cammy to Pits for 1st and prospect

Kipper and Sarich to Washington for 1st and prospect

Gio and Reinhart to COL for ROR

Next year:

Cervanka ROR Hudler
Baertschi Berglund Backlund
Glencross Tanguay Guadreau
4th line.
Plus we drafted 3 times in the 1st round. Move Stagan, Stemps. Let every other UFA fwd go and have competition between newly squired prospects and picks.

Defense:

JBo - ?
Wideman - Brodie
Smith - ?

Still need to fill 2 defense positions but that could easily be jones if we draft him or use our picks plus roster player to move up the draft to get him.

Can't see this lineup being any worse but it's a huge cap relief and a lot younger with a tonne of potential for years to come.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
So I was trying to think of a way the Flames could go after a #1C without giving up futures, and while possibly rebuilding. The two names I kept coming back to was Cammy and Tanguay.

As a tandem, they are essentially top line wingers, they only issue is their combined cap is gigantic so in any trade the Flames would most likely have to eat some. However, together they should hold a lot of value to a team looking for a ton of playoff depth.

I am not sure which teams we would shop this package to, however I think it could be enough to land a future, or possibly current #1C.

Thoughts?
Cammy/Tanguay can definitely go for Weiss since FLA can't sign him apparently

and of course youngings like Eller and Berglund

Old
02-21-2013, 11:44 AM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Jarome + Butler to STL

Next year:

Cervanka ROR Hudler
4th line.
Plus we drafted 3 times in the 1st round. Move Stagan, Stemps. Let every other UFA fwd go and have competition between newly squired prospects and picks.

Defense:

JBo - ?
Wideman - Brodie
Smith - ?

Still need to fill 2 defense positions but that could easily be jones if we draft him or use our picks plus roster player to move up the draft to get him.

Can't see this lineup being any worse but it's a huge cap relief and a lot younger with a tonne of potential for years to come.
I would leave Guadreau in Boston, as there are other players from the Heat like Horak that should be called up.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:55 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
J-Bo is a name that comes up a lot over on the Flyers Board as a potential trade at some point. What do you think the value is as far as a return? Picks and prospects? Roster player and picks? Roster player and prospects? More? Less?

Old
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

@ BVicious, I love that lineup actually but I doubt the Blues would trade Berglund for any package involving Iggy. Gio+ may tempt them, but I'm not sure.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
BVicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
@ BVicious, I love that lineup actually but I doubt the Blues would trade Berglund for any package involving Iggy. Gio+ may tempt them, but I'm not sure.
I think STL has enough players who can fill in for him at center and adding Iggy to a young group with a young bottom pairing Dman as well might urge them to do it.

The reason I respect Berglund so much is his age, size, vision and proven chemistry with Backlund overseas. He won't be a player to put them over the top in STL as much as Iggy will be. Iggy is exactly what STL needs. Hitchcock had also come out many times an said how much he respects Iggy. He is the perfect coach for him.

I can almost be certain they would be the front runners over Philly/Pits for perusing Iggy.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
I think STL has enough players who can fill in for him at center and adding Iggy to a young group with a young bottom pairing Dman as well might urge them to do it.

The reason I respect Berglund so much is his age, size, vision and proven chemistry with Backlund overseas. He won't be a player to put them over the top in STL as much as Iggy will be. Iggy is exactly what STL needs. Hitchcock had also come out many times an said how much he respects Iggy. He is the perfect coach for him.

I can almost be certain they would be the front runners over Philly/Pits for perusing Iggy.
Those are good points, but the reasons you and I like Berglund so much are the same that STL does to lol. Its worth it for big Jay to put it out there for sure. And as we know Feaster isn't into tanking, so a player of Berglund's age would fit right into Feaster's plans.
My only thing is, why would the Blues trade a 24yr old Berglund who is just getting it going, for an aging Iginla? I threw Gio's name out there because he could play with Petro on their top pairing. But we would still need to add.

ROR while not quite as skilled as Berglund, may be a better target. But if I had my choice, I'd chose Berglund.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:26 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Those are good points, but the reasons you and I like Berglund so much are the same that STL does to lol. Its worth it for big Jay to put it out there for sure. And as we know Feaster isn't into tanking, so a player of Berglund's age would fit right into Feaster's plans.
My only thing is, why would the Blues trade a 24yr old Berglund who is just getting it going, for an aging Iginla? I threw Gio's name out there because he could play with Petro on their top pairing. But we would still need to add.

ROR while not quite as skilled as Berglund, may be a better target. But if I had my choice, I'd chose Berglund.
Berglund
Cole

for

Giordano
Horak

Maybe they would bite on that?

Old
02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
J-Bo is a name that comes up a lot over on the Flyers Board as a potential trade at some point. What do you think the value is as far as a return? Picks and prospects? Roster player and picks? Roster player and prospects? More? Less?
Jbo has been phenomenal this year under Hartley, it would take a lot. You guys would never move Couts or Schenn for him, or Jake now, maybe Simmonds though I'm assuming? We don't really need wingers at all, trading Jbo would leave a massive hole on our D, and you guys are lacking top end prospects which would interest us. Read and Simmonds are nice pieces, but wouldn't be enough to sway me considering how detrimental it would be to our D in moving Jbo.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Berglund
Cole

for

Giordano
Horak

Throw in Butler from our end and its probably close. I'd be one happy camper to swap out Cole with Butler. Cole is a large dman who does everything well.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:33 PM
BVicious

Quote:

Yes I know what your saying. I say target both ROR and Berglund. They are exactly what Calgary needs. We have the wingers to overpay if need be. I just think STL would move him for Iggy. Future HOF, and we all know what he can do when he is winning. This puts STL over the top. Add Butler who can play minutes, this is a no-brainer.

If you have to part with Gio plus to get it done then fine.

I think adding Berglund and ROR to our lineup minus Iggy.....we are set up the middle for years on our top 2 lines with the flexibility of having backlund.

Maybe we give them Stagan as well instead of butler and take a cap dump for a buyout to get Berglund.

I don't know, but we are perfect trading partners, and both teams have the assets to get it done.

Plus if STL knows Iggy WANTS to be there to win, by waiving his NMC then pull it!

Old
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Gary83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Yes I know what your saying. I say target both ROR and Berglund. They are exactly what Calgary needs. We have the wingers to overpay if need be. I just think STL would move him for Iggy. Future HOF, and we all know what he can do when he is winning. This puts STL over the top. Add Butler who can play minutes, this is a no-brainer.

If you have to part with Gio plus to get it done then fine.

I think adding Berglund and ROR to our lineup minus Iggy.....we are set up the middle for years on our top 2 lines with the flexibility of having backlund.

Maybe we give them Stagan as well instead of butler and take a cap dump for a buyout to get Berglund.

I don't know, but we are perfect trading partners, and both teams have the assets to get it done.

Plus if STL knows Iggy WANTS to be there to win, by waiving his NMC then pull it!
And why are the Blues deciding to move Berglund again? The Blues don't have the C depth to move Berglund unless he's a package for an upgrade down the middle.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Jbo has been phenomenal this year under Hartley, it would take a lot. You guys would never move Couts or Schenn for him, or Jake now, maybe Simmonds though I'm assuming? We don't really need wingers at all, trading Jbo would leave a massive hole on our D, and you guys are lacking top end prospects which would interest us. Read and Simmonds are nice pieces, but wouldn't be enough to sway me considering how detrimental it would be to our D in moving Jbo.
Fair enough. I assume your answer would have been different last year?

Old
02-21-2013, 01:57 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Last year you probably could of had him for a B Prospect + 1st, now?

1st + A Prospect...and I estimate it will keep going up.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Jbo has been great this year. He's been our best dman in his own end and his physical play his gone up a notch. He's the best defender we have at moving the puck up the ice, he's been way more creative on the offensive side. He has a deceptively sneaky wrister, he's a threat on the PP for the weakside back door and has the speed to recover when he pinches, and he's been going to the net which draws in defenders to open up our forwards down low in the offensive zone.

Wideman has been great, but Jbo been earning his 6.68million this year.

Last year I would of done it for Gus and a 1st, this year he's been our pillar so yes I would need more. Sutter stifled Bouwmeester's game, now were seeing the real Jbo.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Jbo has been great this year. He's been our best dman in his own end and his physical play his gone up a notch. He's the best defender we have at moving the puck up the ice, he's been way more creative on the offensive side. He has a deceptively sneaky wrister, he's a threat on the PP for the weakside back door and has the speed to recover when he pinches, and he's been going to the net which draws in defenders to open up our forwards down low in the offensive zone.

Last year I would of done it for Gus and a 1st, this year he's been our pillar so yes I would need more. Sutter stifled Bouwmeester's game, now were seeing the real Jbo.
Couldn't agree more,

JBo's been an absolute machine this year and I personally wouldn't want to trade him. But if he will not resign next year then we definitely should shop him. His value has definitely jumped compared to last year and its still early so we could see it rise even more. The only thing that brings down his value is that large salary but he's definitely living up to it after all these years so thats good to see.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:57 PM
BVicious

And JBo is about to set the record in the NHL for most career games played without making an appearance in the playoffs. I believe Tuesday he will be beat that record.

#RecordSettingDefenceman

Old
02-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Couldn't agree more,

JBo's been an absolute machine this year and I personally wouldn't want to trade him. But if he will not resign next year then we definitely should shop him. His value has definitely jumped compared to last year and its still early so we could see it rise even more. The only thing that brings down his value is that large salary but he's definitely living up to it after all these years so thats good to see.
That's my opinion as well. Keep him unless the team receives an offer they can't refuse or he won't re-sign.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:15 AM
TrickRider

Quote:
Jarome + Butler to STL

Next year:

Cervanka ROR Hudler
4th line.

Defense:

JBo - ?
Wideman - Brodie
Smith - ?

I'd be willing to do that Cammi trade depending on the prospect. I feel like the Flames get hosed in the others. And I don't think I'd want ROR fo rany price right now. It sounds like we'd basically be getting nothing in return, based on what we've been hearing about negotiations.

Old
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
As long as we are trying to make the playoffs it will be hard to get younger and get prospects but I think a couple of trades could keep us as competitive now and make us better in the future

1) Gio + Stempniak for Mcbain + Rask + 2nd (Carolina)

2) Sarich for Robidas

3) Butler for a 3rd from Detroit

4) Smith/mid pick for Beagle

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Cammy - Backlund - Glencross
Hudler - Cervenka - Sven
Comeau - Beagle - Aliu/Jackman

Jbo - McBain
Brodie - Wideman
Robidas - Breen/Carson

Old
03-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Mattman456

I know that Gaudreau will still take a couple years to develop but seriously I think this could be a 1st line

Gaudreau/Backlund/Baertschi

But this also means getting rid of oldies like Cammy who would be 32
Glen-x= 33
Tangauy= 35
Sarich= 36
Comeau=31
Stajan=31

Time will come to get rid of these players and open roster spots for the younger guys
Tick.. Tick... Tick... Their getting older and thier value will go down

Old
03-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman456 View Post
I know that Gaudreau will still take a couple years to develop but seriously I think this could be a 1st line

Gaudreau/Backlund/Baertschi

But this also means getting rid of oldies like Cammy who would be 32
Glen-x= 33
Tangauy= 35
Sarich= 36
Comeau=31
Stajan=31

Time will come to get rid of these players and open roster spots for the younger guys
Tick.. Tick... Tick... Their getting older and thier value will go down
Depends on the size. I feel that line would be too small. Different story with Jank between Baertschi and Gaudreau.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

No kidding. Every game his value increases. Finally seeing the JayBow we expected a few years ago.

I'd want to try and resign him first, if it doesn't look good, trade him. I'd imagine he wants to see the playoffs soon... We'd get a heck of a return this year.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Berglund
Cole

for

Giordano
Horak

They wouldn't bite.

Berglund is one of the most untouchable players, unless they are upgrading the C position. He's young, big, and looks like he finally found his offensive game.

Giordano + Nemo for Cole + 1st or Schwartz + 1st.

Closed Thread