HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

I like the idea of Lewis on LW

Old
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Nolan would be really good to try on the PP.

Put the kid in front of the net, also Nolan is a big body down low.
please please please. Ive wanted Nolan or Clifford infront of the net for a long long time

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The Dingo Line?
More like the Dingo-berry line...

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
More like the Dingo-berry line...
I think I have to report this post.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
rajuabju

Lewis' goal was more flukey and the Calgary goaltender being out of position / view blocked, than a good shot.

I'm sorry, but other than on the PK (where is he EXCELLENT), Lewis is MEH. His offensive vision is non-existent. A number of times over the past few games, he's brought the puck into the offensive zone, and if he had bothered to look up/around him for a split second, could have found a WIDE OPEN teammate. Instead he shoots a weak shot from a bad angle.

And he seems to consistently lose track of the puck when its around him. It's almost like he needs glasses or something.

I'm perfectly fine seeing Lewis on the bottom six. He's very very good on the PK (reminds me of Handzus). He's responsible defensively in general. He's got good foot speed. But like so many before him, he does NOT belong on the top 2 lines. Period.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:11 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
Lewis' goal was more flukey and the Calgary goaltender being out of position / view blocked, than a good shot.

I'm sorry, but other than on the PK (where is he EXCELLENT), Lewis is MEH. His offensive vision is non-existent. A number of times over the past few games, he's brought the puck into the offensive zone, and if he had bothered to look up/around him for a split second, could have found a WIDE OPEN teammate. Instead he shoots a weak shot from a bad angle.

And he seems to consistently lose track of the puck when its around him. It's almost like he needs glasses or something.

I'm perfectly fine seeing Lewis on the bottom six. He's very very good on the PK (reminds me of Handzus). He's responsible defensively in general. He's got good foot speed. But like so many before him, he does NOT belong on the top 2 lines. Period.
Don't worry, just wait 2 games and the line combos will change. Ride'em while they're hot.

We've had a few goofy lines with not top-6 players that have gotten hot for 4 or 5 games. Just leave'em alone until they cool off and then change them out. The Calder-Stoll-Brown and Richardson-Kopitar-Simmonds lines come to mind.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Lewis is an ideal fourth line defensive forward to me. Goo for the PK and eating up some ice time for the scoring lines. He turns it on in the playoffs though with his energy and tenacity, but just can't bring it on a regular basis and doesn't belong on the top 6 or even 9 as far as I'm concerned.

I remember a scouting report I read when we drafted him that states that at worst he could be the best third line center in the NHL, but it seems quite evident now that even that far exceeds his capabilities. He is what he is and at least that isn't a bust.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

If we can get more of this out of Lewis...KEEP HIM THERE!!!

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
I don't think he's ever played with Kopi. Back in the TM days, he played mostly center.

I think when Kopi got injured, Lewis stepped up and played with Brown and Ryan Smyth and did a nice job.
Ahh yeah that's right.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote