HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post

Players from the 90s used to stick up for themselves and not take BS from the refs. The ones from today are all too nice and just walk over to the penalty box with their heads down, they don't even argue the call most of the time. It's embarrassing, if the ref is gonna be incompetent then make his job tough.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I won't call it a must win, maybe a much needed win would be more appropriate. Hopefully, Matteau slides right in and does a good job in place of Carter. This way when Carter returns we'll have more opitions.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Players from the 90s used to stick up for themselves and not take BS from the refs. The ones from today are all too nice and just walk over to the penalty box with their heads down, they don't even argue the call most of the time. It's embarrassing, if the ref is gonna be incompetent then make his job tough.
Well unfortunately in the past 5 years, a lot of those refs from the 80s and 90s have begun to retire and their replacements have become softer and more sensitive thus leading to the players not barking back to them because these refs won't go back and forth and will just give them more penalties or a misconduct on top of the initial penalty for doing so

The players don't respect the refs today and a lot of it has to do with the refs inconsistency

Old
02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Sick GDT.. Love that my pointing man photo became so popular

This is one of those games where you need to come out ready and hungry.. Get those 2 points!!

Old
02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
Sick GDT.. Love that my pointing man photo became so popular

This is one of those games where you need to come out ready and hungry.. Get those 2 points!!
Pointing man is my hero. In the most hostile arena for Devils fans, under the most dangerous circumstances of the playoffs, awash in a sea of orange, he bravely stands. And he doesn't clap, doesn't say "woooo!". No, pointing man silently and defiantly points out to every Flyers fan the evidence of their demise. To top it off, he is wearing not one but TWO Devils logos. A true Devils hero worthy of tribute.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theking72 View Post
Pointing man is my hero. In the most hostile arena for Devils fans, under the most dangerous circumstances of the playoffs, awash in a sea of orange, he bravely stands. And he doesn't clap, doesn't say "woooo!". No, pointing man silently and defiantly points out to every Flyers fan the evidence of their demise. To top it off, he is wearing not one but TWO Devils logos. A true Devils hero worthy of tribute.
the man is just a god.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:14 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Talbot went ape **** on the ref yesterday

Old
02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Talbot went ape **** on the ref yesterday
For no reason because it was 100% the right call

Old
02-21-2013, 02:17 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
Yeah but he still said something to the ref, didn't hang his head and go to the box

Old
02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
I've never seen this gif before, it's ****ing dope.

GO DEVILS!!!!
I merely grabbed it when someone posted it on here within the last few months (I think) so I can't take any credit. No idea when it was first put up or who put it up though.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
MauDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
I think he was mad about the fact that Neal blatantly tripped him less than 2 seconds before he took his penalty.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Sick GDT. I can feel a Matteau goal.

Let's go Devils!

Old
02-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF

So we have this 20ppl dinner party at our hotel and im the waitor. This is in england btw. As i walked by i heard a man say "the Washington capitals are my team" im so ready to go up to him and say something

Old
02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Brycey Poo View Post
So we have this 20ppl dinner party at our hotel and im the waitor. This is in england btw. As i walked by i heard a man say "the Washington capitals are my team" im so ready to go up to him and say something
don't do it, man. think of the tip..

(the gratuity, you sick ****s)

Old
02-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Brycey Poo View Post
That'd be really funny... I wonder if they're American?

Old
02-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by theking72 View Post
The man braved the Orange Crush, and conquered it with merely a point. Epic hero is epic.

The game is really more of a must win for this board then for the team. Definitely is a game we need to win, and should win...so WIN!!!

Still not a fan of the lack of Fayne train. Hope Matteau uses these two games to show off so Pete maybe starts playing him more for Barch when Carter returns (hopefully Sunday?)

Old
02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
That'd be really funny... I wonder if they're American?
im sure he is

Old
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I really need to know why Fayne is still a healthy scratch. There's about 3 players who shouldn't see the ice over Mark, so it's just mindboggling that he isn't playing for a 3rd consecutive game with what we've seen this past week.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I really need to know why Fayne is still a healthy scratch. There's about 3 players who shouldn't see the ice over Mark, so it's just mindboggling that he isn't playing for a 3rd consecutive game with what we've seen this past week.
Let's just hope we don't have to find out how many losses it will take with him out of the lineup to get him back in the lineup.

Win or lose I don't see him back in the lineup until after the weekend. Unless Volchenkov has a very Tallinder Isles like game. Or consecutive games like that.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:15 PM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Greene, Zidlicky, Sal, Volch can't sit because they all play specials, and Greene is by far the best D. Fayne, Larsson and Tallinder are the same player, and the turnstyle has been spinning.

I do agree though, and I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him right now for picks, and using the picks at the deadline if anything comes up. I guarantee someone would cough up a 2 and 5 right now.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Larsson the same player as Tallinder? I've seen this a lot, and I couldn't disagree more.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:20 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I mean if the Devils were WINNING without Fayne I could at least be appeased by the logic of keeping a winning lineup but they haven't won in four games without Fayne and the D/ST was horrible in three of the games.

And Tallinder isn't anywhere 'near' the same player as Fayne/Larsson.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I mean if the Devils were WINNING without Fayne I could at least be appeased by the logic of keeping a winning lineup but they haven't won in four games without Fayne and the D/ST was horrible in three of the games.
That's the issue: the team isn't winning without him. That's what's got peoples' jimmies rustled. It seems clear that Mark Fayne is a very important player on the Devils, and when he isn't in the line up, the defense looks particularly worse than when he is in.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:24 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
That's the issue: the team isn't winning without him. That's what's got peoples' jimmies rustled. It seems clear that Mark Fayne is a very important player on the Devils, and when he isn't in the line up, the defense looks particularly worse than when he is in.
He was also arguably the Devils' best defenseman last year, it's not like he was some marginal player hanging on and in/out of the lineup.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:26 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
Greene, Zidlicky, Sal, Volch can't sit because they all play specials, and Greene is by far the best D. Fayne, Larsson and Tallinder are the same player, and the turnstyle has been spinning.

I do agree though, and I wouldn't be opposed to dealing him right now for picks, and using the picks at the deadline if anything comes up. I guarantee someone would cough up a 2 and 5 right now.
I couldn't care less about Volchenkov playing on the PK, what's that... like 10% of a entire hockey game? If he blows chunks the rest of the time, why is he such a need when someone like Fayne is 10x better at even strenght and we can slide just about anyone with Salvador to compensate for the loss of Anton on the PK?

The same can be said for Zidlicky BTW cause he's a black hole when he's not playing on the PP.

Closed Thread