HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official All things "club red" thread (not food inclusive)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2013, 10:46 AM
  #1
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
The official All things "club red" thread (not food inclusive)

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/02/...icing-is-joke/

This blog article flying around twitter this morning sums up so many of us season ticket holder and any game patron thoughts. The editorial after is perhaps better written.

That said I thought it was time to have a thread where we can comment rant and vent.

For those who don't know, what is club red?

The innovative seating provides private concierge service, access to a private club and lounge, private restrooms, programs included with your purchase and a number of other amenities. The seats are also located in a prime location, being sections 101, 102, and 134. These just so happen to be the seats at centre ice, and behind the team benches. They are also directly opposite the camera in the arena
when the Club Red Section was announced, season tickets that were $2,500 each have now gone up to nine times that amount at $22,500 for the season.


Last edited by adam graves: 02-17-2013 at 03:04 PM.
adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:54 AM
  #2
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
the issues as summarized by the article, the editorial and myself...

There is no one in the seats. Watching the game yesterday, it was clear to see that there was maybe a dozen fans (or less) in the seats. Every time there was a play in the neutral zone, entire sections of empty red seats were visible. While the rest of the arena was reportedly quite full, having next to no fans in the best seats in the rink has to be embarrassing for a TV broadcast.

the cost of Club Red Tickets is so prohibitive .... As seen in this article by Puck Daddy when the Club Red Section was announced, season tickets that were $2,500 each have now gone up to nine times that amount at $22,500 for the season.

There are usually about a dozen fans, in sections that could seat 672 people. This is sucking the life out of any attempts to outcheering opposing fans.

If you sit in the lower bowl, and think you are unaffected...The next step is to begin strong-arming the longtime season ticket holders in the center section on the other side of the ice by telling them that they now sit in seats that are in “high demand” (They’re in such high demand because the Season Ticket Holders displaced for Club Red’s implementation are now in search of alternative seating). Now, in order to continue to watch Panthers play hockey, the longest-tenured season ticket holders may have their rates rise by a considerable amount...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:56 AM
  #3
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
and for those that couldnt stop laughing at Yormark try to pin the cost of a new jumbotron on the sth while he borrowed millions from the county....the editorial said it best...

Panthers’ ownership is not without culpability in this fiasco. They have apparently given Yormark carte blanche to do whatever he pleases. If you attend a Panthers game, you’re placed right in the middle of a three-hour commercial at an ear-piercingly loud volume level. It’s quite entertaining to see players from the visiting teams look skyward in hopes of seeing a replay of a crucial play on the BB&T Center’s ancient scoreboard, only to be disappointed when no replay is forthcoming (instead they are treated to a seemingly endless array of promotions, cheesy contests, and made-for-TV commercials).

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
  #4
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
@RTBeese: @PanthersYormark couldn't agree more: http://t.co/6Uv43zC1 end it and give season seat holders their seats back. #clubdead

Latest Tweet about #clubdead

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:21 PM
  #5
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Management really needs to be made aware of this issue. Tweet Yormark, Goldie, whoever can at least hear our complaints. The arena is so beautiful, and a new jumbotron would have been much better suited at this point in time. Club Dred is not a terrible idea, it was just completely the wrong time to go through with it. Just because we made the playoffs, and into a game seven of the OPENING round, doesnt mean we can go and build off the fan momentum to such an extreme. The arena should have been upgraded, and building a better fan experience would have gone a lot further, AT THIS TIME, than that ridiculous Club Dred.

Let me give you a prime example of how idiotic this organization is, outside of what Tallon does. They have one of the most marketable, popular, and dominating athlete in the world in their back yard, and they dont even come up with an idea to give him an invite. What did LeBron do last week when he was in Toronto, he tweets this:

@kingjames At my first hockey game. Pretty Damn cool

Its pretty dumb that they dont try to think outside the box a bit. I keep referring to the Miami Heat, and how the Panthers have such an opportunity to learn how to run an organization. The Heat organization is first class, and one of the best run organizations in all of sports. They know how to treat not only their season ticket owners, but also the fan that walks through that door for the first time. Its a great experience when you attend a game at the AAA, whether its in the lower bowl, or all the way up in the standing room only section. The Panthers have never been on a better road to success on the ice, but until this moron Yormark is fired, they will always be a minor league organization off the ice.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:14 PM
  #6
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
They are also directly opposite the camera in the arena
when the Club Red Section was announced, season tickets that were $2,500 each have now gone up to nine times that amount at $22,500 for the season.
Isn't the price for Club Red (hockey) "only" $9500, annually, i.e. you would see about 40 games this year?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  #7
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Isn't the price for Club Red (hockey) "only" $9500, annually, i.e. you would see about 40 games this year?

JOL
i actually think the hockey is 16000 but im not certain.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:27 PM
  #8
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
i actually think the hockey is 16000 but im not certain.
"The center's new upscale section can accommodate up to 500 people, with members paying either $9,500 if they chose a package of either hockey or concerts, or $16,500 if they have the all-inclusive hockey-and-concert membership package, Yormark said."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-panth...,6008425.story

They are still selling them, listening today's game in radio.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:01 AM
  #9
UKPanther
@GJenSports
 
UKPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
'"It does cater to the [...] premium clientele," Yormark said.'

The rest of you being, what? Cattle?

UKPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:21 AM
  #10
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Thank you, Graves, for starting a much needed thread in hopes that someone will listen before this clown continues to ruin hockey in south florida. I have talked to many long time fans who have cancelled over the years due to new policies or gimmicks introduced by him and club red may very well be the final straw for this original season ticket holder.

My rant, some of which has been expresses in other posts:

Absolutely shameful to displace long time season tickets holders to accommodate for this section. for the record, I did not get moved.

Getting to and out of the arena. First game of the year, I was surprised that the parking spots where I have always parked in the past 12, most losing, seasons, have now been blocked for club red. This backed up the entire parking lot and basically eliminated the quick exit to the sawgrass I have always used. Still trying to find a decent alternative, although as the crowds are becoming more embarrassingly low, it will not be as much of an issue. And these hundreds of reserved spots? Almost all empty, just like the seats behind the bench of course.

Completely changed the entrance points for six other sections. Example, now it takes much longer to get out of the sections directly next to club red on both sides, so the few minutes we have in between periods to socialize, get a drink, go the restroom, is cut down because you have to squeeze through a tunnel to get out of your section along with four other sections. I'm sure they got clearance but I can't believe some fire hazard isn't present since it takes forever to get out of the section now in between periods or at the end of games. Club red also took away the wide open space outside of these sections where fans would congregate, meet and just walk around.

They also removed bathrooms in key high traffic areas, and now the next closer bathrooms are packed in between periods, again, cutting into socializing, food and drink purchase, etc. All of these things cut into the whole game day experience.

I can't even count the number of friends from up north who have called, texted, emailed or facebooked me about the empty seats behind the bench they see on TV. Even when I explain it they still laugh. We are becoming a joke around the league for this, in addition to many other reason.

How did yormark get a loan from the county to pay for this? I cannot imagine the political mess that will come out once they finally determine that this ridiculous idea cannot sustain itself.

Who sits in club red now? I can tell you who I've talked to. People they are trying to sucker into buying them, so one or two game attendees. Families and friends of team personnel, including players, who I've met. I've only seen a small, less than ten, number of regular fans that actually go to the games regularly.

How does tampa get a top notch scoreboard for ALL of their fans to enjoy, without getting a loan from the city -- while our team gets a loan to pay for a failed money maker, alienating the most loyal fans? and they have a Stanley cup and a much more successful product on the ice on top of it.

Hockey in south florida was considered a challenge from the start, but the passionate fan base down here made it a success. We had great early years, got a great new arena back in 2000, had some more success until a very gloomy decade of embarrassing failure, on and off the ice. On top of the on-ice failures, under yormark they have done almost everything possible to alienate fans. Karma works wonders. Most of this happened with yormark pulling the money strings and treating fans and the local community like garbage. Even last year when we were finally successful, Karma bit us on the ice. We are up 3-2 in the NJ series, and our idiot yormark gets into a twitter battle with a teenage girl and devils fan. He has to apologize like the idiot he is, and even brings her to the game here, because he was trying to avoid a worse PR disaster. Of course, we lose the next two games and the series.

Sorry for the long rant, but needed to vent.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:26 AM
  #11
Benched
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Thank you, Graves, for starting a much needed thread in hopes that someone will listen before this clown continues to ruin hockey in south florida. I have talked to many long time fans who have cancelled over the years due to new policies or gimmicks introduced by him and club red may very well be the final straw for this original season ticket holder.

My rant, some of which has been expresses in other posts:

Absolutely shameful to displace long time season tickets holders to accommodate for this section. for the record, I did not get moved.

Getting to and out of the arena. First game of the year, I was surprised that the parking spots where I have always parked in the past 12, most losing, seasons, have now been blocked for club red. This backed up the entire parking lot and basically eliminated the quick exit to the sawgrass I have always used. Still trying to find a decent alternative, although as the crowds are becoming more embarrassingly low, it will not be as much of an issue. And these hundreds of reserved spots? Almost all empty, just like the seats behind the bench of course.

Completely changed the entrance points for six other sections. Example, now it takes much longer to get out of the sections directly next to club red on both sides, so the few minutes we have in between periods to socialize, get a drink, go the restroom, is cut down because you have to squeeze through a tunnel to get out of your section along with four other sections. I'm sure they got clearance but I can't believe some fire hazard isn't present since it takes forever to get out of the section now in between periods or at the end of games. Club red also took away the wide open space outside of these sections where fans would congregate, meet and just walk around.

They also removed bathrooms in key high traffic areas, and now the next closer bathrooms are packed in between periods, again, cutting into socializing, food and drink purchase, etc. All of these things cut into the whole game day experience.

I can't even count the number of friends from up north who have called, texted, emailed or facebooked me about the empty seats behind the bench they see on TV. Even when I explain it they still laugh. We are becoming a joke around the league for this, in addition to many other reason.

How did yormark get a loan from the county to pay for this? I cannot imagine the political mess that will come out once they finally determine that this ridiculous idea cannot sustain itself.

Who sits in club red now? I can tell you who I've talked to. People they are trying to sucker into buying them, so one or two game attendees. Families and friends of team personnel, including players, who I've met. I've only seen a small, less than ten, number of regular fans that actually go to the games regularly.

How does tampa get a top notch scoreboard for ALL of their fans to enjoy, without getting a loan from the city -- while our team gets a loan to pay for a failed money maker, alienating the most loyal fans? and they have a Stanley cup and a much more successful product on the ice on top of it.

Hockey in south florida was considered a challenge from the start, but the passionate fan base down here made it a success. We had great early years, got a great new arena back in 2000, had some more success until a very gloomy decade of embarrassing failure, on and off the ice. On top of the on-ice failures, under yormark they have done almost everything possible to alienate fans. Karma works wonders. Most of this happened with yormark pulling the money strings and treating fans and the local community like garbage. Even last year when we were finally successful, Karma bit us on the ice. We are up 3-2 in the NJ series, and our idiot yormark gets into a twitter battle with a teenage girl and devils fan. He has to apologize like the idiot he is, and even brings her to the game here, because he was trying to avoid a worse PR disaster. Of course, we lose the next two games and the series.

Sorry for the long rant, but needed to vent.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
  #12
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I wont post any of my own insight here (as I stated in another thread) but did want to post that they did a Q&A about Club Red and its posted on the Panthers official site. Here's the one thing I'm sure most want to see:
Quote:
Are you fighting the perception of people who see the Club on television or in the arena and don’t understand that many of the guests are watching the game or spending more time in the actual lounge area?

Yormark: "Certainly we understand why some people may think that but we have learned very quickly that Club RED guests watch the games in a very different way from the majority of our fans. Yes, some of them like to spend more time taking in the amenities that the Club has to offer, but quite a few also like to watch the game from the balcony or bar area, with the Club’s location affording an incredible view of the action right at center ice. It’s an interesting problem to have and we are looking in to some ways to make sure that the majority of our members enjoy the game from their seats during play."

With that being said, how do you get more people in the seats during game and concert action?

Yormark: "As I said, we are looking at into enticing the people to sit in the best seats in the house. We are discussing internally ways to improve that aspect as there’s no better thrill than seeing live hockey action up close, sitting behind the benches where you can really hear, see and feel the game action."
Source: http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|FLA|home

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:25 PM
  #13
johano90
Registered User
 
johano90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida
Country: Sweden
Posts: 463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I wont post any of my own insight here (as I stated in another thread) but did want to post that they did a Q&A about Club Red and its posted on the Panthers official site. Here's the one thing I'm sure most want to see:

Source: http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|FLA|home
I thought it was interesting the way in which this article came about. Clearly Yormark/Viner or the rest of management are sensing the public's resentment about the Club, otherwise they would have never commissioned the Panthers.com journalist to ask the scripted questions...

Would love for Yormark to man up and actually face some questions from the County Board, GR, or general season ticket holders on this.

My guess is that this was a major major investment by the organization, one that is hard to undo, so even if it brings negative publicity, it's going to take more than that to change things back... They need to consistently lose money on this, lose season ticket holders, get called out in the local/national media, to actually change things, and even then I think that it will probably take a year +. Viner isn't silly enough to scrap this whole experiment during a lockout season during which we have currently won 3 games in regulation...

As unpopular as it is, I think it's here to stay for the immediate future.

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:37 PM
  #14
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johano90 View Post
I thought it was interesting the way in which this article came about. Clearly Yormark/Viner or the rest of management are sensing the public's resentment about the Club, otherwise they would have never commissioned the Panthers.com journalist to ask the scripted questions...

Would love for Yormark to man up and actually face some questions from the County Board, GR, or general season ticket holders on this.

My guess is that this was a major major investment by the organization, one that is hard to undo, so even if it brings negative publicity, it's going to take more than that to change things back... They need to consistently lose money on this, lose season ticket holders, get called out in the local/national media, to actually change things, and even then I think that it will probably take a year +. Viner isn't silly enough to scrap this whole experiment during a lockout season during which we have currently won 3 games in regulation...

As unpopular as it is, I think it's here to stay for the immediate future.
IIRC, You and I invested in it. It was "borrowed" (7 million?) from the city of sunrise &?or the county of broward for the construction of club red. Its here to stay.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:41 PM
  #15
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
IIRC, You and I invested in it. It was "borrowed" (7 million?) from the city of sunrise &?or the county of broward for the construction of club red. Its here to stay.
Yes the county loaned SSE, $7.7 million to build it and renovate club suites as well. The agreement was to repay the loan within 4 yrs with decent interest as well. So basically the team is giving the county about $2M per yr to repay that loan.

Source: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...s-loan-request

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  #16
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Yes the county loaned SSE, $7.7 million to build it and renovate club suites as well. The agreement was to repay the loan within 4 yrs with decent interest as well. So basically the team is giving the county about $2M per yr to repay that loan.

Source: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...s-loan-request
Its the way sports are going. The yankees have hundreds of prime empty seats on camera every day.

I am not against the premise at all. Want as much revenue for SSE and panthers as possible. The timing was waaaay premature IMHO. Could have expanded the ADT club ... the whole club level was constructed as "licenses".

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM
  #17
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I wont post any of my own insight here (as I stated in another thread) but did want to post that they did a Q&A about Club Red and its posted on the Panthers official site. Here's the one thing I'm sure most want to see:

Source: http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|FLA|home
If you really have insight just post it. To constantly remind us that you claim to know more about but unwilling to disclose accomplishes what? Give me some good reasons why I should overlook the list of concerns I pointed out earlier about this mess and feel better about it as a season ticket holder. If you really work for the team, can you at least confirm that the 70 percent number he is using is a lie. Because it is.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:19 AM
  #18
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
If you really have insight just post it. To constantly remind us that you claim to know more about but unwilling to disclose accomplishes what? Give me some good reasons why I should overlook the list of concerns I pointed out earlier about this mess and feel better about it as a season ticket holder. If you really work for the team, can you at least confirm that the 70 percent number he is using is a lie. Because it is.
I'm not constantly saying it because I know more about things. I posted that so no one thinks I'm going to say something that is inside info actually (this happened previously when I stated something that a poster thought was more than my own opinion). Also because I felt like if I do say anything non-negative, that I'll take more heat about those comments as well. Most of my "insight" was based on my experience of actually attending a game in Club Red and nothing to do with my connections. As I've said before, I dont work for the team so I cannot confirm or deny anything that was stated.

And honestly, you dont seem open to even discussing it without an obvious negative view on the discussion after reading your rant. You have already stated your opinion on it and thats your right to maintain that. I'm a STH just like you are (though for maybe not as long) and I had issues this season just like many other STHs. And I never once used my connections to benefit me either, just to get that out of the way. But you seem to be taking your issues as an added negative to transfer it onto Club Red. So no I will not address any of your concerns to make you feel better as a STH because nothing said would make you feel better.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 AM
  #19
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'm not constantly saying it because I know more about things. I posted that so no one thinks I'm going to say something that is inside info actually (this happened previously when I stated something that a poster thought was more than my own opinion). Also because I felt like if I do say anything non-negative, that I'll take more heat about those comments as well. Most of my "insight" was based on my experience of actually attending a game in Club Red and nothing to do with my connections. As I've said before, I dont work for the team so I cannot confirm or deny anything that was stated.

And honestly, you dont seem open to even discussing it without an obvious negative view on the discussion after reading your rant. You have already stated your opinion on it and thats your right to maintain that. I'm a STH just like you are (though for maybe not as long) and I had issues this season just like many other STHs. And I never once used my connections to benefit me either, just to get that out of the way. But you seem to be taking your issues as an added negative to transfer it onto Club Red. So no I will not address any of your concerns to make you feel better as a STH because nothing said would make you feel better.
Is there anything you can share as to why they didnt continue to use the club level (moving more central) as its"all inclusive" area rather than decimate the lowers?

!) thats was the intent of the clubs

2) less people relocated

3) already have Stanleys and ADT as resources.

4) tremendously less offensive.

Any reason they didnt borrow at the same time $$ for a jumbotron to serve the season ticket holder?

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:42 AM
  #20
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Is there anything you can share as to why they didnt continue to use the club level (moving more central) as its"all inclusive" area rather than decimate the lowers?

!) thats was the intent of the clubs

2) less people relocated

3) already have Stanleys and ADT as resources.

4) tremendously less offensive.

Any reason they didnt borrow at the same time $$ for a jumbotron to serve the season ticket holder?
I have no knowledge regarding anything you're asking for unfortunately. Its an interesting few questions though and maybe they could be asked during one of the roundtable discussions that Yormark just emailed all the STHs about yesterday. If you havent received that email, it just states that: "...beginning with Tuesday’s 7:30 p.m. home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, Panthers Vice President of Sales & Service Ryan McCoy and I will be hosting a pregame round table with season seat owners specifically to discuss issues related to service and the fan experience." Great way to ask some of those questions if you ask me (particularly the jumbotron one).

Something for everyone to consider though, the Marlins just built a new stadium with a nightclub/lounge atmosphere in it (The Clevelander). That one was incorporated into the stadium design but its at field level. The Heat, just this season, opened a nightclub/lounge as well called Hyde thats located court level specifically for courtside ticket holders with a VIP entrance and valet. What the Panthers are doing is not unusual with Club Red in this area at all (though it may be debatable on the timing like you have said AG).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
  #21
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I have no knowledge regarding anything you're asking for unfortunately. Its an interesting few questions though and maybe they could be asked during one of the roundtable discussions that Yormark just emailed all the STHs about yesterday. If you havent received that email, it just states that: "...beginning with Tuesday’s 7:30 p.m. home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, Panthers Vice President of Sales & Service Ryan McCoy and I will be hosting a pregame round table with season seat owners specifically to discuss issues related to service and the fan experience." Great way to ask some of those questions if you ask me (particularly the jumbotron one).

Something for everyone to consider though, the Marlins just built a new stadium with a nightclub/lounge atmosphere in it (The Clevelander). That one was incorporated into the stadium design but its at field level. The Heat, just this season, opened a nightclub/lounge as well called Hyde thats located court level specifically for courtside ticket holders with a VIP entrance and valet. What the Panthers are doing is not unusual with Club Red in this area at all (though it may be debatable on the timing like you have said AG).
Fair enough. And i dont want you to have to become the b****center.

To your last point. The concept of club red IMHO is well within the standards of sports today as Ive said before.

What the panthers did was extremely unusual as it was a horrific retrofit and a PR disaster IMHO. I would have used the center sections of the clubs, and Stanleys, and offended no one. After a few consecutive playoff seasons, then you have the base to expand.

If they miss the playoffs their renewals will be devastated.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:53 PM
  #22
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Fair enough. And i dont want you to have to become the b****center.

To your last point. The concept of club red IMHO is well within the standards of sports today as Ive said before.

What the panthers did was extremely unusual as it was a horrific retrofit and a PR disaster IMHO. I would have used the center sections of the clubs, and Stanleys, and offended no one. After a few consecutive playoff seasons, then you have the base to expand.

If they miss the playoffs their renewals will be devastated.
Yup thats why I didnt really want to post anything other than facts so I dont become the focus of the b******. And I'm sure if I did post my opinion, it would just cause additional b***** so its just not worth it TBH.

But if the concept is well within the standards and as I've shown, its the norm to put it as close to the action as possible, then the choice to build it isnt necessarily wrong (even if it meant to relocate people).

Using the center sections of the clubs would have also lost more revenue than I believe you would realize (probably more than relocating the people that they did). Its harder to quantify the PR hit due to Club Red but I can see how the empty seats could be quantified in terms of the marketing dollars that could be lost.

But keep in mind, if they waited until after several consecutive playoff seasons to build Club Red the way it is now like you suggest, it would've disrupted a lot more season ticket holders than the team currently has and would present a bigger PR hit to relocate people in those sections if you ask me. Its really a chicken & the egg scenario and the team chose to go the 'egg' route and have something there prior to the on-ice success. Also remember they can utilize Club Red for concerts & other events which has nothing to do with the on-ice success.

I'm honestly curious to know if anyone is complaining that are Heat fans about Hyde since they just built that as well. But I'm guessing thats because the Heat are defending champions and thats why no one is complaining about them building a similar club for courtside seat owners.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:27 PM
  #23
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,663
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I have no knowledge regarding anything you're asking for unfortunately. Its an interesting few questions though and maybe they could be asked during one of the roundtable discussions that Yormark just emailed all the STHs about yesterday. If you havent received that email, it just states that: "...beginning with Tuesday’s 7:30 p.m. home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins, Panthers Vice President of Sales & Service Ryan McCoy and I will be hosting a pregame round table with season seat owners specifically to discuss issues related to service and the fan experience." Great way to ask some of those questions if you ask me (particularly the jumbotron one).

Something for everyone to consider though, the Marlins just built a new stadium with a nightclub/lounge atmosphere in it (The Clevelander). That one was incorporated into the stadium design but its at field level. The Heat, just this season, opened a nightclub/lounge as well called Hyde thats located court level specifically for courtside ticket holders with a VIP entrance and valet. What the Panthers are doing is not unusual with Club Red in this area at all (though it may be debatable on the timing like you have said AG).
That is what it really boils down to, timing. Instead of building the Club, they should have enhanced the fan experience first, on and off the ice. Off the ice, the jumbotron is the obvious issue. No replays and tons of commercials take the fun and interest out of the game. On the ice, a better surface would not only make the game better for the players, but for the fans viewing as well. I believe they recently upgraded the ice management system, but the ice still seems to be quite sloppy.

The issue I have with the Club is that Yormark thought that they could build off of momentum sustained after ONE year in the playoffs. When you factor the one playoff appearance in over 10 years, against the circus that was the Florida Panthers prior to last season, the timing to build the Club was way off. If the Panthers went out and say signed a Sidney Crosby and a Alex Ovechkin, then you go and build the Club, because you know ticket requests would increase 100x, ala the Miami Heat. That is the type of affect you need to have in order to build the Club. This team should have made the playoffs a couple of more seasons, generated more excitement in the community, built the fan experience, THEN go and build the Club.

Quote:
I'm honestly curious to know if anyone is complaining that are Heat fans about Hyde since they just built that as well. But I'm guessing thats because the Heat are defending champions and thats why no one is complaining about them building a similar club for courtside seat owners.
Apples and oranges. You are comparing our minor league organization to one of the best run franchises in all of sports. For a good majority of the Heats history, they have been a successful franchise; playoffs, multiple division titles, three finals appearances, and two titles in the last six years. Their representatives treat the season ticket holders better than any team in South Florida, have one of the best owners in sports, have had stability from management down since the 90s, and overall, scream first class. I have been to season ticket holder events for the Heat, and the accessibility was unlike anything I ever really had in the 10 years I was a season ticket holder with the Panthers. Nothing I have said could be said about the Panthers, except maybe Tallon, but he still remains to be seen. Not to mention, the Heat have the best player on the planet, and two of the top 15-20 players as well, so they can pretty much do what they want at this point.


Last edited by pb1300: 02-21-2013 at 02:44 PM.
pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
  #24
Madhatter73
Registered User
 
Madhatter73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
This team should have made the playoffs a couple of more seasons, generated more excitement in the community, built the fan experience, THEN go and build the Club.
The timing was actually pretty much perfect. They had enough success to get the loan approved, and didn't have to relocate as many seat holders as they would have had to if the team was a perennial playoff contender.

If they did as you suggest, that lower bowl area would have MANY more season seat holders at the time of the move.

They big flub was not moving the Den of Honor the the front of the building and putting Club Red under the cameras. That would have made everyone happy.

At this point, what's done is done.

Anyone want to join me in making a ton of life-sized cutouts in Panthers jerseys that we can sell to Yormark? He can replace the seat backs with them. Maybe even have a few of them wear sponsor t-shirts in lieu of the lost Zimmerman logo on the seats.

Madhatter73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:19 PM
  #25
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'm not constantly saying it because I know more about things. I posted that so no one thinks I'm going to say something that is inside info actually (this happened previously when I stated something that a poster thought was more than my own opinion). Also because I felt like if I do say anything non-negative, that I'll take more heat about those comments as well. Most of my "insight" was based on my experience of actually attending a game in Club Red and nothing to do with my connections. As I've said before, I dont work for the team so I cannot confirm or deny anything that was stated.

And honestly, you dont seem open to even discussing it without an obvious negative view on the discussion after reading your rant. You have already stated your opinion on it and thats your right to maintain that. I'm a STH just like you are (though for maybe not as long) and I had issues this season just like many other STHs. And I never once used my connections to benefit me either, just to get that out of the way. But you seem to be taking your issues as an added negative to transfer it onto Club Red. So no I will not address any of your concerns to make you feel better as a STH because nothing said would make you feel better.
I am very open to discussion which is why I asked you the questions and got no answers. You did clarify that you have no more inside information than any other fan. I have also been in club red, and I do happen to know folks in the organization at high levels, but that doesn't change my opinions on this disaster of epic proportions.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.