HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Defensive Defensemen to MIN

Old
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I've been avoiding taking too much part in this thread, because it's just a cycle, but this comparison is wrong.

You guys value Despres a lot, as you should. He has strong potential, is playing well, and some day really might turn into a top 1-2 guy.

Brodin IS a top 1-2 guy already. That's what's scary about him. He is something special, and this is not just because I am a Wild fan, this comes from almost anyone who watches him for a game or two.

These two are not the same. I'm not trying to be defensive about this, but this is not a fair comparison. This would be like comparing our Coyle, to say Taresenko. It's not comparable. Coyle has great upside and potential to be a good first line winger, but Taresenko has the potential to be a real star and something unique in this league.
OK, so maybe even better example - Tyler Kennedy to Minnesota for Charlie Coyle. To me, this would be the equal Seto to Pittsburgh for Despres. Would you do that one? Very interested to see what you would say. Sounds to me based on your explanations, this would be very close.

I have avoided this discussion for a reason as well. But to say Seto for Despres is fair and realistic is absurd. It's fair and realistic to the Wild, not for Pittsburgh.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-21-2013 at 05:05 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:16 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
OK, so maybe even better example - Tyler Kennedy to Minnesota for Charlie Coyle. To me, this would be the equal Seto to Pittsburgh for Despres. Would you do that one? Very interested to see what you would say. Sounds to me based on your explanations, this would be very close.
After learning as much about Despres as I have, and given the Pens need of good d, I wouldn't trade him either if I were you guys. The only way he would go is if you get an overpayment.

From the Wild perspective I would love to have him, who wouldn't. Wouldn't be worth the cost at this point, unless Shero is crazy and does something silly. Last year the WIld got Gilbert from the Oil for Shultz.... Still can't believe that one...highway robbery, imo.

As far as who for who is a fair trade? I'll just let it go. We shall see what happens in the next month or so. Your blind hate of Seto makes this comparison not even worth discussing.

I can understand hating a player. I have some that I completely detest, but that does not mean I can reasonably ignore whatever skill they do have.

Kennedy is nothing more than a veteran 3-4 line space filler with mediocre skill. Every team has a few of them. Coyle is a top forward prospect. Kennedy for Coyle would be like saying Mitchell for Morrow.

I know you don't like Seto. That's fine. He's still a decent player however.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote