HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Honeymoon destination ideas

Old
02-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Eisen

vCash: 500
Balconia

Eisen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Topp Spin
STIHL 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
If finances are an issue, just get a hotel room or something. Obviously something higher-class, but nothing that's going to run you too much. It shouldn't matter where you go, as long as you're there with her.

If your heart is really in Bora Bora, save your money over the next year and go there for a 1-year anniversary.
Finances are not an issue, just I have a wedding to pay for, I want to buy a house in Calgary. I own a condo in white rock that I have to rent out since we moved and a four plex in edmonton that I also rent out. We need a house for ourselves now!! Add to that I really, really want a new sideXside, lol. All this adds up.

I've always had pride that I can take care of my wife financially and give her what she wants, and luckly I can. The first 4 years of our relationship, we were down right broke; I know that as long as I'm with her, she'll be happy but I want to give her a dream vacation and I can. Just trying to figure out if there are places as nice as Bora Bora, but a bit cheaper!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Topp Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Bruv
Loveless

vCash: 50
Hell.

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Have you thought about Pripyat, Ukraine?

It's a big city with a lot to offer.

A ferris wheel

Go karts

A swimming pool

And even wonderful art and architecture.

You'll thank me later...
http://tour2chernobyl.com/faq.html
Cod4 was a good game.

02-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

Go to Liverpool, England.

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Tuff Gong

Send a message via MSN to Tuff Gong
Have friends who went for honeymoon to the Maldives, they liked it but very small, very expensive, very far, but extremley gourgous and the diving and snorkeling were fantastic.

Wife and I rented a condo on the North Shore of Oahu Hawaii for ours, very quiet, peaceful and had the beach litterally to our selves every day for miles euther way with snorkeling, swimming and surfing right out our doorstep.
We rented a car so it was an easy drive to Honolulu along the Kamehameha hwy, beautiful coastal drive for majority of it. Until you hit Honolulu. If you go to Oahu do not stay in Honolulu. Book a condo/house on the east/north shores.

Check out Kauai, a couple co workers spend about 2 months a winter there every year, more of the old traditional Hawaiian vibe.

Tahitit/Bora Bora/Cook Islands or any South Pacific Island would be my ideal choice.

Tuff Gong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Zorf

Belize is amazing. Best scuba and snorkelling in the world after Australia. Also, they are big in preserving the jungle, so there are loads of jungle tours where you can go check out old Mayan ruins and pyramids.
I've done my fair share of central america/Caribbean travel and Belize is the tops on my list.

Canary Islands are another option. Kind of small, and in the middle of nowhere, but they aren't overly popular with tourists so you and the new wife can enjoy some more alone time...boo yeah!

Zorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topp Spin View Post
My heart is telling me Bora Bora, but my wallet is telling me to buy the Can Am Maverick instead. LOL
Maverick > Honeymoon

Take a discounted trip to Cuba or something like that, and go with the Can Am.

02-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Topp Spin
STIHL 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Maverick > Honeymoon

Take a discounted trip to Cuba or something like that, and go with the Can Am.
Nice, there is someone else besides me that likes sideXside's
I already have a teryx but crave more power. Polaris sucks and this new Maverick looks awesome. I was going to drop a few grand and put a big bore in my kawie, but I'm thinking I'll trade it in for the Maverick.

Might just have to suck it up, go to Tahiti and then wait a couple years before I can upgrade to the Ford 6.7L diesel.

I can definitely work with some of the destination ideas. Lots of good suggestions.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:30 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Bali Indonesia. Cheap and real nice.

If you go to the Amed coast of Bali you have really nice reefs about 10 meters off the shore where you can snorkel. You have diving there are well with good reefs, some wreck diving and if you are brave Gili Salang.

People are great and its cheap. Food is fantastic.

I stayed in Hotel Ganesha which is one of the best places ive stayed anywhere. 2 balinese villas with 2 rooms each. A pool that literally over looks the beach.

http://ganeshamed.com/Ganeshamed/Home.html

Plus Bali is small enough that you can see other sights real easy like. Theres temples, rice paddies and mountains all in one compact place.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Orr123

Here are some of my suggestions,

South America (like Peru): have amazing sights, great beaches, can be cheaper if you need, but can splurge on some things. My good friends went to Peru for3 weeks and spent a week in this cool chalet in the rainforest.

Thailand: amazing sights, and can be very cheap. But you'd have to be a bit adventurous and enjoy different foods. But it's seriously amazing.

My brother and his wife did a food and wine tour through Italy.

My hubby and I went to turkey and Greece, and it was amazing! Great beaches , food and sights. Not crazy expensive.

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:53 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
I'd personally recommend Fiji, but that's just me.

I'll agree with this.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Finances are not an issue, just I have a wedding to pay for, I want to buy a house in Calgary. I own a condo in white rock that I have to rent out since we moved and a four plex in edmonton that I also rent out. We need a house for ourselves now!! Add to that I really, really want a new sideXside, lol. All this adds up.

I've always had pride that I can take care of my wife financially and give her what she wants, and luckly I can. The first 4 years of our relationship, we were down right broke; I know that as long as I'm with her, she'll be happy but I want to give her a dream vacation and I can. Just trying to figure out if there are places as nice as Bora Bora, but a bit cheaper!

Thanks everyone for your help.
I didn't mean finances were an actual issue. Nobody plans a wedding when they can't afford one, at least nobody I know.. I meant more so that you DO have expenses to pay post-honeymoon, and you're more than likely going to spend a bit of cash during the honeymoon.. so you're not going to want to spend all your cash booking the trip, no matter how fantastic the place is.

Also, are the two of you going to want your privacy.. or are you doing more touristy stuff?? Either way, Bora Bora or Fiji to me seem like the two best options, but obviously it's your choice. One last thing, did you ask for her opinion?

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Bahamas

Take a cruise too

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Topp Spin
STIHL 286

Quote:
I didn't mean finances were an actual issue. Nobody plans a wedding when they can't afford one, at least nobody I know.. I meant more so that you DO have expenses to pay post-honeymoon, and you're more than likely going to spend a bit of cash during the honeymoon.. so you're not going to want to spend all your cash booking the trip, no matter how fantastic the place is.

Also, are the two of you going to want your privacy.. or are you doing more touristy stuff?? Either way, Bora Bora or Fiji to me seem like the two best options, but obviously it's your choice. One last thing, did you ask for her opinion?
Okay, gotcha! We like to explore and do the whole tourist thing. I will definitely be renting jet ski's and we'd like to dive/snorkel, do tours and explore. She told me anywhere is fine with her and when we were looking at packages, she was sold on Tahiti!

Samoa looks pretty cool as well..

Old
02-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Okay, gotcha! We like to explore and do the whole tourist thing. I will definitely be renting jet ski's and we'd like to dive/snorkel, do tours and explore. She told me anywhere is fine with her and when we were looking at packages, she was sold on Tahiti!

Samoa looks pretty cool as well..
One thing to think about if you're going to Bora Bora/Tahiti is that since both are in French Polynesia, French is their official language (Tahitian as well for Tahiti).. so if neither of you speak/understand French, you may not want to go there. But, at the same time, it could give you a reason to take up a new language!

I feel like any idea you have, im shooting it down.. I hope it's not coming across that way, I just want to make sure the two of you have the best honeymoon you can!

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Whichever place has the nicest ceiling. Because, you know, secs.

But I've known a few people that have gone to Fiji for their honeymoon and loved it.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Was going to suggest the Cayman Islands, but that's a mere impostor compared to the greatness of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Hell.
Another fan of the Caymans I see

Dug Belize too when I spent a week there. Very inexpensive, lots of touristy stuff, some good beaches, all depends on what you want to do.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Topp Spin
STIHL 286

Quote:
One thing to think about if you're going to Bora Bora/Tahiti is that since both are in French Polynesia, French is their official language (Tahitian as well for Tahiti).. so if neither of you speak/understand French, you may not want to go there. But, at the same time, it could give you a reason to take up a new language!

I feel like any idea you have, im shooting it down.. I hope it's not coming across that way, I just want to make sure the two of you have the best honeymoon you can!
Absolutely not, I definitely appreciate the advice! My woman can speak french fluently, so we're okay there.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:04 PM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 179
St. Kitts

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:09 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator