HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A simple three way deal

Old
02-21-2013, 06:01 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Terrible for Columbus.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Sergei Shirokov

EDM wins, the other 2 teams lose it seems. (Columbus more than Calgary though)

The pieces are interesting, and there might be a basis here, but this one is alot tougher than you think.

Calgary has an agenda for what they want in return for J-Bo. And that return isn't terrible. But not the great return they would be seeking either. (Regardless of how realistic it is or not)

And I don't see CBJ wanting to trade away a pick like that for that return. They would like another younger player like Brassard most likely, or a roster player on a better contract that is a more sure thing. They get the worst part of this deal IMO.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Superstar Shane

Why would Columbus want Hemsky? He'll be gone by the time that team's ready to start competing for a playoff spot.

Superstar Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I think I would prefer to flip Hemsky+ to either the coyotes or leafs for yandle/pheneuf
Hell No from the Oilers.

Oilwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMoranFanclub View Post
Why would Columbus want Hemsky? He'll be gone by the time that team's ready to start competing for a playoff spot.
Hemsky still has another good 6-7 yrs left in him since he's only 29 yrs old. He would also give that young team veteran leadership and experiences.

Oilwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Superstar Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
Hemsky still has another good 6-7 yrs left in him since he's only 29 yrs old. He would also give that young team veteran leadership and experiences.
Sure, but he's a free agent after next season. Is he going to want to re-sign in Columbus after spending all that time in Edmonton? You'd think he has to be reaching the point where he'd like to start playing playoff games on a regular basis.

Superstar Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:38 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Brassard and 2nd for Hemsky? Meh, prefer long-term options.
Oilers get bent over with this offer, doesn't help them at all.

Don't see Jay Bouwmeester as a option for the Oilers, will end up costing them too much to resign him, rather trade Hemsky for something the Oilers need for the future. I wish Stauffer would keep his brain farts to himself.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMoranFanclub View Post
Sure, but he's a free agent after next season. Is he going to want to re-sign in Columbus after spending all that time in Edmonton? You'd think he has to be reaching the point where he'd like to start playing playoff games on a regular basis.
He's admitted he doesn't like a lot of change, if he is comfortable where he is at and they treat him well he has a pretty good chance of staying there. He's not a chase the $$$ kind of player who just goes to where the biggest payday is. Based on past interviews being on a winning team is appealing to him, but it's not the be all end all for him, I think he is a lot more interested in winning an Olympic medal than he is the Stanley Cup.

Burnt Biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:25 PM
rockinghockey

J BO will never get CGY a young player and two 2nd round picks. I would not trade Hemsky straight acros for JBo or Phanuef. I would be interested in JBo but not at what his contract is at and not for Hemsky or a 1st, another team can have him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:37 AM
leeroggy

That fact that EVERY team representative is complaining they are getting hosed means you came up with a pretty good idea. It never ceases to amaze me how much cap space being opened up is so much more underrated in the NHL when it is so prized in the NBA. An extra 3-4 million in cap space going into the next free agency period given the reduced cap is going to be worth as much or more than a late first round pick, when teams are less likely to be able to re-sign their UFA's and probably a few RFA's here and there. Calgary also gets two seconds (both potentially pretty high up in the second in a deep draft.

JB might fit better with Edmonton due to their offensive talent. Brassard might make a third line center for Calgary or be another chip for another team. Columbus has the biggest gripe but it seems Brassard is just not going to produce enough there for the 6th overall he was and he needs a change of scenery. Hemsky will or won't be a good fit, depending on health, but what's new about that?

Certainly a step above most trade offers I see here. If forced to choose I would definitely would want to be Calgary in this but Edmonton is a close second.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote