HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver trading partner?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2006, 04:09 PM
  #1
Jo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Vancouver trading partner?

Here is Vancouver salary commitment so far

Roberto Luongo Signed 4-year, $27 million deal $6 million
Markus Naslund $6 million
Daniel Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Henrik Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Mattias Ohlund $3.5 million
Willie Mitchell Signed 4-year, $14 million deal $3.5 million
Brendan Morrison $3.2 million
Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million
Marc Chouinard Signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal $1.1 million


TOTAL OF 33.45 Millions for 10 players only, so they still have to sign around 12 playertd including: Brookbank, Sean Brown, Kesler, Krajicek, Noronen, Park, Linder and others.

So it's less than 1M per player, do you guys think thta the nuck could be a good trading partner?

For my part I would go after Mattias Ohlund!!

Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:26 PM
  #2
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBell View Post
Here is Vancouver salary commitment so far

Roberto Luongo Signed 4-year, $27 million deal $6 million
Markus Naslund $6 million
Daniel Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Henrik Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Mattias Ohlund $3.5 million
Willie Mitchell Signed 4-year, $14 million deal $3.5 million
Brendan Morrison $3.2 million
Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million
Marc Chouinard Signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal $1.1 million


TOTAL OF 33.45 Millions for 10 players only, so they still have to sign around 12 playertd including: Brookbank, Sean Brown, Kesler, Krajicek, Noronen, Park, Linder and others.

So it's less than 1M per player, do you guys think thta the nuck could be a good trading partner?

For my part I would go after Mattias Ohlund!!

I was thinking the same when I went through the list haha.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:29 PM
  #3
Finkle is Einhorn
Registered User
 
Finkle is Einhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBell View Post
Here is Vancouver salary commitment so far

Roberto Luongo Signed 4-year, $27 million deal $6 million
Markus Naslund $6 million
Daniel Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Henrik Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Mattias Ohlund $3.5 million
Willie Mitchell Signed 4-year, $14 million deal $3.5 million
Brendan Morrison $3.2 million
Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million
Marc Chouinard Signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal $1.1 million


TOTAL OF 33.45 Millions for 10 players only, so they still have to sign around 12 playertd including: Brookbank, Sean Brown, Kesler, Krajicek, Noronen, Park, Linder and others.

So it's less than 1M per player, do you guys think thta the nuck could be a good trading partner?

For my part I would go after Mattias Ohlund!!
Those guys won't be re-signed (Brown could be an option as a #7).

There is almost no package you guys could put together to fetch Ohlund. He is a top 10 d-man who is locked up at a ridiculously low price. But by all means, fire away on some proposals

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:30 PM
  #4
TheHoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: English Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,307
vCash: 500
Sami Salo isn't bad and is very cheap, maybe Souray for Salo and a draft pick?

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:35 PM
  #5
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
well since they appear to be in cap trouble, why would they trade a CHEAP reliable defenseman?

Souray for Ohlund would be good for both parties ...picks to even out but Souray makes like around 2 so they would save around 1.3-1.5 M $ if i'm not mistaking.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:36 PM
  #6
Finkle is Einhorn
Registered User
 
Finkle is Einhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Sami Salo isn't bad and is very cheap, maybe Souray for Salo and a draft pick?
I don't want to impose on your boards too much, but no thanks from a Canucks standpoint. If I was Nonis, I wouldn't do Salo for Souray straight up.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:38 PM
  #7
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 256
I would go after Salo.Nonnis will never trade Ohlund im pretty sure it's his #1 guy now.Salo at 1.5 is freakin great

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:39 PM
  #8
Duster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
No way Vancouver accepts Souray for Ohlund. With Jovo gone, Ohlund is their No 1 defenseman. Would you trade Markov for Souray? Didn't think so...

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
  #9
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
as you can see, the core of the canucks is intact..
they can fill the rest of their roster with youngsters and ahlers (for the 4th line and bottom pairing on defense), they're not in a desperate mode like the devils.
just a guess:
kesler (800k)-morrisson-naslund
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA
burrows (700k)-Linden (1.1million)-bouck (600k)

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)
bieksa (800k)-Krajicek (900k)

luongo-noronen (1.2 million)

so that's about 7.5 million in additional salary, giving them around 41 million in total salary. that gives them 3 million to spend on that UFA. just a guess, im not sure if bourdon is NHL ready (but from i have seen from him...he looks like he's on his way). the canucks should try going after anson carter again, or maybe take a chance on eric lindros to play on the wing with the sedins.


Last edited by wholeshow*: 07-13-2006 at 05:10 PM.
wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:24 PM
  #10
JohnnyReb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Sami Salo isn't bad and is very cheap, maybe Souray for Salo and a draft pick?
Ummm... the point of this thread was that the Canucks may have cap problems, and you want them to trade a cheap defenseman for a guy who is MORE expensive?

Not sure that makes sense...

JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:32 PM
  #11
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,979
vCash: 500
I would dream to go for Ryan Kesler but there's no reason that any GM would let go a guy like him....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
  #12
mayday199
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Canucklehead rookie Dmen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
as you can see, the core of the canucks is intact..
they can fill the rest of their roster with youngsters and ahlers (for the 4th line and bottom pairing on defense), they're not in a desperate mode like the devils.
just a guess:
kesler (800k)-morrisson-naslund
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA
burrows (700k)-Linden (1.1million)-bouck (600k)

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)
bieksa (800k)-Krajicek (900k)

luongo-noronen (1.2 million)

so that's about 7.5 million in additional salary, giving them around 41 million in total salary. that gives them 3 million to spend on that UFA. just a guess, im not sure if bourdon is NHL ready (but from i have seen from him...he looks like he's on his way). the canucks should try going after anson carter again, or maybe take a chance on eric lindros to play on the wing with the sedins.

I don't know about you but no matter how highly rated the rookie Dmen are there is no way I would want to start with 3 rookie unproven defensemen in my top 6. I know only the 4th Dman would get alot of time but if mitchell, ohlund or salo go down injured they would be in trouble.

I'm curious if a Souray-ribero-Streit plus a 2nd rounder might work for Salo-Morrison? Then Vancouver could put the sedin twins on with naslund, toss riberio on with Kesler and I think streit would be a decent 4th defensemen for them who is a little older and I think ready for more responsibility

(or even tradiing Souray-Ribero-Perezhogin for salo & morission and something like a 2nd rounder)

That would save vancouver about 1.5million and fill another hole cheaply and we get our 2nd second line big center.

mayday199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:46 PM
  #13
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,497
vCash: 0
The only guy i see the Nucks shopping is Brendan Morrison.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
  #14
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by may999 View Post
I don't know about you but no matter how highly rated the rookie Dmen are there is no way I would want to start with 3 rookie unproven defensemen in my top 6. I know only the 4th Dman would get alot of time but if mitchell, ohlund or salo go down injured they would be in trouble.
well that was nonis' fault when he just had to add bryan allen to the deal. could have given up a first rounder instead, but i digress.
bieksa played around 40 games last year and played pretty good as well getting over 16 minutes a game. he's young and kind of green, but he can be molded into a solid d-man. krajicek is young, but he's not a raw rookie...as he has 90 games under his belt. bourdon would be the only raw rookie in this lineup. but i agree, it's a young defensive core. but that's what happens when you give a monster contract to your starting goaltender in the cap world. you expect the goaltender to be good enough to make up for the braincamps by the young d-men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by may999 View Post
I'm curious if a Souray-ribero-Streit plus a 2nd rounder might work for Salo-Morrison? Then Vancouver could put the sedin twins on with naslund, toss riberio on with Kesler and I think streit would be a decent 4th defensemen for them who is a little older and I think ready for more responsibility

(or even tradiing Souray-Ribero-Perezhogin for salo & morission and something like a 2nd rounder)

That would save vancouver about 1.5million and fill another hole cheaply and we get our 2nd second line big center.
i don't see much of an upgrade of morrisson over ribs to warrant a 1.5 million dollar increase in salary (plus brendan has 2 years left on his 3.5 million a year contract). salo would be an improvement over souray, but the canucks end up with a good veteran like streit to add defensive depth (so its good for them).
good proposal. the sedins with naslund has some definite untapped potential!

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:26 PM
  #15
Mikhail Grabovsky*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: at your girlfriends
Country: Canada
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by battle axe View Post
I don't want to impose on your boards too much, but no thanks from a Canucks standpoint. If I was Nonis, I wouldn't do Salo for Souray straight up.

And as a Canucks fan , I would be willing to bet my house that you know chit about Souray, so you can go back to Canucks home base now..

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
  #16
GreatWhiteLark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cape Breton Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
as you can see, the core of the canucks is intact..
they can fill the rest of their roster with youngsters and ahlers (for the 4th line and bottom pairing on defense), they're not in a desperate mode like the devils.
just a guess:
kesler (800k)-morrisson-naslund
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA
burrows (700k)-Linden (1.1million)-bouck (600k)

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)
bieksa (800k)-Krajicek (900k)

luongo-noronen (1.2 million)

so that's about 7.5 million in additional salary, giving them around 41 million in total salary. that gives them 3 million to spend on that UFA. just a guess, im not sure if bourdon is NHL ready (but from i have seen from him...he looks like he's on his way). the canucks should try going after anson carter again, or maybe take a chance on eric lindros to play on the wing with the sedins.
How long would it take for Luongo to miss playing behind Florida's D? Bourdon's still a year or two away from being ready.

Vancouver has a need for D men, yes. We have an extra D who wants to be traded to the West Coast, yes. There's just not enough cap room for Vancouver to make the move, and Montreal to get anything of value in return.

I really think we're focusing on the wrong part of the country with Souray. He want's to be closer to his daughter in California. Anything West of Montreal would be closer, I'm thinking Chicago would overpay as they did with Havlat. They are under the gun to improve in hurry. St.Louis also needs D men big time, and a goalie but they don't really have much they would part with for return.

The Pred's lost two very physical D men from their club (Witt and Markov) and have a cart load of young prospects to dangle.

Would Hamhuis for Souray be an overpay on either side?

Will be interesting to see where he lands.

GreatWhiteLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:06 PM
  #17
Roxor
Registered User
 
Roxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunjeebakala View Post
as you can see, the core of the canucks is intact..
they can fill the rest of their roster with youngsters and ahlers (for the 4th line and bottom pairing on defense), they're not in a desperate mode like the devils.
just a guess:
kesler (800k)-morrisson-naslund
sedin-sedin-king (700k)
cooke-chouinard- UFA
burrows (700k)-Linden (1.1million)-bouck (600k)

ohlund-mitchell
salo-bourdon(750k)
bieksa (800k)-Krajicek (900k)

luongo-noronen (1.2 million)

so that's about 7.5 million in additional salary, giving them around 41 million in total salary. that gives them 3 million to spend on that UFA. just a guess, im not sure if bourdon is NHL ready (but from i have seen from him...he looks like he's on his way). the canucks should try going after anson carter again, or maybe take a chance on eric lindros to play on the wing with the sedins.

geez, i actually feel good about our defense, looking at this one

Roxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:11 PM
  #18
jpchabby
Registered User
 
jpchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov View Post
geez, i actually feel good about our defense, looking at this one
in fact we have quite a good defense... pretty much depth in ours...

But I doubt we would get Ohlund... almost impossible to get a team's number 1 defenseman so easily

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:20 PM
  #19
Roxor
Registered User
 
Roxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
in fact we have quite a good defense... pretty much depth in ours...

But I doubt we would get Ohlund... almost impossible to get a team's number 1 defenseman so easily
agreed

ohlund is worth a lot, plus nonis wont trade him for chips

the guy maybe the only hope for playoffs, along with luongo

Roxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:21 PM
  #20
jpchabby
Registered User
 
jpchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov View Post
agreed

ohlund is worth a lot, plus nonis wont trade him for chips

the guy maybe the only hope for playoffs, along with luongo
Loll, Naslund can always help, that's for sure loll

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:23 PM
  #21
digitalmonkey*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
I think Vancouver (lack of depth) is one of the least likely trading partners.

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:26 PM
  #22
Roxor
Registered User
 
Roxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
Loll, Naslund can always help, that's for sure loll
right but he's all alone with the Sedins imho

Roxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 08:27 PM
  #23
jpchabby
Registered User
 
jpchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov View Post
right but he's all alone with the Sedins imho
agree, now that he lost Bert...

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
  #24
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBell View Post
Here is Vancouver salary commitment so far

Roberto Luongo Signed 4-year, $27 million deal $6 million
Markus Naslund $6 million
Daniel Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Henrik Sedin Re-signed a three-year deal $3.575 million
Mattias Ohlund $3.5 million
Willie Mitchell Signed 4-year, $14 million deal $3.5 million
Brendan Morrison $3.2 million
Matt Cooke $1.5 million
Sami Salo $1.5 million
Marc Chouinard Signed a two-year, $2.2 million deal $1.1 million


TOTAL OF 33.45 Millions for 10 players only, so they still have to sign around 12 playertd including: Brookbank, Sean Brown, Kesler, Krajicek, Noronen, Park, Linder and others.

So it's less than 1M per player, do you guys think thta the nuck could be a good trading partner?

For my part I would go after Mattias Ohlund!!

I thought zednik made the most sense for vancouver. But now that zednik is gone, I dont see a whole lot of potential of these two teams hooking up

I would have gone for a guy like matt cooke

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
  #25
Finkle is Einhorn
Registered User
 
Finkle is Einhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Maley View Post
And as a Canucks fan , I would be willing to bet my house that you know chit about Souray, so you can go back to Canucks home base now..
Well, seeing as how I watch only slightly less Canadiens games than Canucks games per year, you can just courier over the deed to your house. No need to be a jackass.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.