HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

iginla and tanguay to pittsburgh

Old
02-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
If Iggy is going to the Pens, Morrow better be coming back.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:06 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Not going to happen as awesome as it would be.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:15 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
That won't be happening.

I have no idea why people are trying to expand a team sending three Flame assets to Pittsburgh for five. That isn't needed. Pittsburgh needs a winger. It doesn't need Iggy and Stempy, or Iggy and Tanguay and Sarich.

It needs Tanguay or an inspired Iginla. That is it. Not two.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
To Pitts:
Iginla
Sarich
4th rounder

To Cal:
1st rounder 2013
Bennett
Harrington
Kennedy
This is an easy no. We don't need Sarich, we don't need a 4th rounder.

So, is this Iggy for a 1st and Harrington?

Old
02-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Pigs On The Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That won't be happening.

I have no idea why people are trying to expand a team sending three Flame assets to Pittsburgh for five. That isn't needed. Pittsburgh needs a winger. It doesn't need Iggy and Stempy, or Iggy and Tanguay and Sarich.

We have Dupuis on our top line and a rotating door of garbage on Geno's left wing. Getting two good wingers would be optimal for us.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
I highly doubt Calgary would target Harrington. He is a great prospect, but brings very little to our prospect pool.

We already have Wotherspoon, Sieloff and Ramage who all project to be similar players at the NHL level.

We need a Despres/Morrow/Pouliot type defender, or a winger like Bennett.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
I think Maatta would be about the best prospect you'd squeeze out of Shero. You could chose Harrington or Dumoulin instead but I don't think they have as high a ceiling. I'd imagine Morrow, Despres, Pouliot and Bennett are off limits for any rental.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:43 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Sorry forward prospect. Thats why I think Bennett would have to be included
Yeah, sorry, I understood that and wasn't trying to correct you at all, but saying, if that is the price, we may well be out. Not because it is an unreasonable one, but because we simply do not have the means to trade a winger for a winger, prospects included. At least not for Iginla. If it was a young longterm solution, maybe, IDK.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:49 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Would love to see Iginla and Crosby re-united on a line...they were so dangerous and thrilling to watch in 2010.

They even combined to beat USA in the gold medal game
What? They were split up and didn't really do much... they got the one play at the end to win the thing but other then that they were not effective.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:50 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definition View Post
We have Dupuis on our top line and a rotating door of garbage on Geno's left wing. Getting two good wingers would be optimal for us.
You don't need to give up the farm for two guys like Tanguay and Iginla. One will do. Laugh at Dupes all you want and no he isn't your protypical top line guy, but he has CHEMISTRY with Crosby. That amounts to something. To be honest, we need one winger for Malkin. That one spot on the line is a black hole.

Optimal, sure. Truly needed? I don't think as much. I would prefer Tanguay than Iggy because I don't like giving up a boat load for rentals. Tanguay is skilled enough to serve as a top six guy without question and would fill a void. He has three more years at a fair cap hit too boot.

Crosby Kunitz and Dupes is strong enough to hang on and produce
Tanguay, Neal and Malkin would do well IMO.

I'm not keen on giving up a first and top D prospect and possibly more just for Iginla. You would have to add a pick and a prospect for Tanguay too boot. That is alot to give up. Your farm system would fall down worse than Philly's right now.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I highly doubt Calgary would target Harrington. He is a great prospect, but brings very little to our prospect pool.

We already have Wotherspoon, Sieloff and Ramage who all project to be similar players at the NHL level.

We need a Despres/Morrow/Pouliot type defender, or a winger like Bennett.
I just can't see Bennett moved for Iggy.

He is literally the only top six wing prospect they have. If Iggy signs elsewhere this Summer, the Pens would be screwed. No Iggy or Bennett would really put the Pens in a huge hole.

It's honestly hard to decide what blueline prospect Shero would move. He isn't keeping them all and it's obvious some will be moved. I think Morrow is the only true untouchable one. But maybe Shero prefers Pouliot more or with Despres playing so well this season, maybe he is the one he will kill a deal over. I suspect he would only move any of these four mentioned above, if they are packaged for a long term solution at wing.

Again, just a guess.

Just really hard to know what Shero is thinking.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I just can't see Bennett moved for Iggy.

He is literally the only top six wing prospect they have. If Iggy signs elsewhere this Summer, the Pens would be screwed. No Iggy or Bennett would really put the Pens in a huge hole.

It's honestly hard to decide what blueline prospect Shero would move. He isn't keeping them all and it's obvious some will be moved. I think Morrow is the only true untouchable one. But maybe Shero prefers Pouliot more or with Despres playing so well this season, maybe he is the one he will kill a deal over. I suspect he would only move any of these four mentioned above, if they are packaged for a long term solution at wing.

Again, just a guess.

Just really hard to know what Shero is thinking.
His last few deals involved players we never thought of. Expect the unexpected with him. It very well could be someone that hasn't been named yet.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:07 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That won't be happening.

So you think one winger added and the pens have the best shot from winning the cup? Defense was your biggest issue last year, what changed since then that its all good now?

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:12 PM
gordie

Quote:
So you think one winger added and the pens have the best shot from winning the cup? Defense was your biggest issue last year, what changed since then that its all good now?
Pens are not only one top 4 defensman away, they are also one good quality NHL Head Coach away from being a serious threat. Trade with Calgary for forwards won't help.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:16 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
We have good defensemen. We had good defensemen last year. Until Bylsma stops with the "you do not need to even know who the opposition is, we are just playing as always, offense is the best defense" schtick, guys like Sarich and Co are not going to be an improvement.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Corban

Quote:
Well first and foremost, Martin is a completely different player than last year. Not sure if you know Shero asked Paul if he would like traded for a change of scenery, Paul said he wanted to stay and prove his worth. Well what ever he did in the off season has worked wonders. He might be our best defender this season.

The implementation of Despres and Bort so early in the year will help out in their development, and by no means have they been disappointments. Good solid minutes.

Niskanen, Letang, Orpik, and Englland have been more than servicable.

So all in all, the change in Martin's game, and the two young guys (Bort/Despres) have hopefully provided the upgrade needed. We shall see thou.

Corban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:28 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash 12 View Post
tanguay/crosby/iginla
Wouldn't it be simpler to trade Crosby to Calgary? Just saying!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:29 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Wouldn't it be simpler to trade Crosby to Calgary? Just saying!
nope, not even in a sarcastic sense

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:49 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

so i downloaded the Feb. 20 roster update in NHL13 and got offered this trade in Be A GM mode...

it might be a sign...

seriously, though, i don't think Calgary would do this.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATT187 View Post
2013 1st, Dumoulin, Pouliot, Kennedy is probably fair value
No it's not. For that price, the Penguins could get a younger winger that won't be a UFA at the end of the season.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
The problem isn't so much the personnel as it is the coach. If you bothered to venture into the Pens board and did some research, you'd know what our biggest gripe has been since near the end of last season.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Yes, I think one SOLID top six two-way wing and we are ready to go. That either moves Dupuis down to third line, or fills a huge void with Malkin and Neal.

Our defense is fine. Martin is back to being the guy we signed from NJ. He might be our steadiest guy this year. Add in the fact he is becoming more of an offensive force and has looked very good as the QB of the PP in Letang's absence ... that has helped.

Despres, Bortuzzo have gotten important minutes and have looked solid when they were in. Despres and Letang look to be a very good pairing for the future.

Defense, we are much better than last. The only weakness absent a need for a top six wing and I'm talking about a good one, not spare part, is lack of discipline. If guys like Malkin and Neal would stop the retaliating or showing frustration, they would be on the ice four more minutes per game than in the box.

Then again, if Bylsma would make adjustments throughout the game, we might have something special.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Nietzsche Zone Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
The problem isn't so much the personnel as it is the coach. If you bothered to venture into the Pens board and did some research, you'd know what our biggest gripe has been since near the end of last season.
The idea of reading angry and misinformed fan posts on here as being any kind of research is really cracking me up.

Nietzsche Zone Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I think Maatta would be about the best prospect you'd squeeze out of Shero. You could chose Harrington or Dumoulin instead but I don't think they have as high a ceiling. I'd imagine Morrow, Despres, Pouliot and Bennett are off limits for any rental.
Other teams would offer more. And if we couldn't get one of Despres or Morrow from the Pens, I'm fine with seeing Iggy go to the Bruins, Kings or Wings or where ever. Lots of teams will be wanting him for a Cup run and the return is going to be a good one.

I really don't understand the issue either, the Pens have a surplus of quality defensive prospects, trading one for Iginla who can play with Sid for at least the next 3 seasons is not bad asset management when you consider what you have in the pipe.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:34 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Other teams would offer more. And if we couldn't get one of Despres or Morrow from the Pens, I'm fine with seeing Iggy go to the Bruins, Kings or Wings or where ever. Lots of teams will be wanting him for a Cup run and the return is going to be a good one.

I really don't understand the issue either, the Pens have a surplus of quality defensive prospects, trading one for Iginla who can play with Sid for at least the next 3 seasons is not bad asset management when you consider what you have in the pipe.
it is if you have no idea whether you'll actually be able to KEEP Iginla for those 3 years