HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Couturier

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Lolnowayhaha

vCash: 500
Sean Couturier

I know we all love this guy and he's so young and so on. . . But it's clear he's never going to be an 80 point center people act like he's gonna be he has nowhere near the hands or the vision or scoring touch to reach anywhere near that... Right now a lot of teams are high on him, I really do like Coots but for what we could get in return I think it's worth selling high now...Ryan O Riley? Or however you spell it. Don't hammer me its just a thought. . . I'm sure others have pondered the thought?

Old
02-21-2013, 07:27 PM
RussianRocket10

Who in the world said he would be an 80 point center?

Old
02-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Blaaah

I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't be against trading him.
depending on what we could get obviously.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Mgkibbles

Why would the Flyers trade Couturier for another center?

Old
02-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Who in the world said he would be an 80 point center?
A lot of fans were saying he had that potential... I'm just saying for what we can get for him moving forward seems to be really nice considering his price is at an all time high... Idk man I just don't see anything magical out of him like when giroux first came up you knew he was special... Similar to houberdou in this game you can see he's gonna be a special player... Couturier doesn't give me that feeling...

Old
02-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Why would the Flyers trade Couturier for another center?
Because he's already better and he's only 21...?

Old
02-21-2013, 07:34 PM
SuchySays

my god, is this thread serious?

come on now.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolnowayhaha View Post
A lot of fans were saying he had that potential... I'm just saying for what we can get for him moving forward seems to be really nice considering his price is at an all time high... Idk man I just don't see anything magical out of him like when giroux first came up you knew he was special... Similar to houberdou in this game you can see he's gonna be a special player... Couturier doesn't give me that feeling...
Shutting down the leading scorer in the league during the Playoffs last year wasn't special? Also, not ever guy has the flair of Giroux or Huberduberduberdo. Remember Patrick Sharp? He didn't look real stellar for the Flyers, how'd he turn out? Same with Richards and Carter. It'll take Couturier a few years, but I still think he has the ability to hover around a ppg. But even if he only develops into a 60 point player, you're still gonna have a Selke candidate.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:37 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 0
I'm getting so sick of this board. If one of our young guys doesn't rack up points like '85 Gretzky, people want to ship them out of town.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:38 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaaah View Post
I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't be against trading him.
depending on what we could get obviously.
I'm in the minority with you but only for defensive help. ROR is basically the same thing as Couturier but will cost 3 or 4 million more. Theres no reason to trade him for the same thing he already is. ROR career high is 50 some point and before that was 26. They are the same player Couturier is just 2 years younger and 4 million dollars cheaper

Old
02-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
Shutting down the leading scorer in the league during the Playoffs last year wasn't special? Also, not ever guy has the flair of Giroux or Huberduberduberdo. Remember Patrick Sharp? He didn't look real stellar for the Flyers, how'd he turn out? Same with Richards and Carter. It'll take Couturier a few years, but I still think he has the ability to hover around a ppg. But even if he only develops into a 60 point player, you're still gonna have a Selke candidate.

Malkin wasn't shut down he had 8 points in 6 games man... That's not shut down...

Old
02-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I would as well but only for defensive help. ROR is basically the same thing as Couturier but will cost 3 or 4 million more. Theres no reason to trade him for the same thing he already is. ROR career high is 50 some point and before that was 26. They are the same player Couturier is just 2 years younger and 4 million dollars cheaper

Agree with this post.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I'm getting so sick of this board. If one of our young guys doesn't rack up points like '85 Gretzky, people want to ship them out of town.

You're taking my thread the wrong way... If you watch him you know he isn't the special player some people make him out to be his hockey IQ just isn't what ppl think it is... I'm saying for our franchise moving forward moving him could do us more good than keeping him before his value plummets... Just saying..

Old
Mgkibbles

Quote:
I would as well but only for defensive help. ROR is basically the same thing as Couturier but will cost 3 or 4 million more. Theres no reason to trade him for the same thing he already is. ROR career high is 50 some point and before that was 26. They are the same player Couturier is just 2 years younger and 4 million dollars cheaper
I'm in the same boat. I love Couturier, but if there was a deal available to get a really good young defenseman, I'd have to think about it. But trading Couturier for another center who's more expensive and with less upside is asinine.

Old
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
You have a shot at OEL, you either give up Couturier or you don't get him what do you do?

Old
02-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
You have a shot at OEL, you either give up Couturier or you don't get him what do you do?
I feel like Holmgren would be wise to talk to teams around the league and explore options for young d-men with huge upside especially the yotes a team with not much depth at C

Old
02-21-2013, 07:45 PM

I recall people were set to trade Jake a couple of weeks ago.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Malkin wasn't shut down he had 8 points in 6 games man... That's not shut down...
In 6 regular season games, Malkin scored 2 ES points (both assists) when Couturier was on the ice.

In 6 playoff games, Malkin scored 1 ES point (assist) when Couturier was on the ice.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1175395

Old
02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
In 6 regular season games, Malkin scored 2 ES points (both assists) when Couturier was on the ice.

In 6 playoff games, Malkin scored 1 ES point (assist) when Couturier was on the ice.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1175395
So the PP doesn't count in the NHL anymore? Common man it wasn't just Coots shutting him down by himself...

Old
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
FLYguy3911

People before the season weren't willing to trade this guy for Seth Jones straight up. I get why people like him but his value gets a little overrated on this board.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
RussianRocket10

Why stop at Couturier? Brayden Schenn will never be a 200 point player. Trade him too.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Why stop at Couturier? Brayden Schenn will never be a 200 point player. Trade him too.
Schenn is a solid second line center already with much more offensive talent than couturier he fits our future plans a lot more.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Lolnowayhaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
People before the season weren't willing to trade this guy for Seth Jones straight up. I get why people like him but his value gets a little overrated on this board.
Agreed I'm glad other flyers fans at least catch my drift and realize I'm not being irrational.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Agreed I'm glad other flyers fans at least catch my drift and realize I'm not being irrational.
Meh, debatable.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

No thanks, don't really want O;Rielly with how this whole Colorado thing is playing out, makes him seem like a selfish player. I'd much rather keep Couts unless we're getting a potential number 1 dman coming back. And I really don't remember anyone ever saying he'd be an 80 point player, I remember people saying he'll be a shutdown Jordan Staal type player. ~50-60 points, solid defensively, used against top line.

Closed Thread