HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Point taken. thanks for the added dialog in a reasonable conversation. Avs fans are getting as snide as Leafs fans.

Daddy wrote the letter not ROR.
It certainly helps that he was right and the Oiler fan was wrong...I'd rather snide and correct than the opposite personally.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
We need Dmen not forwards
Aye. We're in a bit of a bind as we have three guys that are about average first pairing guys. And one prospect who isn't going anywhere in Trouba. After that its Hainsey (UFA), Stuart (best as bottom pairing), Redmond and Postma. Any of those guys for the bill?

Old
02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
We need Dmen not forwards
Despres+Maatta/Harrington interest the Avs?

Old
02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Aye. We're in a bit of a bind as we have three guys that are about average first pairing guys. And one prospect who isn't going anywhere in Trouba. After that its Hainsey (UFA), Stuart (best as bottom pairing), Redmond and Postma. Any of those guys for the bill?
Some Avs fans were talking about Little/Wheeler and Trouba/Bogosian for O'Reilly and a defenseman so I think you have your answer.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:05 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
It certainly helps that he was right and the Oiler fan was wrong...I'd rather snide and correct than the opposite personally.

Or just be correct. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of offer sheet rules on here. If everyone on here was required to be an expert, it would not be an open forum.

That said, although Oils cannot offer sheet at the moment, does not mean that if they decide ROR is worth that much, they would not do what it takes to get their pick back.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Some Avs fans were talking about Little/Wheeler and Trouba/Bogosian for O'Reilly and a defenseman so I think you have your answer.
"Looks like it's time to be hitting the old dusty trail..."

Old
02-21-2013, 05:23 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Whoa.. Delusional, much?

Old
02-21-2013, 05:30 PM
IceyDice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Whoa.. Delusional, much?
Our best player from last season who was supposed to bleed burgundy and blue and possibly could have been our next captain is having a contract hold out that makes it seem like he hates the Avs now. That will damage the best of minds.

And we're not going to trade him unless we get the value we feel he is worth.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Whoa.. Delusional, much?
Not that far off from what they'd be asking(keyword). Avs are looking for overpayment right now by a team that is panicking. They are in no rush to move ROR seeing as they are a long shot for the 8th seed come april. Most likely will make their move come draft day, imo. At least thats what I hope they do.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
barnabyrules

I can't wait for Avs fans to be sorely disappointed when he's traded for a 1st and a solid (not elite) prospect. Expecting a bigger return than Nash got... c'mon.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyrules View Post
I can't wait for Avs fans to be sorely disappointed when he's traded for a 1st and a solid (not elite) prospect. Expecting a bigger return than Nash got... c'mon.
Awesome, thanks for your valuable input on the topic.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:45 PM
IceyDice

Quote:
So thats what will finally make you happy, good to know.

Personally I hope we sign him and he stays with the franchise for life.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Sounds like you're crying to me.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Point taken. thanks for the added dialog in a reasonable conversation. Avs fans are getting as snide as Leafs fans.
Snide? Pardon me for pointing out an uncomfortable truth.

An Oiler fan was in here talking about offer sheeting ROR. I merely pointed out at this time it is impossible for them to do that.

I'm sorry you don't like hearing facts.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
I think people are thinking more along the lines of Jordan Staal (more proven, but soon to be UFA and only one team to trade him to).

Old
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
IceyDice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Snide? Pardon me for pointing out an uncomfortable truth.

An Oiler fan was in here talking about offer sheeting ROR. I merely pointed out at this time it is impossible for them to do that.

I'm sorry you don't like hearing facts.
Well it's not a fact unless it happens. Until then it's opinion. Your opinion which I will politely disagree with.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:58 PM
GoldenJet89

vCash: 362
top 6 forward. young #4-5 dman. and a 2nd... tops

anything more is over-paying. but as mentioned, an overpayment is likely what the avs are hoping for

in regards to the bogosian/trouba idea? lets not get crazy now. there would be picks/players going the jets way along with oreilly if thats what you wanna talk about

Old
02-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
Well it's not a fact unless it happens. Until then it's opinion. Your opinion which I will politely disagree with.
Except it...is...a fact...

No 3rd = unable to send offer sheet. That's not an IMO.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
No, it is a fact. What are you talking about???? The Oilers cannot offer sheet ROR right now since they don't have their 3rd round pick. That is a fact, not an opinion. If you disagree with it, you're already wrong.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Flair Hay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
top 6 forward. young #4-5 dman. and a 2nd... tops

anything more is over-paying. but as mentioned, an overpayment is likely what the avs are hoping for

in regards to the bogosian/trouba idea? lets not get crazy now. there would be picks/players going the jets way along with oreilly if thats what you wanna talk about
I assumed it was implied myself. But at what point does it just become silly for a team with a (good) player holding out to be asking for someone better than him as a centrepiece of a trade? Oh well, nothing wrong with what he suggested. It wasn't a proposal jut trying to show how highly he was regarded. The guy isn't far off from being a Kesler/Backes/Callahan/Bergeron player.

If ROR was a Jet from day one I'd just give the guy his $4-4.5M a year and be done with it...

Old
02-21-2013, 06:09 PM
IceyDice

Quote:
No, it is a fact. What are you talking about???? The Oilers cannot offer sheet ROR right now since they don't have their 3rd round pick. That is a fact, not an opinion. If you disagree with it, you're already wrong.

Quote:

My bad, thought you were the guy saying O'Reilly's return would be disappointing. I should really watch who i'm quoting.....

But hey could easily trade a spare part for a third if they were really keen on doing it.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:15 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Empty threat.

Oilers don't have their 3rd round pick. They can threaten to offer sheet all they want. It's impossible for them to actually do it.
This does not say "at this time" impossible. I apologize for misinterpreting your reply.

Quote:
Or just be correct. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of offer sheet rules on here. If everyone on here was required to be an expert, it would not be an open forum.

That said, although Oils cannot offer sheet at the moment, does not mean that if they decide ROR is worth that much, they would not do what it takes to get their pick back.
My original reply to the Oil fan, while not pointing out the Oils did not have the pick (huge mistake on my part i see now), was just to continue discussing value etc. I tried to explain myself further with the one above.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

How would the Avs feel about the Flames offering Gio and Reinhart?

Reinhart is a similar player to ROR, and in a best case scenario, Reinhart would become an excellent 2-way center, around 45-50 points. He's our 3rd best prospect and has a legitimate chance to play next season.

Old
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:

Quote:
I hate to be that guy but those aren't facts..

The fact is (but not reasonable) the Oilers could offer from $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 and the compensation would be a 2nd round pick.....OR...They could offer over $8,410,976 and the compensation would be 4 x 1st....

Be careful what you say are facts..

Old
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
I hate to be that guy but those aren't facts..

The fact is (but not reasonable) the Oilers could offer from $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 and the compensation would be a 2nd round pick.....OR...They could offer over $8,410,976 and the compensation would be 4 x 1st....

Be careful what you say are facts..
I think most of us assumed that the poster was referring to "facts" relevant to the topic at hand, right?

ROR has already turned down an a 2-year, $7 million offer, right, so it seems most unlikely that he would agree to an OS with an AAV of less than $3.3.

Of course you are right that they could offer $8+ AAV, but you know they won't. Everyone knows they won't. What's the point in bringing it up? It is a fact, I suppose, but a particularly relevant one. Regardless of whether you think ROR is a $3.5, $4.5, or $5+ million player, no one thinks he is an $8 million player--even ROR.

The poster's point still seems to stand: the Oilers are not capable of tendering what anyone would consider a reasonably plausible offer sheet because they lack their own 2013 3rd.

Closed Thread