HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 3)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
  #976
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Point taken. thanks for the added dialog in a reasonable conversation. Avs fans are getting as snide as Leafs fans.


Daddy wrote the letter not ROR.
It certainly helps that he was right and the Oiler fan was wrong...I'd rather snide and correct than the opposite personally.

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
  #977
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
We need Dmen not forwards
Aye. We're in a bit of a bind as we have three guys that are about average first pairing guys. And one prospect who isn't going anywhere in Trouba. After that its Hainsey (UFA), Stuart (best as bottom pairing), Redmond and Postma. Any of those guys for the bill?

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
  #978
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
We need Dmen not forwards
Despres+Maatta/Harrington interest the Avs?

mpp9 is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
  #979
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,839
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Aye. We're in a bit of a bind as we have three guys that are about average first pairing guys. And one prospect who isn't going anywhere in Trouba. After that its Hainsey (UFA), Stuart (best as bottom pairing), Redmond and Postma. Any of those guys for the bill?
Some Avs fans were talking about Little/Wheeler and Trouba/Bogosian for O'Reilly and a defenseman so I think you have your answer.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:05 PM
  #980
AslanRH
Part of the Plan
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
It certainly helps that he was right and the Oiler fan was wrong...I'd rather snide and correct than the opposite personally.

Or just be correct. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of offer sheet rules on here. If everyone on here was required to be an expert, it would not be an open forum.

That said, although Oils cannot offer sheet at the moment, does not mean that if they decide ROR is worth that much, they would not do what it takes to get their pick back.

AslanRH is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
  #981
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Some Avs fans were talking about Little/Wheeler and Trouba/Bogosian for O'Reilly and a defenseman so I think you have your answer.
"Looks like it's time to be hitting the old dusty trail..."

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:23 PM
  #982
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,246
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Some Avs fans were talking about Little/Wheeler and Trouba/Bogosian for O'Reilly and a defenseman so I think you have your answer.
Whoa.. Delusional, much?

PaperRockChamp is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:30 PM
  #983
IceyDice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Whoa.. Delusional, much?
Our best player from last season who was supposed to bleed burgundy and blue and possibly could have been our next captain is having a contract hold out that makes it seem like he hates the Avs now. That will damage the best of minds.

And we're not going to trade him unless we get the value we feel he is worth.

IceyDice is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
  #984
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Whoa.. Delusional, much?
Not that far off from what they'd be asking(keyword). Avs are looking for overpayment right now by a team that is panicking. They are in no rush to move ROR seeing as they are a long shot for the 8th seed come april. Most likely will make their move come draft day, imo. At least thats what I hope they do.

S3rkie is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
  #985
barnabyrules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
I can't wait for Avs fans to be sorely disappointed when he's traded for a 1st and a solid (not elite) prospect. Expecting a bigger return than Nash got... c'mon.

barnabyrules is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:41 PM
  #986
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyrules View Post
I can't wait for Avs fans to be sorely disappointed when he's traded for a 1st and a solid (not elite) prospect. Expecting a bigger return than Nash got... c'mon.
Awesome, thanks for your valuable input on the topic.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:45 PM
  #987
IceyDice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyrules View Post
I can't wait for Avs fans to be sorely disappointed when he's traded for a 1st and a solid (not elite) prospect. Expecting a bigger return than Nash got... c'mon.
So thats what will finally make you happy, good to know.

Personally I hope we sign him and he stays with the franchise for life.

IceyDice is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM
  #988
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyrules View Post
I can't wait for Avs fans to be sorely disappointed when he's traded for a 1st and a solid (not elite) prospect. Expecting a bigger return than Nash got... c'mon.
Sounds like you're crying to me.

S E P H is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:48 PM
  #989
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Point taken. thanks for the added dialog in a reasonable conversation. Avs fans are getting as snide as Leafs fans.
Snide? Pardon me for pointing out an uncomfortable truth.


An Oiler fan was in here talking about offer sheeting ROR. I merely pointed out at this time it is impossible for them to do that.


I'm sorry you don't like hearing facts.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
  #990
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,421
vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabyrules View Post
I can't wait for Avs fans to be sorely disappointed when he's traded for a 1st and a solid (not elite) prospect. Expecting a bigger return than Nash got... c'mon.
I think people are thinking more along the lines of Jordan Staal (more proven, but soon to be UFA and only one team to trade him to).

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
  #991
IceyDice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Snide? Pardon me for pointing out an uncomfortable truth.


An Oiler fan was in here talking about offer sheeting ROR. I merely pointed out at this time it is impossible for them to do that.


I'm sorry you don't like hearing facts.
Well it's not a fact unless it happens. Until then it's opinion. Your opinion which I will politely disagree with.

IceyDice is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:58 PM
  #992
GoldenJet89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 569
vCash: 362
top 6 forward. young #4-5 dman. and a 2nd... tops

anything more is over-paying. but as mentioned, an overpayment is likely what the avs are hoping for

in regards to the bogosian/trouba idea? lets not get crazy now. there would be picks/players going the jets way along with oreilly if thats what you wanna talk about

GoldenJet89 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:03 PM
  #993
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
Well it's not a fact unless it happens. Until then it's opinion. Your opinion which I will politely disagree with.
Except it...is...a fact...

No 3rd = unable to send offer sheet. That's not an IMO.

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:04 PM
  #994
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,605
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceyDice View Post
Well it's not a fact unless it happens. Until then it's opinion. Your opinion which I will politely disagree with.
No, it is a fact. What are you talking about???? The Oilers cannot offer sheet ROR right now since they don't have their 3rd round pick. That is a fact, not an opinion. If you disagree with it, you're already wrong.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
  #995
Flair Hay
Registered User
 
Flair Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
top 6 forward. young #4-5 dman. and a 2nd... tops

anything more is over-paying. but as mentioned, an overpayment is likely what the avs are hoping for

in regards to the bogosian/trouba idea? lets not get crazy now. there would be picks/players going the jets way along with oreilly if thats what you wanna talk about
I assumed it was implied myself. But at what point does it just become silly for a team with a (good) player holding out to be asking for someone better than him as a centrepiece of a trade? Oh well, nothing wrong with what he suggested. It wasn't a proposal jut trying to show how highly he was regarded. The guy isn't far off from being a Kesler/Backes/Callahan/Bergeron player.

If ROR was a Jet from day one I'd just give the guy his $4-4.5M a year and be done with it...

Flair Hay is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:09 PM
  #996
IceyDice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
No, it is a fact. What are you talking about???? The Oilers cannot offer sheet ROR right now since they don't have their 3rd round pick. That is a fact, not an opinion. If you disagree with it, you're already wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Except it...is...a fact...

No 3rd = unable to send offer sheet. That's not an IMO.

My bad, thought you were the guy saying O'Reilly's return would be disappointing. I should really watch who i'm quoting.....

But hey could easily trade a spare part for a third if they were really keen on doing it.

IceyDice is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:15 PM
  #997
AslanRH
Part of the Plan
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Empty threat.


Oilers don't have their 3rd round pick. They can threaten to offer sheet all they want. It's impossible for them to actually do it.
This does not say "at this time" impossible. I apologize for misinterpreting your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Or just be correct. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of offer sheet rules on here. If everyone on here was required to be an expert, it would not be an open forum.

That said, although Oils cannot offer sheet at the moment, does not mean that if they decide ROR is worth that much, they would not do what it takes to get their pick back.
My original reply to the Oil fan, while not pointing out the Oils did not have the pick (huge mistake on my part i see now), was just to continue discussing value etc. I tried to explain myself further with the one above.

AslanRH is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 06:30 PM
  #998
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,089
vCash: 50
How would the Avs feel about the Flames offering Gio and Reinhart?

Reinhart is a similar player to ROR, and in a best case scenario, Reinhart would become an excellent 2-way center, around 45-50 points. He's our 3rd best prospect and has a legitimate chance to play next season.

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
  #999
Oilfan2
Oil the way..
 
Oilfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Except it...is...a fact...

No 3rd = unable to send offer sheet. That's not an IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
No, it is a fact. What are you talking about???? The Oilers cannot offer sheet ROR right now since they don't have their 3rd round pick. That is a fact, not an opinion. If you disagree with it, you're already wrong.
I hate to be that guy but those aren't facts..

The fact is (but not reasonable) the Oilers could offer from $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 and the compensation would be a 2nd round pick.....OR...They could offer over $8,410,976 and the compensation would be 4 x 1st....

Be careful what you say are facts..

Oilfan2 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
  #1000
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
I hate to be that guy but those aren't facts..

The fact is (but not reasonable) the Oilers could offer from $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 and the compensation would be a 2nd round pick.....OR...They could offer over $8,410,976 and the compensation would be 4 x 1st....

Be careful what you say are facts..
I think most of us assumed that the poster was referring to "facts" relevant to the topic at hand, right?

ROR has already turned down an a 2-year, $7 million offer, right, so it seems most unlikely that he would agree to an OS with an AAV of less than $3.3.

Of course you are right that they could offer $8+ AAV, but you know they won't. Everyone knows they won't. What's the point in bringing it up? It is a fact, I suppose, but a particularly relevant one. Regardless of whether you think ROR is a $3.5, $4.5, or $5+ million player, no one thinks he is an $8 million player--even ROR.

The poster's point still seems to stand: the Oilers are not capable of tendering what anyone would consider a reasonably plausible offer sheet because they lack their own 2013 3rd.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.