HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Is this guy Dirty or what?

Old
07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
OT: Is this guy Dirty or what?

I didn't know him before the world cup but this Materazzi dude is worse then Tucker! In this clip he actually purposely steps on a players knee!! It made me feel sick when I saw that guys knee bend that way. If that doesn't help end a career, I don't know what does.. Zidane may have been wrong for that head butt, but this guy had it coming!

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/clip+2006/video/350208

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
NBHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I didn't know him before the world cup but this Materazzi dude is worse then Tucker! In this clip he actually purposely steps on a players knee!! It made me feel sick when I saw that guys knee bend that way. If that doesn't help end a career, I don't know what does.. Zidane may have been wrong for that head butt, but this guy had it coming!

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/clip+2006/video/350208
Like Zidane has been a saint throughout his playing career. Every point you have about Materazzi doing something, Zidane has done something just as bad.

This topic has been debated so much, but in the end Italia is still world champs!

NBHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Anthony P

Zidane is just as bad....he was once suspended 5 games for headbutting while playing for Juventus.... and purposely stomped on an Iranian players back a few world cups back (was suspended too)....

Zidane is just as dirty if not worse.....

Anthony P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Belso

Was Zidane that bad? Does anyone have clips of this? Maybe they both had it coming. BTW, I have no problem with Italy winning. Good for them. They worked hard for it. I just hate to see players have no heart.. If Zidane's been worse, i have no respect for him either...

Old
07-13-2006, 10:19 PM
StanAjax

Zidane more dirty than Materazzi.

The guy sometimes loses his temper, that's all, when Materazi is a very well known cheap-shot artist.

Once, he was on the bench and kept insulting an Italian player on the pitch, playing for the other squad. At the end of the game, the other player comes to have an "explanation" and Materazzi knocks him in the face. He was suspended several monthes. THAT never happened to Zidane...

Besides this, the World Cup is over now. Italia won, France lost in the final, Materazzi is a b**ch and Zidane can't keep his coolness 10 minutes before being retired. Case closed.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Zidane is my hero !!!

U don't **** with the mama !!!!!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAjax View Post
Zidane more dirty than Materazzi.

The guy sometimes loses his temper, that's all, when Materazi is a very well known cheap-shot artist.

Once, he was on the bench and kept insulting an Italian player on the pitch, playing for the other squad. At the end of the game, the other player comes to have an "explanation" and Materazzi knocks him in the face. He was suspended several monthes. THAT never happened to Zidane...

Besides this, the World Cup is over now. Italia won, France lost in the final, Materazzi is a b**ch and Zidane can't keep his coolness 10 minutes before being retired. Case closed.
You do realize you're applying double standards right? Zidane just clocked Meterazzi for an insult.... sure it wasn't a punch in the face.... but a headbutt to the chest is even more dangerous....

Materazzi is by no means a Saint... but Zidane is just as dirty....

Old
07-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Anthony P

Here read this....

http://worldcup.goal.com/en/Articolo...tenutoId=91061

Old
07-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I read.. No better indeed... their both dumb...

Old
07-14-2006, 12:12 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
And, how exactly does it not back-up my post ?

Has ever Zidane been suspended for monthes for stirring the pot intentionnally and kicking an opponent in the face that did nothing to him previously ?

Materazzis of this world are provoking the Zidanes of this world 'cos they are lesser players and can't compete otherwise.

You can say what you want, you can't compare them. Go ask any European. Even in Italy people will answer like me.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Guy Caballero

Materazzi = Claude Lemieux

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:38 AM
hockey_nut

i'm italian... and yes, materazzi's a friggin psycho some times... he's a ***** disturber and he's always been like that...

HOWEVER

player's yell, scream and talk horrible trash on the soccer field, always have, always will... Zidane knows that, but for him to do what he did, in the last game of his career? To end it on that note? I don't care what Materazzi said... Zidane's a moron.

I'm a fan of Zidane... he lost a bit of respect in my eyes, but he's a great footballer. Regardless, what he did was not called for. End of story.

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Nyclaus

Well there's a first for everything!!!!

Yes, it's the 1st time I see soccer player kick someone intentionally in the nuts!!!

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:44 AM
hockey_nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyclaus View Post
Well there's a first for everything!!!!

Yes, it's the 1st time I see soccer player kick someone intentionally in the nuts!!!
hehe... you gotta watch the sport more often!

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 12:54 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut View Post
hehe... you gotta watch the sport more often!
I should have mentionned in any sports but, Yeah! I do need to watch more "sucker". Playas kicking each other's knees, faces, nuts, whinning for nothing on the field cause the wind blew to hard for a sec but, getting no attention when his face has been torn off of skull...Ya man! Very manly!

Kiddings aside: more refs on the field would be better for the game.

Old
07-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
...getting no attention when his face has been torn off of skull...
Player: My head, OMFG, my face! I can't feel any skin left on it...OMFG...
Ref: Could you stop your whinning for a sec: I can't hear myself giving a yellow card to this fine gentleman with all the noise you make.
Player in fault: Shouldn't we call the medics?
Ref: What? Now you're interrupting me? Well, here's a red card for you. - still holding his yellow card

Old
07-14-2006, 01:37 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

It's kind of strange. The video shows Materazzi performing all sorts of illegal tackles and dangerous plays, yet he is being vilified for "trash-talk".
Here's a scenario- it's 110 minutes into the most important game you've played in 6 years. It's also the last game of your career. A well known overly aggressive player grabs your boob and says your mom and sister are ******. There's 10 minutes left before penalty kicks which is your specialty. What do you do? If the ball goes anywhere near him, you know the ref won't kick you out if you tackle him hard this late in the game. You could ignore it and make sure you make your penalty. Or you could head butt him in the chest and get booted out and be forced to live in shame everywhere except for France. Tough choice.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 01:51 AM
-_-

Materazzi vs. Zidane

You can't compare both players... Materazzi is the dirtiest, no doubt about it... but that doesn't justify Zidane's reaction. He shouldn't have done what he did because of the circumstances.... but at the same time, for some honor is the most important thing in life. IMO he shouldn't have act the way he did (headbutt), but that's only an opinion.

Facts are :
Materazzi is a dirty player
Zidane has showed he can loose his temper pretty fast
Materazzi is a provocator (spl ?)
Zidane doesn'T provocate, he's the type of guy who reacts to provocation

There's a difference, a huge one... who's more to blame ? Without Materazzis there would be no Zidanes, but without Zidanes there would only be Materazzis who would probably end up being punish by the league for their dirty plays... and outside of Materazzis vs. Materazzis there would be no conflict at all...

Opinions and Facts differ, like Materazzi and Zidane !

-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 02:05 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
lol you guys are so funny

it's not cool to provote, ok im down with that
but its cool to retaliate?

they both did stupid ****, zidane just came out on the bottom

you cant defend either of them, they both deserve to be punished

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Clearly soccer needs an instigator rule.

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Belso

Quote:
Player: My head, OMFG, my face! I can't feel any skin left on it...OMFG...
Ref: Could you stop your whinning for a sec: I can't hear myself giving a yellow card to this fine gentleman with all the noise you make.
Player in fault: Shouldn't we call the medics?
Ref: What? Now you're interrupting me? Well, here's a red card for you. - still holding his yellow card
that's pretty funny

Old
07-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Hockeymom67

Its' just too bad that in the last game of his career he had to do something discusting like this.He will no longer be remembered for his great leadership in the World Cup 2006 but as an *** with an uncontrollable temper

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:15 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Its' just too bad that in the last game of his career he had to do something discusting like this.He will no longer be remembered for his great leadership in the World Cup 2006 but as an *** with an uncontrollable temper
Actually, he'll be remembered as a superstar, top 5 in the history of the sport. His stupid anctics in the final is nothing. It will be forgotten by future generations, and by myself actually.

Sales of Zidane jerseys have gone thru the roof since the WC, by the way. On e-bay, they're the biggest and highest sellers, even more so than the Italian ones.

Who won the PR battle you think?

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Mike8

Zidane's the man. It's mind boggling to me that a group of hockey fans wouldn't appreciate him, especially that head-butt to a known dirty player.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2006, 08:26 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Zidane's the man. It's mind boggling to me that a group of hockey fans wouldn't appreciate him, especially that head-butt to a known dirty player.
I agree. It's more the timing that was off. If not for a championship game, it would have been as satisfying as the Kovalev hit on Tucker.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote