HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Couturier

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
If we're supposed to haul out our players because they won't be a lock for 80 points we won't have many players.

02-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolnowayhaha View Post
Schenn is a solid second line center already with much more offensive talent than couturier he fits our future plans a lot more.
How is Schenn already a solid second line centre? What has he proven that Couts hasn't? Outside having slightly more points then Couts, while playing with more icetime in an offensive role. Frankly, I'd rather keep Couts than Schenn.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:56 PM
BringBackStevens

Again, young team and young players, ups and downs.

This board is horrible at tempering their expectations. These guys were never going to light it up this season. They are YOUNG, on a YOUNG team with flaws

Old
02-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Quote:
You're taking my thread the wrong way... If you watch him you know he isn't the special player some people make him out to be his hockey IQ just isn't what ppl think it is... I'm saying for our franchise moving forward moving him could do us more good than keeping him before his value plummets... Just saying..
You keep saying he's not a "special" player, how do you know that from what you've seen of him?

Do I really have to list his qualifications for being a "special player"? I will list a few anyway:

-He made our team at 18 years old and was named our best defensive forward after his first game and this has not changed since.
-First 16 year old to lead the QMJHL in scoring since Sidney Crosby
-QMJHL MVP his draft year
-QMJHL Best Prospect Award
-highest PPG avg of all other draft picks in his year
-PPG in the AHL this season, only his second professional season

I mean, theres more, but I just don't get how you don't see how he is special. I'm just glad you aren't in charge of scouting our players or making team decisions cause I think you just don't know what to look for when you watch hockey.

And as others have said, why would you trade him for such a similar player in O'Reilly who will undoubtedly cost more?

Old
02-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Jtown

Couturier has looked very good these past two games. I think once he is able to put on some muscle and continue to work on his game he will be able to start producing.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:01 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Meh, debatable.
How am I being irrational? Explain? I've never said Coots sucks or anything I just feel it could be Better for our club going forward to move him and maybe Holmgren could explore it?

Old
02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
How am I being irrational? Explain? I've never said Coots sucks or anything I just feel it could be Better for our club going forward to move him and maybe Holmgren could explore it?
You're tossing around the idea of trading him for Ryan O'Reillly...

Old
02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
You keep saying he's not a "special" player, how do you know that from what you've seen of him?

Do I really have to list his qualifications for being a "special player"? I will list a few anyway:

-He made our team at 18 years old and was named our best defensive forward after his first game and this has not changed since.
-First 16 year old to lead the QMJHL in scoring since Sidney Crosby
-QMJHL MVP his draft year
-QMJHL Best Prospect Award
-highest PPG avg of all other draft picks in his year
-PPG in the AHL this season, only his second professional season

I mean, theres more, but I just don't get how you don't see how he is special. I'm just glad you aren't in charge of scouting our players or making team decisions cause I think you just don't know what to look for when you watch hockey.

And as others have said, why would you trade him for such a similar player in O'Reilly who will undoubtedly cost more?

This is the NHL not the QMJHL ... Some guys adjust to the league better than others... You can tell watch him play... He doesn't have a high talent level.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Psuhockey

Maybe they can trade him for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Or wait, he must stink since he only has 7 pts on the year like Couturier...and 1 less goal.

Old
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
You're tossing around the idea of trading him for Ryan O'Reillly...
O'Reilly is a better player now and he's already had a 50 point season and he's still just 21 with just as good if not better D then coots

Old
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
This is the NHL not the QMJHL ... Some guys adjust to the league better than others... You can tell watch him play... He doesn't have a high talent level.
Now you are being ridiculous the guy is 20. By all accounts he probably shouldnt have even been in the NHL last year.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Now you are being ridiculous the guy is 20. By all accounts he probably shouldnt have even been in the NHL last year.
Please tell me what you've seen that tells you that Coots has a high skill level.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Maybe they can trade him for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Or wait, he must stink since he only has 7 pts on the year like Couturier...and 1 less goal.
Never said Coots stinks I said we should explore moving him while his stock is high. Plus RNH is a much much better player than he will ever be.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Please tell me what you've seen that tells you that Coots has a high skill level.
Everytime someone does that, like pointing out Malkin's lack of points, his achievements in the juniors, you just dismiss it with some jibberish. I'm fairly sure you're just trying to provoke an argument and dismiss all positive traits of Couturier. Most likely a Colorado fan who loves Couturier and wants him on your team, so you're trying to make us all agree to do some armchair GM trade for O'Rielly so you can have him.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:13 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Having to see Couturier consistently play with linemates like Talbot and Knuble is disgusting

Edit: I know we have some injured players right now, but he always plays with lesser linemates

Old
02-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Having to see Couturier consistently play with linemates like Talbot and Knuble is disgusting

Edit: I know we have some injured players right now, but he always plays with lesser linemates
^^^^^^^^

Old
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

He's young and inconsistent offensively. what's troublesome is that he seems to freeze up or makes the wrong play (passing to a covered man, trying to pass through people) when he's in a prime scoring position. hopefully they can coach that out of him.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:18 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Everytime someone does that, like pointing out Malkin's lack of points, his achievements in the juniors, you just dismiss it with some jibberish. I'm fairly sure you're just trying to provoke an argument and dismiss all positive traits of Couturier. Most likely a Colorado fan who loves Couturier and wants him on your team, so you're trying to make us all agree to do some armchair GM trade for O'Rielly so you can have him.
I'm a realist the guy played Malkin well in the playoffs but please don't act like was 100% coots who shut him down haha...good player but vastly overrated by our fanbase and no I'm a flyers fan

Old
02-21-2013, 09:19 PM
VoraceksWristShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
He's young and inconsistent offensively. what's troublesome is that he seems to freeze up or makes the wrong play (passing to a covered man, trying to pass through people) when he's in a prime scoring position. hopefully they can coach that out of him.
Completely agree, he has little to no finishing ability at the NHL level and that's something that's instinct that elite young prospects already have.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
He needs to just shoot the puck because Talbot is terrible offensively and knuble is about 4 years after his last good hockey. I can't believe they kept him in the lineup over McGinn the last two games. He may be great in the locker room but he hasn't done anything but take penalties at terrible times

Old
Psuhockey

Quote:
Never said Coots stinks I said we should explore moving him while his stock is high. Plus RNH is a much much better player than he will ever be.
I guess they flyers should of traded Richards in his 2nd year while his stock was high too. I wonder if they would have gotten the same return.

What's your proof that RNH is a much better player? Because he scored more as a rookie? Because he was drafted higher? Jordan Staal was drafted much higher than Giroux and scored more his rookie year? Is he much much better than Giroux?

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Keeping a .98 GAON/60 for half a season with crap linemates while facing the toughest competition as a 19 year old rookie indicates he might have some skill tucked away somewhere.

Old
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16 99

vCash: 400
Couturier looks like our best player tonight...

Old
02-21-2013, 09:21 PM
buff

Sean Couturier is a Guy Carboneau, futur Selke trophy winner. To win the Stanley cup, you need this kind of player too.

Please lock this stupid topic someone....

Old
02-21-2013, 09:22 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Completely agree, he has little to no finishing ability at the NHL level and that's something that's instinct that elite young prospects already have.
He is also the only player on his line that the other team has to legitimately worry about doing anything good offensively

Closed Thread