HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Simon Gagne

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 03:02 PM
  #26
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
You can have Butler for free.
I don't think he is better than Muzzin, or at marginal at best

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:47 PM
  #27
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,313
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I'd trade Penner long before Gagne. That said, I would be looking for defensive depth or picks.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
  #28
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'd trade Penner long before Gagne. That said, I would be looking for defensive depth or picks.
I agree, but I would think/hope we could get more for Gagne and as a fan of his I don't like him in press box.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:11 PM
  #29
Anderson55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That is an awfully high price to pay for a guy that hasn't been durable for five years (has averaged 52 games per year during that span); is aging and is a pending free agent. You don't trade a top pairing D guy in Pittsburgh for that.
Ya maybe, i guess if it can be tweaked from LA end to make up the value.
Honestly i have never been a fan of nisky in the top 4, hes played well this year but i do think hes expendable. I really dont think Depres playing with Letang takes that much away from the team. IMO Depres has been better when given a bigger role.

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:13 PM
  #30
Anderson55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Swap that 3rd out for Muzzin and I'd say deal.
ya im good with that, 2 for 1 Shero style as well. Yup i feel good about this draw it up

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:15 PM
  #31
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
What does LA need?
I think the kings need a vetern defenseman on a expiring contract. The other king need which no one else seem to see is a 3rd line rw with size, grit and score a goal now and then

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
  #32
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
ya im good with that, 2 for 1 Shero style as well. Yup i feel good about this draw it up
If only

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:21 PM
  #33
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I don't think Gagne at this stage of his career has much value. As to what LA needs, a healthy body on defense who can play a regular rotation is what they need most right now. Preferably a defenseman who is solid in his own end and can connect with a tape-to-tape pass to his D-partner or to a breaking forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
experienced D
Something centered around Tallinder?!?

Hell, I'd do Gagne for Tallinder straight up. Some Devils fans don't like that Gagne is an expiring UFA and are against that though.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:21 PM
  #34
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Swap that 3rd out for Muzzin and I'd say deal.
I'd do that, Muzzin coming back to the team that drafted him and adding Gagne who maybe could find chemistry with either Sid or Geno wouldn't be a bad move.

It would suck to lose Niskanen though, he's been our 3rd best blueliner this year and while that doesn't sound all that great to some, consider that Orpik and Martin have been absolute beasts this year, Niskanen is only behind those two in that regard (at least until Letang pulls his glorious head of hair out his rear).

This has "Shero type trade" written all over it. Trade a d-man for a forward and a d-man.

Niskanen is just a 2.3m cap hit as well. One of the Pens forwards would need to go in a separate trade or they just waive Boychuk again (I can see why he was waived, kid never shoots the puck).

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
  #35
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I'd do that, Muzzin coming back to the team that drafted him and adding Gagne who maybe could find chemistry with either Sid or Geno wouldn't be a bad move.

It would suck to lose Niskanen though, he's been our 3rd best blueliner this year and while that doesn't sound all that great to some, consider that Orpik and Martin have been absolute beasts this year, Niskanen is only behind those two in that regard (at least until Letang pulls his glorious head of hair out his rear).

This has "Shero type trade" written all over it. Trade a d-man for a forward and a d-man.

Niskanen is just a 2.3m cap hit as well. One of the Pens forwards would need to go in a separate trade or they just waive Boychuk again (I can see why he was waived, kid never shoots the puck).
All of this Niskanen talk has me salavating like LA and Pit will actually do this.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:28 PM
  #36
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That is an awfully high price to pay for a guy that hasn't been durable for five years (has averaged 52 games per year during that span); is aging and is a pending free agent. You don't trade a top pairing D guy in Pittsburgh for that.
True, it's more of a risk move for the Pens than it is for LA. He doesn't fit there and maybe Muzzin + Gagne isn't enough, something else would need to be thrown in. The games I have seen Gagne in this year, his skating is fine, it just seems like he doesn't fit Sutter's style. He has had 3 concussions in his career, I think, or has it been more? I would love the Pens to get Umberger or even Iginla...maybe even Setoguchi. But those trades would cost the Pens more.

What are the Pens other options? Keep at it with Cooke in the top 6 because Bylsma is an idiot?

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
  #37
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
A trade around Tallinder and Gagner makes so much sense... I'd do it.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
  #38
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
True, it's more of a risk move for the Pens than it is for LA. He doesn't fit there and maybe Muzzin + Gagne isn't enough, something else would need to be thrown in. The games I have seen Gagne in this year, his skating is fine, it just seems like he doesn't fit Sutter's style. He has had 3 concussions in his career, I think, or has it been more? I would love the Pens to get Umberger or even Iginla...maybe even Setoguchi. But those trades would cost the Pens more.

What are the Pens other options? Keep at it with Cooke in the top 6 because Bylsma is an idiot?
If you are trading a top pairing D man in Pittsburgh, you better be getting something other than an older fragile rental. It would be poor asset management.

I will disagree on the other names you are floating around as well. Only Iginla would cost more than Niskanen. The other two - a pick(s) - not a first rounder either.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:40 PM
  #39
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Don't get too salavating over Niskanen coming to LA for Gagner. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for Pittsburgh. It would be poor asset management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
A trade around Tallinder and Gagner makes so much sense... I'd do it.
Simon Gagne:



Sam Gagner:


Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
  #40
AslanRH
Part of the Plan
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 50
Avs have lots of vet D. need 1 or 2 just ask, will probably have to move 1 when Wilson and or EJ return anyway. O'Byrne (Pending UFA), O'Brien, Hunwick, Zanon.


Last edited by AslanRH: 02-21-2013 at 05:22 PM.
AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
  #41
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,023
vCash: 500
Alberts+

I would like Richardson too if you would be willing to move him. (I bring this up cause someone said they would trade he and Gagne for 2nd + 5th)

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
  #42
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Alberts+

I would like Richardson too if you would be willing to move him. (I bring this up cause someone said they would trade he and Gagne for 2nd + 5th)
We said we needed defensemen...not a Rany Jones wannabe...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  #43
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Alberts+

I would like Richardson too if you would be willing to move him. (I bring this up cause someone said they would trade he and Gagne for 2nd + 5th)
I doubt the Kings would be trading with the Canucks and making them stronger.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:47 PM
  #44
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon
 
Jack Donaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,785
vCash: 500
Why does he "just not fit in"? Why is he "just not being used"?

Just curious.

I would love him on the Bruins. Not sure what it would take. McQuaid?

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:52 PM
  #45
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Why does he "just not fit in"? Why is he "just not being used"?

Just curious.

I would love him on the Bruins. Not sure what it would take. McQuaid?
Certain coaches have "their type" of player. It's infuriating for some fans to see it when it's their coach.

For us, for example, it's the grinder types mostly because our coach was one himself and so he has a huge crush on those types of guys. For the Kings, who knows...Sutter just doesn't seem to want to use him or the "system" isn't best for guys like Gagne.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:56 PM
  #46
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Certain coaches have "their type" of player. It's infuriating for some fans to see it when it's their coach.

For us, for example, it's the grinder types mostly because our coach was one himself and so he has a huge crush on those types of guys. For the Kings, who knows...Sutter just doesn't seem to want to use him or the "system" isn't best for guys like Gagne.
Or maybe because Gagne just doesn't have it anymore? His injuries have finally taken control. Carter is doing fine scoring goals. So, lets not blame the coach.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:59 PM
  #47
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Or maybe because Gagne just doesn't have it anymore? His injuries have finally taken control. Carter is doing fine scoring goals. So, lets not blame the coach.
I was giving the guy a reason as to why some coaches have their player, I don't care if the Kings coach doesn't like certain players, has no bearing on me as a Pens fan.

Gagne should have taken a year off, didn't and he's paying for it now by killing his own value and possibly killing his drive for the game when he's probably frustrated for being this useless in the line-up.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
  #48
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I was giving the guy a reason as to why some coaches have their player, I don't care if the Kings coach doesn't like certain players, has no bearing on me as a Pens fan.

Gagne should have taken a year off, didn't and he's paying for it now by killing his own value and possibly killing his drive for the game when he's probably frustrated for being this useless in the line-up.
My apologies. I thought you said you were a Kings fan. That's why I said what I said.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:04 PM
  #49
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 1050
Flyers offer one of Lilja or Foster and a pick probably mid round like a 4th

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:18 PM
  #50
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I doubt the Kings would be trading with the Canucks and making them stronger.
Yeah I agree

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.