HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 4-3... ugly

Old
02-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
A very MEH defeat. I don't feel completely upset. I kinda expected it before the game, I thought this would be a hard hard win though. I didn't expect it to be easy.

Then the first period happened. There I thought.. WOW. this will be easy as hell. Man was I wrong.

There was still alot of good things about this. The Cole/Desharnais/Pacioretty line is back... with that.. I'm just hoping that Bourque/Plekanec/Gionta line gets its feet back and we have three effective lines.

It was clear Gionta was awful. Markov hasnt been the same for a while. Those two were a huge disappointment today. In general, Gionta just seems to lack any vision, in offense. Love his heart, but heart can only take you so far.

This should have been an easy win. But Islanders/Habs are never easy matches for us. They are our kryptonite. It's sick.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Why is gionta on for 4 on 3 powerplay ?!??????? Thats probably the easiest play to set up pk for one timer and they put gionta next to markov.

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

How is Kaberle not playing when we have a guy like Diaz out there? Unreal.

Start calling him Iaz because there is no "D" in him.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
More like a RC coached Habs game.
I totally forgot all about RC..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

You know what else really pissed me off? Habs had a PP with less than 3 minutes to play. It's cool that they didn't score, but how about a ****ing shot?

It's unbelievable how **** the PP has become....the PK ain't no hell either.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnt View Post
What blows me away is not how bad Gionta is but how MT doesn't see it. You don't reward players who can't shoot or pass with even more PP and OT shifts. It just defies logic.
He put him at the freaking point. Gio is not really a passer and can't shoot..so why on earth do you put him on the point?

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
MT has this loss on his hands, for sure. Poor 2nd and 3rd periods, crappy use of his roster, no thought to improve the special teams.

Please trade Gionta, I'm sick of him. I'm sorry but he's useless. He is not the player he once was and he does not fit into the new identity of this team. He's almost become the new Gomez, expect instead of the other team knowing he's gonna pass cuz he can't shoot, they know Gionta is gonna shoot a weak one cuz he can't do anything else.

I've respected Gionta his entire time here but now is the time for him to depart.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
deandebean

This team looked gassed. Toons of games over the last 10 days.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
m00ks

Eagerly waiting when Gio's 5 mill is off the books.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Islanders1932

Hey guys just wanted to say that the Islanders had no business winning this game. You guys dominated us in 5 on 5 play. If that first period is any indication of what your team is capable then I think you guys will surprise a lot of teams in the future. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
How is Kaberle not playing when we have a guy like Diaz out there? Unreal.

Start calling him Iaz because there is no "D" in him.
This is a joke, right?

3 games in 4 days... it's obvious they were tired. Terrible 2nd and 3rd. I think it's time to give subban more ice time.

Dirty Danglez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Hey guys just wanted to say that the Islanders had no business winning this game. You guys dominated us in 5 on 5 play. If that first period is any indication of what your team is capable then I think you guys will surprise a lot of teams in the future. Best of luck the rest of the way.
Same to you. On the contrary though, you guys never quit and we did. Awesome play in OT. You deserve the win.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
This team looked gassed. Toons of games over the last 10 days.
I'm gonna go with this, they did look gassed and after they got up 3-1, they let up big time.

It happens.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Dharvey33

Diaz is a 5th dman that should play on the 2nd pp and 18 minutes per game.

Subban is a 1st pairing dman that shoukd play on the 1st pp and 24 minutes per game.

Thank you Daigneautl hated you as a player and now i hate you as a assistant coach. Stupid idiot.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
At least we gave Thomas Hickey something he'll cherish forever.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Islanders had a strong 2nd and a half and a good 3rd period. I think the game was down the middle. But Islanders worked hard and deserved the win. They capitalized on alot of dumb mistakes from our team.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I'll repeat what I said in the GDT, if Price is to be considered a top 5 goalie in the league (he certainly is paid like one), these are the type of games he has to win for us. I don't think he was that busy tonight.
No chance on any of the goals

Goal 1 - Tip in from 3 feet
Goal 2. Moulson left alone in the LOW slot - No Chance
Goal 3 Trailer was left alone and walked in and took a perfect shot
Goal 4 Diax needs to tie that man up at the side of the net...NO CHANCE for Price

This was not on Price at all......The only goal he MAY have had a shot on was goal 3 but it was a perfect shot!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
I don't know where this icing obsession came from in the last two games, but someone should tell the Habs it's not a viable defensive strategy.

Markov and Diaz crashed back to earth in a bad way. Markov showing no creativity on the PP and Diaz just not doing anything well. Everybody but Therrien can see that Subban deserves minutes over those two.

I'm getting the same vibe from Gionta as I did with Gomez - "fine player at $3m, not worth anywhere close to his cap hit". He's playing like absolute garbage. I'm not even sure he knows how to pass the puck anymore.

Bouillon on the PP - how long are we going to let this continue? 0 powerplay points despite enormous PP time per game.

Wayyyy too many times we left the slot wide open. Tavares' breakaway in the first, and all the Isles goals except for the 1st...come on.

Nice to see Cole-DD-Patches start to click like last year. Right in time for the Pleks line to go cold, I guess.

Anyway I had a feeling this one wouldn't be easy, and it wasn't. Sucks to say "at least we got a point" against one of the worst teams in the league but the way we played for the most part, we didn't even deserve one.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SB164

Quote:
Do you guys need a $5 million captain who "leads by example" by any chance?

Hello?

HELLO?!

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Say what you want about the Islanders, but nobody uses the waiver wire better.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
This should have been an easy win. But Islanders/Habs are never easy matches for us. They are our kryptonite. It's sick.
This was a vintage game against them in MTL. It always seems like it features the Habs getting a lead, looking like they will win easy for a chunk of the game, then the momentum switches, the lead is blown and...most of the time we then we lose in OT or SO.

And I concur, the team looks gassed with this busy schedule. It seemed like we maxed out in the first period and had little energy after that.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
True. I mean, he is up there with one of the worst top 5 picks ever (not that it was his fault, terrible pick then, still is now...)....let's at least be happy that he's happy tonight.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Diaz is a 5th dman that should play on the 2nd pp and 18 minutes per game.

Subban is a 1st pairing dman that shoukd play on the 1st pp and 24 minutes per game.

Thank you Daigneautl hated you as a player and now i hate you as a assistant coach. Stupid idiot.
yeah cause we have been doing so horrible with this set up......

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnt View Post
What blows me away is not how bad Gionta is but how MT doesn't see it. You don't reward players who can't shoot or pass with even more PP and OT shifts. It just defies logic.
Im pretty sure that if you see it and most of us see it, there is a good chance MT saw it too dont you think? Its his captain, Im pretty sure the adjustments will come quick if Gio doesnt pick his game up soon..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:32 PM
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE

Quote:
You guys have many quick player. JT is fantastic. Personally, if I had to choose between him Hall and RNH, I think I'd go with JT pretty much every day and twice on Sundays.

And honestly, after the 1st period, I kind of expected us to stink the remainder of the game. We started admiring ourselves a tad too much, players stopped playing tough, we stopped hitting, and we stopped playing in units of 5. The 3rd man, usually crucial and very quick to come back in the D zone in this system, was very slow to come and help his d-men.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote