HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Rob Ray

Old
02-21-2013, 10:36 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadthestampede View Post
Clearly this team is only capable of fixing one thing at a time, if that.
I think that's a garbage assertion.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicxSabresFan View Post
He reminds me of Chris Brown from the Bills
C'mon man, you gotta pity Chris Brown. Poor fella.

Daz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

"As you can see..."

You're on the radio!

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I think that's a garbage assertion.
Here's the problem though. WHO is doing the fixing right now? If it's Regier, then the same guy who made the problem is fixing it. That's not good. Hopefully Ted and Terry have taken his mojo.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armond White View Post
"As you can see..."

You're on the radio!
That's just part of a larger problem, though.
They need to separate the broadcasts so that they can provide a modern TV broadcast with more insight.

I expect (hope) once RJ retires, they'll make that change.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Royisgone

In all seriousness, I was pleasantly surprised by Ray when he was down between the benches. I thought he filled that role perfectly well.

He is horrible as the full blown color man though, and I'd be shocked if he has that job again next year.

This type of nonsense stuff is the 1 thing the new Sabres actually do well. You know, everything that has nothing to do with winning hockey games.

Ray will likely be removed from that position as it's obvious he can't do it, and I hope he returns to ice-level as the third wheel.

A pro color man needs to be brought in from outside the organization.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicxSabresFan View Post
He reminds me of Chris Brown from the Bills
I don't understand why. Chris Brown is a pro and he's great at what he does. He's more like Duff than Ray as he's not an analyst, he's an embedded reporter and media guy. He's fairly impartial in his coverage, though he obviously isn't negative either. Rob Ray is a color commentator and goes out of his way to praise the Sabres every single period. And he's terrible from a technical aspect: his use of language is substandard and his enunciation is absolutely awful.

I actually liked him between the benches as he was something of a bonus to the broadcast, but the role they have him in now is just terrible. He can't do it and he needs to be replaced because the Sabres broadcast is now as bad as it's been in my lifetime between Ray and the fact RJ isn't what he used to be.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

i'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that two minutes with harry neale is a friggin joke.

Dixon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I don't understand why. Chris Brown is a pro and he's great at what he does. He's more like Duff than Ray as he's not an analyst, he's an embedded reporter and media guy. He's fairly impartial in his coverage, though he obviously isn't negative either. Rob Ray is a color commentator and goes out of his way to praise the Sabres every single period. And he's terrible from a technical aspect: his use of language is substandard and his enunciation is absolutely awful.
I see no similarity between Brown and Ray either, and Brown even takes fan questions. Imagine how GOD AWFUL Rayzors replies to fan questions would be. OMG

Old
02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
TheDream

Wow I feel really bad for you guys, I honestly thought ur team was making the playoffs but now its like

Seriously thought theres tons of bright spots (Hodgson, Grigs, Vanek leading, Miller), I really dont get why Buffalo isnt doing that well. Anyways the Leafs have gone through worse than this lol

TheDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
i'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that two minutes with harry neale is a friggin joke.
It ranks up there with the Sabres' powerplay for inanity and futility

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
You do realize the joke that is sitting right there, and I just don't want to say it.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Royisgone

Quote:

I actually liked him between the benches as he was something of a bonus to the broadcast, but the role they have him in now is just terrible. He can't do it and he needs to be replaced because the Sabres broadcast is now as bad as it's been in my lifetime between Ray and the fact RJ isn't what he used to be.
What do you mean? I seen Rob many times and out of all them analysts on TV, he's the best.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
You do realize the joke that is sitting right there, and I just don't want to say it.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post
Wow I feel really bad for you guys, I honestly thought ur team was making the playoffs but now its like

Seriously thought theres tons of bright spots (Hodgson, Grigs, Vanek leading, Miller), I really dont get why Buffalo isnt doing that well. Anyways the Leafs have gone through worse than this lol
The season's certainly been a disaster but I'm sure this thread would have existed even if we were running away with the Conference lead. He's just so bad

The team needs to bring in a 'mercenary' as I called it in our chat room during the game. Pony up some change and get a real pro from outside the organization, make him color commentator. Hopefully Marty Biron is on our broadcast team once he retires.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

I love his interviews.

"Tyler, you were drafted pretty high and you're a defenseman. It looked like you were playing defense out there tonight." *sticks mic in his face*

"Thomas, sometimes the puck rolls out on the ice and it becomes harder to shoot accurately. Rolling pucks create a lot of havoc." *sticks mic in his face*

"Robyn, the game gets harder as you get older." *sticks mic in his face*

I don't think he's ever actually asked someone a question.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post
I really dont get why Buffalo isnt doing that well.
Lindy Ruff.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I love his interviews.

i've picked up on this habit. it's pretty funny.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadthestampede View Post
Rob Ray is the least of this team's problems. There's a million things they should fix before him. I personally couldn't care less about what he does or doesn't know.
I agree. We should fire Doug Allen and Sabretooth first.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

Agreed. Sure Brown will put a Bills spin on his things, but he does write "so and so struggled" when it is warranted...Ray will never say that.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I love his interviews.

"Tyler, you were drafted pretty high and you're a defenseman. It looked like you were playing defense out there tonight." *sticks mic in his face*

"Thomas, sometimes the puck rolls out on the ice and it becomes harder to shoot accurately. Rolling pucks create a lot of havoc." *sticks mic in his face*

"Robyn, the game gets harder as you get older." *sticks mic in his face*

Lol, seriously? That's hilarious.

Maybe we should keep him around as comic relief.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Lol, seriously? That's hilarious.

Maybe we should keep him around as comic relief.
Quotes may or may not be legit and may be for comedic purposes.

That's pretty much the kind of stuff he does, though.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:15 PM
chadthestampede
The Humanoid Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
I agree. We should fire Doug Allen and Sabretooth first.
Agreed. Sabretooth is always cheering the team with that stupid drum and bombarding the crowd with t-shirts.

And Doug Allen always just sings the anthem. He should slip a 'fire regier' somewhere in 'Oh Canada'

chadthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:18 PM
DynamicxSabresFan

Quote:

Job descriptions aside I was referring to towing the company line. I suppose not the best comparison.

The bottom line is Rob sounds like hes leaning the way the people that sign his check want him to. He doesn't even sound natural anymore.

I can tune him out luckily. The bigger problem is what the players are doing on the ice.

DynamicxSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
He's awful and I can't stand listening to his voice the amount of time I now have to hear it. This is way above his head and he has no business being a full blown color commentator.
That's what I'm having trouble understanding. This is one of those expenses where there's no limit on an owner. Who is more visible to the fan/viewer than the PxP guy and the color guy? WHY are they going cheap on the color guy? It WREAKS of bush league.

Ray used to be so much more critical of stupid play. Now everything is a good effort.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote