HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
The issue with Richards right now is 100% mental. What is he doing? stupid plays. blind passes, terrible high risk plays that are getting picked off and going against the other way. It's all decision making stupidity. He's not super slow and can't do anything out there, he's skating at his usual pace. His shot hasn't completely disappeared, he just has zero confidence in it right now.

it's between his ears, he's a professional, he'll figure it out, or he'll get eaten up by NY...i choose to be optimistic here.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:42 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

Terrible...just terrible.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Riverdale

buy out

Old
02-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

"Black hole Brad"

his stick is where offense disappears.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Joey Bones

I like the guy, don't get me wrong, but DUUUDDEEE!!! You are killing me every single ****ing game!!!! Get it together or tell your story walking.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:47 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
The issue with Richards right now is 100% mental. What is he doing? stupid plays. blind passes, terrible high risk plays that are getting picked off and going against the other way. It's all decision making stupidity. He's not super slow and can't do anything out there, he's skating at his usual pace. His shot hasn't completely disappeared, he just has zero confidence in it right now.

it's between his ears, he's a professional, he'll figure it out, or he'll get eaten up by NY...i choose to be optimistic here.
You're in complete denial. Or just ignorant to what is actually going on. All due respect, but it is not mental. It's physical

Old
02-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

Is he getting worse? At least 6 giveaways (the 2 on NHL.com is laughable), missed the net on a wristshot in the shootout, seemed to lose just about every faceoff, and his defense is as lazy as ever. He's borderline useless.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Greg NYR

Torts' loyalty to this guy is starting to hurt the team, guy needs to sit out and watch like countless of other players have done under torts. He seems to make predictable lazy plays and float around all night with no consequence, big deal the guy misses a few shifts in the third period a few times. Hes always right back out there in the end of games, overtime and in the shootout (god help us). any other guy bringing an effort like this every night would have a sleeping bag in the press box.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner View Post
Is he getting worse? At least 6 giveaways (the 2 on NHL.com is laughable), missed the net on a wristshot in the shootout, seemed to lose just about every faceoff, and his defense is as lazy as ever. He's borderline useless.
I saw 2 on one shift alone.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
You're in complete denial. Or just ignorant to what is actually going on. All due respect, but it is not mental. It's physical

Richards was never a great physical player. All im seeing are "hes slow" etc, when the **** wasnt he? Hes always relied on his IQ to get creative and make plays.

Its mental.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg NYR View Post
Torts' loyalty to this guy is starting to hurt the team, guy needs to sit out and watch like countless of other players have done under torts. He seems to make predictable lazy plays and float around all night with no consequence, big deal the guy misses a few shifts in the third period a few times. Hes always right back out there in the end of games, overtime and in the shootout (god help us). any other guy bringing an effort like this every night would have a sleeping bag in the press box.
This. I thought that Kreider was playing very well out there, (certainly a lot better than Beaver.) and yet Richards still came away with close to 19 minutes in this game. While Kreider had 12. When is this guy gonna be benched for good? (And I mean at least third period + OT and SO.) his play did not warrant him being out there in OT.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Richards was never a great physical player. All im seeing are "hes slow" etc, when the **** wasnt he? Hes always relied on his IQ to get creative and make plays.

Its mental.
Do you watch the games? How is your eyesight?

Unreal that some people here don't see the physical struggle. His skating in mud, his laboring before his shift is even up. On top of all that his decision making and actual skill is diminishing before our eyes.

His prime is behind him. Compliance buyout. Throw money at 27 year old, 6'4' number one center unrestricted free agent Ryan Getzlaf.

Last edited by nevesis: 02-21-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
bmw2004

Rangers and their unrestricted free agents. So ****ing sad.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Do you watch the games? How is your eyesight?

Unreal that some people here don't see the physical struggle. His skating in mud, his laboring before his shift is even up. On top of all that his decision making and actual skill is diminishing before our eyes.

His prime is behind him. Compliance buyout. Throw money at 27 year old, 6'4' number one center unrestricted free agent Ryan Getzlaf.
My eyesight? Its great.

Once again. Richards has always been that way.

His hockey strength is his hockey IQ and creativity. Hes overthinking **** and trying to do too much and making boneheaded plays in the process. Thats physical? Oh I get it. Since the mental part is attached to the brain, okay, okay..

Old
02-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
I constantly see you posting this. Do you think Getzlaf going to FA is a guarantee? Will the Ducks let him walk? Ducks are good again this year and he seems to enjoy being a Duck.

Listen, Brad clearly hasn't looked his best, but I honestly don't believe this is the end. We're 16 games into the season. It sucks he's looked very bad so far, but he can turn it around. I honestly agree with the other poster saying it's all mental. He knows he's struggling and that leads to having no confidence. When you have no confidence, you take too long trying not to make a mistake with the puck, which leads to turnovers and bad, forced passes. He has never been a player who relied on his physical attributes to carry him, but his hockey IQ and vision. Right now it is all mental, he needs to have a few good games where he makes some good plays and then he will start to hit his stride. Confidence is so important in hockey.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:23 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
My eyesight? Its great.

Once again. Richards has always been that way.

His hockey strength is his hockey IQ and creativity. Hes overthinking **** and trying to do too much and making boneheaded plays in the process. Thats physical? Oh I get it. Since the mental part is attached to the brain, okay, okay..
When Brad Richards skated like this...he was great!

Brad Richards does not skate like that anymore.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
OverTheCap

It's both physical and mental.

He looks slow and is out of breath more than I've ever seen before. He's a step behind and his timing is off.

Those on-ice struggles have caused him to overthink his game. Scary that he had to ask Maloney for advice. Brad is in his head too much right now.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:28 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR135 View Post
I constantly see you posting this. Do you think Getzlaf going to FA is a guarantee? Will the Ducks let him walk? Ducks are good again this year and he seems to enjoy being a Duck.
He most likely will not want to leave since he has a settled family, but I post it because the idea of getting someone with that much skill, size, and still only 27 years old, AND being potentially an unrestricted free agent is very enticing.

Maybe he tests the market, and is willing to relocate in order to have a change of scenery and play with Nash again.

I would much rather have him than Brad Richards, thats for sure. Richards contract is DESTRUCTIVE, and there are 6 MORE YEARS of it. He's regressing badly, and he's not getting younger. He's turning 33 in May...

Old
02-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Cmox

Brad Drury.

What can anyone say that hasn't been said ? He looks tired,old and lost. maybe it's personal? God knows how hot he was when he dated Olivia Munn. I really think he needs to be a healthy scratch just so he can reflect and get his **** together.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

That breakaway.

He's lost his skating.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:31 PM
useref15

Those videos posted sure don't look like the Brad Richards we've been watching, thats for damn sure. Looks like a complete different player.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:

He never looked like this as a Ranger. Especially his skating.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:33 PM
Heyoooo*

Richards hasnt skated like that since hes been a Ranger.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:

Those highlights look like a player playing with tons of confidence to me.

Idk, he's looked sluggish this year, but I still don't believe he's sinking fast and this is the beginning of the end for Richards. He's 16 games into a season where he spent an extended off season on his ass drinking wine.

Hopefully this will be at the very least a kick in the ass for him this summer to get his act together and come out in 2013-14 flying. However, I don't think all is lost for this season just yet.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:36 PM
trilobyte

It's true, no athlete in good health will decline that rapidly. Watching Richards gather the puck up behind the net and skate it up ice shows a guy who skates just fine.
His lack of flow just ends up with him standing around somewhere and then trying to jump back into the play. No wonder he looks slow, he is not in the flow. The entire Rangers offense does not flow most of the time, and don't tell me that it is completely the fault of Brad Richards.

I'm not sticking up for his play, not at all, but the whole team has no cohesion. It's a team game, and I see no creative think as you go at the speed of skates play building, play making.

Closed Thread