HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins-Flyers talking trade?

Old
02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Kirk Mclean
The best there is...

vCash: 500
I would give up more than a 1st for Briere.

All he does is make magic happen in the playoffs.

Kirk Mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
He also didn't have a PPG avg in the playoffs.
2012 draft was also seen as not that good ... 2013 is seen has a wow draft. Don't think we'll see alot of 1st move.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandMadness 63 View Post
I can't even remember the last time the Flyers and Bruins made a trade with each other. Anybody out there know?
Andrew Alberts for a 4th and Ned Lukacevic in '08?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Considering it looks like Boston will do a lot this season and possibly go deep into the playoffs, I could see them pay a 1st for Briere. Late first for a playoff performer.
...And then leave what for cap space to be able to re-sign Rask, a backup goalie, a defenseman, two extras, and possibly upgrade the third line left wing?

The only way Boston moves for a player on a contract past this season is if they're trading Kelly or Peverley (who both have NTC's) in the trade. PC just re-signed both to lucrative extensions and it's not his M.O. to sign and trade so quickly.

I would chalk this up to two GM's enjoying conversation rather than potential trade partners as there is no one on Philly's roster that is first likely / realistic to be traded and second who fits the current and future needs of the Bruins (as in, obviously the Bruins would have interest in Giroux but there is around a 0% chance that they will be trading for him).

Last edited by DJENTLEMAN: 02-21-2013 at 09:48 PM.
DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Fwiw my spider sense says Zac Rinaldo or maybe another Flyers fourth liner for a draft pick or d prospect.......And I despise Zac Rinaldo but it would allow the Bruin's to move Paille up to the third line.
I hope not. Rinaldo is developing into someone quite useful. Besides, the Bruins have enough tough guys.

I'd give you Briere in a heartbeat, though. Especially if, like others mentioned, a 1st rounder is coming back our way. I figure he is getting amnestied after the season anyway by the Flyers.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:02 PM
MarchandMadness 63*

I would offer Torey Krug to Philly for Tye McGinn. What do Bruins and Flyers fans here think about that?

MarchandMadness 63* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:04 PM
laundryman

It'd be tough to see Briere in a Bruins uniform. Please just take Knuble

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Would Philly have interest in Boychuk?

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Gaustad didn't have 2 more years at 6.5M cap hit
Cap isn't an issue this year. If you preferred Briere were a pending UFA, the Bruins could buy him out in the summer when the cap does become an issue.

I wouldn't have given up a first for Gaustad. But Briere has more value than Gaustad.

Ten Thousand Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:25 PM
GuinnRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
...And then leave what for cap space to be able to re-sign Rask, a backup goalie, a defenseman, two extras, and possibly upgrade the third line left wing?

The only way Boston moves for a player on a contract past this season is if they're trading Kelly or Peverley (who both have NTC's) in the trade. PC just re-signed both to lucrative extensions and it's not his M.O. to sign and trade so quickly.
I think it's a stretch to call Peverley's shiny new three-year 3.25m contract extension "lucrative." It's a bit pricey sure, but not by much.

And while you are correct Peverley's has NTC, it's only partial. Condition is he had to provide Bruins with 8-team trade list last Oct. 1. Next year same thing. In 14-15, it expands to 15-team list.

Gut feeling says he is moved by deadline, as he is one if few expendable guys on roster (though they love his versatility) and teams can use him to fill multiple holes (PP, PK, top-6, bottom-6).

Kelly had NTC with no conditions.

GuinnRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:38 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnRocks View Post
I think it's a stretch to call Peverley's shiny new three-year 3.25m contract extension "lucrative." It's a bit pricey sure, but not by much.

And while you are correct Peverley's has NTC, it's only partial. Condition is he had to provide Bruins with 8-team trade list last Oct. 1. Next year same thing. In 14-15, it expands to 15-team list.

Gut feeling says he is moved by deadline, as he is one if few expendable guys on roster (though they love his versatility) and teams can use him to fill multiple holes (PP, PK, top-6, bottom-6).

Kelly had NTC with no conditions.
Lucrative in the sense that his previous deal was at a $1.325 million cap hit, which is a sizable jump. While his list may include Philadelphia, I just can't see the Bruins jumping to tack on a contract to double his cap hit with the cap crunch coming in the off-season. Other than Briere, which forward on the Flyers' roster could the Bruins realistically be targeting? Fedotenko? Knuble? If the Bruins wanted Knuble, they could've signed him a month ago and if they wanted Fedotenko, they could've signed him in the offseason and wouldn't have to give up assets at his expense.

I'm off an on in seeing Peverley moved. The logical side says he would be the best forward for the Bruins to move however the shortened season increases the amount of teams who believe they will be making the playoffs and will likely be buyers. This will drive demand up and supply down, meaning that the only teams that will likely be the suppliers are teams out of contention and rendering them less likely to be on Peverley's list of suitors. Essentially it's going to be a bunch of teams circling the bottom-feeders like vultures but in a seller's market. This makes for a very entertaining deadline with the possibility of little movement.

All I'm saying is that the likely move will be for an expiring contract and such player will garner prospects and picks considering the rocky road ahead for the Bruins in the offseason. I feel as though if the Bruins are going to move a player on an existing contract, it will happen in the offseason. This is honestly the year for the Bruins to go for it as next year's team will almost assuredly not be as talented as this current version.

Last edited by DJENTLEMAN: 02-21-2013 at 10:49 PM.
DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Oh sure, when I reported that Doug Wilson and Darryl Sutter were chatting at a game last year, you guys made fun of me but when some guy tweets that Chiarelli and Holmgren were chatting it's a RUMOR! Oooooooh!
Chiarelli was probably just digging at Holmgren about how he wasnt able to fleece Burke too.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
I don't understand how ANY playoff team would not jump on a 1st for Briere... I guess if you watch just West Coast games, and pay no mind to what goes on in the Eastern Conference playoffs, but still..

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:35 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

What would Boychuk cost the Flyers? Seidenberg?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:00 AM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Briere is not worth a 1st rounder
Your right! He's worth 2

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
I could see it being kimmo.

I remember that chara went out of his way to praise kimmo during the asg saying he always admired the way he played.

Kimmo signing that extension might be a way to increase his value to another team knowing that he has 2 more playoffs in him.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:29 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I could see it being kimmo.

I remember that chara went out of his way to praise kimmo during the asg saying he always admired the way he played.

Kimmo signing that extension might be a way to increase his value to another team knowing that he has 2 more playoffs in him.
And leave the Flyers with what defensively? I know he's getting old, but he's still the PMD we have and have no replacements.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
And leave the Flyers with what defensively? I know he's getting old, but he's still the PMD we have and have no replacements.
so we wont win the stanley cup this year without a pmd? oh no.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:06 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
so we wont win the stanley cup this year without a pmd? oh no.
We pretty much won't win any games without a PMD.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Terryo24

We got Pete Peeters back in my day!

Terryo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:57 AM
nmbr_24

I think a lot of you may be thinking too big. I get the feeling that it will be more of a depth move and not a big time player move.

Bruins get Fedetenko
Flyers get Bartkowski

The Bruins get a 3rd line wing who has played well in the playoffs before, Flyers get a decent D prospect who just can't crack the B's lineup right now and unless they move players , he won't next year either despite being ready.

Makes sense to me, now watch it be a blockbuster

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:17 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
It makes sense that the Bruins would be interested in Briere as a rental, he's only owed $5 million total after this season so an amnesty buyout wouldn't be that painful in terms of cash, $833,000 a year for 4 years.

The Bruins would like to free up cap space for next year, so think in terms of rentals or a bigger cap hit going out than coming in for 2013/14. They can't really trade a defenseman without getting one back, and I can't see a top 6 forward being moved either. So to me, this is obviously about Briere.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Zod
Disappointment Train

There is only one possibility from this GM meeting: Briere goes north at deadline for cheap, amnestied after a cup push, back to Philly with a better contract.

Flyers lose all future first rounders in perpetuity for circumvention, Holmgren then finally realizes the worth of all of the 2nd rounders he'd traded away, Flyers never draft above the 3rd round again.

Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:46 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Briere shows up as a center on ESPN; but I thought he played more right wing? Considering the buyout option; I'd totally be on board with a 1st for him; or a 2nd a fringe prospect.

I like Chris Bourque, but no doubt that a third line of Kelly-Peverley-Briere would be a big upgrade, especially during the playoffs.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote